Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yeah that gift promo is a weird one.. Certain streamers will get a big payday. Lets be real, no small streamer will get those. Its going to be the big ones.
    Well small streamers WILL get to take advantage of it. Not to the extent that the well established larger streamers do, but even a small time WoW streamer can see an influx of money from this. But yeah, people like Asmongold will see a shitload of money come in from these gift subs above the already nice increase of viewers from twitch drops above the increase of viewers for a new expansion. That's a triple win for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    No, it isn't trying to get a person to subscribe to a creator, it is causing the person to GIFT 2 subs to other people. If you decide to sub to a person during this promotion that does not count for the 2 subs you have to gift.

I don't think Blizz should be deciding that content creators get to make even more money but that is a hill I don't bother to die on, I hate that trend but I know it is not going anywhere. Twitch drops I get, having this new thing of gifting subs to get an in game thing? That one I don't like at all. Put that pet on the store for 10 bucks and I don't care, make me gift 2 subs to some rando to get said pet? I hate the extra hurdle. Besides I'd rather give the money to Blizz and not some streamer I don't give a shit about.
    Gifting subs fosters that streamers' community. Streamer communities exist because of the game. You can feel any kind of way you want about streamers but they're an incredibly effective marketing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's okay to be jealous of streamers but they're a great way to market a game.
    I don't think it is a jealousy thing. Besides the fact that most streamers on average make very little money and this really is only an impact for some of the major streamers and a small boon to the lower view count ones. Some people would just rather play the game and get rewards in the game or at the worst pay some money for said items. Having to jump through extra hurdles on Twitch isn't amazingly fun, but it is a hoop some have to jump through nevertheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay to be jealous of streamers but they're a great way to market a game.
    Ah yes jealousy.. the go-to retort when you can't think of anything proper to say.

Yeah, they're a great way to market but the gifting 2 subs thing is daft and thats all I have a problem with. If people want to watch some person play go for it, it's dumb as heck but to each their own.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Well small streamers WILL get to take advantage of it. Not to the extent that the well established larger streamers do, but even a small time WoW streamer can see an influx of money from this. But yeah, people like Asmongold will see a shitload of money come in from these gift subs above the already nice increase of viewers from twitch drops above the increase of viewers for a new expansion. That's a triple win for them.
    Besides the point, but not sure Asmon gives a damn about this. He doesnt even stream on his main channel anymore. If we see him on his main channel for this, he probably has talked with Blizzard lol. Maybe it happens for the launch.

One can hope that smaller streamers gets exposure, but thats rarely how these things work. People look at viewernumber and go by that most of the time.

Gifting subs fosters that streamers' community. Streamer communities exist because of the game. You can feel any kind of way you want about streamers but they're an incredibly effective marketing tool.
    I understand the marketing behind it. I don't really agree that it fosters a streamers community. You know what will happen for the majority of this? People will go there, gift 2 subs, get their pet and be gone. Those people that subs were gifted to? They'll be for the most part done with said channel after X hours of being there for the twitch drop.

I understand that some people will stick around and some might even resub, but that is rare when the game is just about promoting a new expansion and getting the twitch drops. As said many people are going to have twitch streamers muted and tabbed in a browser window, they won't even know if they get a sub to a streamer and won't much care about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Ah yes jealousy.. the go-to retort when you can't think of anything proper to say.

Yeah, they're a great way to market but the gifting 2 subs thing is daft and thats all I have a problem with. If people want to watch some person play go for it, it's dumb as heck but to each their own.
    The promotion would make a little more sense if it was 'sub to 2 different streamers' instead of 'gift 2 subs to random people'. Still kind of daft to me but whatevers, if I want the pet I'll gift subs to 2 randos and be done with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides the point, but not sure Asmon gives a damn about this. He doesnt even stream on his main channel anymore. If we see him on his main channel for this, he probably has talked with Blizzard lol. Maybe it happens for the launch.

One can hope that smaller streamers gets exposure, but thats rarely how these things work. People look at viewernumber and go by that most of the time.
    Then replace Asmon with popular wow streamer Y. It was just an example, there are a few high population count streamers that do WoW stuff at least. But yes, you're right many of these will just go to the highest view counts and be done with it. Many people will be there just for twitch drops, so we'll see how popular this outside of those twitch drop windows I guess.

I've gotten several drops since twitch started with it. One thing in common? I have only watched the Halo tournaments. The others I just open and either leave my PC or play another game without having the streamers page visible or with sound.

So im not really sure how much this works as exposing the game/streamers. For a "nobody", someone that just plays the game - will they even know this is a thing? And for those that do, are they there for the drops or the streamer? Most likely the drops, not to watch the streamer play the same game they are already playing.

Good for viewer inflated numbers and a good time to run ads I suppose lol.

But then again - thats just me. People might watch these streamers during and after the drops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    Surely they could tweak the name/color of this giveaway Feldrake to a different color so the original owners still have some semblance left of their prestige. I say this as a Feldrake owner. Idc if others get it, but theirs should be visually distinct from my original one.
    I doubt it is the original owners who bought the TCG that care about the prestige. It has been a decade of having it as the War of Ancients expansion came out 10/2/2012.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I doubt it is the original owners who bought the TCG that care about the prestige. It has been a decade of having it as the War of Ancients expansion came out 10/2/2012.
    Well I am one of them, so there goes that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten several drops since twitch started with it. One thing in common? I have only watched the Halo tournaments. The others I just open and either leave my PC or play another game without having the streamers page visible or with sound.

So im not really sure how much this works as exposing the game/streamers. For a "nobody", someone that just plays the game - will they even know this is a thing? And for those that do, are they there for the drops or the streamer? Most likely the drops, not to watch the streamer play the same game they are already playing.

