5+ Year Old Account

[TV] Disney+ Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

New Star Wars Animated Anthology Series Tales Of The Jedi Announced.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-ani...d-celebration/
    BY ANDY TOLSKY - 7 HOURS AGO

A brand new animated Star Wars series of anthology shorts titled Tales of the Jedi has been announced, and it will have a panel at this year's Star Wars Celebration. Ever since Lucasfilm's sale to Disney in 2012, they've released a number of Star Wars projects that have been met with a wide range of reactions. The movie sequel trilogy was well-received at first, although by its wrap-up, the critical response did turn sour. However, titles on Disney+ such as The Mandalorian and the final season of The Clone Wars received very positive reactions from fans.

Star Wars Celebration is an annual convention that has been happening since 1999, the release year of Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace. Skipping some years and changing its location every time, it attracts some of the biggest Star Wars fan groups in the world. It's also known for its panels and presentations, which have featured exclusive interviews with some of the creative minds behind the franchise's many projects, including the movies, TV series, games, and comics.

Now, the newly announced animated series Tales of the Jedi is confirmed on the official Star Wars Celebration website. Originally, the announcement seemed to be a mistake, as it was taken off of the website after a Redditor posted a snapshot of it. But the Star Wars convention's site has officially listed a panel for it during this year's event in Anaheim, California, and it is scheduled for Saturday, May 28 from 2:30-3:30 PM. The panel will be hosted by Amy Ratcliffe and feature legendary Star Wars writer/director Dave Filoni as a special guest.

Star Wars already has multiple previously announced projects that are still in production, including new live-action series like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor, and The Mandalorian season 3. Not to mention they also have other animated projects coming, including The Bad Batch season 2 and the movie A Droid Story. On top of all that, they're also working on a new live-action film scheduled to release in theaters next year: Rogue Squadron, directed by Patty Jenkins.

At this point, it is unknown whether this new Star Wars animated anthology series will be coming to Disney+, YouTube (à la Galaxy of Heroes), or somewhere else. As far as animation is concerned, Star Wars has had a pretty good track record as of late. Tales of the Jedi seems to have a lot of potential, especially if Filoni is going to be involved. Seeing as it will be an anthology series like Star Wars Visions, the possibilities really are limitless.

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/...i-%5BSTREAMING

SAT, MAY 28, 2022
    2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
    THE GALAXY STAGE

Introducing Tales of the Jedi, animated anthology shorts. Hosted by Amy Ratcliffe with special guest Dave Filoni.
    Why not show it off at May the 4th

I wonder if it will take place during the clone wars..

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi’ Coming to Disney+ This Fall

https://collider.com/star-wars-tales...se-window/amp/
    BY MAGGIE LOVITT - 1 HOUR AGO

The Star Wars universe is about to get a lot more animated with the newly announced anthology series Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi. Fans of the Star Wars Expanded Universe may recognize that title as the comic book series that delved into stories of the Old Republic. The new series, which uses the same name, will serve as an anthology of Original animated shorts. Following the panel hosted by Amy Ratcliffe, the official Star Wars Twitter account revealed that the series will arrive on Disney+ sometime this fall.

The series will follow various Jedi from the prequel era including Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Ahsoka. Liam Neeson, who played Qui-Gon Jinn in the prequel films is set to reprise the role for an episode of the animated series. However, given the success of other animated Star Wars series, such as Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels, fans can look forward to this series further fleshing out beloved characters from an era of the franchise finally getting its time in the limelight.

There hasn't been a Star Wars movie on the silver screen since The Rise of Skywalker, but the franchise has been alive and well on the small screen. The highly anticipated series Obi-Wan Kenobi, which reunited Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen for the first time since Revenge of the Sith, joined the ranks of The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett this week, but Star Wars has been thriving on television in animated form for years.

The Attack of the Clones tie-in series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Rebels, and the oft-overlooked Star Wars: Resistance series have been fan-favorites for years, kept alive by an active fanbase and dedicated voice actors. Star Wars: Visions debuted last year, which gave Japanese animation studios an opportunity to explore the themes and stories of the galaxy far, far away through an entirely new lens. The success of that anthology series undoubtedly helped to give life to Tales of the Jedi.

