Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Is this a person?

If so, when do legal rights and insurance coverage start?
    Maybe in the eyes of some wildlife conservationists and zookeepers, but they tend towards anthropomorphism.

Cute attempted dunk though. Maybe I should bookmark this for future content of the relaxed attitude towards non-constructive/trolling rule.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Maybe in the eyes of some wildlife conservationists and zookeepers, but they tend towards anthropomorphism.

Cute attempted dunk though. Maybe I should bookmark this for future content of the relaxed attitude towards non-constructive/trolling rule.
    It's funny to complain about non-constructivism and yet dodge any and all questions regarding specifics.

When does insurance start? When does a fetus become a "person", because in the eyes of the law, it's at birth.

Dodge those questions any more and you'll be Tom from the Matrix. Just answer the question.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about as reasonable as any of the claims you've tried to put into play to defend your support for denying the basic humanity of women. That same "relaxed attitude" applies to pretty much every one of your own posts through this thread.

https://www.wral.com/bo-s-time-nc-re...seat/20530941/

Hines thinks abortion should be unlawful except in cases where a mother’s life is at risk. He wants victims of rape and incest to be allowed to get an abortion on a case-by-case basis through a community-level review process outside the jurisdiction of the federal government.
    Ah yes, rape-panels! A woman who has suffered trauma will totally be willing to walk in front of a group of strangers, most of whom will probably be men, to recount her trauma and beg them to let her get the necessary medical care she needs.

Because it's not up to the individual to make their own health care decisions, according to Republicans. As Mehmet Oz said, that decision is, "Between a woman, her doctor, and her local politician."

I'm just wondering when the local politician is going to start showing up to prostate exams to "help" men make medical decisions.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm just wondering when the local politician is going to start showing up to prostate exams to "help" men make medical decisions.
    Lol.

When prostate exams involve fetuses, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Lol.

When prostate exams involve fetuses, I imagine.
    Irrelevant, but I'll take the bait.

Any decision regarding whether a man wants to have a vasectomy should be between a man, his doctor, and his local politician.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...lped-rcna54998

When Brian Zahra learned that he had impregnated his 20-year-old girlfriend in May 1983, he grabbed the yellow pages, found an abortion clinic in the Detroit suburbs and made an appointment, the woman told NBC News in an interview last month.

They were of the same mind regarding what to do about the pregnancy and did not discuss other options, according to Alyssa Jones, who went by her maiden name, Alyssa Watson, at the time.

On May 18 that year, Jones said, Zahra drove her to the clinic and paid for her abortion. As they sat in the car afterward, Jones, then a sophomore in college, hung her head and wept, feeling the conflicting emotions of a life-changing experience. Zahra, she said, seemed frustrated that she was upset and that he couldn’t console her. He yelled at her, she recalled: If you didn’t want to do this, why did we do this?

Zahra, then a 23-year-old small-business owner who was a little more than a year away from enrolling in law school, is now a state judge and up for re-election to Michigan’s Supreme Court.

“I’m grateful I had a choice, and I think he’s grateful he had a choice,” Jones said in an interview.

In early September, thirty-nine years after Jones says she terminated the pregnancy, Zahra voted to block a ballot initiative — known as Proposal 3 — that would enshrine abortion rights in the Michigan Constitution, arguing in a dissenting opinion that insufficient spacing between some words on the petition rendered it incompatible with Michigan law.

According to campaign finance records, a prominent anti-abortion group in the state is currently spending to help him win another term.
    Just a reminder that most "anti-abortion" conservatives aren't actually anti-abortion. They're very for access to abortion when their wife/girlfriend/mistress gets pregnant, but privately.

Irrelevant, but I'll take the bait.

Any decision regarding whether a man wants to have a vasectomy should be between a man, his doctor, and his local politician.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...lped-rcna54998

Just a reminder that most "anti-abortion" conservatives aren't actually anti-abortion. They're very for access to abortion when their wife/girlfriend/mistress gets pregnant, but privately.
    Rules for thee and not for me continues on.

https://www.wtvq.com/hundreds-of-ken...n-amendment-2/

Over the weekend, more than 400 medical providers released a letter opposing Amendment 2, an anti-abortion amendment appearing on the Kentucky ballot.

In the letter, the medical providers said making abortion unconstitutional will compromise care for women who are dealing with pregnancy complications, like fetal anomalies and tubal pregnancies, as well as women experiencing miscarriages, serious infections or the diagnosis of cancer during pregnancy. The providers added it would force women who have been victims of rape or incest to carry their pregnancies to term.

