Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Overwatch 2 - Halloween Terror 2022

Overwatch 2 - Halloween Terror 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It's time to celebrate another year of fear: Halloween Terror is returning to Overwatch! Get ready for a shock, because this event introduces the next chapter in the saga of the devious Dr. Junkenstein through our all-new, limited time co-op mission, Junkenstein's Revenge: Wrath of the Bride.

Return to Adlersbrunn alongside four fresh faces to experience an all-new story as the Bride of Junkenstein seeks vengeance upon those responsible for the death of her creator. As we near the anniversary of the mad doctor's revenge, learn more about this year’s event directly from the desk of the Lord of Adlersbrunn.

Complete challenges to unlock special rewards like the Nightfall Over Adlersbrunn Name Card, the Jack-o'-Lantern Weapon Charm, Battle Pass XP, and other spine-tingling rewards. Dr. Junkenstein himself will also be making a grand reappearance in the original Junkenstein's Revenge co-op Brawl, returning for a limited time to Halloween Terror 2022.

From October 25 until November 9, join your fellow heroes to confront a host of haunting horrors as you seek to safeguard Eichenwalde— or fall to the Bride’s retribution.

No tricks, only treats

Unlock even more spooky rewards during Halloween Terror by watching your favorite streamers on Twitch! Starting October 25 through November 1 at 11:00 a.m. PDT, all channels streaming under the Overwatch 2 category will have terrifically terrifying Twitch drops.

Viewers can earn the following rewards at:

• 2 hours watched: Werewolf Winston Spray
    • 4 hours watched: Werewolf Winston Legendary Skin

Don’t forget to connect your Twitch account through Battle.net to earn your rewards. Players who changed their password since the last campaign need to sign into their account again to claim future Twitch drops. The Halloween Terror Twitch drops are also available on all platforms, and participating regions include North America, Europe, Latin America, Australia/New Zealand, Taiwan, Korea, and Southeast Asia.

Destiny calls, fortune follows

Along with the haunting holiday events, we’re running a Double Match XP weekend starting October 28-31 as we follow through on our promise from launch week. All players who login to Overwatch 2 from the start of the Halloween Terror event through the end of Season One will also receive the Cursed Captain Reaper Legendary Skin and the Health Pack Weapon Charm.

Of course, the fun doesn’t stop there. Earn the Werewolf Winston item drops while watching your favorite Overwatch 2 Twitch creators and unlock more free rewards through crushing special Junkenstein challenges throughout Halloween Terror.

We’re expanding on the story of Junkenstein’s Revenge through Wrath of the Bride and adding spooky new skins and bundles to the Overwatch Shop. We look forward to sharing in all the fearsome festivities in Overwatch 2’s first Halloween Terror event running October 25 through November 9!

Face the wrath of the Bride—if you dare.

If they're going to recycle Halloween skins as the twitch reward, they should have just gave a token for a Halloween skin of your choice instead.

A shame, but I doubt they'll change it at this point.

If you start now, you'll be able to buy one of these skins by next year with in-game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If you start now, you'll be able to buy one of these skins by next year with in-game currency.
    And if you started last year, 80% of them still could have been earned in game!

That's what really gets me frustrated honestly, make new skins and sell them, fine.

Take old skins and now make them only on the shop? Yeah no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And if you started last year, 80% of them still could have been earned in game!

That's what really gets me frustrated honestly, make new skins and sell them, fine.

Take old skins and now make them only on the shop? Yeah no.
    Yeah, you'd probably get all of them because the Halloween boxes had a high chance to drop the skins. I get that it didn't make Blizz money and I wouldn't be bothered if they scaled it back in their favor, but letting the player earn one or two of the high profile items in an event would be pretty acceptable.

It's amazing that OW1 had the best shop system for players with the lootbox that were downright generous. And now OW2 is the worst pay mtx system I've ever seen in a game.

Even ignoring the precedent that there were earnable skins from holiday events, events in other Battle Pass games often include a free outfit or two to earn in addition to what you can buy.

Absolutely wild/hilarious that people keep asking for the lootboxes to return since they felt more rewarding than the current system. Wondering if they'll respond to the feedback or if this is just how holiday events will roll from hereon out.

Remember when you could earn the skins from lootboxes by playing the game? Well now you have to watch 4 hours of a livestreamer to get ONE skin and every other skin is going to cost you real money.

I do not know how anyone can defend this game. There is literally zero incentive for f2p players to keep playing the game.

