Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Monk & evoker.

Get your eastern fantasy meme race out of my western game (though, honestly, the QUALITY of the zones and content from MoP always seemed high).
    Evoker is fucking stupid as well. We don't need another definitely-not-a-mage that is tied to being a fucking dragon race.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Removing classes would be the single worst decision in WoW history. If there's a class, there's somebody who mains it. Many people who main it. If anything, add more specializations for every class. Removing content is removing the game. Removing classes is removing content. Removing classes is, thusly, removing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Remove the following:
    - Holy Paladin
    - Resto Shaman
    - Disc Priest
    - Mistweaver Monk
    You forgot Resto Druid, Holy Priest and Preservation Evoker. Healers are overrated, anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

i wouldnt remove the classes, i would change specs quite a lot though

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be insane of Blizzard to remove any classes. I think there are too many classes but I would never be in favor of depriving people of classes that would have been their main for years. Fucking insane to even think about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Demon hunter. Vengeance didn't add anything new to tanks and havoc is a rogue with eye beam. I get the visual appeal and people wanting to play as illidan, but in my opinion the way the class turned out isn't good.

Also sublety even though its a specc. It never had a real identity other than "pvp cause more cc". They kinda had something good going in legion when it had a lot of shadowdamage but its usually combat with daggers or assassination without poisons.
    I literally could not disagree more when it comes to Demon Hunters. Vengeance plays completely differently than the other tanks. I used to tank on a Prot Paladin and they changed that so much that I don't really enjoy it any more. If they got rid of DHs I probably would quit, at this point, because I don't enjoy the other tank classes. I think DH is a great class. It's an enormous amount of fun with a lot of different playstyles available with the new talent system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    You forgot Resto Druid, Holy Priest and Preservation Evoker. Healers are overrated, anyways.
    Dammit, I did forget Holy Priest and Preservation Evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    So a warlock then?
    Warlocks should stick to being about demons, Destro Lock is a fire mage rn, make all Destro locks have fel fire/green fire and Afflick is what Necromancer should have, honestly Aff and Unholy DK could be combined into the necromancer

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Dammit, I did forget Holy Priest and Preservation Evoker.
    I see what you did there, you sly plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It would be insane of Blizzard to remove any classes. I think there are too many classes but I would never be in favor of depriving people of classes that would have been their main for years. Fucking insane to even think about it.
    exactly the reverse. its insane to NOT take things away. if you keep adding things you wind up making players overpowered and the content trivial, and players get bored and leave. that was the lesson between diablo and diablo 2. d2 took a ton of things away and it was worlds better for it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Could be just me but the whole monk class (including aspects of MoP) felt just like a PR stunt from Blizzard towards China. Would not miss that class if it was gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxTheGamer View Post
    Death Knights, It'd prefer Necromancers honestly.
    DKs and DHs are redundant - one of those could be removed.

Apart from that there are flavour reasons for keeping the rest.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    Obviously they won’t actually do it but it’s fun to talk about.

Number of classes and specs is far too bloated.
    Maybe thats why wow has survived so long? the fact it has less classes than EVERY other MMO on the market?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    oh ffs ya'll

REMOVING SHIT FROM WOW SHOULDN'T HAPPEN
    outside of limited time challenges that are advertised as such obviously to anyone paying attention like the mage tower, i agree 100% with this. something like the brutosaur that wasn't made clear it was limited time from the get go is dumb BS and should be brought back. if i had known that the brutosaur was only going to be available during bfa, i would've started doing more to casually earn gold and save up.

Not a fan of monks in any kind of rpg, but at least they have some fantasy elements going for them.

Warriors on the other hand are just bland. I wouldn't miss them at all. Instead give me a properly themed berserker/barbarian class.

Oh and they can keep evoker as well.. give me a proper storm mage spec instead of adding a 4th god damn fire caster spec... 'effin wankers at blizzard.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-11-03 at 05:26 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I dont mind any of the classes but im going with monk and evoker.
    I dont mind the fantasy of each but they dont deserve classes as they are both niche fantasies and we are missing far more robust fantasies in the game.

Monk for instance could just be a skin for other classes like a rogue that has a glyph for unarmed animation or enhance shaman for an elementalist monk or whatever.
    Also the class is far too tied in to pandaren, its jarring and annoying, and the brewmaster fantasy is ridiculous, being a drunkard isnt a superpower.

I havent played evoker much but the concept is more race than class. I dislike it for that.

Personally though i think the game should move away from classes and into schools of magic that cross armor classes.
    Light for example would include paladins and priests, chaos would include demon hunters and warlocks, death would include death knights and add in dark ranger and necromancer as single specs

There are a bunch of other classes that players want that dont deserve a full class but are begging for space to be added, and then there are redundant specs that overlap too much like holy paladin and holy priest. Id like to see redundant specs merged and more space created for more unique specs.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Most of the liberal arts classes can go, they're objectively worthless, and create more debt for the degree holder than they'll ever make in income long term. Also, the bard class can kick rocks. never understood the need.
    You do understand that without those, you would not have the gaming you have, nice buildings, nice cars, phones... design is in everything.

--------

Back on topic. None..

Demon Hunters.
    The real demon hunters used to be Paladins. ("Consecration" stunned undead and demons, among other abilities that did additional damage to such)

Paladins were the original demon hunters and should remain so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxTheGamer View Post
    Death Knights, It'd prefer Necromancers honestly.
    No, none should be removed.
    But I do like to see more classes, like the Necromancer and to me, a necromancer should be a cloth wearing class, like the warlock.

Also more races in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Monks. I feel they stick out like a sore thumb in the bunch of classes we have and I don't like any of their specs.
    I think Monks are fine, I just think that their animations are not that exciting. Like, compare FF14 Monk just in style with Wows Monk, the fighting stance alone is so much better for the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Oh and they can keep evoker as well.. give me a proper storm mage spec instead of adding a 4th god damn fire caster spec... 'effin wankers at blizzard.
    I mean Elemental is right there complete with Chain Lightning, Thunderstorm and Lasso... if you dislike the meatballs you can go Enhancement for a stronger wind theme (melee but still 'casts' lightning and Elemental Blast).

I'd love to have a water mage spec though, wish Blizzard would make Naga Sea Witches a thing.