Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    One of the wonders of the US legal system are workers pre-emptively suing Musk for the layoffs.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/twit...-idUSL4N3201CS

Note that this is an addition to the legal problem for firing the top executives "for cause".
    One additional bit on this -

The lawsuit reminds the court that Musk had previously laid off employees without notice at another company he owns, Tesla. A federal judge later ruled that Tesla must inform workers of the proposed class action lawsuit, as the termination agreements they had signed may have been misleading and caused them to waive their rights under federal law, Reuters reported at the time. Musk had dismissed that lawsuit as “trivial,” when commenting on the lawsuit at the Qatar Economic Forum organized by Bloomberg.
    This ain't the first time he's tried this shit and ended up in court.

Billionaires just don't think laws apply to them, because practically they really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You can't be serious? There isn't really such a thing as good or evil genes because the concepts of good and evil mainly relate to culture. So instead of thinking in terms of genetics you should be thinking in terms of memetics.
    of course im joking everyone knows its much closer to 98%

So Musk won the lottery with paypal and then just bought other companies he liked and hes finally hit a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Karma for what? Working for a company that was bought by a self-absorbed con-man?

Karma would be something like: a shithead who goes to a WoW fan forum to celebrate random tech employees losing their jobs (with chants of "based based based") getting fired themselves shortly after.
    Most Twitter employees should not have any immediate financial issues from getting laid off. According to LinkedIn, starting Twitter engineers compensation package include 11,000 restricted stock units which become unrestricted over a period of 4 years. At $54.30 per share that Musk paid for Twitter, that’s $597,300.

Furthermore, despite all the news about tech companies laying off people, IT sector unemployment in the Bay Area at 1.5% is pretty low. So far, it appears that as soon as they were laid off, people were finding new jobs in relatively short amount of time. Bay Area tech sector, even companies like Google and Apple, has high turnover rate anyway. Tech employees are always looking for the next big thing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Karma for what? Working for a company that was bought by a self-absorbed con-man?

Karma would be something like: a shithead who goes to a WoW fan forum to celebrate random tech employees losing their jobs (with chants of "based based based") getting fired themselves shortly after.
    Exactly....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Most Twitter employees should not have any immediate financial issues from getting laid off. According to LinkedIn, starting Twitter engineers compensation package include 11,000 restricted stock units which become unrestricted over a period of 4 years. At $54.30 per share that Musk paid for Twitter, that’s $597,300.

Furthermore, despite all the news about tech companies laying off people, IT sector unemployment in the Bay Area at 1.5% is pretty low. So far, it appears that as soon as they were laid off, people were finding new jobs in relatively short amount of time. Bay Area tech sector, even companies like Google and Apple, has high turnover rate anyway. Tech employees are always looking for the next big thing.
    So your pitch is that Twitter only has software engineers with high compensation packages and no one else? really? Also here's a thought maybe some of them liked working at twitter with the people there or aren't in a situation to look for a job right now. I still don't see the point in cheering at this when the billionaires in charge are walking away with the bag.

lol, the "context check" on his tweet is hilarious.

Also, why do Elon and so many people in his comments section simping for his attention hate capitalism? Because they always celebrate capitalism whenever they're the beneficiaries, but the second they realize capitalism doesn't always benefit them they suddenly discover a deep mistrust and dislike for the system.

Brilliant move.

Either he overrides the fact-checking, confirming the fears listed - or he keeps the own goal.

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...45204468871168

Gee, it sure seems like Elon is picking winners and losers and who gets to have "free speech" and who doesn't. Doesn't this conflict with his "stated goals" of making Twitter a "free speech" platform?

Edit: Yo, where'd that community fact-check on Elon's tweet go? WHY IS ELON CENSORING TWITTER AND DENYING PEOPLE FREE SPEECH?!
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-11-04 at 06:00 PM.

I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch as Musk turns $44bn into a puff of smoke. Then hopefully the corner of the internet that believes he's some kind of genuis will shut the fuck up for a while.

Got to admit, I didn't think even he'd be able to destroy Twitter this fast. Time to invest in all the startups just waiting to fill the gap in the digital ecosphere this is going to open up.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know man, doesn't seem very business savvy to whine how the company you just bought is massively losing revenue over advertisers abandoning the ship. And then blame said advertisers for trying to destroy free speech, because they dared to choose to leave and not continue do business on Twitter.

I guess one needs to be rich to understand these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't know man, doesn't seem very business savvy to whine how the company you just bought is massively losing revenue over advertisers abandoning the ship. And then blame said advertisers for trying to destroy free speech, because they dared to choose to leave and not continue do business on Twitter.

I guess one needs to be rich to understand these things.
    Maybe he shouldn't have fired the Chief Customer Officer and the Chief Marketing Officer this week? You think that might have been a bad idea? You know, the people actually trying to keep advertisers from fleeing as if they were Josh Hawley and the mob they incited was storming the Capitol building?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch as Musk turns $44bn into a puff of smoke. Then hopefully the corner of the internet that believes he's some kind of genuis will shut the fuck up for a while.

Got to admit, I didn't think even he'd be able to destroy Twitter this fast. Time to invest in all the startups just waiting to fill the gap in the digital ecosphere this is going to open up.
    Considering the people who praise him seem to actually think his plan is "taxing the rich", I don't have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Karma is a bitch
    What is that even supposed to mean?

How can he say content moderation hasn't changed, didn't they fire the person in charge of content moderation?
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2022-11-04 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

I am going to have to agree I thought Elon would take at least 1 year to get to this point the man is an overachiever.

If he ends up destroying twitter I hope he buys Tiktok next.

Elon Musk began firing hundreds of Twitter employees on Friday, four days before the midterm elections, including team members who police misinformation and malicious content.
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...3suobVfpQ&s=19

This is reckless or malicious.

Even if you are Musk stan, how is this making the platform better. At least have people in place, but no plans. Well, unless this was the plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Once more he is replying to this person. This person who swims in right wing politics from praising Hitler, banned off multiple platforms.

Amazing out of all his followers Elon is picking out these people and their grievances. If you think this is fine, I just ask if previous CEO did this you would be fine? The least previous did was never get this butt hurt and cry then run to the most extreme.

Oh btw shows who he looks too. Musk is in deep for the right wing. He is eating it up.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

What fuckin activists has he ever appeased other than the right wing shitlord cheering on his Twitter takeover because they were excited to be able to spam the N-word without worrying about getting a temp ban?

@Edge. Thanks for you post cause I'm coming in hot and heavy with Elon melting down and I don't want one long post.

Elon thinks his conspiracy thread along with it's homophobia and political violence is NOT the reason advertisers are leaving.

But You Know.....

Several advertisers paused their spending on Twitter on Friday amid growing fear that misinformation and hate speech would be allowed to proliferate on the platform under Elon Musk’s leadership. Musk blamed the advertising slump on pressure from activists.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!