Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Exactly! And did you see this? ...
    Even that screenshot you posted is slapped together with no care; the boxes overlap the border. A slight adjustment to the right cleans it up. I get that most players would not care at all about such things, but I my work involves working with and designing documents -- especially legal documents -- and I immediately noticed the lack of, frankly, care in their design/UX work.

Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-10-30 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Elvui bloatware? I do not think you understand what that term means.
    I know more than 10 programming languages so don't assume to know what everyone knows. It is bloatware not because it has features but because it has them without being asked and it has them in an inferior version to specialized addons.
    All those features you claim it "replaces": it replaces them badly; there are always better addons for a specific job; elvui is for people unable to research alternatives (PS arkinventory is much better than bagnon (also look into button forge)).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2022-10-30 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    snip
    I literally could not care less about this. I think perhaps you have some deeper issues you should seek help for, if you spend this much of your time identifying pixel gap differences in a video game.

OT: The new UI is objectively better than the old one. If you use complete-replacement UI overhaul addons, you aren't the target market. If you're complaining because your complete-replacement UI overhaul addons no longer work, complain about your addon authors being lazy - or better yet, donate to them, and stop expecting that they do for free something that you're unwilling and incapable of doing yourself.

Honestly, the novels some of you write on here - imagine if you put all that time into learning how to write addons. Then you wouldn't have to cry anymore! Of course, it's much harder than coming here and complaining, but you know, being productive and all that. I wish you all the best.

Because people have been crying for Eons about not being able to move stuff without addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    The function i cannot stand the most in the New profession window, that takes up 3/4 of the screen
    It's that big because of the new stuff that's added

I'm personally not at all excited about this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Why are people freaking out over the UI?
    In a few days everything will return to normal with addons right?

Even in roleplay server people are freaking out in chat...wth
    Not everyone uses addons
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Soriz View Post
    I feel like the odd one out who actually likes the new UI and it's stopped me having to use ElvUI and other addons.
    You are. The problem is I am Old now. I imagine the same with a lot of players on a 20 year old game. It is weird your eyes still work. By default the new ui works. When you turn on scaling suddenly everything clips over each other. I have been using scaling for year and gradually cranking it up as my eyes go. Now the game doesn't work if I have it on? The chat is 3/4 under my bars on login.

There are more changes they made that directly hurt readability. Font changes and making some layers transparent. I need comic sans with a gross window behind it. I know a font with nice kerning floating in the air LOOKS better but I'm consarned old. I need predictable letters with predictable background contrast . I wear suspenders IRL. I don't give a cobb about looks in my games

Now there is dead space between the bag buttons? Bag buttons that are immovable mind you. All the menus buttons below the bag buttons are smaller and monochrome. Why? Just so I have to squint longer to devine their purpose? How come I cannot move or resize this UI element?

I have to be way more precise with my clicks now the my Dagnabbin Hands Shake!? I can miss clicking a bag now or dungeon journal now. Why? For aesthetics?

The new talent menus is hostile. It is too small with a lot of negative space. The drop down menus and irons could have been way larger but it obscures the are I guess. Every button and number is tiny. There is no quick way for me to see a difference between a select talent and a talent that takes 2 points.

Why is the icon for in combat so small now?

Tl;Dr The new Ui is a reminder of infirmary to may people. It's great it works for you. Why did it have to become more hostile for me? I may actually have to only play classic now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I literally could not care less about this. I think perhaps you have some deeper issues you should seek help for, if you spend this much of your time identifying pixel gap differences in a video game.

OT: The new UI is objectively better than the old one. If you use complete-replacement UI overhaul addons, you aren't the target market. If you're complaining because your complete-replacement UI overhaul addons no longer work, complain about your addon authors being lazy - or better yet, donate to them, and stop expecting that they do for free something that you're unwilling and incapable of doing yourself.

Honestly, the novels some of you write on here - imagine if you put all that time into learning how to write addons. Then you wouldn't have to cry anymore! Of course, it's much harder than coming here and complaining, but you know, being productive and all that. I wish you all the best.
    Yeah we have issues. You can look at something and know it looks sloppy without knowing why. My man brought the receipts.

I feel like the odd one out who actually likes the new UI and it's stopped me having to use ElvUI and other addons.
    with the new UI, I deleted 3/4 of the addons I used. mostly unit frame and actionbar addons. I'm left with weak aura, DBM and vuhdo for my healers. now I'm looking for a updated castbar addons. so far I'm pretty happy with this new interface, I'll wait for modders to update the couple addons I still need.