Good for viewer inflated numbers and a good time to run ads I suppose lol.

But then again - thats just me. People might watch these streamers during and after the drops.
    Yeah most people will just tune in for the rewards, keep it on mute and bugger off again when they've got what they wanted. The entire idea that this fosters a community is just wishful thinking imo.

Getting something for watching a tournament is one thing though, that makes more sense at least.
    Kintama no kami aru

Yeah most people will just tune in for the rewards, keep it on mute and bugger off again when they've got what they wanted. The entire idea that this fosters a community is just wishful thinking imo.

Getting something for watching a tournament is one thing though, that makes more sense at least.
    Im a avid Halo fan & player, so getting drops while watching tournaments is just cool. It also feels better that way.

The other drops I just do for the sake of it. No idea what the streamers said & did during that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizz should be deciding that content creators get to make even more money but that is a hill I don't bother to die on
    How is this different from the gamer fuel promotion though? It is what collaborations or cross-promotions do. It would be silly to make an exception that streamers can't make money where other companies can. Yes, I am aware you haven't stated you have such an exception but it is hinted at. As Twitch Drops make money for streamers with ads, any subs they might get, and Twitch/Amazon money.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Really, a tcg mount as a twitch drop?
    Disgusting. Blizzard has no idea anymore about value of rewards. Imagine being the guy who got it throuch TcG lootcode just for any noob to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much any streamer can get this if you're a partner at all. Hardly a big deal. If it's that big of a deal to you and you want one of these things, just put it on in the background lower the volume and carry on. Other companies have been doing this for ages and have been taking advantage of this for years before Blizzard. LoL and Valorant are popular, as are other FPS games, but a big reason the traffic is as high as it is because of a combination of embeds and drops.

Can't blame companies for effectively advertising, while giving some of their supporters who stream their content kick backs.

I don't care about mounts, achievements, titles, pets or cosmetics in any game. The amount of people that are seriously upset about this can continue being upset about it because it's not going to change anything to Blizzard, or anybody else. Why? If you're willing to shell out tons of money, gold for a mount in WoW, they've already 'got' you anyway. You're literally the type of player that will never quit because seeing +1 appear in your mount collection tab is the thing that drives you to keep playing. To each their own and if you have fun with it cool.

The people complaining in this thread are just miffed that something they spend thousands of dollars on just isn't going to be scarce anymore. They will keep playing. Scarcity and perceived value diminished and the rest of us (including those complaining that have it) will just move on. I'm not sure what game people are playing, but there are such a fringe amount of people who care what mount you're on, what your character looks like, or the pets that you own. It's like those mythical people who actually scour achievement dates and timestamps of when you achieved something, they just don't really exist.

As somebody with some mounts that aren't achievable anymore, I literally wouldn't care if they re-released all of them to the public again. It's not why I play the game, and removing things in an MMO, let alone attaching them to things like TCG in the first place was dumb to begin with. I get being annoyed at drops on twitch, but it's the lesser of two evils IMO when compared to cross promotions with a TCG they set up well over a decade ago (where people got rich off of). Similar to promotions with pokemon cards trying to get you to buy games, movies and other media. Except with those they are truly limited, whereas digital goods in any video game can be changed at a moments notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Disgusting. Blizzard has no idea anymore about value of rewards. Imagine being the guy who got it throuch TcG lootcode just for any noob to have it.
    Imagine buying the card and scratching it.

I mean, I like burning things too but I draw the line at money
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I can't imagine any other reason than jealousy you'd be upset about content creators whose entire livelihood depends on the video game they're marketing getting kickbacks from the developers of that video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Imagine buying the card and scratching it.

I mean, I like burning things too but I draw the line at money
    Imagine being the guy who bought a lootbox for 100 euro that contained one. Now the value is over 3500 euro.
    Pretty sure any collector would have bought a box in it's oldskool lifetime. Because the newer generation can't get it, does not mean you fuck over your old loyal customers.

But Blizzard loves to do so.

I'm just waiting for them to put my Swift Spectral Tiger on some promotion making me lose interest in the mount completely and the motivation to get me anything since i know i get it the easy way on day or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that the risk you take with goods that have no intrinsic value? Anything can have its price crash. The game could close tomorrow and those codes would be worth way less. The ones that have no idea of value are those that ever valued these loot at obscene prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure any collector would have bought a box in it's oldskool lifetime. Because the newer generation can't get it, does not mean you fuck over your old loyal customers.
    Who is getting screwed over? Old players got a chance to buy it and get loot. New players get a chance to earn it and get loot. The only thing that the newer generation is losing out on is the ability to resale it for a hefty profit. Any collector would know that the value of these things could crash at any time if Blizzard shut the game down.

Also isn't it a good thing that Blizzard convinces you not to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on a loot card? So it sounds like it is a win win for everyone, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine any other reason than jealousy you'd be upset about content creators whose entire livelihood depends on the video game they're marketing getting kickbacks from the developers of that video game.
    It's about the principle of the thing, not the people themselves.
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    To say this TCG mount giveaway grinds my gears is an understatement. Tons of people spent time and gold or even real money to get these mounts and pets and now Blizzard is just giving us a big fat middle finger for having them.

I thought the Bananas give away with their anniversary was a one off thing, just for a special occasion. But apparently not.

I spent a fuck ton of time and gold getting several TCG mounts and basically all the TCG pets, and they are now going to given away just like that to everyone, slowly but surely. I can't even begin to say how much that angers me and how much it devalues all the time and effort that went into getting what I have.

This puts a big fucking damper on my enthousiasm for the upcoming expansion.