Star Wars has also released light-hearted animated projects on an even smaller screen, with a slate of shorts geared towards younglings. Star Wars: Galaxy of Creatures, Star Wars: Galactic Pals, Star Wars: Roll Out, and Star Wars: Forces of Destiny all premiered on YouTube and on Star Wars Kids.

- - - Updated - - -

SWCA 2022: 5 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THE STAR WARS: TALES OF THE JEDI PANEL

https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2...the-jedi-panel
    STAR WARS CELEBRATION // MAY 29, 2022

Star Wars: Tales Of The Jedi logo“Two paths and two choices.” Those are the words Lucasfilm’s Dave Filoni used to describe Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, a new 6-part animated short series set to premiere this fall on Disney+. Here are five things we learned in a panel that offered the first known details about the upcoming show.

1. Tales of the Jedi will see the return of familiar faces. So who will we follow on these “two paths”? None other than Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooku, but like we’ve never seen them before. Fans were treated to stills and concept art from the new series featuring both of these iconic characters in three distinct eras of their lives (each will receive three episodes). Fans also caught a glimpse of a young Count Dooku. “He was a Jedi,” Filoni reminded the audience. “He was one of them.” And with a younger Dooku, we of course get a look at his Padawan…

2. Qui-Gon Jinn, back in action. Yes, the wise Jedi Master returns to screens as a Padawan. Exploring the relationship between master and apprentice has been a staple of Filoni’s storytelling, and it continues with Tales of the Jedi. “Qui-Gon is one of the best and, in some ways, most interesting Jedi, because of his philosophy, which is different from the Jedi Council,” Filoni said. “And where did he learn that, if not from his mentor, Count Dooku?” And yes, Liam Neeson (and his son) return to voice the fan favorite character.

3. Janina Gavankar comes back to the galaxy far, far away as Ahsoka’s mother, Pav-ti. The panel saw the debut of the Tales of the Jedi premiere episode “Life and Death,” featuring the birth of Ahsoka and one of her first adventures with her mother. Gavankar (who fans know as Iden Versio from the Star Wars Battlefront II video game) voices the character and made an appearance on stage. When asked about her involvement in the project by panel host Amy Ratcliffe, Gavanker commented on the tight-knit community of Star Wars creators. “If you’re just down to have fun, you get roped into things,” she said. “Because it’s a giant galaxy but it’s actually cared for by a very small village.”

“Moms are so important,” Filoni said of including the character. “Ahsoka’s first experience with someone telling her, ‘Don’t be afraid,’ is her mother.”

4. Not all of these tales are for the faint of heart. While the premiere episode ended happily and featured an adorable baby Ahsoka (“Baby Ahsoka might give Grogu a run for his money!” Ratcliffe said.), Filoni warned fans that some of the stories aren’t so happy. “Are they fun, happy? I don’t know, it gets rough,” he said. “Some of these are dark.” He continued, “I’m picturing the other shorts, and if I chose to show a Dooku short today, I don’t think we’d be talking about all the cute things in Star Wars. I think we’d be talking about something else. It would be like, ‘Oooh, that was rough!’”

5. The shorts are rooted in traditional storytelling. Filoni called these shorts “tone poems” — stories with minimal dialogue, told through visuals. Gavankar called them “so minimalistic, and so quiet, and reserved.” Inspiration came from creators like renowned Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki and, of course, George Lucas himself. “It’s the mentor relationship…now it’s our job to take care of it and to further it in ways that are exciting for the next generation.”

“You do your best job and then you do better,” Filoni said, commenting on his journey through Star Wars animated and live-action storytelling. If the standing ovation and waving lightsabers from the crowd were any indication, it’s clear fans are excited for what’s to come.