Rich that they're headlining one of the paragraphs "No tricks, only treats". Mmm-hm.

I do enjoy Overwatch 2, but had I not played Overwatch 1 I probably wouldn’t even give OW2 a chance. The battlepass system and the way they handle the skins and unlocks is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I used to get excited for events.

Now...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Man I used to get excited for events.

Now...sigh.
    I wouldn't even call it an event. ONE free skin and spray with everything else costing money. OW2 is basically a fucking mobile game now with how shitty the monetization is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I wouldn't even call it an event. ONE free skin and spray with everything else costing money. OW2 is basically a fucking mobile game now with how shitty the monetization is.
    and its the first PVE event in their big massive PVE OW2 lmao - games a shit show
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    and its the first PVE event in their big massive PVE OW2 lmao - games a shit show
    The PvE part of overwatch 2 isn't even out yet and has been delayed, as said multiple times.

I'm all for criticism, when it actually makes sense and isn't moving the eyes away from the actual issues

15+ Year Old Account
    Best part was the x2 XP bonus which conveniently didnt apply to challenges XP which is the 90% bulk of the XP gained
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Did the new PvE map like... twice. Felt zero reason to do it again.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

im gona say that they didnt balance the mode in legendary specialy considering its a mode that you are advised to not be in melle range yet one of the heroes whole kit is being melle range and pulling shit to melle range
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    To earn rewards, watch stream or pay money... what the fuck happened to playing the fucking game? I don't get nothing by playing the game anymore. Back in the days of loot boxes I'd play until my hearts content and usually get 80% of the new stuff they'd release by the time the event ends, now I am going to walk away with nothing. Outside of the battle pass that I will refuse to pay for, you earn nothing by playing. What's the fucking point of even playing the game to begin with? lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    To earn rewards, watch stream or pay money... what the fuck happened to playing the fucking game? I don't get nothing by playing the game anymore. Back in the days of loot boxes I'd play until my hearts content and usually get 80% of the new stuff they'd release by the time the event ends, now I am going to walk away with nothing. Outside of the battle pass that I will refuse to pay for, you earn nothing by playing. What's the fucking point of even playing the game to begin with? lol
    Pretty much. I bought the battle pass and had a pretty good time with the game. Then I hit lvl 80 and with that all incentive to keep playing was gone. I like how OW2 plays and presents, but the thing with live service is that you need that carrot constantly dangled in front of your face to go on. To keep building towards something, even if its as arbitrary as player level and the occasional loot box with potentially relevant rewards.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Pretty much. I bought the battle pass and had a pretty good time with the game. Then I hit lvl 80 and with that all incentive to keep playing was gone. I like how OW2 plays and presents, but the thing with live service is that you need that carrot constantly dangled in front of your face to go on. To keep building towards something, even if its as arbitrary as player level and the occasional loot box with potentially relevant rewards.
    Thats why I love playing games, if there is something that can be achieved by playing, I'll play until I get it, but if there's nothing to obtain or work towards what's the point, they just relegated everything that could be obtainable by playing by paying and/or watching streams. Do we not make games anymore?

If I wanted (and I wont) I could unlock everything I wanted without playing the game at all hardly. Want a new skin, > cash shop, want another new skin >watch a stream. lol

and I have no issue with twitch drops, thats fine, its a great way to support streamers, and its basically a free skin just by watching, so I cannot complain, but all of these unlocks just make the game redundant. Especially when the game itself rewards you with little to nothing in comparisons to the alternative.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-11-04 at 01:32 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Thats why I love playing games, if there is something that can be achieved by playing, I'll play until I get it, but if there's nothing to obtain or work towards what's the point, they just relegated everything that could be obtainable by playing by paying and/or watching streams. Do we not make games anymore?

If I wanted (and I wont) I could unlock everything I wanted without playing the game at all hardly. Want a new skin, > cash shop, want another new skin >watch a stream. lol

and I have no issue with twitch drops, thats fine, its a great way to support streamers, and its basically a free skin just by watching, so I cannot complain, but all of these unlocks just make the game redundant. Especially when the game itself rewards you with little to nothing in comparisons to the alternative.
    If the weekly gold rewards were equal to the reward potential of OW1's lootboxes it might be incentive enough, but as they are it's just insulting. And another thing, they require you to jump through hoops you might not like jumping through, where as OW1 allowed you to spend 100% of your time in modes you enjoyed.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.