Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    It is true. You were banned from the subreddit for being abusive and antagonising people. Hardly conduct becoming of a self-elected spokesperson for the game.

Meh, $45 or $55 is pretty much the same.
    Two swings two misses Nice try though

Yet there are quite a few in this thread that have backed the game and their feedback is unwelcome because it isn't positive. Selective feedback is probably more accurate.
    That's natural though. There will always be different opinions about how things should go but in the end the decision is up to CIG which are the ones better equiped to make those decisions. Some folks have a harder time accepting that than others, hence the Angry Gamers.

With that said, nothing said in this thread or from any oyher random foruns matters.

This doesn't really wash. A person's understanding of what they were pledging for in 2013 is different from what it was in 2017 and different again in 2022.
    Now that's really up to each backer. How much they did their homework and ultimately how they deal with their decisions.

Every backer will have their idea of what "is best" for the game even if their ideas conflict no one is really in the "wrong" unless they forget that it's CIG who decides and try to force their ideas into the game and getting angry when that doesn't pan out.

It can get ugly when they get resentfull and turn from fanboy to hater and some even spent their lives trying to undermine the project.

It sometimes happen but like a great Knight once said: it's just the community cleansing itself along the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

I'm extremely proud of the game they've been building, How they've managed to overcome the growing pains of building a studio, all the adversities that come with open development along with the unique gaming experiences provided and all the friends made along the way and beyond.
    Delusion: The thread.

Speaking of Cleansing:

The latest Bar Citizen in China featured around 200 backers and they featured a 5.5m Retribuition (biggest ship per lore with 2700m).

2 months of 3D printing 10 hours to assemble.

Such a passionate community. Proud*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Disillusioned: Some angry posters
    There, Fixed.

There, Fixed.
    You thinking anyone here besides you is angry only proves my point. It's fucking funny to watch you and Kenn defend this steaming pile of shit. Keep going please.

You thinking anyone here besides you is angry only proves my point. It's fucking funny to watch you and Kenn defend this steaming pile of shit. Keep going please.
    No need to get salty. It's just a game you don't like. I'm sure there's more into it but rest easy that the best is yet to come.

Two swings two misses Nice try though
    You can keep pretending but we both know otherwise.

That's natural though. There will always be different opinions about how things should go but in the end the decision is up to CIG which are the ones better equiped to make those decisions. Some folks have a harder time accepting that than others, hence the Angry Gamers.

With that said, nothing said in this thread or from any oyher random foruns matters.
    So as long as you go along with what CIG say then you're on the right side of things, even if that means contradicting a previous held position or understanding... this is just laughable.

Now that's really up to each backer. How much they did their homework and ultimately how they deal with their decisions.
    And the same silliness again.

Every backer will have their idea of what "is best" for the game even if their ideas conflict no one is really in the "wrong" unless they forget that it's CIG who decides and try to force their ideas into the game and getting angry when that doesn't pan out.
    I don't think this is about what people think is best for the game, it's about getting what they were sold. But you know this, it has been explained to you over and over.

It can get ugly when they get resentfull and turn from fanboy to hater and some even spent their lives trying to undermine the project.
    And there we go. Disagree and you're resentful. You're now a hater and your life's mission is to undermine all of CIG's good work. In other words, you're either with us or you're against us.

You can keep pretending but we both know otherwise.
    Nop, sorry. Still swinging the air. You were getting warmer with my pledge value I give you that.

So as long as you go along with what CIG say then you're on the right side of things, even if that means contradicting a previous held position or understanding... this is just laughable.

I don't think this is about what people think is best for the game, it's about getting what they were sold. But you know this, it has been explained to you over and over
    That's part of understanding what you signed up for
    when pledging for a crowdfunded game.

And there we go. Disagree and you're resentful. You're now a hater and your life's mission is to undermine all of CIG's good work. In other words, you're either with us or you're against us.
    Not all cases end up going through the 5 stages of grief or feel it equality. This is the part where each one has to deal with the realisation that it didn't fully understood what he was getting into when he signed up for a crowdfunded game. And ultimately how they adapt to that realisation.

