Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm well aware of how it works. Also if you want to get the new pet you have to gift two subs which takes a little bit more effort to do. Just more hoops I have to jump through but it is what it is. Stupid.
    Wanna point out, gifting 2 subs is equal in price to buyying a pet from the store.
    So its literally them just selling another pet, but hey give the money to a streamer you like, instead of blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I dislike supporting ppl who dont work a real job so hard pass
    What a fucking boomer.
    What is a real job?
    Did you ever watch your black and white telly or listen to the radio at your bedside old man?
    Well they doing the exact same thing a streamer is.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-31 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wanna point out, gifting 2 subs is equal in price to buyying a pet from the store.
    So its literally them just selling another pet, but hey give the money to a streamer you like, instead of blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

What a fucking boomer.
    What is a real job?
    Did you ever watch your black and white telly or listen to the radio at your bedside old man?
    Well they doing the exact same thing a streamer is.
    Im 32 thanks i just dont give a fuck about supporting ppl that generally dont need it

Dont be such a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Let us do that then. Much rather buy the pet for some charity over supporting some streamer.

It's fine if you have streamers you like, I don't.

I didn't like watching others play games growing up, certainly don't like it today. I want to play myself, they offer me nothing.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Im 32 thanks i just dont give a fuck about supporting ppl that generally dont need it

Dont be such a cunt
    You're the guy disparaging streamers for choosing to make money doing something they're passionate about. God forbid somebody do something they love and get paid for it.

Totally understand this. I'd rather give all the money to Blizz as that goes to the game I'm playing, not 50% to twitch and 50% to a streamer I'd never watch if it wasn't for this.

Also I could make use of my Bnet Balance if it was buyable in game, so there is that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Let us do that then. Much rather buy the pet for some charity over supporting some streamer.

Did you know that Blizzard can do both? You don't have to participate in every give-away Blizzard puts up there. If you want to pick and choose on your own scruples, more power to you. That doesn't excuse being a dick to streamers who are out there simply existing.

Totally understand this. I'd rather give all the money to Blizz as that goes to the game I'm playing, not 50% to twitch and 50% to a streamer I'd never watch if it wasn't for this.

Also I could make use of my Bnet Balance if it was buyable in game, so there is that too.
    This would be my point, namely being able to use wow gold. Though I can appreciate blizzard allowing people that support/broadcast their games making some money from it while rewarding players using this sub system. Not sure how I fully feel about it, but can see both sides have points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did you know that Blizzard can do both? You don't have to participate in every give-away Blizzard puts up there. If you want to pick and choose on your own scruples, more power to you. That doesn't excuse being a dick to streamers who are out there simply existing.
    I mean if the goal of this person is to collect all the mounts/pets/etc then yes they kind of do have to participate. I don't see how they're being a dick to streamers. They'd rather support a charity over a streamer. Is that wrong? Nope. Is that being a dick? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post

I didn't like watching others play games growing up, certainly don't like it today. I want to play myself, they offer me nothing.
    They did the chairty with bananas/daisy.
    I am sure they will do more in the future, but this is a "twitch event" so they just lumped the pet in on its own, they are 100% doing more charity stuff in the future though.

and again, you dont need to watch them, just open the window, set it to 1% volume, then play wow with it in the background, and if you want the pet, spend 10$ like you would in the store, but instead give it to a content creator instead of blizzard, maybe MRGM or SoulSoBreezy, or Hazelnutty, or TaliesinnEvitel

I mean if the goal of this person is to collect all the mounts/pets/etc then yes they kind of do have to participate. I don't see how they're being a dick to streamers. They'd rather support a charity over a streamer. Is that wrong? Nope. Is that being a dick? Nope.
    Guy I quoted said this earlier in the thread: "Games should be fun to play yourself, not watch some idiot on the camera do it."

Dont be such a cunt
    "Generally don't need it."
    What?
    Bro idk if you know but not every streamer is an asmongold...

Lol Feldrake mount for watching 4 hours of Twitch.
    I have an idea, leave the old TCG market alone, people paid real money for that (No I don't have a Fel drake if you are curious)
    and make a new mount, yes?
    This is such a bad move that I can't even comprehend what they were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    This would be my point, namely being able to use wow gold. Though I can appreciate blizzard allowing people that support/broadcast their games making some money from it while rewarding players using this sub system. Not sure how I fully feel about it, but can see both sides have points.

Wanna point out for both you and Kyanion, this pet will 100% be added to the store later, this is just the twitch promo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I have an idea, leave the old TCG market alone, people paid real money for that (No I don't have a Fel drake if you are curious)
    Nah, fuck the people engaging in real life lootboxes, and fuck the scalpers charging 3500$ for a fucking mount, get bent nerds.
    Did you even notice the riding turtle has been obtainable in game for 8 years?

They did the chairty with bananas/daisy.
    I am sure they will do more in the future, but this is a "twitch event" so they just lumped the pet in on its own, they are 100% doing more charity stuff in the future though.

and again, you dont need to watch them, just open the window, set it to 1% volume, then play wow with it in the background, and if you want the pet, spend 10$ like you would in the store, but instead give it to a content creator instead of blizzard, maybe MRGM or SoulSoBreezy, or Hazelnutty, or TaliesinnEvitel
    Content creators should you know, make content so that makes them money. Shocking, I know.

They shouldn't need such programs as twitch drops and stream gifting to fund their choice of career. And why should money only go to those few? Not cool with it going to someone with 20 viewers?

- - - Updated - - -

Guy I quoted said this earlier in the thread: "Games should be fun to play yourself, not watch some idiot on the camera do it."
    Would you prefer if they put the word 'rando' instead of idiot? You know exactly what they fucking meant by what they said.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanna point out for both you and Kyanion, this pet will 100% be added to the store later, this is just the twitch promo.
    Want to 100% point out where this is stated because I've not seen such a thing said by Blizz.

Content creators should you know, make content so that makes them money. Shocking, I know.

They shouldn't need such programs as twitch drops and stream gifting to fund their choice of career. And why should money only go to those few? Not cool with it going to someone with 20 viewers?

- - - Updated - - -

Would you prefer if they put the word 'rando' instead of idiot? You know exactly what they fucking meant by what they said.
    TV show creators should you know, make TV shows so that makes them money. Shocking, I know.

They shouldn't need such programs as merchandise and sponsorships to fund their choice of career. And why should money only go to those few? Not cool with it going to some show with 20 viewers?

Also of course the money can go to a person with only 20 viewers, but I don't know them... Do you really want me to list the hundreds to thousands of people who stream to 1-20 viewers? that I have never seen? I mean well hey, if you want you could go support this small streamer who does it as a hobby while gathering footage for work by the name.. felplague. (This a joke, don't.)

Yeah -- you're right. It's obvious: It's completely unjustified hostility towards streamers for absolutely no good reason.

...which is why it's bad.

TV show creators should you know, make TV shows so that makes them money. Shocking, I know.

They shouldn't need such programs as merchandise and sponsorships to fund their choice of career. And why should money only go to those few? Not cool with it going to some show with 20 viewers?
    That's weird, I didn't know TV show creators are the same as streamers. Oh? Is it because they aren't the same fucking thing? That's damn weird! I didn't know the TV creator witheld a portion of the show unless I went to my local store and gifted 2 people a KitKat bar.

Funny I thought when you went into a career in TV there were contracts and salaries involved and not having your entire income based about how many people watched your TV show and adds.

Realize how stupid your analogy was yet?

Want to 100% point out where this is stated because I've not seen such a thing said by Blizz.
    Want to point out, cause its fucking obvious... They did this multiple times in the past, including the daisy pet.
    You really doubting blizzard would put a pet on the store that they perfectly can?

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Eh just have it run on the background on mute till you get it

Yeah -- you're right. It's obvious: It's completely unjustified hostility towards streamers for absolutely no good reason.

...which is why it's bad.
    I think you're getting up in arms about a minor thing that was said, it isn't like they are on some personal quest to insult all streamers. Should they send out a general apology letter to all of twitch over it? It was an expression and not someone attacking all streamers because they are X and Y and Z.