“Amendment 2 takes the power to make personal medical decisions away from patients and their doctors and gives it entirely to politicians,” said Rachel Sweet, campaign manager for Protect Kentucky Access. “Health care providers know firsthand that every pregnancy is unique, and that Amendment 2 is a one-size-fits-all approach that would put their patients’ lives at risk.

The providers also warned that if Amendment 2 were to pass, it would have “far-reaching” impacts on Kentucky’s healthcare system.

A total abortion ban will make it more difficult to retain and recruit physicians in Kentucky and continue the downward spiral of inadequate or unavailable healthcare in the state,” the letter said.
    Republicans don't care how many people their policies hurt, they want their policies and if that results in women in their state suffering a loss of bodily autonomy and the rest of the state suffering worse health care outcomes due to an inability to attract and retain medical professionals, that's apparently a price Republicans are happy to let the residents of Kentucky pay.

Just gotta hope that people in the state who keep electing Rand Paul and Mitch McConnel aren't still as deeply stupid as they've shown themselves to be.

https://www.wral.com/bo-s-time-nc-re...seat/20530941/

Ah yes, rape-panels! A woman who has suffered trauma will totally be willing to walk in front of a group of strangers, most of whom will probably be men, to recount her trauma and beg them to let her get the necessary medical care she needs.

Because it's not up to the individual to make their own health care decisions, according to Republicans. As Mehmet Oz said, that decision is, "Between a woman, her doctor, and her local politician."

Republicans are working hard to make the hand maiden's tale a reality.

And California is the second, purely by virtue of the three-hour time difference:
    https://www.kqed.org/elections/resul...tion-amendment

All 3 measures to establish abortion right into states constitution (CA, MI, VT) passed.

Kentucky pro-life amendment failed.

Montana personhood amendment is pending. With 44% of the votes in, the Nay is ahead by 7%. I think this one will fail also.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-11-09 at 07:30 AM.

Just dropping by to remind you guys that a fetus is a human being with a right to life and not a carrot or a Mercedes Benz. No one has the right to murder and there are a plethora of alternatives to abortion. A non perfect system is better than a zero chance at life.

Yes there are extreme exceptions such as rape, inviable pregnancy, or the life of the mother being in jeopardy. We're not savages without complex thought.

Someone has to remind this echo chamber of what's right if your college prof won't.

Untill next time! You're friendly neighborhood agnostic pro gay rights conservative.

Just take a minute if that last sentence takes a bit to sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Someone has to remind this echo chamber of what's right if your college prof won't.
    Your morality stinks of Trumpist elitist privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your morality stinks of Trumpist elitist privilege.
    LOL

I was raised by a single Hispanic mother and lived in a house occupied by 8 individuals in a bad neighborhood in Puerto Rico.

Then moved her when I was six and lived in bathroom bedroom hybrid mini studio.

I was just raised with values and morals. No Trumpist elitism here papi.

Just dropping by to remind you guys that a fetus is a human being with a right to life and not a carrot or a Mercedes Benz. No one has the right to murder and there are a plethora of alternatives to abortion. A non perfect system is better than a zero chance at life.

Yes there are extreme exceptions such as rape, inviable pregnancy, or the life of the mother being in jeopardy. We're not savages without complex thought.

Untill next time! You're friendly neighborhood agnostic pro gay rights conservative.

Just take a minute if that last sentence takes a bit to sink in.
    So you intend to pay and take care of all the women that would have unwanted children ? That would fit your value and morals ? Aiding the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So you intend to pay and take care of all the women that would have unwanted children ?
    Na that's the governments job.

Im sure if both sides put their heads in the game it could be figured out. Starting with proper sex ed and accessibility to proper contraceptives

Na that's the governments job.

Im sure if both sides put their heads in the game it could be figured out. Starting with proper sex ed and accessibility to proper contraceptives
    You are the one that is anti abortion, hence why should you not pay and assume your choice ?

Contraception is not 100% safe.

Are you under the impression that most women have un protected sex and use abortion as a contraception ?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You are the one that is anti abortion, hence why should you not pay and assume your choice ?
    Well I do pay for it. Forget about taxes?

They just need to be spent better and wisely.

Maybe take the millions and millions of profit generated by abortions to give such a system a kick start.

Well I do pay for it. Forget about taxes?

They just need to be spent better and wisely.

Maybe take the millions and millions of profit generated by abortions to give such a system a kick start.
    Abortion allows more people to get out of poverty.

Raising kids and having a career can be quite hard, especially as a single parent.