Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should just make a currency for mounts its own thing, and completely detach it from equippable loot. This is going to result in a fair amount of completely unnecessary drama.

Whoever thought this was a good idea clearly doesn't understand that giving people motive to behave like assholes is going to result in people behaving like assholes, or they simply don't care that they're encouraging terrible behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only people making drama are the ones on online forums like here.

This is how it’ll actually go in game:

1. Item for mount drops
    2. Everyone eligible rolls Need/Greed/Pass
    3. Everyone who can push Need will push Need
    4. You either win the Need or don’t
    5. Move on with your game time to repeat another time.
    6. Optional step: moan about it before moving on to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why? If someone needs loot for transmog or this mount it's just as valid as someone needing an upgrade on their 10th alt who does no dmg anyways. Stop being entitled to loot, ffs.
    I'm not entitled. I totally understand and don't actually care that much about loot. I am however concerned about how much toxicity it's inevitably going to cause from people who care about their loot a whole lot. I've seen enough drama about who gets loot to not want more potential sources of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    So where does this leave people? Trade the item they already have and then hope it drops again to win it again?
    If you have the piece why do you need another?

The logic fallacy is questionable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    If you have the piece why do you need another?

The logic fallacy is questionable.
    If you trade it to the vendor for the mount...you no longer have the piece.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Yeah but in this case it's for cosmetics not performance

- - - Updated - - -

Billy is a normal raider fully geared
    He goes into lfr for this item
    He rolls need
    Jimmy is an lfr player
    He goes into lfr for all items
    He rolls need

No matter the roll Jimmy will always get the item over Billy because that's how the system works
    "But Jimmy deserves something for his time" Jimmy gets gold and vault progress

"So there's no way for people to get these items"
    There's multiple weeklies and alts
    Billy can’t roll need on items because he has a higher ilvl item equipped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    So where does this leave people? Trade the item they already have and then hope it drops again to win it again?
    Once the person has won the loot they can do whatever with it. They can trade it to whoever they want.

Honestly this system seems to be an alternative for simply vendoring old gear that you’ve replaced. As you replace gear going from normal to heroic to mythic you can either vendor for gold or vendor for mounts
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-11-06 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you trade it to the vendor for the mount...you no longer have the piece.
    Yes, but than you do not have the piece in you.

Again your logical fallacy is questionable.

If you have the piece on that toon than you do not need the piece

If you traded the piece for the mount already so you need it again. Than clearly you do not have the piece than need the item for your toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Yeah but in this case it's for cosmetics not performance

- - - Updated - - -

Billy is a normal raider fully geared
    He goes into lfr for this item
    He rolls need
    Jimmy is an lfr player
    He goes into lfr for all items
    He rolls need

No matter the roll Jimmy will always get the item over Billy because that's how the system works
    "But Jimmy deserves something for his time" Jimmy gets gold and vault progress

"So there's no way for people to get these items"
    There's multiple weeklies and alts
    Billy can never roll.

The new system will never allow billy to roll in lfr if he is wearing the same item at a higher ilvl.

You literally can not grief.

1. You can not roll on items you already have if that piece is lower ilvl.

2. You can not roll on 2 of the same piece regardless of ilvl.

3. You can not roll in a piece of gear if you already have it.
    Are you sure about the first one ? did sanctum heroic in my priest and i remember having the option to need on a 291 cloak while mine is 298, not sure 100%

It is still need/greed roll in lfr too. But you still can not grief. The new built in rules prevent people from doing this.

1. You can not roll on gear you already have
    2. You can not roll and get multiple copies of the same gear
    3. You can not roll on gear if you already have that piece as a higher ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

The new system can not be abused. With the new rules do not allow for abuse. Blizzard thought of it already.
    Point 3 is wrong, i was able to roll on a cloak from Shriekwing, and i have a 304 cloak equipped.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You just keep repeating that you engage in the exact same behavior ninjas do.
    Have you even been playing retail for the past years? Personal Loot has been a thing since Mists of Pandaria. There's no such thing as a "ninja" anymore. This isn't 2005 where you could switch to Master Looter mid-combat and give yourself all the loot and hearth out. That shit don't fly anymore. Not only does it not fly anymore, the game won't let you do something like that.

Tell me, do you care about the progress of every single player you come across? No... you don't. It's not logical to. If you're part of the same guild/community, all I've said goes out the window, but we're discussing PUGs. I think we both agree that an organised guild will find the best way to deal with these items that double as currency.

I will re-iterate another point you conveniently ignored. After looking it up, there are 8 bosses in Vault of the Incarnates. Each of those bosses (if Shadowlands is anything to go by) will drop anywhere between 8 and 12 pieces of loot. We're talking a minimum of 64 and a maximum of 96 different items. Add the bonus rare items that have a chance to drop, we're talking anywhere between 70 and 100 pieces of loot.

You really think TWO items, NECKLACES at that, not weapons, not trinkets, not tier tokens, not rings with bonus effects, but shitty necklaces from bosses 2 and 5 (so not even max item level) will cause drama? EVEN in a pug setting? Cause remember, this is what we're discussing, we're not discussing your views on me as a person. We're discussing if this system is successful. I say it is. It gives reason for Heroic/Mythic raiders to go boost weaker players in LFR. It gives reason for people to visit old content, when the new raid is out. It adds longevity to the content, because it stays relevant for the whole expansion (gear comes and goes, mounts stay forever).

