Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Why the doom and gloom? If you don't like it, just, scoot along? Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a discount but like, 24 euro.. So, about almost 2 months for free.
    nothing for Australians. it's the same price as 2 6-month subs

After Shadowlands, I can hardly believe folks are willing to pay for 6 month subs, let alone a 1 year sub.

I'm assuming this isn't refundable, so since I have no interest in pets or mounts, I'm just going to do monthly.

Blizz has really gone overboard with monetization as of late, and to me thats a clear sign that caution is recommended when dealing with this company.

I'm going to give Dragonflight a try, but I'm really not expecting much and I don't want to be locked into a whole year.

I'll probably do it when my current sub runs out. Just to not have to think about re-subbing for a year makes it worth it for me. I do this for all my 'bills' where its possible, it just makes forward planning easier. I'm not really bothered about the cost, i'll obviously take the mounts and stuff but i'm not that fussed about them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Condolences.

Sunk cost fallacy is a bitch, isn't it?
    That’s not a thing tho.

During BFA i still had sub but did not play for many months, Besides logging in like once-twice every few weeks.

Any one who feels a ”Need” to play just because they have sub, Should probably seek some form of help

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    if someone wants to buy a 1 year plan, why would I care? It's their money

Because modern day dictates it's everyones business how much money your earn, how much tax you pay and what you spend your money on.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is nice sometimes that I am required to have a wow sub, means I can write it off on taxes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    if someone wants to buy a 1 year plan, why would I care? It's their money
    Cause people are mad if you spend your money the way you like to and not they way they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    That’s not a thing tho.

During BFA i still had sub but did not play for many months, Besides logging in like once-twice every few weeks.

Any one who feels a ”Need” to play just because they have sub, Should probably seek some form of help
    Sunk cost fallacy is a thing. Just look at Schwarzkopf, who I quoted in the previous post.
    Playing the game until he dies, no matter the quality of the product, because he "invested" the last 18 years into it.

Okay? If you had a 6 months sub - not a good deal.
    If you had an active monthly sub - not a good deal.
    Just cancel the sub if you don't play. It is not that hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sunk cost fallacy is a thing. Just look at Schwarzkopf, who I quoted in the previous post.
    Playing the game until he dies, no matter the quality of the product, because he "invested" the last 18 years into it.

Okay? If you had a 6 months sub - not a good deal.
    If you had an active monthly sub - not a good deal.
    Just cancel the sub if you don't play. It is not that hard.
    Wow putting a lot of words in Schwarzkopf's mouth...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The approach to this is from 3 POVs

First POV: You play only to Retail then you need to ask yourself "Do I really want to pay for 12 months in advance* even if there is a chance that i will drop it in 1/2months due to DF begin dogshit, just for mounts?"

Second POV: You play both Retail and Classic, the latter begin the reason you still play at WoW, now if you play Wotlk Classic is reasonable to think you are gonna play it through all phases so 10/12 months hence you are gonna save up some money on the long run and get freebies on both versions.

Third POV: You play only Classic, same as Second POV you are gonna play all phases so you do it just for saving up money, 0 interest in Retail.

So just the First case is the real question, getting mounts + discount on something your were gonna buy in any case isnt a real problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow putting a lot of words in Schwarzkopf's mouth...
    Nope, not really.

Responding to pahbi (can't yet quote or tag folks)

Fair enough, though "I can't believe there is somebody in the world who has different tastes, preferences and enjoys different things" is a bit of a stretch (yes...you said "hardly" - so I am using hyperbole here.

Same with the guy who accuses anyone who keeps playing after 10, 15, 17 years as being victim of sunk cost fallacy (Jaques) - I do many things for long times and never considered the sunk cost. Just the fun. Stopped when I didn't enjoy it.

But I agree on the monetisation bit. For me, it was already annoying, when the CE prices went from 69 to 89, eventually 99 I think for Shadowlands. Now it is even higher, you can only buy it in the gear store AND pay sth like 15 Euros shipping.

So for the first time in many, many years no CE for me.

And that is all there is. Everyone makes their choice and yeah...if you have ni interest in gimmicks, distrust the company....pay monthly. Worst case...if you DO play 12 months, you spend sth like 24 Euros more than the folks who subbed for a year

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, not really.
    Oh yeah...you are. It is a master class of "So you are saying...."

That's not what was said in what you quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, not really.
    I'm guessing English is your second language.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    Are "we" really that cheap that Blizzard throws together a ugly mount and some pom poms and we gobble it up?
    well, if you dont plan to play, and buy it anyway, then yes, YOU are, but thats "you" issue...
    for those of us who would play anyway its literaly just free mounts...
    and personaly, i love the mounts from the bundle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its baffling that someone would go to such extreme lengths to defend their frothing addiction to a video game.
    Just as baffling that someone would go to such extreme lengths to attack someone spending their money how they see fit. What about Disney+? It has an annual rate. What about Amazon Prime? An Annual rate. There are lots of things that have annual rates that you don't 100% utilize. It just happens in life. Making an informed decision about your life and what you'll get enough value out of is not an addiction.

Things are always about perspective in a case like this while you are trying a one size fit all approach that is clearly biased against WoW/subscription.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Yikes, a full year subscription trap. I wonder if they just have so little confidence in people sticking around for longer in DF (urgh and classic I guess) or if their empty headed overlords demanded a sudden spike in revenue that they can't meet in any other way. Maybe Bobby needs a bunch of golden toilets on his newest yacht?
    God this shit is so droll at this point.

Do you all go this insane when your phone company offers people a better deal if they lock it in for 24 months? Do you start screeching about how AT&T is dying because they want guaranteed revenue more than they do monthly variance? Is every gym on the planet dying? What about sports teams/stadiums selling season passes for less than the sum cost of the tickets, are they dying too or are they 'desperate' and have 'little confidence in people attending games'?

Get a fucking grip.

thats not what he said though...
    he said he will play it and that he played it, not that he will play it BECAUSE he played it...

Since it isn't even cheaper I am not gonna switch.

But I share the concerns about this... if I was planning another 8 month patch cycle like in SLs, this would be a good option to mitigate people leaving. I sorely hope I am wrong...

Sunk cost fallacy is a bitch, isn't it?
    I'd not know - I don't fall into that trap, I imagine you have significant experience with it that you could share ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    The approach to this is from 3 POVs
    I'm in PoV #4

I play just retail, I don't make purchase decisions on mounts.

I do know that short of me dying, I'll be playing WoW for at least the next year (if not more).

Therefore - the mounts are free, at no risk.

If I die - then who gives a toss about anything anyway.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd not know - I don't fall into that trap, I imagine you have significant experience with it that you could share ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in PoV #4

I play just retail, I don't make purchase decisions on mounts.

I do know that short of me dying, I'll be playing WoW for at least the next year (if not more).

Therefore - the mounts are free, at no risk.

If I die - then who gives a toss about anything anyway.
    Basically my take. I play retail exclusively. Have been since Vanilla. Ill sub for the year and get the cool mounts because A:i would of been subbed anyway, and B: its at a discounted rate. Even if there are points where i take a few weeks off for travel\breaks etc, leaving the sub active does not realistically impact my financials at all.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

If I could get fios for $10/month for the next ten years I'd sign up.