Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They are too far invested on wanting the game to fail and want to feel some sort of validation but it never happens for them, so they continue to whine repeating the same story over and over when they could spend that time of doing something productive.
    There's no way this isn't tongue in cheek. The irony here has to be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Instant toxicity from you. You clearly need to get out of this thread mate :P.
    Like I said - If you hate the game that much, just erase it from your brain, leave the thread, and let the people who enjoy it, enjoy it . It's not really hard!
    Weird fucking times, when you walk into a bar and start explaining everyone else that they should just fuck off because you are not too fond of them. I'll say it again, if “positivity” is the only thing you tolerate towards the stuff you enjoy, you should stick to more private platforms that accommodate those needs.

Also, if you can't enjoy something because some random dudes in the internet are posting mean shit about it... well fuck, I really don't know what to tell you. But you know what, I still highly approve of your suggestion, I think everyone should just let the ones who support and enjoy the game post, you know, for science and the memes!
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    TIL Criticizing something means you want it to fail, that you hate it, and that you're toxic and need to take a break from discussing it.

Have these people never worked on an actual project before? Criticism is an integral part of creating a robust process/ system. It's simply the "negative" part of the analysis stage of the process.
    toxic positivity is how we get impotent libtards, true true true
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Weird fucking times, when you walk into a bar and start explaining everyone else that they should just fuck off because you are not too fond of them. I'll say it again, if “positivity” is the only thing you tolerate towards the stuff you enjoy, you should stick to more private platforms that accommodate those needs.

Also, if you can't enjoy something because some random dudes in the internet are posting mean shit about it... well fuck, I really don't know what to tell you. But you know what, I still highly approve of your suggestion, I think everyone should just let the ones who support and enjoy the game post, you know, for science and the memes!
    If you go to the same bar every single day, and complain about the same thing constantly, then I'd wager and say you have a problem, no?
    It's like me going to a restaurant that I fucking hate, JUST so that I can complain while being there.. It makes absolutely no sense.

Just look at your recent posts man.. It's all aggressive, borderline toxic messages, all in this thread.
    Go outside, take a breath. It's literally just a game being made! <3

If you go to the same bar every single day, and complain about the same thing constantly, then I'd wager and say you have a problem, no?
    It's like me going to a restaurant that I fucking hate, JUST so that I can complain while being there.. It makes absolutely no sense.

Just look at your recent posts man.. It's all aggressive, borderline toxic messages, all in this thread.
    It's like going to a bar and they told you they were renovating and that it'll be the best bar in town when it's finished and you stop by once in a while only to see that renovations barely started. You'll have customers and investors asking what's taking so long and then you people shout at them to leave and that the future bar is obviously not meant for them. Just look at kenn's, Mr. Anderson's, and Otaka's posts man... it's all aggressive, borderline toxic messages, mostly (or in Anderson's case, all) in this thread. Go outside, take a breath. It's literally a game constantly under construction and missing major deadlines outlined by the head of the project himself so learn the difference between criticism and "hating on the project" and learn the "negativity" you are seeing is the former and not the latter.

If you go go to the same bar or restaurant and your critiquing what they're making in the hopes of making it better or at least giving feedback so they know you're dissatisfied because they asked you for your opinion and you've paid for the privilege of providing it then you're actually doing what you were told while at the same time doing what you paid for as a customer to actually do.

Also, @Calfredd addressed this point too.

I don't know if you noticed, but you are in the bar complaining about people complaining.

Then I wager you have a problem too, no? : ) Thus I got to ask, why is that is everyone else that needs to change to accommodate you? I said it before, and I'll say it again, this is just one of the countless platforms you can use for discussion, if you can only tolerate a specific type of opinion you have platforms with policy's to accommodate those needs already.

Can you quote me some of those ”borderline toxic messages” please?

But it's odd that you seem to have a problem with my posts, but not with the guy that even got infracted for flaming that I've been replying to ^^; But hey, talking about “recent posts”, at least I'm not the one calling other people “toxic dicks” and “crying children” for doing or saying things that I disapprove of
    Ahahahaha!

I don't know if you noticed, but you are in the bar complaining about people complaining.

Then I wager you have a problem too, no? : ) Thus I got to ask, why is that is everyone else that needs to change to accommodate you? I said it before, and I'll say it again, this is just one of the countless platforms you can use for discussion, if you can only tolerate a specific type of opinion you have platforms with policy's to accommodate those needs already.

Can you quote me some of those ”borderline toxic messages” please?

