Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    New artstyle for UI is bad. Healthbars, minimal, icons, new rare symbol, chests and rares, gryphons on the bars, bags backgrounds and so on, laser castbars look very simplified and flashy, kinda like they were designed for a mobile game. Old art was more "classic art" and I liked it more.

Minimap is too big.
    Menu bar is too small.
    Talent tooltips and icons are too small.
    Opening world map by clicking tiny zone name is inconvenient.
    Can't move bags.
    Can't move menu bar.
    Can't move or resize LFG eye.
    Can't resize chat.
    Can't remove keybinds showing from main action bar.
    Can't use tracking macros anymore.

Overall it's an improvement, but i really want old artstyle back. Miss me with that mobile flashy shit.
    Rare symbol still exists
    chest and rare icons same as before just higher quality
    gryphons were always there?
    Whats wrong with bag background?
    Old art was classic, but we arnt in classic anymore dude, you want classic, classic is there, game is far from classic anymore
    Minimap same as it was
    menu bar is actually bigger then it was before
    talent tooltips and icons take the whole screen my dude, and they are the default icon size, idk how they can be small?
    wait people dont open the world map by pressing M?
    You can resize chat.
    You can use tracking macros but they have been altered.

rest though yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

There is nothing wrong with the old classic UI.

This is just Blizzard saying "look, we're not the same company with all the bad press from before, look we're totally new and improved, love us!"

I know it's just an UI, but psychology works like this. If they do this trick in the broadest sense all across the board then people will subconsciously pick on this mindset and actually start thinking Blizzard improved themselves. This is exactly the same how commercials and marketing work, they constantly fool you with psychological tricks. It's one right out of the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Every bar can be hidden but the main one unless I missed the option for that one. You just choose not to show buttons and boom, no bar.
    It was mostly about mouseover tbh. I like to have my main two bars there, usually had a third on mouseover where i would put mount, hs, stuff like that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Opening world map by clicking tiny zone name is inconvenient.
    Who clicks open map? Just use M or L.
    Can't resize chat.
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Rare symbol still exists
    Old art was classic, but we arnt in classic anymore dude, you want classic, classic is there, game is far from classic anymore
    Minimap same as it was
    talent tooltips and icons take the whole screen my dude, and they are the default icon size, idk how they can be small?
    You can resize chat.

rest though yeah.
    I didn't say rare symbols don't exist, I said I don't like the new ones.
    Chest and rare symbols aren't the same, they are simplified and I don't like this approach of iconism.
    I didn't say gryphons don't exists anymore, I said I don't like them. Old ones were detailed new ones are "icons" so again, not my taste.
    Bag background used to be empty.ob empty slots now it has some obscure icon there.
    I don't want to play classic, I want classic UI, thanks for useless dismissive advice though.
    Minimap isn't the same, it's much bigger.
    Menu bar actually isn't bigger.
    Talent tooltips are much smaller than ability tooltips when you look at them in the spellbook.
    Yes, M keybind is inconvenient and all my handy keybinds are used for abilities.
    Didn't know about the chat resize option, where is it?
    Didn't know about tracking macros.

Yikes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Who clicks open map? Just use M or L.
    I do. Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

Yes you can.
    Cool. How? When I open options for chat box in edit mode there is nothing there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

This is just Blizzard saying "look, we're not the same company with all the bad press from before, look we're totally new and improved, love us!"

I know it's just an UI, but psychology works like this. If they do this trick in the broadest sense all across the board then people will subconsciously pick on this mindset and actually start thinking Blizzard improved themselves. This is exactly the same how commercials and marketing work, they constantly fool you with psychological tricks. It's one right out of the books.
    What are you talking about? You know this was all in development since before then right?
    You really fucking think they went "hey I know we don't need to, but let's update the UI I'm sure they will make everyone forget about the lawsuit that hasn't happened yet!"

No they updated the UI cause players have been asking them to for 18 years. The whole point of the overhaul is to make add-ons less of a requirement.

Bro you are literally playing fucking armchair psychiatrist if you actually believe the shit you peddling.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes, M keybind is inconvenient and all my handy keybinds are used for abilities.
    M is the default key for map in everey video game ever. It is cobditioned reflex to anyone to open map by pressing M. Mucj fadter than clixking through menus or buttons on screen.
    Cool. How? When I open options for chat box in edit mode there is nothing there.
    Drag the corner in edit mode. Where the resize symbol is, suggesting very clearly that you can resize the window by dragging the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    the point is we shouldn't have to use the myriad of UI addons available because THIS was going to replace them. It can if they quickly add other features.
    Your OP is extremely confusing; I was waiting for you to explain what you actually mean and actually want; I guess that covers it maybe. Well: you're definitely wrong and it will never happen. That is because the LUA code exposed to the users is EXTREMELY POWERFUL in terms of what it can achieve; it has even made an extremely complex auction house addon that makes people millions of in-game gold daily (TSM) or it has weakauras which is practically an "addon of addons" because ANY LUA possible for other addons or even functions from other loaded addons can be used in it as triggers or of course addons like 'bartender' can always be more complex and powerful than the devs' basic UI; instead of hating on addons: use them because they are not there to give you less power but more.

