Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    everyone in this thread is so mad lol
    *jokes and mocks Elon for making a dumb purchase and dealing with the consequences*

"WHY ARE YOU ALL SO MAD LOL"

Y'all are like Elon, apparently thinking that simply confidently projecting your fictional reality makes it real. Nobody in this thread is mad lol.

everyone in this thread is so mad lol, yall know you dont have to use twitter right? time to find a new echo chamber lol, reddit is pretty left wing go there
    You know you don't have to reply in this thread. See how that works.

Hmm, echo chamber, huh? Wasn't it right wingers crying about so called Twitter bias and has a couple of Twitter clones where it's their bubble.

I get it, you probably don't pay attention, but the problem here is posting a conspiracy theory about a deadly assault.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone in this thread is so mad lol, yall know you dont have to use twitter right? time to find a new echo chamber lol, reddit is pretty left wing go there
    Literally don't use Twitter, and I'm not "angry", my attitude is full-on "get a load of THIS silly-ass stupid dingus".

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-63458380

And the board is gone. He'll have nobody to blame for his poor decisions from hereon out except for himself.

I'm sure he'll continue to complain about bots and all as if he didn't voluntarily waive his due diligence when signing the deal, but it won't make a lick of difference as it comes to the terms of the deal. Again, he waved that right, so if Twitter wasn't entirely honest about how bad their bot problem actually is that's his fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    <.<
    >.>

Ya know, fuck it. I'ma blue check mark myself as DonaldTrump45.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    <.<
    >.>

Ya know, fuck it. I'ma blue check mark myself as DonaldTrump45.
    Elon thinks that a blue checkmark is of more value than a fuckin sub to WoW, lol. You at least get a whole-ass game to play for the sub.

The $20/month gets you uh...a blue checkmark that otherwise doesn't alter or impact your experience as a Twitter user. This is why he got that fancy marketing degree, isn't it. For galaxy-brain plays like this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...report-2022-10

Elon Musk needs better lawyers. They let him get duped into buying twitter for way more than its valued. Now he's claiming he fired those employees with cause to avoid severance. I'm not sure about US employment laws but generally if they had good performance reviews or no performance reviews prior to the purchase its going to be hard to prove cause. Wouldn't his tweets between himself and twitter employees be used to show there was a personal vendetta?

Edit: There are already law firms in canada with articles about Twitter Canada Layoffs and Severance Pay.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2022-10-31 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post

Elon Musk needs better lawyers. They let him get duped into buying twitter for way more than its valued. Now he's claiming he fired those employees with cause to avoid severance. I'm not sure about US employment laws but generally if they had good performance reviews or no performance reviews prior to the purchase its going to be hard to prove cause. Wouldn't his tweets between himself and twitter employees be used to show there was a personal vendetta?
    Labor laws don't apply to billionaires.

Now mind you I don't much care for executives not getting their golden parachutes after a mercurial billionaire made a bad gamble and bought the company. But laws is laws, and I look forward to them suing the shit outta Elon to require him to show what cause they were fired for in court.

Edit: There are already law firms in canada with articles about Twitter Canada Layoffs and Severance Pay.
    He is not firing a bunch of McDonald employees. Typical tech employment contract requires 30- to 90-day notice of termination which applies to both parties. Except for "just causes" which are usually also listed in the agreement. Not wanting to pay vested equity and/or golden parachute clause are typically not on the list.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-10-31 at 08:26 PM.

Elon, you goddamn sperg, you were supposed to get us to Mars and not get bogged down doing side quests.

This is just epic. This is like seeing a train wreck in 8k with 1mio FPS. I wonder if this will finally force a reality check on the tesla stock and its several times overinflated value?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account

"With cause" firings generally require you the employer to be able to point to their employment contract and identify precisely what expectations they failed to meet properly, or to what general ethical failings they failed to uphold.

Elon disagreeing with the guidance from the previous board of directors as to what they should be pursuing wouldn't qualify as "cause".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "With cause" firings generally require you the employer to be able to point to their employment contract and identify precisely what expectations they failed to meet properly, or to what general ethical failings they failed to uphold.

Elon disagreeing with the guidance from the previous board of directors as to what they should be pursuing wouldn't qualify as "cause".
    Yeah, there's no way he had enough time to identify big enough problems to fire that many people. It's all just bullshit, sigh.

Not so slowly; it's parent company has lost about $650 billion (yes with a "b") since the Meta name change:. https://globalnews.ca/news/9233468/m...-market-value/
    For comparison Tesla has only lost about $300 billion after Musk began buying Twitter - so far.

Which is why I'm saying he needs better lawyers. Or maybe he is just ignoring the advice he's getting?

Which is why I'm saying he needs better lawyers. Or maybe he is just ignoring the advice he's getting?
    This assumes he consulted any lawyers before strolling into Twitter with a sink because he's now the big boss and can do what he wants, lol.

Haven't you learned anything from Donald Trump? it doesn't matter how good your lawyers are when your client doesn't listen. Elon Musk has the best lawyers and advisers money can buy but his ego is in the driver seat. This is what happens when you drink your own kool-aid.

Author Stephen King chimes in on him paying a fee for Twitter check mark/verification.

$20 a month to keep my blue check? Fuck that, they should pay me. If that gets instituted, I’m gone like Enron.

Then we have the great Elon Musk reply:

We need to pay the bills somehow! Twitter cannot rely entirely on advertisers. How about $8?

Hmm? Let's check that letter posted once more time Elon posted to advertisers.

Right here Elon is claiming he purchased Twitter for some virtuous ide of a "digital town square". Laughably saying media is bad cause they believe that's what brings in the money. I can agree here about media and for profit or money over news.

So he didn't realize that maybe that was the problem with Twitter before you bought it. First Twitter as many have stated was almost impossible to generate profit or say break even. If Elon want to nickel and dime people with verification fee and whatever else than he by his own statement is not creating a place where people can gather for a digital town square.

This guy is an effin idiiot.

Edit: After reading Elon's timeline I might be way wrong on this. His stans and whoever might be dumb enough to pay the fee giving him millions in fees.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-11-01 at 09:19 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    You know you don't have to reply in this thread. See how that works.

Hmm, echo chamber, huh? Wasn't it right wingers crying about so called Twitter bias and has a couple of Twitter clones where it's their bubble.

I get it, you probably don't pay attention, but the problem here is posting a conspiracy theory about a deadly assault.
    yes its a left wing echo chamber, just like every platform is an echo chamber for some political ideology, good job you figured out social media, each one is a think tank for political conspiracy
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

yes its a left wing echo chamber, just like every platform is an echo chamber for some political ideology
    In which you mistake "for-profit companies pursuing policies that maximize their revenue" with "the left". People really don't seem to understand capitalism.

Same shit with Republicans trying to stop companies from investing their money how they want and pursuing ESG focused investment strategies. Because they don't like capitalism either, even if they constantly wax poetic on their love for capitalism.

each one is a think tank for political conspiracy
    No, actually. Only the "Free Speech" platforms. You know, the ones created by low-skill, low-effort grifters that nobody uses and that don't make money because advertisers don't want to spend money on a platform where their advertisements are displayed alongside posts from Nazi's and shit.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-11-01 at 04:43 PM.