Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    if i end up going, we should definitely meet up - that would be fun. I'm up in alaska, so traveling to the lower 48 is a bit of an enterprise in scheduling.
    oh shit, cubby's a crab fisher/gold prospector

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    oh shit, cubby's a crab fisher/gold prospector
    Gold crabs for everyone!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Ahem. @Crissi, @muto, and @Captain Proton and the gang just going to turn down free gold crabs? Smh

10+ Year Old Account
    sod oes that mean he knows where all the snow crabs went?

anyways throughly enjoying the demolishing of the Aggies in the media. Jimbo pulled the biggest swindle in football history.

5+ Year Old Account
    Big 12 only 350m

RIPE FOR POACHING

5+ Year Old Account
    What the hell am I watching? Barnes, Glover starting, Sack Lake City has returned... @cubby

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What the hell am I watching? Barnes, Glover starting, Sack Lake City has returned... @cubby
    We'll see. So far the Duck's O-Line has been phenomenal in protecting Nix.

5+ Year Old Account
    We'll see. So far the Duck's O-Line has been phenomenal in protecting Nix.
    Ask USC how protecting CW went

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so MSU's mammoth receiver just gets to push off with both arms fully extended to clear space to catch the TD. Noted, we'll see how that goes when Michigan does it...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ask USC how protecting CW went
    Georgia never touched Nix, and we are on the cusp of some ridiculous statistical record for least sacks allowed ever (it keys off the number of passing plays, so it's weird to start out with, and then gets odder yet).

Utah will be tough, but it will literally be a different ballgame than last year. Just for starters, our coach won't have his head 100% in Miami.

5+ Year Old Account
    Utah will be tough, but it will literally be a different ballgame than last year. Just for starters, our coach won't have his head 100% in Miami.
    Is that your excuse for both losses?
    Kek.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is that your excuse for both losses?
    Kek.
    Of course not - but it doesn't mean it isn't accurate.

Hey - we want your best in Eugene, what's up with Cam? Is he coming back?
    Looks like that was just an odd one-off. Hope he's back. We want to stuff Rising, not the walk-on kid.

1 Tennessee 8-0
    2 Ohio State 8-0
    3 Georgia 8-0
    4 Clemson 8-0
    5 Michigan 8-0
    6 Alabama 7-1
    7 TCU 8-0
    8 Oregon 7-1
    9 Southern California 7-1
    10 LSU 6-2

Interesting

5+ Year Old Account
    Of course not - but it doesn't mean it isn't accurate.

Hey - we want your best in Eugene, what's up with Cam? Is he coming back?
    Looks like that was just an odd one-off. Hope he's back. We want to stuff Rising, not the walk-on kid.
    I'm choosing to assume that's because you want to get our best, and not lose to a pig farmer from Milford in a narrow margin game

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm choosing to assume that's because you want to get our best, and not lose to a pig farmer from Milford in a narrow margin game
    That is correct. The pac-12 only helps itself when we give each other our best, and that's exactly what I want from Utah. Last years double-rout was...unfortunate. I wish we could have brought you the team that beat OSU that year, instead of the team who's coach was in Miami. No excuses though - you killed us, once at home, and then again in Sin City. You guys were great.

On a different note - the first CFP rankings are out!

1 Tennessee
    2 Ohio State
    3 Georgia
    4 Clemson
    5 Michigan
    6 Alabama
    7 TCU
    8 Oregon
    9 Southern California
    10 LSU
    11 Mississippi
    12 UCLA
    13 Kansas State
    14 Utah
    15 Penn State
    16 Illinois
    17 North Carolina
    18 Oklahoma State
    19 Tulane
    20 Syracuse
    21 Wake Forest
    22 NC State
    23 Oregon State
    24 Texa
    25 UCF

That's 4 Pac-12 teams in the CFP top 15. Sweet. With Oregon holding the top Pac-12 spot at the moment. We play Utah in two weeks, and, statistically speaking right now, USC in the Pac-12 Champ game. Lots of football still to play.

Tennessee plays Georgia next week, and I can't see the loser of that game dropping below Oregon - even if it's Tennessee, unless they lose by more than 46 points.

Ohio State plays Michigan at the end of the regular season. I could see either losing team dropping below Oregon, but also staying ranked above.

And as we all know, anything can happen in college football.

- - - Updated - - -

And as an aside, I am so sick and fucking tired of seeing these articles about "prestigious" coaching jobs opening up and how Oregon's coach is "in the mix" - there are articles surfacing just like this about the Auburn position.