I have the chat frame "problem". I could edit the window with my first toon but I couldn't with the others. also I wish we could rescale/resize the minimap. don't know why we can rescale most of the windows but not this one, or if it's a bug like the chat window... I just need to test without addon when I'm back home

Blizz has farmed their UI development out to addon developers who do Blizz's work for free, for so many years, its no surprise Blizz is having problems with their UI.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    Tl;Dr The new Ui is a reminder of infirmary to may people. It's great it works for you. Why did it have to become more hostile for me? I may actually have to only play classic now.
    I am now an old man myself, played since 2005 and still feel like the new UI is much better than the old one. But I appreciate it's all down to personal preferences.

I like the unit frames and the combat bar. A lot can still be tweaked with basic addons but I understand why people are frustrated with it after reading more into peoples complaints. Let's hope they work on fixing a lot of the problems such as scaling and digging around a bit it does seem to be very simplistic in it's design, it's more of a beta interface as opposed to a finished product.

XP bar is a great example of something that needs changing, it's just stuck. Map can't be resized etc.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i mean, to old DEFAULT UI its not obvious downgrade... though option to keep the old UI wouldnt be bad idea, after 17y im kinda used to it
    and people who used addons till now still can, and most likely will...

- - - Updated - - -

and that is true... we didnt need it, especialy people who used addons...
    this seems to be targeted more at new or very casual players, who used default ui, not to improve addons...
    FULLY lol. we didnt need a UI update at all!
    And the update is making addons NONFUNCTIONAL, which is kinda butt.

I am now an old man myself, played since 2005 and still feel like the new UI is much better than the old one. But I appreciate it's all down to personal preferences.

I like the unit frames and the combat bar. A lot can still be tweaked with basic addons but I understand why people are frustrated with it after reading more into peoples complaints. Let's hope they work on fixing a lot of the problems such as scaling and digging around a bit it does seem to be very simplistic in it's design, it's more of a beta interface as opposed to a finished product.

XP bar is a great example of something that needs changing, it's just stuck. Map can't be resized etc.
    My point was it is a good thing you can move bars for many people. Why can you not move every bar? Why does it have to come at the cost of making things harder to see at a glance? Why are menu icons all the same color and simplified in shape? Did anyone complain they could understand what they meant quickly? How come you can collapse the bad button but not move it? How come text is over an opaque background now? Why can't I have get on a brown background like before so I can read it? Why did they remove the mail icon off the minimap but replace it with a huge covenant sanctum button? Heck, the zooms don't even pop up until you mouse over it. I thought that would not matter in the new expansion but I get a constant reminder of SL but the zooms can fade in and out? More choice is good but why did it have to come at the cost of removing choice?

I mean thew whole thing is like a website update. It's like the whole idea was to make the interface look slick and futuristic but my pointer icon is still a hand in a gauntlet. The tones clash hard. Wow is a dorky cartoony game. The new enemies in this expansion are old dorky cartoony dragons and hyena men. Why is the interface now half societies page- half cell phone minimalism?

WHY IS THE ICON FOR TALENTS A BRONZE CONDOM? It's like a save icon that is a floppy disk. It only makes sense for and OLD player. It used to be an archery target . But wouldn't an old player who remembers it was a specific WC2 icon before want to have the option to use the old WC2 icon?

I just had another thought. If the zooms on the minimap can fade in and out why can't the arrows for collapsing quests and buffs? The way to can make the bars fade out in combat too makes me think someone heard all the praise Elden Ring got for having a simplified HUD and tried to do that as much as possible for a game the requires way more information for nerds. The UI feels designed by comity and some parts are really nice and some parts really are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Sounds like one of your addons is screwing it over.
    Or how are you closing the game? are you actually logging out, or just alt F4ing?
    Yeah, I cleared it up in another reply. I am using some addons on my live account, but I have the same exact problem on the beta account and have had it for an over a month. To answer your other point, I never alt-F4. I always logoff at a town or exit game through the UI. I logged on yesterday and it had saved my layout, albeit some bars were reset to default. It just seems inconsistent. I looked on the forums and it is a problem people have been having on live servers seems to be reported enough times I didn't bother making a post about it.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Even that screenshot you posted is slapped together with no care; the boxes overlap the border. A slight adjustment to the right cleans it up. I get that most players would not care at all about such things, but I my work involves working with and designing documents -- especially legal documents -- and I immediately noticed the lack of, frankly, care in their design/UX work.[IMG][/IMG]
    Indeed. I, myself, work as a graphic designer and these things drive me mad tbh. When something is a little bit off or not pixel perfect, I notice it immediately. But it baffles me that they promoted new UI as this big new feature of a new expansion and it's just like actionbars, minimap, castbars, unit frames, xp bar and micro menu. Why not the whole UI including char panel, spellbook, friends list etc.? Some time ago they updated the red buttons, so why not update everything? Every other game has this covered already and is scaled properly in 4K. Even games like Runescape!