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-05-29 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    SW animated shows must make a lot of money because they are pumping them hard. 3 animated series in 2023 not counting Bad Batch that will probably be renewed?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    SW animated shows must make a lot of money because they are pumping them hard. 3 animated series in 2023 not counting Bad Batch that will probably be renewed?
    Content is key...and generally speaking an animated project comes in with a much lower price tag. For the price of 1 season on Mandalorian (~$15 Million per episode) ...Disney can get multiple animated seasons going. And yeah, they've seen pretty good numbers with Bad Batch, Clone Wars Final Season, etc. And it's not just Star Wars Animated Series...Marvel's getting their taste too with What If..? Season 2, X-Men '97, Spider-Man: Freshman Year (Already confirmed to have a second season...Sophomore Year), etc.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Empire inquisitor? Lol wut?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Pre-Empire inquisitor? Lol wut?
    It isn't pre-empire. Watch the trailer again. Look at Ahsoka.

If you think that is pre-empire, you're wrong.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Looks only interesting because it takes place in the OG timeline what George Lucas created and with characters that are interesting because of him.
    If you keep in mind that Disney is making this show lowers my hype level toward a deep low point but maybe we get something decent Star Wars but i would be surprised if it would happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yaddle also having green lightsabre, might be confusing for some, I would have chosen blue for her ro set her apart..

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, i rly wanted to liked Star Wars animations, but the style just don't suit me, i can't like it, i remember that one animation about Anakin and Ashoka aired on Tv i could not stand it

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Animation also more likely to attract family w/KIDS viewership - And that means.... MERCHANDISING!

And THAT is where the money making machine is baby. So yeah, they're gonna pump out the animated shows! Nothing Disney does better than Merchandising =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Animation also more likely to attract family w/KIDS viewership - And that means.... MERCHANDISING!

And THAT is where the money making machine is baby. So yeah, they're gonna pump out the animated shows! Nothing Disney does better than Merchandising =D.
    Irony is that merchandising is doing pretty poorly as of late, specifically with the Disney Star Wars merchandise. I'd be more inclined that Disney just wants to push more content into their streaming service for subscription dollars, even more so than merchandising and even movies for theaters.

Also, you get more freedom for what you can show through animation than you can generally get with live action. This is why animation -> live action generally looks odd if you do a one-to-one direct conversion, where you can do live action -> animation easily enough. Comes down to execution and skill of the production company... but with how Disney has been doing as of late, I wouldn't trust them when considering those aspects.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting show, however it has retcons in it.

The Episodes are divided among Ahsoka episodes and Dooku episode, but retcons events in the Dooku audio drama and feels like it drove the final nail into the Ahsoka novel as non-canon. It is a quick watch overall.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-26 at 01:13 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Tales of the Jedi is a 10/10 for me. I teared up a bit during the ahsoka training episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty disappointed. Not because it wasn't good. Just that it wasn't what I was hoping for.

I was hoping for stories around lesser known characters. While there was some, it really focused more on well told characters.

It is sort of what i'm sick of with Star Wars. I'm tired of the shoe horning of more content between the timeline of the movies. I want to see what came long before, and a long while after.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I was pretty disappointed. Not because it wasn't good. Just that it wasn't what I was hoping for.

I was hoping for stories around lesser known characters. While there was some, it really focused more on well told characters.

It is sort of what i'm sick of with Star Wars. I'm tired of the shoe horning of more content between the timeline of the movies. I want to see what came long before, and a long while after.
    I was hoping for more myself. Like they axed an episode where Plo Koon found Ahsoka, which I kind of wanted to see. I have seen Ahsoka fight inquisitors already.

It wasn't bad, but wasn't really what I wanted
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say its a project that 'wasn't needed' but it is just a series of shorts - no one told me to bring the entire thing in one sitting. I don't think its as good as Visions or the other series of shorts/one-offs I can't remember the name of. Its a Filoni show and hits the beats you expect...obviously Ahsoka has a commanding presence. I think they could have shown more interesting parts of Dooku's story. Also wished they did anyone Jedi but two who we've seen all throughout SW behaving in ways we already expect from them. Theres a lot of popular Jedi from that era they could have featured.

Average content. Not good, not bad. Worth one watch when you have the time. I will say its a palette cleanser and return to the 'norm' after watching a lot of Andor.

Resident Cosplay Progressive