Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    ...And you're OK with that? That's insane to me.
    It's only been 12 years, what is another 8?

Hell, I'd be fucking amazed if they still have people tossing them money as more years pass and the game still isn't out. It is already fucking amazing they've managed to keep this thing going with all the money they waste on failing to deliver the completed product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It's only been 12 years, what is another 8?

Hell, I'd be fucking amazed if they still have people tossing them money as more years pass and the game still isn't out. It is already fucking amazing they've managed to keep this thing going with all the money they waste on failing to deliver the completed product.
    most probably its gonna break 100 milion dollars in 2022
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    most probably its gonna break 100 milion dollars in 2022
    So? A fool and their money and all that. 12 years, 500+ million game is years away from being out if it is ever gets completed. Sounds like something that should get more money!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more impressed that the usual frequent posters on here that support the game don't ever have anything critical to say about it. You can't expect a game to improve if you inhale the farts of developers and heap praise.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I'm more impressed that the usual frequent posters on here that support the game don't ever have anything critical to say about it. You can't expect a game to improve if you inhale the farts of developers and heap praise.
    I ask, but I've never gotten either of them to say a single negative thing about the game or the developer. It shouldn't be difficult. Critiquing something you love is important.

being 'ok' is too strong a word, but i decided to back the game in 2019, when it was already very controversial, so i knew what i was getting myself into, and unlike Val, im dreaming about Star Citizen as a persistent MMO
    All I'll say is keep dreaming I guess.

With the amount of time and money they've invested into this, and they STILL don't have an estimated delivery date (which would be worthless info from CIG anyway) for server meshing, but DO have loads and loads of pretty art assets and NPC programming done...some of which is absolutely wasted time IMO (who the hell needs their NPCs to take a shit and actually, literally, tuck themselves into bed with perfect bedding physics?) I just can't wrap my head around taking the idea these people will actually ever release a bona fide feature complete MMO seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I think the folks at CIG are doing "good" work, I just don't think they're doing the RIGHT work. They've shown time and time again that they'll spend time and money developing features that will then need to be reworked, revamped or outright scrapped because the other work they're doing makes their previous work in those areas obsolete or unusable. They're project management is horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'll say is keep dreaming I guess.

With the amount of time and money they've invested into this, and they STILL don't have an estimated delivery date (which would be worthless info from CIG anyway) for server meshing, but DO have loads and loads of pretty art assets and NPC programming done...some of which is absolutely wasted time IMO (who the hell needs their NPCs to take a shit and actually, literally, tuck themselves into bed with perfect bedding physics?) I just can't wrap my head around taking the idea these people will actually ever release a bona fide feature complete MMO seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I think the folks at CIG are doing "good" work, I just don't think they're doing the RIGHT work. They've shown time and time again that they'll spend time and money developing features that will then need to be reworked, revamped or outright scrapped because the other work they're doing makes their previous work in those areas obsolete or unusable. They're project management is horrendous.
    I think CiG has the same problem Duke Nukem Forever had: they have absolutely no restraint and are trying to create perfection. Their Magnum Opus. Whatever they can think of, they are adding it. Think the upcoming Bioshock is going through it aswell, but that's just a rumor I've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I don't get why there are some people in this thread, that has been here for like 700 pages, still just harping on the game? ^^
    At least the ones liking it are posting videos about updates etc.
    Like, if you don't like the game, just leave the thread instead of being combative .

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I ask, but I've never gotten either of them to say a single negative thing about the game or the developer. It shouldn't be difficult. Critiquing something you love is important.
    What I find most interesting is that they're both completely different in their delusional styles. Kenn acts like a bad PR rep, constantly deflecting or dismissing any criticism.
    Andy on the other hand acts like a cryptobro constantly going on about the supposed benefits of SC while shitting on anything competing with SC or anyone doubting the game or CiG.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I don't get why there are some people in this thread, that has been here for like 700 pages, still just harping on the game? ^^
    Like, if you don't like the game, just leave the thread instead of being combative .
    This is a thread about Star Citizen, period. Not just about the good parts, not just about liking it, not just about licking CIG's balls. It includes the bad stuff, the stuff that you can critique, and SHOULD critique.

