Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Hold on a second, there`s an outlined shape which resembles a large bunny next to the murloc.
    Is this something added to the bundle later on or?
    Its the Chinese new year zodiac. They mention in the text it included in the 12 months.
    Year of the Rabbit, which should start in januari 2023

Actually for 12 months getting 4 mounts is not bad.
    Normally a 6 months is only 1 mount.

If you go to the subscription page its says this:

***World of Warcraft® mount from the upcoming 6-Month Offer***

This means that the next 6 months subscription is the Chinese new year: The Rabbit.
    Last edited by BB8; 2022-11-01 at 08:25 PM.

When they did this before we got Diablo 3 for free when it released. Blizzard sucks so much even the 1 - year offers are worse.

I know most people don't want to hear this, but if you know you're going to be playing WoW in a year, as much as anyone can know such a thing at least, it's a great deal if you care about mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Disappointed it isn't a Diablo 4 promotion just like the last annual pass.
    I think D4 launch is still to far away for that, they don't want to bind themselves to having to release it within a year.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

2 dollars discount per month for a year? 1 pfff with how all currencies are falling ....

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Its the Chinese new year zodiac. They mention in the text it included in the 12 months.
    Year of the Rabbit, which should start in januari 2023
    February 1st, 2023. If you'll pardon me nitpicking.
    Edit: I acknowledge that the banner lists the latest release date as January 31st.
    Last edited by JSoup; 2022-11-01 at 08:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I think D4 launch is still to far away for that, they don't want to bind themselves to having to release it within a year.
    They have already announced it would be released in 2023 so I doubt it would be delayed that much. Closed beta has even been reported to have started.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Cool but no thanks

5+ Year Old Account
    Will this have any impact on Token Prices?

Going to be a miss from me, If it provided a better monthly discount I might take them up on the offer.
    Mounts aren't enough to seal the deal.

The problem with these kinds of promotions is that you basically have no idea if you'll still be playing in 12 months. Dragonflight could turn out to be complete garbage, but too late, they already have your money.

Now if you're absolutely sure you'll still be playing in a year, more mounts and minions for you, yipee... But this is nothing more than some toys being dangled in front of the undecided, to lure them in.

In fact, I would dare say that the more toys they dangle in front of you to try to hook you in while they reach for your wallet, the lower the actual quality of the product will be...

This is basically snake oil, and by the time you realize you've been screwed, it's already too late.

3+ Year Old Account
    If you're planning on sticking around for another year, I suppose this is fine, though doesn't hold a candle to the last annual pass which gave out a full-price game as part of the bundle, so even if you didn't play the full year, you at least had a chance to get your money's worth.

5+ Year Old Account
    In game...
    ...most people don't care about the mounts
    ...some are asking where to get them or for mountspecial
    ...and some do this:

:-)
    And this isn't even a "whale thing", after all I pay less than someone who pays the subscription month by month. It's the opposite.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2022-11-01 at 09:30 PM.

Na na na na Na na na na CashGrabs!!! (to the tune of Batman!)

Looking forward to the 36 month sub coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    The problem with these kinds of promotions is that you basically have no idea if you'll still be playing in 12 months. Dragonflight could turn out to be complete garbage, but too late, they already have your money.
    You are not the target of their promotion. They focus on those who spend money "no matter what" because it's Blzizard, because it's WoW, because they're rich, because they have no other hobbies, because (reasons). Those players don't really care about quality, they just want to be in Azeroth as much as they can. That doesn't mean the next expansion will be bad, of course. But how can anyone pay 12 months in advance, whithout even knowing how the game actually is? Well, they don't care.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on playing Classic forever so may as well pick deal up for the rare times I log into Retail wow

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    And this isn't even a "whale thing", after all I pay less than someone who pays the subscription month by month. It's the opposite.
    That's partially true. Most players will pay the sub for a few months and then let it go, for multiple reasons: maybe they get bored, maybe the game isn't that good, maybe their real life made a call, etc. On the other side, those who pay 12 months in advance can't "get bored" unless they're ok with wasting unused months of game time. You can't even take a break, because those paid months are consecutive. So, for example, winter and summer months/holidays would be a huge waste of prepaid time.

I used to play WoW since BC, up until BfA. But I never played 12 months straight, because real life priorities and bredom always won. So I usually played 3-4 months per year and that's it. I also used to come back when a cool patch was announced, which was a nice thing because I could pay that month, play a lot and (obviously) get bored again and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post

Now if you're absolutely sure you'll still be playing in a year, more mounts and minions for you, yipee... But this is nothing more than some toys being dangled in front of the undecided, to lure them in.

In fact, I would dare say that the more toys they dangle in front of you to try to hook you in while they reach for your wallet, the lower the actual quality of the product will be...

This is basically snake oil, and by the time you realize you've been screwed, it's already too late.
    I mean. The point is to lock in people for the next year, that much is obvious. But I'd imagine the target isn't just whales, but also the people who will hang around regardless. I'll likely be playing for the next year with some downtime here or there. Setting aside sunk cost fallacy this isn't a terrible deal if I'm going to be doing the thing anyway. Save a very slight amount on sub costs and get some free junk.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's check the facts here...

1. I've played since Vanilla without pause
    2. I'm a roleplayer, so I create my own content to enjoy... raiding and m+ don't even fall under the category of what I enjoy
    3. I've paid 6-month subs from the beginning because it is the cheapest
    4. I live in Germany and we're steering right into a recession

So, the option to pay now and have to pay again in 2024 because the existing period of my 6 month sub was counted too is really great news to me.
    I can afford it now. Given the inflation I don't kow if that'll be the same in 6 month. So yeah, it's almost a must have for me.