Now, are you gonna be an honest poster and reply to the points at hand, or are you just gonna keep insulting me for no fucking reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Didn't get what you meant there are two vendor only ones.
    To answer it very easily.

These are two mounts that a vendor has. They are. It mounts obtainable from anywhere else (such as bad luck on missing out on Invincible and then using the raid drop to get it from a vendor)

There are also only 2 mounts so far. The abuse is very short of it even does happen with the new loot system on rolls meaning we can all roll need but if the other 24 people have a better neck and I don’t I will get it because I get upgrade preferences over everyone else. That being said if I also have a shitty necklace and so does 3 others who also roll need the roll goes to all of the people which shitty necklaces. If they choose to vendor the upgrade for an otter that’s their choice. Also don’t forget it also looks at bags and banks to see if you have a better item. So you either disenchant/vendor/destroy your neck to qualify or you don’t qualify if you have a better neck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Point 3 is wrong, i was able to roll on a cloak from Shriekwing, and i have a 304 cloak equipped.
    But did everyone else have a worse or the same as you cloak? It also looks at that. Also in their banks/bags so they might have had a lesser one equipped but they had a better or same in the bags

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Have you even been playing retail for the past years? Personal Loot has been a thing since Mists of Pandaria. There's no such thing as a "ninja" anymore.
    But you can now, with the return of group loot and removal of personal loot.

Tell me, do you care about the progress of every single player you come across? No... you don't. It's not logical to.
    We do. After all, this is how we got our main tank in the guild. He was a pug who we invited one night when one of our tanks couldn't attend. He was good, and we gave him loot that he could use. After that, he ran a couple more times with us, so he ended up leaving his guild and joining ours to be our new main tank after one of our tanks decided to switch to healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But you can now, with the return of group loot and removal of personal loot.

We do. After all, this is how we got our main tank in the guild. He was a pug who we invited one night when one of our tanks couldn't attend. He was good, and we gave him loot that he could use. After that, he ran a couple more times with us, so he ended up leaving his guild and joining ours to be our new main tank after one of our tanks decided to switch to healer.
    Answer the whole damn post or don't answer at all. Stop being dishonest for 1 damn minute. Why are you ignoring the fact we are talking about TWO items out of a possible ONE HUNDRED? That noone gives a shit about cause they're necklaces from non-end bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Once the person has won the loot they can do whatever with it. They can trade it to whoever they want.

Honestly this system seems to be an alternative for simply vendoring old gear that you’ve replaced. As you replace gear going from normal to heroic to mythic you can either vendor for gold or vendor for mounts
    Based on my experience you can still hit the need button even with higher ilvl loot

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Grief people on lfr ? How ? It's personal loot isn't it ? Also who gives a shit what people use their own gear for ....
    I think people who are not up-to-date with the game should not be allowed to comment on stuff.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Stop commenting then ....from what I have read now, it is impossible to grief with the loot so who cares about this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Why are you ignoring the fact we are talking about TWO items out of a possible ONE HUNDRED?
    Because the amount of items used is immaterial. The issue is that they're doing this at all. Simple as that.

That noone gives a shit about cause they're necklaces from non-end bosses?
    The simple existence of this thread shows you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Just to confirm what someone else already mentioned: As it is currently, everyone can roll need on everything if they can equip it and it's their type of armor (e.g. cloth, leather etc). No restrictions on ilvl. The game also doesn't distinguish between main and second spec.

OT: The mount doesn't really change much there. People are already needing everything they can in the pre-patch for gold - as is their right in the current system. Obviously that makes it almost impossible for casual players who use LFR as their main source of gear to get some slots (like neck and rings), so I hope they change the system back. Let organized groups use whichever loot system they want. Let completely random groups have personal loot.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Just to confirm what someone else already mentioned: As it is currently, everyone can roll need on everything if they can equip it and it's their type of armor (e.g. cloth, leather etc). No restrictions on ilvl. The game also doesn't distinguish between main and second spec.

OT: The mount doesn't really change much there. People are already needing everything they can in the pre-patch for gold - as is their right in the current system. Obviously that makes it almost impossible for casual players who use LFR as their main source of gear to get some slots (like neck and rings), so I hope they change the system back. Let organized groups use whichever loot system they want. Let completely random groups have personal loot.
    It’s meant to have restrictions like being unable to roll on stuff you already have. I haven’t really been paying attention too much tbh during the raids my guild has done so can’t really say for sure. If it’s broken hopefully they fix it by DF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but than you do not have the piece in you.

Again your logical fallacy is questionable.

If you have the piece on that toon than you do not need the piece

If you traded the piece for the mount already so you need it again. Than clearly you do not have the piece than need the item for your toon.
    At this point I don't even know what you're trying to say, the incomplete sentences and incorrect usage of the word "than" have only succeeded in rendering me utterly baffled as to what you were trying to convey.

The whole crux of the problem is this creates a scenario where a single player playing a single character is motivated to get the piece twice. Do you not recognize that people will simply vie for a second necklace, rather than wait for an upgrade to drop so they can trade in the necklace for the mount?