Like most things in life decisions it can be as much of a journey as much of a lesson. Learn to embrace it, own it with pride and try to come out a better version of yourself.

As ultimately we have only ourselves to account for our own decisions.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-10-28 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go off for few months, come back and see the same faces again. Fuck me ain't you plums bored of slating the game or just enjoy the petty arguments about how shit CIG/SC/CR are?

Bind boggling individuals. White Knighting to ensure no one wastes their money or pure sadistic enjoyment of arguing and feeling "special" by trying to see something fail and "winning" arguments?

Simply, pathetic. At least Anderson is on topic and shares the passion with people that care. GJ polluting the thread with absolute garbage nonsense.

Just a tip, you could let the thread die but gotta farm the post count somehow ey?
    -K

No need to get salty. It's just a game you don't like. I'm sure there's more into it but rest easy that the best is yet to come.
    I'd be happy if there was a game to find in there somewhere. But it's just the most expensive screenshot generator of all time.

Only reason i'd be salty is if i spent money on a promise that hasn't and won't be delivered, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Go off for few months, come back and see the same faces again. Fuck me ain't you plums bored of slating the game or just enjoy the petty arguments about how shit CIG/SC/CR are?

Bind boggling individuals. White Knighting to ensure no one wastes their money or pure sadistic enjoyment of arguing and feeling "special" by trying to see something fail and "winning" arguments?

Simply, pathetic. At least Anderson is on topic and shares the passion with people that care. GJ polluting the thread with absolute garbage nonsense.

Just a tip, you could let the thread die but gotta farm the post count somehow ey?
    Thanks for the words but I'm afraid it's useless to some here.

They've gone so off the deep end that they think it's their righteous duty to fight any game news, joy or hype about this game in it's own thread while trying to excuse years and years of shitposting for the sake of "shits & giggles".

Pity indeed but it seems it fuels funding which is nice.

So what even is Star Citizen at present?
    Is it a game you can buy and play already? A project you buy into or something?
    A cluster of games?

I last paid attention years ago and saw it a bit like no-man's sky meets Eve Online meets a pyramid scheme, how's it holding up now?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'd be happy if there was a game to find in there somewhere. But it's just the most expensive screenshot generator of all time.

Only reason i'd be salty is if i spent money on a promise that hasn't and won't be delivered, ever.
    Honest question though, and not trying to sound I'm recruiting you (don't buy it, check out the free-fly events) what's preventing you from "finding a game" in it?

If it's a tech issue it probably can be solved. If the game is not your thing that's ok we should play what we enjoy.

I ask because lot's of people have been playing and enjoying it for a while. And I'll leave a video to the poster bellow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    A cluster of games?

I last paid attention years ago and saw it a bit like no-man's sky meets Eve Online meets a pyramid scheme, how's it holding up now?
    This review does a good job explaining what the overall state of the game is from a somewhat recent backer:

It's one year old though so there's been some considerable updates since.

Edit* Seems a recent review was released meanwhile:
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-10-28 at 02:16 PM.

At least Anderson is on topic
    Oh yes, totally, it's exactly how we got here after someone simply mentioning of the possibility of incompetence in the project development. You won't get any sort discussion going anywhere when you perceive anything remotely negative as an “attack” and use it as justification to start throwing insults and accusations at others.

you could let the thread die but gotta farm the post count somehow ey?
    Every time the the thread drops from the first page, it gets bumped back to the top with a random YouTube video or game screen shots devoid of context

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53798187
    Ahahahaha!

A cluster of games?

Hi there,

Star Citizen is a very much incomplete and very buggy project of a game that is in essence in Early Access. Grossly so and very subpar compared to more popular games in Early Access such as Valheim, Tarkov or Baldus Gate 3, for exemple.

The developer of the game, CIG, has already spent 10+ years and over half a billion $ and it is not clear if it will ever manage to get it to a reasonable state.

This sums it up well:

This review seems pretty fair overall:

The usual recommendation, given the poor state of the project for so long and after so much money spent is to try it out at the so called "Free Fly" events the developer organises from time to time. No need to spend a dime and you can see it for your self.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2022-10-28 at 03:45 PM.

A cluster of games?

It's sort of a rough early access, with a lot of macrotransactions.

However, instead of being pulled between opinions, I recommend you just waiting for a free flight event and drawing your own conclusions. If you enjoy it and it's something you want to support, the cheapest pack is 45$ I believe, just make sure to take what Chris Roberts says with a pitch of salt, the guy is a bit of overoptimistic with his own goals.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-10-28 at 02:40 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Doesn’t it count the private servers of dead MMOs? I know that’s not official or anything but would maybe explain that part.
    haha no. It has no way to truly get the data from games so it uses a metric of basically 'made up bullshit'. It uses google searches about the name of the game and other crap to try and 'guess' the amount of players. It was giving numbers to games that were dead and that had no private servers at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you defend the game and company as if you're paid to do so.

Speaking of Cleansing:

The latest Bar Citizen in China featured around 200 backers and they featured a 5.5m Retribuition (biggest ship per lore with 2700m).

2 months of 3D printing 10 hours to assemble.

Such a passionate community. Proud*

- - - Updated - - -

There, Fixed.
    So how many servers does it take to pilot this thing? Or is it still in the pretty picture phase like the majority of the ships purchased for this scam?

+1 for your post count, good on you!

On topic: Some of the people 'white knighting' by being critical of the game don't care if people waste their money, as it is their money to waste. Some being critical don't care if the game fails so they can chirp that they won the internet. You don't understand why people are critical of the game, nor do you care. You just wanted to pop in, lay down some cover fire and then dash off for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the words but I'm afraid it's useless to some here.

They've gone so off the deep end that they think it's their righteous duty to fight any game news, joy or hype about this game in it's own thread while trying to excuse years and years of shitposting for the sake of "shits & giggles".

Pity indeed but it seems it fuels funding which is nice.
    Righteous duty? That's rich coming from the person that made an account ONLY to post in this thread and attack people who are critical of SC. I love how you think threads on games are only for hyping the game or sharing game news or joy. You don't even know what other threads are like around here or on the internet in general because you are in this thread (and Im sure on other specific sites that have threads about SC to attack people there too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    So how many servers does it take to pilot this thing? Or is it still in the pretty picture phase like the majority of the ships purchased for this scam?
    Well if there was 200 backers they'd have to be split into at least 2 servers. But everyone being in the same spot in the game might be bad so maybe make it 3 servers. But then none of those different servers can play together..so there wouldn't be much a point having ships that require most of the server to be in them...

You know this just sounds awful, let's build something else.

Honest question though, and not trying to sound I'm recruiting you (don't buy it, check out the free-fly events) what's preventing you from "finding a game" in it?

If it's a tech issue it probably can be solved. If the game is not your thing that's ok we should play what we enjoy.

I ask because lot's of people have been playing and enjoying it for a while. And I'll leave a video to the poster bellow.
    Holy shit Anderson, *clap*, see, how hard was that.

I'll tell you what, you keep that up, and I'll stop posting in this thread.
    Ahahahaha!

Honest answer: It's funny that you still have to ask after SIXTEENTHOUSANDFIVEHUNDRED postings in this thread. SC is not a game. All you can do is move around in a void, which gets boring after ten minutes. It's good for a few minutes of looking at the assets, but that's pretty much it. They've proven time and time again for over a decade, that they're totally inept and incapable of delivering what was so promised so bigmouthed half a generation ago.

IF it ever releases (and that's a big if), it will still be a buggy unfinished mess like it is today. You should finally come to the realization that SC will never be something that is fun to play. Never. It will get a 60 metascore at best if they can survive long enough to not being sued to Stanton and beyond for fraud.

And nobody watches any of the videos you post, trust me. I tried, but they fucking boring, because SC is fucking boring.