Sometimes it feels that people are willfully ignorant or just malicious about small stuff like a new button bakcground.

Yes there are a few things i am not a fan of. But nothing so horrible to merit the reactions.

New symbols ALWAYS look weird at first. Two weeks later you won't even remember the old ones. People complaining about that will never admit that. But it will still be that way.

The only two things i am really annoyed by is

a) you cannot move microbar, bagbar and loot window.... super annoying... my menu is always tob left. Bottom right is tooltip. Muscle memory goes haywire right now.
    b) you CANNOT have different settings for 10/25 and 40 man raidframes... you can choose in the preview... you cannot give them a different place in the itnerface so the fucking 10 man group is always floating in the middle all by itself. I guess you can sort the other way around which is just stupid for healers and i honestly don't know in what direction it will sort then.

Everything else are minor stuff like: I don't like this symbol. Give me back the UI nearly no one used anymore for 15 years ( so blizz has to look after two different UIs all the time ) You will definetly forget the old symbols. Stop being so stubborn and angry about such minor stuff please.

M is the default key for map in everey video game ever. It is cobditioned reflex to anyone to open map by pressing M. Mucj fadter than clixking through menus or buttons on screen.
    Drag the corner in edit mode. Where the resize symbol is, suggesting very clearly that you can resize the window by dragging the corner.
    M is inconvenient for me because I like to rest my hand on wsad and M requires me to move it across whole keyboard, so I'd rather just click the icon, since I don't use mouse for anything else than camera movement.

And thanks for the chat tip.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    b) you CANNOT have different settings for 10/25 and 40 man raidframes... you can choose in the preview... you cannot give them a different place in the itnerface so the fucking 10 man group is always floating in the middle all by itself. I guess you can sort the other way around which is just stupid for healers and i honestly don't know in what direction it will sort then.
    If you're not easily confused by addons, just use vuhdo for frames. It's extremely more powerful; it's easy to use (comparatively to more simplistic addon configs like grid's); and: it's pro-tier for healing if you do that.

- - - Updated - - -

"body 1" and "body 2" is the most ludicrous on that. I get what they're trying to do and I hate nazis too but it's so superficial.
    If they actually wanted to promote diversity: they could work their ass more and create a "body custom" 3rd.

I think you need to think about why you are even responding to this thread. You want something to be something and no one will change your mind. This thread is for posting suggestions/bugs/work arounds/ and options that may fix your issue with the new UI that you just didn't notice. The call out OP is irrelevant at this point as I was conveying how impossible it has been to even suggest things about the new UI. It is honestly just weird. I'm going to post the list in a new thread as well for people to add to if they wish. I'd appreciate if you didn't troll it by shouting at people about complaining.
    I would appreciate you not trying to tell people how to post and trying to be a mod when you are not one and you not attacking people over it.

Your entire response is just YOU are this, YOU did that. It has nothing to do with new UI. You have every right to label something as pointless and I have every right to tell you that is not helpful in any way. If you can resist telling ppl they are whining/complaining you might hear their ideas such as....
    YOu ARE whining and complaining. You are whining that Blizzard won't do what you want when you want it. YOu attack people who call that out and try to play the victim.

Fix the not saving issue.(i actually just spent 30 min making UI>saved 800 times while making it>log on other character>none of it is saved(yes i reloaded/restarted)
    Add 4 more bars to match BT amount
    Moveable minimap
    Moveable/Resize Pet health bar(unless there is option somewhere to enable this I couldn't find it.) Its stuck to character portrait options.
    Bar art for any bar
    Fade out options for everything
    Decimal point positioning for all elements
    Fixed position and resize/move options for dynamic health/resource bar.(could be option I didn't see.) But it will move below default stacked action bars depending on camera position.
    Move/resize option for micro menu/bags. Showing one bag like BT would be good option.
    Move/resize experience bar option
    Debuff/buff filters (icehud is/was great for this if you want example of how it would be useful.)
    Opacity option for all elements.(they have had this for zone map for a long time.)
    Debuff/Buff options for player frame.

Nitpick: When you change the rows it slightly resizes the buttons to a smaller scale than a full row.
    And none of those ideas are needed. All you are doing is trying to get attention for yourself and to make an nacho chamber. YOu don't want to hear anything against it hence your personal attacks and attempts to mod.

- - - Updated - - -

This is utterly false. There are plejnty of people who found wrong witih teh classic UI and wanted to be able to edit it and update it. YOu just hate that they took what you liked away.

Rare symbol still exists
    Minimap same as it was
    You can resize chat.

rest though yeah.
    Option add those gryphons to any bar is what i meant.
    Option for old art. I've been doing custom UI's with masque for years. Other people have commented about wanting the classic art as option.