I know it's not game-breaking but it's just... weird. Sometimes even immersion-breaking for me.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2022-10-30 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Originally, you couldn't have profession and auction open at the same time, it was altered later on to be able to, but now professions are in need of more space due to it FINALLY getting an update that might be worth it. From what I experienced in the Beta, the extra space is needed, due to what the professions get.
    Only thing "worth it" with the new profession is the token sales blizzard will sell with it.
    Its so DOA and one of the worst things they've done... Legendary base items will look like a childrens joke compared to this monstrosity.
    And gutting the UI doesn't exactly help sell it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Only thing "worth it" with the new profession is the token sales blizzard will sell with it.
    Its so DOA and one of the worst things they've done... Legendary base items will look like a childrens joke compared to this monstrosity.
    And gutting the UI doesn't exactly help sell it either.
    What the hell does the token have to do with professions? Other than maybe someone using it to get gold for boosting their profession but then that would've been an issue ever since the token was added, so where does the new change of UI for professions have an effect on Tokens? You can't buy profession XP for gold on beta either. We haven't even seen crafted legendaries for that matter.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What the hell does the token have to do with professions? Other than maybe someone using it to get gold for boosting their profession but then that would've been an issue ever since the token was added, so where does the new change of UI for professions have an effect on Tokens? You can't buy profession XP for gold on beta either. We haven't even seen crafted legendaries for that matter.
    You missed one of the biggest features of the expansion tied to professions?
    You're in for quite a chock then xD
    I'll give you a hint "mandatory crafted gear".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You missed one of the biggest features of the expansion tied to professions?
    You're in for quite a chock then xD
    I'll give you a hint "mandatory crafted gear".
    No, not mandatory crafted gear, you can earn it in the open world too, but crafted gear just have a purpose now. If you make it mandatory, that is on you as a player, wasn't mandatory through the Beta leveling. You have multiple stages of gear.

Crafting
    Warmode
    Invasions

Even dungeon gear is useful up to LFR.

Those three will get to mid-tier of normal raiding item level after upgrades, not mandatory but it'll help you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay so the new UI, while I will say that they tried to do some cool stuff with it, all it has been so far is annoying and hard to tweak to my liking.
    The function i cannot stand the most in the New profession window, that takes up 3/4 of the screen, will close out the AH, and IS NONCUSTOMIZABLE AT ALL.
    Conspiracy theory version: Console port-friendly for Xbox Pass?

No, not mandatory crafted gear, you can earn it in the open world too, but crafted gear just have a purpose now. If you make it mandatory, that is on you as a player, wasn't mandatory through the Beta leveling. You have multiple stages of gear. .
    Take a look at it again. You're wrong in every sense. The gear is very much mandatory for anything above world quest content. Can you earn *SOME* mats in solo content, at a vastly slower rate? Sure. Can you also use crafting orders and just buy everything for gold through the UI? Very much so.
    The embellishments are anything but optional gear lol. They are defacto legendaries.
    And everyone and their mama, including streamers are screaming this will be far worse than the SL leggos, which was a fucking disaster and one of the top reasons for buying a token. This will be the same, just 10 times worse. Just wait

Blizzard could better had community addon creators buy/hire them and put them in the core game.
    This new blizzard UI is crap, improvement to the core UI but theyu will never be as good as the community created addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Worst based on what ? As far as I know, there is no absolute goal in the game. Everyone plays what he wants.

And again, why have B instead of A when you can have A and B ? I'm not against making the new UI the default one, but please give an option to return to the old one withouth having to use addons.
    Addons are why they don't. Addon makers would be forced to maintain two versions of their addons and not allowing addons for the old one would not be fair. This is not workable because of addons.