But it's odd that you seem to have a problem with my posts, but not with the guy that even got infracted for flaming that I've been replying to ^^; But hey, talking about “recent posts”, at least I'm not the one calling other people “toxic dicks” and “crying children” for doing or saying things that I disapprove of
    The difference is that I have 5 posts in this thread, while you have 329 .
    It's ok, I get it, you enjoy conflict. Stay in the thread, harp more on the game.
    If this gives you pleasure, then who am I to object?
    How about this - I check back again in this thread in a year, to see if you are still here being combative? Just as a personal experiment to us both!

It's ok, I get it, you enjoy conflict. Stay in the thread, harp more on the game.
    How about this - I check back again in this thread in a year, to see if you are still here being combative? Just as a personal experiment to us both!
    And kenn has 1357 and Anderson has 1141. What's your fucking point? Thanks for being a moderator on this site though, there are so few of them these days that it really helps...oh...wait.

Yup the only people causing conflict in this thread are those that are critical of the game. No way at all it would be people on the other side also contributing with conflict and more toxic posts per capita than..you know what fuck it. You're not worth the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, the people saying the "toxic posters" in here are not worth any time... spend all of their time in this thread arguing with them.

Curious.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Oddly enough, the people saying the "toxic posters" in here are not worth any time... spend all of their time in this thread arguing with them.

Curious.
    imo Anyone who has about 50% of their post count in this thread alone is toxic.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2022-11-02 at 05:28 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    There'd also be wayyyy less to argue about if the few people constantly posting "only positive" stuff about the game actually were able to acknowledge its faults as part of their 'discussion.' Because, quite frankly, that's what the arguments are about. They aren't about the game itself - they are about the fact that the 2-3 posters 'always posting' refuse to acknowledge ANY FAULT with this game. NONE. They won't say it, they won't identify anything, they won't even agree that something could be a little bit off.

And that just makes for absolutely no ability for ANYONE to actually have a REAL DISCUSSION here about this game. AND THAT is why people argue back - to try and get the 'shills' to admit anything at all might be 'not the best' with the game, how long its taken, how the money is spent, how its earned, ANYTHING. And people are arguing with THAT - and not about the game itself.

Which of the following two types of people are you more likely to engage in a discussion with:

The person sitting across from you insisting everything about your viewpoint is 100% wrong and has no merit at all to stand on.
    The person sitting across from you still thinks you're probably wrong, but also acknowledges the points you are making as good points and discusses those differences in view. They still may disagree at the end, but both are acknowledged to have made points.

Unfortunately, the "only Pro"-Star Citizen posters we see the most often in this thread (both of them) are of the first type, and not the second.

Its actually tested and proven psych theory - that if you're trying to help convince someone to your point of view, or your 'side', it is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE to be able to talk about your side's problems and flaws to acknolwedge (as everything and every side has them) than to just dump "all the wonderful" of your side without any of the "not so great" (or even less helpful - denying the not so great even exists!). You convince more people by showing a middle ground approach, for example, than being a die-hard supporter of one side or the other.

You are also most likely to bring people to your side if you are able to include the points they *already agree with* as part of your convincing. So, for example, a Pro-Star-Citizen supporter is much more likely to convince a 50/50 person to try the game out if they don't just dump "all positive youtube commentary" at them, but instead, say something like "While it has taken way longer than expected to get a fully functioning game..." or "While I don't really agree with all their MTX decisions to generate money..." (something that probably most people can say about ANY MTX game - 'not fully agreeing with').

But none of the major pro-SC posters here do any of that. They argue and insult with people who disagree and only insist on a 100% Pro-SC "Never done anything wrong ever and never will" position which is just unrealistic to maintain - about anything in life. This shuts down actual, productive, discussion where they may actually convince people to give things a try despite their reservations or resistance to what they see as 'sketch' about this game's development. The way they present their information and choose to argue about it actually does the opposite of their stated intent - because of /how/ they do it. (the Toxic Positivity)

Except for ONE poster who is a regular contributor and the only poster in this thread I find actually informative and helpful, is Val the Moofia. He is able to post what he enjoyed about the game, while also able to acknowledge what ultimately disappointed him about all this and why he stepped back again. He's able to be positive and talk about what works/worked - but he's ALSO able to say "this crap over here though - that's not cool." He actually answers new inquiries about 'what is this game like now' with REAL talk about his experiences - good AND bad - and so his picture comes off as a more realistic description of real expectations as well as real 'negatives' that ALL PLAYERS expect games to have.

Every post I've read of his here is that same balance of 'good and bad' that he experienced. Seems more descriptive of a real game in the real world - which all have pros and cons - and a poster's genuine effort to give his 'full experience' opinion to those that are asking. He may not see himself as 'Pro SC" necessarily, but I actually do - because he comes across as a real person with normal, real person, opinions about something that IS a mixed bag. (Like all of reality is.) He's not setting any new player up for failure by promising them something that doesn't exist yet - he's telling them his exact experiences, good and bad, and why he did, or didn't like it. But there are actual things he DID like, and he did NOT like.

