Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The 12 month subscription bundle should just include the Base Edition of Dragonflight.

What were they thinking? to asking you sub to DF for 12 months but you have to buy the content that is even being released on top of that $150 or whatever? strange.

First time I ever purchased a 3 month bundle was the SL release, and I barely used two of those before total burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    The 12 month subscription bundle should just include the Base Edition of Dragonflight.

What were they thinking? to asking you sub to DF for 12 months but you have to buy the content that is even being released on top of that $150 or whatever? strange.

First time I ever purchased a 3 month bundle was the SL release, and I barely used two of those before total burnout.
    I believe the line of thought went something like this: "People are buying 6 month subs, why not offer 12 month subs?" Surprisingly, Blizzard sometimes simply offers players options without some weird ulterior motive. Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Netflix doesn't offer a 1 year model because their service is too good to quit.
    They have though. Multiple times, and for a while. A few years back I bought a 1 year sub for my parents.

They might have discontinued it at some point, but it most certainly isn't because they're "too good to quit".

Disney+ still currently offers a 1 year subscription option.
    I'm sure Netflix will pop up with one again closer to Christmas

I'm running the 6 month sub because it's cheapest. It's renewing in April, if by then we don't have 10.1 or a release date which is very close by I'm going to unsub.
    There is no way they can have me secure them a full year of sub with a FOMO marketing on some silly skeleton reuse mount. But more importantly I don't think any subscription plan is worth it the 1 patch per year we had in Shadowlands. They have to try harder to get an annual sub from me and I wish people would value content release over mounts they add among hundreds of others and forget they ever existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I believe the line of thought went something like this: "People are buying 6 month subs, why not offer 12 month subs?" Surprisingly, Blizzard sometimes simply offers players options without some weird ulterior motive. Who knew.
    I can't tell if this is a brainwashed or sarcastic comment.

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    I can't tell if this is a brainwashed or sarcastic comment.
    Hey boss, just because you can't see the value in something doesn't mean other people don't either. This is neither sarcasm nor brainwashing.

1+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should do lifetime subs for $5,000. You get subbed to wow forever AND get all the mounts ever made for promotional reasons. The whales will swallow that thing whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't really get the incentive myself. I get the three and six month sub as it saves you money...why does the year sub not do the same?

I find it weird that they would try to copy paste the same discount from the six month sub onto it. Increase the savings at the very least if you want people to bite. If a six month is roughly a 30% discount over monthly make a year sub 40-50% over buying monthly.
    Yeah, I agree that's a mistake. It should be approximately a month's subscription lower than the six-month one. But like we talked before, cosmetics are not enought of a reason for me to commit to anything long term. It may well be that Blizzard has the market research that tells them that just adding more cosmetics is enough. They make choices. So do we if we're smart. So it goes.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Netflix doesn't offer a 1 year model because their service is too good to quit. Blizz knows they can get a few suckers who will quit playing after 20-30 hours.

To the people who DO play WoW all year, year after year, looks like Christmas came early for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I do work in marketing and no one tries 1 year subs because only no one would pay for something a year in advance. WoW demographic is perfect for Blizzards monitization strats. Pay $150+ upfront + $60+ for the box. So 200+ big boys for a mount. They then rationalize it by telling themselves they are saving money by spending $200 bucks. Beautiful.
    You live under a rock or something? Tons of services offer annual subscriptions prime, audible, marvel unlimited, even wow has had a annual option for over 10 years Mabye wows while life.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Sweet Jesus, they...thought players might...want this and...offered it to them...holy shit...Someone call the fbi

The fact that people are upset over this, to me, shows that they either

1) just want to hate on Blizz (hello MMO-Champion weirdos who literally just hang out here to hate on WoW for some strange reason)
    2) Want the mounts but don't want to or are unable to spend that much money up front

I literally cannot see any other reasons people would be upset. There's still month to month. There's still tokens for gold. There's still 6 month and 3 month subs. I don't understand why people are upset about MORE options.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Apparently a new 1 year plan that includes the murloc mount is out.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.

And no you are not being too negative. Keep in mind you are speaking to gamers here who are mostly WoW oriented. Anything you speak to them about without agreeing with them about WoW is going to look like it is negative.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    And no you are not being too negative. Keep in mind you are speaking to gamers here who are mostly WoW oriented. Anything you speak to them about without agreeing with them about WoW is going to look like it is negative.
    Hi, are you new to the forum? This forum is about 75% haters and 15% people who are playing right now but won't be around in a year (probably me) and 10% die hards.

