Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd be down for a Warcraft movie if it was done in the same style as a classic, golden age of Hollywood film. If it's more modern cinema garbage then nah.
    Did you like the Warcraft movie? (Those of us who logged in back then got this promotional item, bro.)
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Horde_Strongbox
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Alliance_Strongbox

Edit: By the way, Henry Cavill is an Alliance player. Surprising, as I kind of thought most celebrities would favor the Horde (perhaps b/c most Blizzard employees are Horde?)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWUV3O2iP1I
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-11-07 at 12:37 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft fans obsession with this middling villain is baffling

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Give us an animated show... I don't think WoW's diverse cast of races will work in a live action field unless they go balls out with spending on it and even then alot of it will look horribly cheap... Something along the lines of Arcane will work better in Warcraft favour.

Hell give us this animation style from the team that did this...

At least it keeps WoW's more rough cartoony edge that I am more familiar with from the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Warcraft fans obsession with this middling villain is baffling
    While I do agree he is pretty over rated as a villain, what with being cliché even for the time Warcraft 3 came out, he's one of the more iconic villains WoW has had... which is funny in hindsight :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-11-06 at 11:14 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Did you like the Warcraft movie?
    I thought it was "okay", by which I mean that it's nowhere near as unusually bad as critics made it out to be. It was an average movie for modern Hollywood production, but I consider modern Hollywood movies to be crap. I consider the Warcraft movie to be slightly better than your average MCU schlock but I think superhero movies are absolutely bottom of the barrel so that isn't saying much. On a technical level the Orc CGI was great, perhaps the best looking CGI for an inhuman character after Avatar, but I found the story to be dull. Lots of Orcs sitting around pouting about killing people but they're going to do it anyway, and then the human side is also pretty meh. The king wasn't very kingly, not someone you wanted to see win. I never felt Lothar's connection to his son. Khadgar felt like a character from a completely different genre, not fitting into the story of an apprentice who reluctantly stood up to his master and helped a noble knight behead him. Medivh didn't feel threatening. Soundtrack was forgettable.

- - - Updated - - -

Disregarding that it's a modern Hollywood movie, I am puzzled as to why it took this long to release. The Warcraft movie came out 7 years after Warcraft reached its zenith in mainstream popularity. 2016 was way too late. Worse, this might have been their one and only shot at a Warcraft movie, and rather than try to deliver the most entertaining movie possible, they instead choose to create a dull set up movie, as if they were going to get more movies. That is putting the cart before the horse. You need a good movie for people to care about a long term movie franchise in the first place. Making a dull movie and thinking people will slog through it to see the "maybe better" sequels is a boneheaded idea. The movie should have been a self contained original story, or at least have adapted a story that wasn't as dull and could have been told in 90-120 minutes.

We need someone other than the male megan fox to do the role. Cavill has zero acting range other than emo brooding.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

when i saw Cody Fern in american horror story apocalypse he reminded me of arthas first
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

I would rather not have wow media of blizzard has narrative control over it. The short stories Tokyopop wrote were amazing and retroactively added a lot of lore to the game.

Sadly blizz didnt like other people playing with their toys and recalled the license because of it.

I'd rather any Warcraft film be done by Blizzard's in house CGI team TBH.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    Wouldn't Cavil make a better Illidain with make-up and his size?

Arthas is more a shorter, stocky smug guy. The guy who plays Homelander in The Boys might be a good Arthas!
    It would be a better choice I think, albeit he might be a bit old for the role. Arthas during WC3 is in his early twenties if memory serves. Anthony Starr is more than 45 years old. But in terms of personality, Homelander hits a bunch of notes that resonate with Arthas for sure.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I mean.... I can see it, but at this point what "imposing man" does Cavill not slot into....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    We need someone other than the male megan fox to do the role. Cavill has zero acting range other than emo brooding.
    Admittedly..... back when she was young enough for the role, she would have made one hell of a Bond girl opposite Cavill