The "other" Big Two pro-SC posters only come across as living in a fantasy world where a game exists that has no flaws, no negatives, and they only agree with every single thing the company has ever done. These posters don't come across as playing a real world game because no such game actually exists. Because they are unable to even acknowledge the simplest of problems with SC, they don't come across as genuine gamers looking to express their opinion - they come across as "Shills". They lessen the importance, the impact, or the relevance of ANYTHING they say because they are unable to - even when directly asked - mention even one thing they don't agree with - and that is what comes off as 'impossibly unrealistic'. It defies all logic and proven communication theory to try and make their point this way - but here we are, 830 pages later, and they are still doing that same 'sell job' and denying there's anything wrong, ever, with anything about this game or this company.

And the old or new posters to the thread having 'fits' because that sort of stance is just delusional and works against the exact thing these posters claim to want - to build up the game. So time and again you see people NOT ARGUING about the actual bad AND GOOD of the live game - but arguing with the posters who want to claim that this is a perfect company and perfect product and if we just had more faith we will all see how this will all be perfect!

I just wish they'd realize that a single paragraph of each 'shill job' acknowledging the actual, real, valid, concerns people have about the way this company has done business for the last decade, or the BUGGY state of the game that IS the reality of gameplay -- would do soooo much more to convince people to try the game then post after post of nothing but 'here's more people who love it and why you are all wrong for not loving it!'

But that's not what happens. So the two 'shill' posters keep shooting themselves in the foot and arguing over an impossible state of reality for 800 pages - and Val the Moofia contributes the rare post of an "actual player with realistic commentary" on the game that is actually informative and helpful.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

329 posts, and I'm still waiting for you to quote a few of these “borderline toxic“ ones.
    But, what's the limit then? How many posts can you make until it's not “ok”?

I don't know, you tell me... I mean, you say that I enjoy conflict, meanwhile you just butted in into a thread just to “suggest” people that they should just fuck off because you disapprove of their behavior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You are preaching about my “aggressive” post history, when just recently you've been calling people “dicks” and “crying children” on other threads over stuff you simply do not approve of... and funnily enough, you seem to be ok with the people that have been in this thread for years directly insulting other users with the objective of shutting down discussions on very specific topics.

Don't get me wrong, I already openly admitted that I'm just here for the shit and giggles, I'm far from being an exemplary user and that's not even remotely close to what I'm trying to suggest here, but I've just been over this shit with MrAnderson for the past 20 bloody pages, if you are going to try to shit on others over their behaviors and posts don't forget to take your own into consideration, telling yourself that in your case was “totally justified!” is cute and all, but doesn't really put you above those you criticize.

… and what will that prove exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That one poor dude that made an account here just to make one question about the project:
    Ahahahaha!

Even more if they created account to solely post in this thread, well after 10 quick posts in other threads so they could start their career in posting by linking things after 10 posts. *coughAndersoncough*

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference between Retaliator and Eclipse? Both have size 9 torpedoes, right?
    Wondering which one is better for chain ERTs.
    Oneshotting Hammerhead seems like a cool idea
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    What's the difference between Retaliator and Eclipse? Both have size 9 torpedoes, right?
    https://fleetyards.net/ships/compare...%5B%5D=eclipse

There ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Even more if they created account to solely post in this thread, well after 10 quick posts in other threads so they could start their career in posting by linking things after 10 posts. *coughAndersoncough*

Hey! Ah fuck it, fair enough.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-11-02 at 08:36 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    While yes he was one, he's not the only 1 I'm talking about.

That one poor dude that made an account here just to make one question about the project:
    I had 3 people in mind when I stated that, but in reality only 2 actually fit that description.

I get it. You want to claim you are doing good for people bringing attention to how bad SC is and all that, but in reality you are only here to argue with 2 people.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    The Retailator is a large ship and thus guzzles feel while the Eclipse is a relatively small ship and is more fuel efficient. If you want to farm ERTs with torpedoes then get the Eclipse as you will have a higher profit margin. Also, if you botch your torpedo pass and get blown up, you can respawn the Eclipse pretty quickly while you will be waiting a long while to use the Retailator again. The Eclipse is a small ship and is way more maneuverable. Maneuvering around a space station or a city hanger to refuel and rearm is way quicker, so you get more kills per hour. Taking the Retailator only makes sense if you are trying to blow up a capital ship, but right now the only capital ships ingame are the NPC Javelins and the Bengals and they only spawn during certain for a few days each year, and the devs made the Bengal unkillable.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-11-03 at 01:19 AM.

