Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    is the accountname the @... or the other one?
    Read the link and you shall find the answer.

All Griffin and Klein had to do was put 'parody' or something similar in the name. But they chose not to. Klein's 'comedy on Twitter is dead' response to being banned for failing to adhere to a very clear and simple rule is an amusing overreaction, but then he is a YouTuber and drama is his lifeblood.

If there's going to be any rule changes I'd rather they start releasing old usernames from long-dead accounts.

After weeks of clowning around and changing rules based on his personal experience, the mask is finally off:

Veil is off, if we already knew.

To independent-minded voters:

Shared power curbs the worst excesses of both parties, therefore I recommend voting for a Republican Congress, given that the Presidency is Democratic.

CEO of social media company openly endorsing a political party. My goodness from my first post ever in this thread I knew he was going to use this as a right political forum, just didn't know he would have been pro-active. Also the big one of him letting the architect of an insurrection, who used the platform for a coup.

Oh um...

For Twitter to deserve public trust, it must be politically neutral, which effectively means upsetting the far right and the far left equally

Edit: Was posting and afk but @Sorshen beat me to it. Keeping my up tho. Cheers
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Read the link and you shall find the answer.

All Griffin and Klein had to do was put 'parody' or something similar in the name. But they chose not to. Klein's 'comedy on Twitter is dead' response to being banned for failing to adhere to a very clear and simple rule is an amusing overreaction, but then he is a YouTuber and drama is his lifeblood.

If there's going to be any rule changes I'd rather they start releasing old usernames from long-dead accounts.
    And Kathy Griffin ban evading by using her dead mothers Twitter account to Tweet shows just how sad and pathetic these morons who can't be bothered to follow the rules really are. Ethan Klein is a drama queen lolcow and can't even defend his own integrity, it's no surprise he can't follow rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    After weeks of clowning around and changing rules based on his personal experience, the mask is finally off:

He's been mask off for a while now, hence why he was simping in the comments sections of most of alt-right Twitter for the past few months.

He's really begun acting like a Republican for a while, complete with his frequent and seemingly pointless dishonesty and playing stupid.

Edit: Only way I've been thinking Elon doesn't take the L is if he's somehow actually intentionally destroying it to take the debt on for himself/one of his companies to basically use to eliminate his tax burden for the rest of his life or something. I don't think this is remotely reasonable, but it's literally the only way he turns this L into a W.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-11-07 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And Kathy Griffin ban evading by using her dead mothers Twitter account to Tweet shows just how sad and pathetic these morons who can't be bothered to follow the rules really are.
    Wait, I thought the people who were cheering for Musk didn't want rules on Twitter because something something freeze peach. Now that your guy is making the rules it's ok to limit freeze peach?

Hypocrisy, thy name is "conservative".

So I guess twitter isn't a free speech paradise after all, if you offend Elon Musk

And Kathy Griffin ban evading by using her dead mothers Twitter account to Tweet shows just how sad and pathetic these morons who can't be bothered to follow the rules really are. Ethan Klein is a drama queen lolcow and can't even defend his own integrity, it's no surprise he can't follow rules.
    They're asking for it, but there's a reason everyone is testing the limits of these increasingly new and vague rules.

1. They're seeing if Elon lives up to his word when he's repeatedly talked about Twitter being about "Freeze peach". Objectively, he's not. More broadly, it appears Twitter's unclear rules and inconsistent moderation is worse in less than a week under Elon than it's been in the years that people have complained about it previously.

2. Given the unclear nature of these rules, we're left to constantly guess whether his public comments are actual updates to Twitters rules or if he's just shooting the shit/musing. We have no way of knowing and he's not remotely clear! How do you find out the rules of a new game? You test them, which is what's going on.

Really though, if he didn't spent months talking about Twitter's importance to the future of humanity (fuckin lol) and his commitment to Freeze Peach (except things that are actually illegal) this wouldn't be a thing. He's the one that's covered Twitter in rakes and keeps stepping on them again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But you don't need to pay up to use twitter just to get that blue check mark, even Elon's own poll showed less than 20% were willing to pay for that blue checkmark. That's not very encouraging considering if you are following Musk you are more likely to simp for him.
    I don't know and I don't care, this whole twitter buyout has been a watch from the roof of my house while the platform burns, meanwhile you got Elon simps and then you have rent free Elon haters, either way people wont shut the fuck up about him. I a really sick of hearing about him :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Wait, I thought the people who were cheering for Musk didn't want rules on Twitter because something something freeze peach. Now that your guy is making the rules it's ok to limit freeze peach?

Hypocrisy, thy name is "conservative".
    I've long been a critic of Twitter's inability to enforce rules equally. And impersonating another individual is already a violation of Twitter's rules, not to mention can be libelous. That has dick all to do with free speech. It isn't censoring your right to say something, it is censoring your ability to impersonate another person who is trying to misrepresent who you are.