I dont know what you are referring to with "talent tooltips etc and opening map with M"? I've only seen people saying its annoying to resize the chat window when the edits don't save. Not that you can't resize it. The "i can't see the thingy joke" has been going since alpha. Most people don't notice the resize arrow if thats what you are talking about.

The menu bar is hard to see for some people. Resize option for micro/bags/mini map is no brainer.

Yea there are macros to mess with things. But that would be the exact opposite of what this UI is trying to provide in terms of access for all players. But yea, there are macros that can resize the mini map that you have to use every load. I haven't tried them myself, just saw them posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I would appreciate you not trying to tell people how to post and trying to be a mod when you are not one and you not attacking people over it.

YOu ARE whining and complaining. You are whining that Blizzard won't do what you want when you want it. YOu attack people who call that out and try to play the victim.

And none of those ideas are needed. All you are doing is trying to get attention for yourself and to make an nacho chamber. YOu don't want to hear anything against it hence your personal attacks and attempts to mod.

- - - Updated - - -

This is utterly false. There are plejnty of people who found wrong witih teh classic UI and wanted to be able to edit it and update it. YOu just hate that they took what you liked away.
    Dude you are literally doing the thing you are accusing me of doing. I can't. Seriously, chill the f out.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    If you're not easily confused by addons, just use vuhdo for frames. It's extremely more powerful; it's easy to use (comparatively to more simplistic addon configs like grid's); and: it's pro-tier for healing if you do that.

- - - Updated - - -

"body 1" and "body 2" is the most ludicrous on that. I get what they're trying to do and I hate nazis too but it's so superficial.
    If they actually wanted to promote diversity: they could work their ass more and create a "body custom" 3rd.
    If i am going to use addons again i will go back to evlui. Only thing that is good imho.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If i am going to use addons again i will go back to evlui. Only thing that is good imho.
    Too much bloatware i.e. it does more than is needed just because it exists as a big bundle.
    There are extremely more powerful addons for the individual job needed.
    E.g. look into 'button forge': possibly the best 'extra bars' addon.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Too much bloatware i.e. it does more than is needed just because it exists as a big bundle.
    There are extremely more powerful addons for the individual job needed.
    E.g. look into 'button forge': possibly the best 'extra bars' addon.

Maybe for you, but ElvUI has a lot of functionality that default UI lacks. I play a healer, and being able to customize debuff/hot/atonement/shield visibility is super important. As well as doing things like hiding my quest tracker in dungeons/raids while still showing the dungeon objectives/enemy % for M+. There is also the ability to hide a lot of icons while giving useful information at the same time, such as showing me how much gold I have at a glance, or my durability. I wanted to try the new UI, but found that I took for granted too many useful features that ElvUI has. If I wanted to replicate ElvUI, I would have to download a LOT of addons or create them myself.

I don't hate people for using the default ui. It's so much better than it was, and it's actually useable (although not ideal for me). Prior to the revamp, if ElvUI was broken for some reason, the old default UI was almost unusable. If that same situation happens now, I'll be able to adjust things enough to function until the addons I use get updated. But there's a reason why Blizzard still allows UI addons. They know that not everything will be to players' liking, and for that, there are addons.

https://imgur.com/a/usYxrYs

I get it, being right about something with hardly any experience is how most people get through life.

I'm confused as to how BT/Elv/BAGgon/ and others have been out for over a decade.
    New UI drops on beta.
    People post about things that are missing.

New UI drops on live. People post about things that are missing. They then get downvoted to all hell and told to stop caring so much about stupid little things.

Once someone tells you stop caring about something it means you should care even more.

100% clownshow from the general population that on the whole never even knew how to fully use all the customization of those addons. And now for some reason are actually getting legit nasty on forums defending the new blizz UI.

Yea, just defend it like its your dead grandpa's honor, lets not make it better. The mob is zzzzz.
    they're pleading with you to ignore it so you don't leave. they're scared of a dead game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Maybe for you, but ElvUI has a lot of functionality that default UI lacks. I play a healer, and being able to customize debuff/hot/atonement/shield visibility is super important.
    You should read the rest of my reply. There are extremely more powerful addons for a specific purpose and it's not bloatware because it has specific purposes but because it has them without being asked and they are worse for the purpose almost all of the time.

E.g. Try Vuhdo; it's extremely more powerful than anything Blizzard or a bundle of addons will ever do; it can do everything you described and in a much more powerful and advanced and easy to use manner because that's the only thing it aims to do for many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    I knew this was a shitpost lmao.
    Just report for meme use, he opened the topic with something that isn't even allowed on MMO-C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Bag background used to be empty.ob empty slots now it has some obscure icon there.
    Just wanted to point out, the empty inventory/bag slots have always had an icon. It's largely the same icon that it has now, with the only major difference being that the new icon is higher resolution. It's always been a pair of wings, but in the classic UI it was so low-res you could barely make out what it was supposed to be. The old icon was vaguely Gryphon-shaped if you squinted and tilted your head at the right angle, but the new icon is much more clearly wings.

Last edited by Darsyek; 2022-11-01 at 09:50 AM.