Yes, I see your 7 year badge, yes that's sarcasm. The point stands.

Seeing as how I've had a constant WoW sub since 2010, this seems fine.

I understand why those that don't play would be upset though.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizz is saying it's the same money per month. You just get more mounts from 12 than you get from 6 and 6.
    Then i'll just think about it. I am on 6months sub already, and i know i'm gonna play, i'll probably getbit because mounts for "free"
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i'll probably getbit because mounts for "free"
    I'm guessing that's part of their intention with all this. As long as you actually play the 12 months you pay for, it's a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Sweet Jesus, they...thought players might...want this and...offered it to them...holy shit...Someone call the fbi

The fact that people are upset over this, to me, shows that they either

1) just want to hate on Blizz (hello MMO-Champion weirdos who literally just hang out here to hate on WoW for some strange reason)
    2) Want the mounts but don't want to or are unable to spend that much money up front

I literally cannot see any other reasons people would be upset. There's still month to month. There's still tokens for gold. There's still 6 month and 3 month subs. I don't understand why people are upset about MORE options.
    Here's why I'm upset. Instead of playing wow for a year last year. I quit. Using that suddenly available 2-3 free hours a day I learned Japanese. Now I can read and speak Japanese fluently. Next year, instead of giving Activision-Blizzard $300 and hundreds of hours of my precious life, I'm going to travel Japan.

I was addicted for years and I want to help others escape too. Blizz uses every psychological trick in the book to make players into addicted consumers and it makes me angry. So I write about it here.

15yrs ago, I was playing as nonstop as I could. A 1 year subscription would have had me shrugging.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's why I'm upset. Instead of playing wow for a year last year. I quit. Using that suddenly available 2-3 free hours a day I learned Japanese. Now I can read and speak Japanese fluently. Next year, instead of giving Activision-Blizzard $300 and hundreds of hours of my precious life, I'm going to travel Japan.

I was addicted for years and I want to help others escape too. Blizz uses every psychological trick in the book to make players into addicted consumers and it makes me angry. So I write about it here.
    Bro IDK if you know, but having random strangers call you names and saying you are addicted, does not infact get those people to realize they are addicted and stop doing such, usually that ends up cementing peoples addictions more cause "this random asshole is telling me to quit, hes just dumbass"
    like if someone is addicted, a random person on the internet forum is not going to convince them to quit...

so all you do is really feed your own addiction, even if you are not playing, here you are letting it live rent free in your head, and waste your time trying to convince others to not play it. You say you kicked your addiction, yet here you are, still talking about it and dealing with it.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-11-04 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bro IDK if you know, but having random strangers call you names and saying you are addicted, does not infact get those people to realize they are addicted and stop doing such, usually that ends up cementing peoples addictions more cause "this random asshole is telling me to quit, hes just dumbass"
    like if someone is addicted, a random person on the internet forum is not going to convince them to quit...

so all you do is really feed your own addiction, even if you are not playing, here you are letting it live rent free in your head, and waste your time trying to convince others to not play it. You say you kicked your addiction, yet here you are, still talking about it and dealing with it.
    I played WoW for over 10 years. It's not gonna leave my head lol. If I played piano for 10 years, I wouldn't just forget it.

It's not a waste of my time either. You're on this forum instead of doing anything else. So am I because this is fun. Communicating is fun and human. Way more community here than in the actual world of warcraft.

I know you're not going to quit. I don't want you to. You're enjoying your life and I'm happy for you. I'm writing to the silent majority reading these posts. Maybe someone on the fence will decide to study math, language or a sport or music or take care of their kids or do ANYTHING else besides give a giant Chinese corporation (Activision) more of their money and time. And that person may end up happier just like I did.

You're smart, well written. Don't take it personal that some people don't like WoW. Some people don't like the New York Knicks. You just gotta live with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    a giant Chinese corporation (Activision) more of their money and time.
    Activision isn't a Chinese corporation. Tencent only owns 5% of Activision Blizzard and that is soon to be zero. Or at least whatever percent they own of Microsoft. There is no reason to spread misinformation just because you are no longer happy with Blizzard/WoW. You say you've moved on and want to encourage others to do so as well while also showing that you haven't yet let go.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."