I don't like Elon anymore than the next person, but I'm also not blinded by my dislike of him to see that the issues Twitter has require a nuanced approach and that there's limits on what can be deemed as acceptable conduct and speech on any social media platform or forum. I'm fine with people wanting to test the limits of where Elon draws the line, because it's clear where the line was drawn with the old administration.

I've long been a critic of Twitter's inability to enforce rules equally. And impersonating another individual is already a violation of Twitter's rules, not to mention can be libelous.
    I highly doubt any of what we've seen even approaches libel. It's all very protected Free Speech, and the fact that everyone banned for "impersonation" has a clearly visible @ Handle that's very much not Elon, and very obviously so, addresses concerns around "impersonation". The only time that we're getting close is if people are creating new accounts with @ Handles that are extremely difficult to differentiate from the genuine account.

Remember, Elon said Twitter was going to be all about "Free speech that's not illegal" and nothing that people are doing so far remotely approaches that measure. I'm thinking maybe Elon lied?

I don't like Elon anymore than the next person, but I'm also not blinded by my dislike of him to see that the issues Twitter has require a nuanced approach and that there's limits on what can be deemed as acceptable conduct and speech on any social media platform or forum.
    If he'd spent the past 6+ months talking about this nuanced approach and the complex challenges of managing/operating a social media company, I'd agree!

But he came in swinging as a "Free Speech Absolutist(TM)", which apparently just means that he wants people to be able to say the N word on Twitter without fear of suspension. Because he's absolutely not living up to his grandiose promises of turning the platform into a "Free Speech Platform(TM)" as he claimed.

Remember when Devin Nunes sued twitter over his "cow" and "mom?" Yeah that showed just how ridiculously stupid it is to claim parody on twitter as "libel," and yet people still have no clue.

So I've long discussed my theory that conservatives are basically incapable of being intentionally funny, and the only time they're actually funny is purely unintentional. The past few years have consistently proven this theory accurate, and this whole shit unfolding is absolutely validating every part of this theory.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So I guess twitter isn't a free speech paradise after all, if you offend Elon Musk
    https://twitter.com/xor/status/1589402790732128256

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'm beginning to think he's not clearly communicating updates to Twitters rules and policies!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I highly doubt any of what we've seen even approaches libel. It's all very protected Free Speech, and the fact that everyone banned for "impersonation" has a clearly visible @ Handle that's very much not Elon, and very obviously so, addresses concerns around "impersonation". The only time that we're getting close is if people are creating new accounts with @ Handles that are extremely difficult to differentiate from the genuine account.

Remember, Elon said Twitter was going to be all about "Free speech that's not illegal" and nothing that people are doing so far remotely approaches that measure. I'm thinking maybe Elon lied?

If he'd spent the past 6+ months talking about this nuanced approach and the complex challenges of managing/operating a social media company, I'd agree!

But he came in swinging as a "Free Speech Absolutist(TM)", which apparently just means that he wants people to be able to say the N word on Twitter without fear of suspension. Because he's absolutely not living up to his grandiose promises of turning the platform into a "Free Speech Platform(TM)" as he claimed.
    Oh I totally agree that he's fucked the dog hard on understanding where the flaws of Twitter's old management were and he clearly hasn't indicated at any point that he understands what truly needed to be changed in order for Twitter to become a better platform for all.

Oh I totally agree that he's fucked the dog hard on understanding where the flaws of Twitter's old management were and he clearly hasn't indicated at any point that he understands what truly needed to be changed in order for Twitter to become a better platform for all.
    He hasn't indicated he even has a basic understanding of Twitter as a business, tbh. He's acting like he's just a standard user that got control of the company, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He hasn't indicated he even has a basic understanding of Twitter as a business, tbh. He's acting like he's just a standard user that got control of the company, lol.
    It's like a pug raid with some rando getting leader trying to enforce his rules now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It's like a pug raid with some rando getting leader trying to enforce his rules now.
    "I ran the raid once in LFG so surely I'm ready to lead the raid on mythic difficulty!"

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I feel a lot of people complaining will pay up, because people are hooked on twitter like a drug. People need their vanity fix and twitter deserves Elon, a shit site for a shit person. I was glad to leave the platform back in 2016, its a toxic hellscape.

I would say I hope twitter dies, but I do believe twitter has some usage outside of people using it for their personal blog to bully and harass others while claiming moral validation with like minded people.

I know people are furious on twitter about this decision but to be honest, I couldn't give a shit.
    Even before Musk's takeover, the numbers of so called active and super-active users on Twitter have been on the decline. There were plenty of articles/analysis on that subject.