Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What’s a slang word you never hear anyone?

I’m going with Rad, Rad used to be a really cool word. I never hear it anymore.

Hey man that’s a really Rad bike dude!
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-10-05 at 09:36 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I’m going with Rad, Rad used to be a really cool word. I never hear it anymore.

Hey man that’s a really Rad bike dude!
    I still use Rad. But i'm weird like that.

One I never hear any more is 'Fly'. When something looks good, one used to say, "Damn, that jacket is fly".

I also still say things are Dope. But I don't usually hear others saying it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Cowabunga .

Literally anything in the 80s and prior.

Crikey

"Crikey m8, is that a pencil in your pocket or are you just really happy to see me"

5+ Year Old Account
    Imba

Paladins are imba

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Imba

Paladins are imba
    I don't remember ever actually hearing or seeing this except in the Razer website as some kind of promotional tagline "Get Imba."

I'll mirror what someone already said, but "fly" is something I don't hear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't remember ever actually hearing or seeing this except in the Razer website as some kind of promotional tagline "Get Imba."

I'll mirror what someone already said, but "fly" is something I don't hear anymore.
    It used to be a pretty common term used on the English speaking EU realms a few years back, In the beginning before the term overpowered or OP was the more common phrase people used to say imbalanced. then people started saying overpowered, so team imbalanced had to come up with something new so shortly after the release of TBC they shortened it to imba, and imba reined supreme for a long year before slowly declining into nonexistence by the end of 2010.

This conflict had a clear winner unlike the roflmao wars which are still ongoing today, while it's clear lmao has the upper hand rofl is still going strong and showing no sign of decline.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2022-10-06 at 10:40 PM.

No fear? Was changed by yolo and I don't know what's used now.

I also miss random "all your base are belong to us" here and there.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Boomshakalaka

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    It used to be a pretty common term used on the English speaking EU realms a few years back, In the beginning before the term overpowered or OP was the more common phrase people used to say imbalanced. then people started saying overpowered, so team imbalanced had to come up with something new so shortly after the release of TBC they shortened it to imba, and imba reined supreme for a long year before slowly declining into nonexistence by the end of 2010.

This conflict had a clear winner unlike the roflmao wars which are still ongoing today, while it's clear lmao has the upper hand rofl is still going strong and showing no sign of decline.
    I've never heard rofl outside of online gaming. I wonder what % of the gen pub will know it.

boatrace, never hear it about anymore

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Fly and rad (short for 'radical', when that meant something good and the word wasn't political) are good ones. One more is 'word', used in agreement. Ex. "That band's new album is going to be amazing!, to which someone would reply 'word'.

The ones that are the most fun are the ones less commonly used. For example, 'chomper' is slang for someone who talks a lot during a concert. Or 'wook' (short for wookie) is slang for someone at a concert who shows up very high/drunk and asks everyone around them for free stuff like beer/cigs/etc, usually needing help from others after being passed out on the floor by the end of the night. Kind of crazy that there are enough people that do this that it became a slang word.

one slang word that you might not hear very often is "cat's paw." It's a term used to describe someone who is being used by another person to do their dirty work. For example, if your friend asks you to talk to their ex-boyfriend on their behalf, you might be called a cat's paw.

"Faking the funk", more of a phrase. Back in my day, this was one of the most serious offenses you could commit in social circles. The stigma and fear of "faking the funk" have remained in my mind for over 28 years.

I'd rather be called a "Sell Out", which is like the 2nd most heinous act you could have committed in my school days than be accused of faking the funk. As a grown adult, I have actively avoided the possibility someone could claim I have faked the funk.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a very common slang word for cigarette stolen from us because America has different word spelt the same used as a slur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fetch.

/10littleITISATHING
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    We had a very common slang word for cigarette stolen from us because America has different word spelt the same used as a slur.
    hear people say 'fag break' 'going for a fag' all the time pretty common still.

im italian, so sorry xD
    "giappominchia" thats the old equivalent of weeaboo before that became the term to insult japan (or just anime) obsebssed people
    it was fun because it spread just after the success of italian uncyclopedia and the term bimbominkia (used to insult annoying teenagers more or less)
    translating directly is like "jap dick" more or less, but in that context "minchia" could be translated as fool/dimwit
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hear people say 'fag break' 'going for a fag' all the time pretty common still.
    Exactly saying you're going for a fag is completely different from calling someone a fag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    Exactly saying you're going for a fag is completely different from calling someone a fag.
    Other forums I go on censor the word whatever the context. Then you get attacked by the PC brigade when you complain. What's funny is those forums are British, we are so scared of offending people.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2022-10-30 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Cowabunga .

Literally anything in the 80s and prior.
    Outside of Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles, I never heard anyone casually use that word when I was young :P

'Radical', 'awesome', and even 'tubular' I heard, but never Cowabunga
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance