Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Cause the old ui was complete and utter garbage in every sense of the word. Literally 100% of all players I have ever met in wow since vanilla who used only the base ui, where the worst players I have ever met. That is not hyperbole on my part, it is straight fact in my experience. The base ui did not give enough information correctly.
    Worst based on what ? As far as I know, there is no absolute goal in the game. Everyone plays what he wants.

And again, why have B instead of A when you can have A and B ? I'm not against making the new UI the default one, but please give an option to return to the old one withouth having to use addons.
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That has never happened to me. It saved it fine and it has never been erased.
    Yeah, I'm not the only one apparently I asked on LFG and some people were complaining about the same thing.

The ui is spec specific or toon specific. Make sure you are saving it for your entire account and not just that 1 spec/class
    I know, I have only played one character since the prepatch and I saved it twice without the character specific checkbox ticked. It happened to me on the beta too, both on the end game server and the leveling one. I don't think it's addons because I had none on the Beta.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Worst based on what ? As far as I know, there is no absolute goal in the game. Everyone plays what he wants.

And again, why have B instead of A when you can have A and B ? I'm not against making the new UI the default one, but please give an option to return to the old one withouth having to use addons.
    Worst based.

A. Toon knowledge
    B. Raid perfomance
    C. Dungeon performance
    D. Mechanical knowledge in nearly all areas of the game.
    E. PVP permance in both bgs and arena
    F. Even world quests

Worst based.

A. Toon knowledge
    B. Raid perfomance
    C. Dungeon performance
    D. Mechanical knowledge in nearly all areas of the game.
    E. PVP permance in both bgs and arena
    F. Even world quests
    I definitely disagree about the world quests point, except if your goal is to optimize your pathing.
    And if you remove you F point, well your other points concern not even half of the playerbase.

And again, why have B instead of A when you can have A and B ?
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay so the new UI, while I will say that they tried to do some cool stuff with it, all it has been so far is annoying and hard to tweak to my liking.
    The function i cannot stand the most in the New profession window, that takes up 3/4 of the screen, will close out the AH, and IS NONCUSTOMIZABLE AT ALL.
    New Dragonflight professions will use all of that space.

For older expansion professions, there is way too much empty space though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    What I hate most about the new UI change, is that it broke a lot of addons. Like right now I cant re-size/move my gut damn chat window, no addons or not. Wont save. Prat chat addon still not updated either since the dev died...rip.

Also, the new UI and the old one always sucked, and will continue to suck. And I will continue to use 100+ addons.
    Use Edit Mode. From the Main menu. That lets you EDIT the chat window.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    rift an mmo that came out in 2011 had a customizalbe UI
    hell everquest had a fully customizable UI (and i mean *fully*) in like 2003 - you could move and resize every single thing in the default UI, and every aspect of it was fully accessible to modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    My issue with the revamped UI is that it's half-assed right off the bat. -snip-
    Exactly! And did you see this?

Pixelated faction icon right on the char screen

+ this horrible upgrade banner textures

And there are many more even in the UI while playing the game!

I know 4K res still isn't mainstream but c'mon! It's 2022 and every other game has these things updated or scaled properly with this resolution.
    It's absurd.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2022-10-29 at 03:44 PM.

I definitely disagree about the world quests point, except if your goal is to optimize your pathing.
    And if you remove you F point, well your other points concern not even half of the playerbase.

Ive literally known players that could not even kill 1 mob in a wq. It is very relevant.

Also the vast majority of players raid. The minority raids at a high level, that is the difference.

Ive literally known players that could not even kill 1 mob in a wq. It is very relevant.

Also the vast majority of players raid. The minority raids at a high level, that is the difference.
    I don't see how people couldn't kill 1 mob in a wb and could with addons.
    And, in general in mmorpg, most people aren't even max level. Most people just play a few eeks each expansion and then quit until the next one. The raiders are a tiny minority of wow players.

MMO Champs :

I don't see how people couldn't kill 1 mob in a wb and could with addons.
    And, in general in mmorpg, most people aren't even max level. Most people just play a few eeks each expansion and then quit until the next one. The raiders are a tiny minority of wow players.

Im not going to answer your stupid analogy due to the fact that A is moronic garbage and has been since 2004.

its pretty cool, lets wait for more options in new patches

Im not going to answer your stupid analogy due to the fact that A is moronic garbage and has been since 2004.
    Big argumentation right here. And whatever the value of A, A + B will always be >= B, because you can't have something in the game that actually decrease the quality of something else, it's basic.
    I really don't understand why you would prefer to have less options in the game ?
    MMO Champs :

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Sad truth, but this game wouldn't survive without addons. Overall new UI is about modernizing game's look for completely new players, who don't know about addons yet.
    Fully agree! Addons are great for customizing the game to fit YOUR PLAYER NEEDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Because progression is needed in something that has not been touched in a loooooooooooong time. There's most likely going to be an addon for that.
    if they spent the last 4 years updating the ui and you still need addons to customize it then what the hell is your definition of progression?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    if they spent the last 4 years updating the ui and you still need addons to customize it then what the hell is your definition of progression?
    You needing an add-on or more with the new UI, is on you, the default UI is never going to have everything you want, never, even the old one didn't. That is the whole term of DEFAULT. The progression is that their old default version got such a vast upgrade that you can actually work with it without a majority of add-ons, giving the player more options to adjust how they might need it, after that part you, the player, want to add more to your UI, meaning that the default isn't good enough for you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    New Dragonflight professions will use all of that space.

For older expansion professions, there is way too much empty space though.

- - - Updated - - -

Use Edit Mode. From the Main menu. That lets you EDIT the chat window.
    Jesus smart people...WOW 11/10. There is litterally a thread made days ago where people has the same problem as me...

Can people on mmo-c stop assuming everyone is stupid.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    You needing an add-on or more with the new UI, is on you, the default UI is never going to have everything you want, never, even the old one didn't. That is the whole term of DEFAULT. The progression is that their old default version got such a vast upgrade that you can actually work with it without a majority of add-ons, giving the player more options to adjust how they might need it, after that part you, the player, want to add more to your UI, meaning that the default isn't good enough for you.
    I disagree with literally everything you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with literally everything you said.
    So, you disagree that default options are a thing and that you, the player, has the freedom to modify it for your needs and that you need to be fed options because you might not know what you want?

Alrighty. Good talk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    UI change would be great and all if it didn't erase my layout every time I log off. I've had to redo the entire thing multiple times and I save it each time. It doesn't just go to the default layout but erases the one I made. The same stupid bug has been in the Dragonflight beta since I got the invite months ago.
    Sounds like one of your addons is screwing it over.
    Or how are you closing the game? are you actually logging out, or just alt F4ing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know but it's not the impossible goal of making a UI that satisfies everyone and doesn't need further customization. That's a goalpost that's in another universe altogether. I suppose making the UI more flexible for the majority of players is one decent definition. UI's are personal so the more flexibility the better. So too the UI architecture and how easily people can create useful custom functions for it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."