I had 3 people in mind when I stated that, but in reality only 2 actually fit that description.

I get it. You want to claim you are doing good for people bringing attention to how bad SC is and all that, but in reality you are only here to argue with 2 people.
    Lol! No, no, no, I never claimed such nor is my intention to do so...

However, I guess you are not far from right in that last part.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm far from an exemplary user here, I'm mostly in for shit and giggles and this thread is just filled with shiny golden nuggets of pure free entertainment, it's probably true that if it wasn't for those 2 people most likely I wouldn't even be here, but hell, I'll go even further and say that if it wasn't for those other 2 this thread would be dead years ago.

Now, I don't even think SC is all that bad, there is a lot of good stuff I can say about it, I love the ship controls and designs, the community in general (that keeps getting a shit reputation thanks to a few extreme individuals in it) is super chill and extremely helpful, a lot of the ideas do sound very interesting, and graphically, it's fairly decent, although I fear that considering the time it's taking to develop, by the time it (if) releases it will be vastly overshadowed by the other engines.

Now, I don't “hate” CiG or it's backers, sure as fuck I'm not going out there “attacking” them, shit, I play video games with people on a daily basis that are Star Citizen backers, one of them has a friend that went in debt after spending over 10,000$ on the damned thing due his “gotta catch them all” sort mentality, and that's sort of where I have a problem with CiG, and don't get me wrong, MrAnderson isn't wrong when he says that that these people are old enough to decide how and where they spend their money, but let's not pretend that the company doesn't know exactly what its doing There is a reason why they have 40,000$ spaceship packs paywalled behind a thousand dollar concierge membership, it's the same principle as mobile gaming monetization schemes, it's that fat and juicy 1%.

That sprinkled with the fact that the lead-developer is constantly over embellishing what his actually capable of delivering, while distributing high paying positions inside the company to multiple family its just very... fascinating. Now, did I ever believed that anything I'll do or say will change shit? Lol! Fuck no! These dudes will be printing money for years still with zero liability attached. Personally wouldn't really call it a scam, however, I can't blame anyone else for doing so.
    Ahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! No, no, no, I never claimed such nor is my intention to do so...

However, I guess you are not far from right in that last part.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm far from an exemplary user here, I'm mostly in for shit and giggles and this thread is just filled with shiny golden nuggets of pure free entertainment, it's probably true that if it wasn't for those 2 people most likely I wouldn't even be here, but hell, I'll go even further and say that if it wasn't for those other 2 this thread would be dead years ago.

Now, I don't even think SC is all that bad, there is a lot of good stuff I can say about it, I love the ship controls and designs, the community in general (that keeps getting a shit reputation thanks to a few extreme individuals in it) is super chill and extremely helpful, a lot of the ideas do sound very interesting, and graphically, it's fairly decent, although I fear that considering the time it's taking to develop, by the time it (if) releases it will be vastly overshadowed by the other engines.

Now, I don't “hate” CiG or it's backers, sure as fuck I'm not going out there “attacking” them, shit, I play video games with people on a daily basis that are Star Citizen backers, one of them has a friend that went in debt after spending over 10,000$ on the damned thing due his “gotta catch them all” sort mentality, and that's sort of where I have a problem with CiG, and don't get me wrong, MrAnderson isn't wrong when he says that that these people are old enough to decide how and where they spend their money, but let's not pretend that the company doesn't know exactly what its doing There is a reason why they have 40,000$ spaceship packs paywalled behind a thousand dollar concierge membership, it's the same principle as mobile gaming monetization schemes, it's that fat and juicy 1%.

That sprinkled with the fact that the lead-developer is constantly over embellishing what his actually capable of delivering, while distributing high paying positions inside the company to multiple family its just very... fascinating. Now, did I ever believed that anything I'll do or say will change shit? Lol! Fuck no! These dudes will be printing money for years still with zero liability attached. Personally wouldn't really call it a scam, however, I can't blame anyone else for doing so.
    Maybe, there were other people that posted here regularly too, but left when, for lack of a better description (don't mean this insultingly) people like you came in. They got sick of hearing the same 2 arguments over and over(same ones being repeated to this day)

it's chris roberts.
    it's taking too long.

99.9999999% of complaints boil down to that.

I think you will find aside from 2 people in this thread most backers are like me. We bought in with a small package, knowing Chris Roberts history, knowing they game may never release, knowing things were still being added to goals when I purchased.

I also never accused you of anything but wanting to come in here an argue with Kenn and Anderson. I didn't accuse of you hating or attacking anything.