Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    UN backed grain agreement.
    Russia can't be trusted in any negotiations. Their word means nothing. Add this to the long list. Returning all Ukrainian land is non-negotiable. Russia should be only given ultimatums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Russia can't be trusted in any negotiations. Their word means nothing. Add this to the long list. Returning all Ukrainian land is non-negotiable. Russia should be only given ultimatums.
    Recall that Russia was bound by an agreement to allow Ukraine's territory to remain inviolate forever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...endship_Treaty

They clearly didn't. Because they're liars, and their word means nothing. At least, under Putin.

Drone boat footage of the attack. Wild stuff, hope to see more of it until Russia fucks off.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...ian_black_sea/
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-10-30 at 01:28 AM.

Russia: Unmanned suicide drones on civilian targets.
    Ukraine: Unmanned suicide boats on military targets.
    Russia: Waaaaahh terrorism!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    That's why any "official withdrawal" of Russia that Ukraine signs to on paper needs to immediately proceed to Ukraine entering some form of mutual-defense pact with the EU or NATO or some similar body that will forcibly remove Russia with the strength of dozens nations should the Russians ever attempt such a move again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

And regular as clockwork, after Ukraine embarrassed russia at Sevastopol, they launched massive missile strikes on critical electrical and water infrastructure. No military targets, just more war crimes targeting civilians.

https://www.un.org/en/black-sea-grai...0-october-2022

Istanbul, 30 October 2022 - The United Nations Secretariat convened all delegations earlier today at the Joint Coordination Centre in a plenary format. During the session, the delegation of the Russian Federation informed that while it suspends its participation in the implementation of the activities of the Initiative, including in inspections, for an indefinite time, it will continue the dialogue with the United Nations and the Turkish delegation on pressing issues. The Russian Federation delegation also expressed its readiness to cooperate remotely on issues that require immediate decision by the JCC.

The Secretariat, in close cooperation with the Turkish delegation at the JCC, continues to engage all representatives to offer options on next steps regarding the JCC operations in accordance with the goals and provisions stated in the Initiative.

In order to continue fulfilling the Initiative, it was proposed that the Turkish and United Nations delegations provide tomorrow 10 inspection teams aiming to inspect 40 outbound vessels. This inspection plan has been accepted by the delegation of Ukraine. The Russian Federation delegation has been informed.

Currently, there are 97 loaded vessels and 15 inbound vessels registered for JCC inspection around Istanbul. There are an additional 89 that have applied to join the Initiative.

In addition, the Ukrainian, Turkish and United Nations delegations agreed on a movement plan for tomorrow 31 October for the maritime humanitarian corridor of 16 vessels, 12 outbound and 4 inbound. The UN delegation, in its capacity as JCC Secretariat, has informed the delegation of the Russian Federation on the movements in accordance with the JCC established procedures. As per JCC procedures, all participants coordinate with their respective military and other relevant authorities to ensure the safe passage of commercial vessels under the Black Sea Grain Initiative.

There was no movement of vessels in the corridor today, 30 October. There are currently 21 vessels engaged in the Initiative that are in or near the three Ukrainian ports with a capacity of over 700,000 metric tons, including IKARIA ANGEL, a vessel chartered by the World Food Programme loaded with 30,000 metric tons of wheat for the emergency response in the Horn of Africa.
    Go ahead russia, attack a UN protected grain ship. I dare you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently russia will return to the grain deal IF Ukraine guarantees the safety of the russian Black sea fleet...

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...12820181893123

You can't make this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Apparently russia will return to the grain deal IF Ukraine guarantees the safety of the russian Black sea fleet...

You can't make this up.
    Russia can't protect its own navy?

That's...uh...embarrassing. They're trying to place the onus on Ukraine when like...they could always stop invading and withdraw from all Ukrainian territory with their tail between their legs.

7+ Year Old Account

You can't make this up.
    Coincidently, just when Ukraine did a drone strike on Russian fleet parked at Sevastopol and made it almost impossible for them to obstruct grain transport any more.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Did anyone find news about Kremlin claiming that Gazprom somehow got to inspect the Nord Stream damages? Obviously RuZZia claims to have proof that UK did it, but they for some reason do not wish to present them!

Adding up a translation from finnish articles - RuZZia claims that Liz Truss sent a message to Anthony Blinken - "Job's done" a minute after Nord Stream went kaputt...
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-11-01 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You can't make this up.
    Funny guys, they have a bright career ahead of them in comedy after this ends.

Just for the heck of it to call their crap, Ukraine ought to offer Russia to intern both the entirety of the Russian black sea fleet and their crews in Turkish custody so long as the war is ongoing, and see what they think about that.
    Last edited by zealo; 2022-11-01 at 08:27 PM.

You can't make this up.
    Went from "We'll destroy them in 3 days" to "Please don't attack us"
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2022-11-02 at 01:02 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    And regular as clockwork, after Ukraine embarrassed russia at Sevastopol, they launched massive missile strikes on critical electrical and water infrastructure. No military targets, just more war crimes targeting civilians.
    I'll give you a read on what Russia is doing and why as of late.

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/uk...2-7c2460746a7a

Russia is looking to basically leave Ukraine without any power, water or heat. This will severely impact Ukraine's military capabilities too and cause a lot of chaos and suffering in Ukraine.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post

Russia is looking to basically leave Ukraine without any power, water or heat. This will severely impact Ukraine's military capabilities too and cause a lot of chaos and suffering in Ukraine.
    Well… as long as they stick to the “leave ukraine” part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post

Seeing as Russia is unable to supply their own troops, I'd imagine they'd have to otherwise rely a great deal on the Ukrainian infrastructure they're currently destroying to attempt to tide them over, especially come winter.

And it's not like the influx of western weapons to aim at Russia is going to slow down. I'd imagine the powers that be helping Ukraine out would be more than happy to ensure the resources required to keep such weaponry functioning.

Russia poorly thinking out a tactical decision in this frivolous war they started? Who'da thought.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Kaleredar Except wherein they are destroying the infrastructure in the North and West far away from the frontlines.

As for the influx of weapons, I believe you'll be surprised but there are actual limits to how much we can supply to Ukraine. The West overall had a severe ammunition issue before the war started and we gave Ukraine a lot. The Drones and Javelins for instance that had such an impact early on in the war? There's no missile replacements for them that will be available easily.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...ins-stockpiles
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

russia has backed down on its threat to pull out of the grain agreement. Bluff called.

10+ Year Old Account
    russia has backed down on its threat to pull out of the grain agreement. Bluff called.
    Just about to post this, I wonder though if this doesn't make russia look weak? Not that I care but I'm just wondering how quickly they caved.

Just about to post this, I wonder though if this doesn't make russia look weak? Not that I care but I'm just wondering how quickly they caved.
    The entire war has made them look weak. This is another blow to their already shattered image.