Commenting "bad" stuff about Star Citizen in a Star Citizen thread is by definition ON Topic. GTFO with this gatekeeping garbage.

This is a thread about Star Citizen, period. Not just about the good parts, not just about liking it, not just about licking CIG's balls. It includes the bad stuff, the stuff that you can critique, and SHOULD critique.

Commenting "bad" stuff about Star Citizen in a Star Citizen thread is by definition ON Topic. GTFO with this gatekeeping garbage.
    Instant toxicity from you. You clearly need to get out of this thread mate :P.
    Like I said - If you hate the game that much, just erase it from your brain, leave the thread, and let the people who enjoy it, enjoy it . It's not really hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think CiG has the same problem Duke Nukem Forever had: they have absolutely no restraint and are trying to create perfection. Their Magnum Opus. Whatever they can think of, they are adding it. Think the upcoming Bioshock is going through it aswell, but that's just a rumor I've heard.
    And like Duke Nukem Forever it means changes in what hardware can do as they are working on the game so the slow progress they are making needs to get thrown into the garbage because what was once good enough is now looking outdated.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Like I said - If you hate the game that much, just erase it from your brain, leave the thread, and let the people who enjoy it, enjoy it . It's not really hard!
    You don't get to tell me or anyone else what threads they can or can't post in, or what threads they can frequent.

And whoever said I hate the game? I criticize it. Criticism =/= hate.

What's it like living with your head in the sand?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

You don't get to tell me or anyone else what threads they can or can't post in, or what threads they can frequent.

And whoever said I hate the game? I criticize it. Criticism =/= hate.
    You are correct, I can't dictate how you or anyone else spend their time. But I am merely suggesting taking a break from the thread, if the only thing you do is be mostly negative in it.
    Can't be good for you mate! <3

They are too far invested on wanting the game to fail and want to feel some sort of validation but it never happens for them, so they continue to whine repeating the same story over and over when they could spend that time of doing something productive.

Certain posters in here are actively toxic and a complete waste of time to even admit they even exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Thats because we are happy to wait until its ready, we dont want it rushed out for the sake of it and have been waiting decades already since at least freelancer for a more indepth space game, what they have released proves they are working very hard to make it the best game they possibly can, the company has proven with every patch released the game continues to get better and better, there is official forums for the game for feedback so complaining on this forum is a complete waste of time.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They are too far invested on wanting the game to fail and want to feel some sort of validation but it never happens for them, so they continue to whine repeating the same story over and over when they could spend that time of doing something productive.

Certain posters in here are actively toxic and a complete waste of time to even admit they even exist.
    But we still try to talk and reason with you anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is official forums for the game for feedback so complaining on this forum is a complete waste of time.
    cant argue with that
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

TIL Criticizing something means you want it to fail, that you hate it, and that you're toxic and need to take a break from discussing it.

Have these people never worked on an actual project before? Criticism is an integral part of creating a robust process/ system. It's simply the "negative" part of the analysis stage of the process.

You are correct, I can't dictate how you or anyone else spend their time. But I am merely suggesting taking a break from the thread, if the only thing you do is be mostly negative in it.
    Can't be good for you mate! <3
    You didn't suggest shit. You're trying to chase people off. We can post however the fuck we want in this thread if we follow the rules of the thread. Which is being done. If you don't like it report it and watch nothing happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you got kenn agreeing with you. I'd be worried of something like that happening. Not a good look. "mate".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    But we still try to talk and reason with you anyway.
    That was pretty funny, thanks for that!

- - - Updated - - -

cant argue with that
    Yup the official forums that has no problem banning their own backers that are slightly negative so they can get that echo chamber they want.