Oregon is a prestigious coaching job, and it would be super neato if the ridiculous east coast bias would wake up to reality.

5+ Year Old Account
    @cubby; something similiar used to happen with coach Whitt. All the time you'd see it for Florida, for USC, for Texas...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    @cubby; something similiar used to happen with coach Whitt. All the time you'd see it for Florida, for USC, for Texas...
    I'm not familiar with that.

Another dipshit article completely avoiding the West Coast's 4 teams in the top CFP 15. Un-fucking-believable east coast bias. Even mentions Illinois, but not Oregon or USC.

While it's obvious I hope that Oregon breaks into the CFP 4 and wins the title, I would also like that for a broader wake-up call.

I'm not familiar with that.

Another dipshit article completely avoiding the West Coast's 4 teams in the top CFP 15. Un-fucking-believable east coast bias. Even mentions Illinois, but not Oregon or USC.

While it's obvious I hope that Oregon breaks into the CFP 4 and wins the title, I would also like that for a broader wake-up call.
    Maybe if the top ranked team in the Pac 12 didn't lose to UGA 49-3 or if USC could play defense those teams would be given more respect. Not sure what else you want from them. Illinois to get to the playoff would either have to beat Michigan twice or beat Michigan and OSU. Sounds like a better resume than any Pac 12 team will be able to put up if it actually happened. Not sure why you think there is some built in bias against the west coast if anything there might be a blatent bias to SEC teams specifically but when games like the previous mentioned Oregon one happens how are you going to change that again? Hell Utah is the 3rd or 4th best team in the Pac 12 and they lost to 4-4 team that is 6th place in the SEC East. The Big Ten definitely has no bias in it's favor or Michigan would be ahead of Clemson.

The pac 12 just sucks. There is a reason USC and UCLA are trying to take their market and run to a conference that isn't a dumpster fire and it's not just money.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-11-03 at 09:25 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Maybe if the top ranked team in the Pac 12 didn't lose to UGA 49-3 or if USC could play defense those teams would be given more respect. Not sure what else you want from them. Illinois to get to the playoff would either have to beat Michigan twice or beat Michigan and OSU. Sounds like a better resume than any Pac 12 team will be able to put up if it actually happened. Not sure why you think there is some built in bias against the west coast if anything there might be a blatent bias to SEC teams specifically but when games like the previous mentioned Oregon one happens how are you going to change that again? Hell Utah is the 3rd or 4th best team in the Pac 12 and they lost to 4-4 team that is 6th place in the SEC East. The Big Ten definitely has no bias in it's favor or Michigan would be ahead of Clemson.

The pac 12 just sucks. There is a reason USC and UCLA are trying to take their market and run to a conference that isn't a dumpster fire and it's not just money.
    The Georgia game was an outlier, and the people living in reality know that. New coach, new QB, new OC, up against the previous national champion. I guess you forgot last year when our best went to Ohio State and won. I do recognize that the Pac-12 doesn't do as well against other conferences overall, but we have our good teams, and those teams consistently compete on a national level. And to completely ignore all four teams in the CFP top 15 in an "analysis" piece is just bias, pure and simple.

And USC/UCLA are leaving the Pac-12 for money, pure and simple. Because neither has done very well in the last 10 years in the Pac-12. If they were winning out consistently each year, then you might have a point. But their duck and dash is pure monetary. Which, outside of this conversation, is pretty sad.

The Georgia game was an outlier, and the people living in reality know that. New coach, new QB, new OC, up against the previous national champion. I guess you forgot last year when our best went to Ohio State and won. I do recognize that the Pac-12 doesn't do as well against other conferences overall, but we have our good teams, and those teams consistently compete on a national level. And to completely ignore all four teams in the CFP top 15 in an "analysis" piece is just bias, pure and simple.

And USC/UCLA are leaving the Pac-12 for money, pure and simple. Because neither has done very well in the last 10 years in the Pac-12. If they were winning out consistently each year, then you might have a point. But their duck and dash is pure monetary. Which, outside of this conversation, is pretty sad.
    It's not even that large of a financial gain due to increased travel for non revenue sports. They are leaving for perception, not being in the worst power 5 conference will help keep cali talent home instead of Ohio State, Clemson and the entire SEC coming and pillaging them.

49-3 an outlier, lol.

Also not sure what beating OSU last year has to do with anything, they weren't the best team in the B1G last year, but they somehow still beat the Pac 12 champion in the rose bowl. Michigan whooped them a lot harder than Oregon did in case you forgot they just weren't that good last year or up to their normal standards.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-11-03 at 06:28 PM.