15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WAIT

Is it finally...

Elongate?
    Musk bought himself a third foot, shot it, then started screaming "WHY'D YOU SHOOT ME IN THE FOOT ACTIVIST LEFTIES?!"

With the direction Twitter is taking, seems like it's just gonna be Truth Social Lite or Parler. People are already flocking to tiktok and tumblr in droves. Tumblr is having a meltdown at how many Twitter users are flooding in.

Elon continues to blame Twitter's falling profits on "activist companies" as even more pull out their advertising. My twitter feed is filled with ads for bad crypto pump and dump schemes and cheaply made Chinese mobile games. All other ACTUAL product advertisements have vanished.

With the direction it's going, I foresee Musk putting Twitter up for sale soon, very likely at a loss. It's clear that him buying tesla, kicking out the founders, and framing himself as the founder bought him some success and fame, but people are becoming increasingly aware of how terrible he is at marketing.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-11-07 at 04:40 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So I guess Twitter now has a "problem" with parody accounts impersonating real people?

Man, if only there was some solution to this problem. Some way to verify that people are who they claim they are on Twitter. Some kind of check mark or something to indicate that yes, Twitter has verified the users identity. Maybe they could even make it a color so it's obvious.

But Elon is a smart cookie. I'm sure he'll figure out some sort of fix to it.

(Good lord it's hilarious watching him create all new problems because the man has absolutely zero creativity left in that increasingly addled mass of grey cells in his skull)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Whoops. Those people I just fired were important to the business."

Tweets by staff of the social media company said teams responsible for communications, content curation, human rights and machine learning ethics were among those gutted, as were some product and engineering teams.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://twitter.com/h3h3productions?lang=en

Huh, I guess even if you label your account a parody account you still get suspended.

Comedy is illegal now : (

Huh, I guess even if you label your account a parody account you still get suspended.

roflmao

This is all going so well for Elon. :thumbs-up:

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, just imagine how much simpler things would be for Elon if he had stuck to making rockets and fancy electric cars.

An unforced error, really.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://twitter.com/xor/status/1589402790732128256
    https://twitter.com/chaser/status/1589443482628009984

What poor fuckin engineers and CSR's are being rung up at 2AM in the morning to add new features and build new processes for all this shit lol.

People complained about unclear rules and inconsistent enforcement on Twitter before and that shit seems like precision military drills while current Twitter is just anarchy. People are testing the limits of unclear rules, goaded on by a man who is making it hilariously easy to dunk on him and giving us a wealth of ammunition to do so with, because fucking of course they are.

All the advertisers are leaving a platform turning into more of a hilarious dumpster fire than usual. He's creating new problems that Twitter had previously solved while also apparently trying to re-hire a bunch of the people he laid off. He's given up any pretense of even having an interest in dealing with the "social" parts of "social media" with his apparent near total removal of the people and teams designed to limit the harm potentially caused through misinformation/harassment/etc.

This all seems to be going about as well, if not slightly better, than most of us were predicting.

Though I did see Dorsey coming out and simping for Elon recently and that was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, I’m not happy about it, but there’s plenty of other platforms that charge a subscription for content, even popular news websites. Will I pay the $8? Maybe… if I feel I need to.
    But this does not charge a subscription to view content (which again would only make sense if they created the content). It charges a subscription to POST content otherwise it deprioritizes your content. All while talking about free speech (not the constitutional right, the general concept of free speech). Free speech can't have multiple tracks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I’m not happy about it, but there’s plenty of other platforms that charge a subscription for content, even popular news websites. Will I pay the $8? Maybe… if I feel I need to.
    I feel a lot of people complaining will pay up, because people are hooked on twitter like a drug. People need their vanity fix and twitter deserves Elon, a shit site for a shit person. I was glad to leave the platform back in 2016, its a toxic hellscape.

I would say I hope twitter dies, but I do believe twitter has some usage outside of people using it for their personal blog to bully and harass others while claiming moral validation with like minded people.

I know people are furious on twitter about this decision but to be honest, I couldn't give a shit.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Didn’t he say that’s his way to weed-out the bot accounts or something? And I’m not really sure it qualifies as infringement on free speech. Your post still gets posted.
    If he wants to wax about how his Twitter will be a town square, he cannot ask money to give people megaphones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say wait a little. It already went from 20 to 8 dollars. If there is enough of a backlash, the cost might lower still, or go away entirely. My guess is that some of it's "benefits" will at least be adjusted, like that priority ranking bullshit associated with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No that's the opposite of the truth, but it's okay because every year for the rest of our lives we can keep looking at the statistics and you'll see that people can always create more economic value.
    You really enjoy showing how ignorant you are...almost as much as posting words that mean nothing..."knowledge creator"..lol... show us all how people can live off a a few bucks a day too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ima hold off for as long as I can. I’m salty about it, but I get it… I mean, most platforms charge for a subscription. It is what it is.

Look at Twitch. It virtually became unwatchable unless you subscribe to a streamer cause there’s so many ads now. They pretty much forced it on us. I watch many different streams and it was completely unbearable watching ads over and over. I had to pay for Twitch Prime.
    You could always use adblock. I watch Twitch all the time, and I see absolutely no ads (banners or videos), and I've yet to bother with any kind of subscriptions on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'd say wait a little. It already went from 20 to 8 dollars. If there is enough of a backlash, the cost might lower still, or go away entirely. My guess is that some of it's "benefits" will at least be adjusted, like that priority ranking bullshit associated with it.
    Politicians, Q flavored ones in particular, LOVE Twitter. They'd gladly sell out the country a second time to have their shit front and center.
    They'll gladly pay for that shit.
    Especially with that salary from the government.
    Something something subsidies something something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The rule seems pretty clear: 'Parody' has to be in the handle. H3h3 didn't put it in the handle, and therefore broke the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can I get this rule in a TOS document or something, rather than a random tweet from the owner?
    Have you read their ToS?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I feel a lot of people complaining will pay up, because people are hooked on twitter like a drug. People need their vanity fix and twitter deserves Elon, a shit site for a shit person. I was glad to leave the platform back in 2016, its a toxic hellscape.
    But you don't need to pay up to use twitter just to get that blue check mark, even Elon's own poll showed less than 20% were willing to pay for that blue checkmark. That's not very encouraging considering if you are following Musk you are more likely to simp for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, ima hold off for as long as I can. I’m salty about it, but I get it… I mean, most platforms charge for a subscription. It is what it is.

Look at Twitch. It virtually became unwatchable unless you subscribe to a streamer cause there’s so many ads now. They pretty much forced it on us. I watch many different streams and it was completely unbearable watching ads over and over when I switched channels. I had to pay for Twitch Prime.
    It's not required for now it's just for the pretty blue check mark but I think if things continue the way they are Elon may end up charging everyone to make some money.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yes. The most recent version is from June of this year. There is not a single mention of "parody" in there.
    https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...account-policy

To avoid confusing others about an account’s affiliation, parody, commentary, and fan accounts must distinguish themselves in BOTH their account name and bio
    Klein didn't do this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    is the accountname the @... or the other one?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

ROFL! WTF! I will bet anything they have an algorithm for "Elon Musk". Dude so butthurt he made his engineer fish for people making fun of him. This little bitch right here!

Oh I though Elon didn't believe in banned accounts? At least lifetime banned accounts, which if you get a lifetime ban and want to bring them those people back, should give all users second thoughts.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!