Poll: Do you think Joe Biden is mostly a good President? Why or why not?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Lib's put a old man in office
    Yep, he won the election, fair and square. It'll be interesting to see Trump make a go for it in 2024, you know, when he's as old then as Biden is now. And in much worse shape physically. But this isn't a Trump thread, let's go back to Biden and how he's pushing for EVs and EV stations which are now everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lib's put a old man in office which caused gas prices to go up and inflation to be at an all time high.
    Those happened globally, not just in the USA. Are you suggesting Biden is somehow in control of the entire planet?

Just wait till 2024 when Lord orange is back and everything is as it should be.
    The guy who's nearly as old as Biden and clearly in worse physical and mental health?

Yes I do.

Lib's put a old man in office which caused gas prices to go up and inflation to be at an all time high.

I'm beginning to think you actually do understand this and you're just here lying because you want to stir shit up. Because the alternative is that you're truly this deeply ignorant and partisan, and I have a higher opinion of you than that.

Yeah like a completely new car. Can't wait to see all the new college grad driving around with Brandon new EVs after alls said and done.
    Autocorrect just gave you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Those happened globally, not just in the USA. Are you suggesting Biden is somehow in control of the entire planet?

The guy who's nearly as old as Biden and clearly in worse physical and mental health?
    Well he is the leader of the free world. His influence has a world wide ripple effect.

Still younger and much clear headed than grandpa sniffer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Autocorrect just gave you away.
    ????

10 char

Seems like he’s doing what he can given the situation. Is he the greatest? No, I find he’s too right wing for my tastes. But I’d say he’s a good president.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm beginning to think you actually do understand this and you're just here lying because you want to stir shit up. Because the alternative is that you're truly this deeply ignorant and partisan, and I have a higher opinion of you than that.
    That's very nice of you, ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he is the leader of the free world.
    Yep, won a fair and legal election. And he's doing a good job, too. It's a good thing earlier you said he couldn't control gas prices, because that means the worldwide increase in gas prices isn't his fault.

Yes I do.

When GQP put a old fat fuck Trump in office, a million American's died. You must really hate this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yep, won a fair and legal election. And he's doing a good job, too. It's a good thing earlier you said he couldn't control gas prices, because that means the worldwide increase in gas prices isn't his fault.
    I didn't say he cheated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    When GQP put a old fat fuck Trump in office, a million American's died. You must really hate this country.
    Woa woa you need to give me more than that, cuz I'm sure millions have died under Bidens watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if my arguments aren't complete cohesive, hard keeping track when I'm getting bukkake'ed by everyone at once.

Also making lunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say he cheated.
    Nope, I just threw that in on my own. Jumped on that one pretty quick, you're not triggered, are you?

By the way, gas prices rose steadily during Trump's first two years in office. It's a good thing you pointed out that gas prices are out of the administration's control, because man, would it look bad for you if you claimed Biden raised gas prices but Trump didn't! You'd look the completely and objective fool for posting such an objective falsehood. So it's a good thing you said the administration didn't raise gas prices, huh? Whew. Dodged a bullet there.

Sorry if my arguments aren't complete cohesive, hard keeping track when I'm getting bukkake'ed by everyone at once.
    Weird way to say it's tough keeping up with your lies but you do you.

Also making lunch.
    You are incoherent because of your poor grasp of the language. People who come here and openly admit they believe in the obviously stupid and nonsensical horseshit they got brainwashed into, do get collectively shat on though, so that's what that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to discuss unemployment.

When Trump entered office, unemployment numbers suddenly became real at 4.7%. Trump bragged about every drop, to about 3.5%..until "it's just one person coming over from China, we'll be fine" and Trump left office after fairly and legally losing the election with 6.2%. Biden inherited that 6.2% and it's back down to about 3.5% again.

So, even ignoring COVID, Biden oversaw a drop in unemployment roughly double Trump's, and in about half the time. It's actually hard for people posting shitty jobs to get them filled because wages are up.

And I post that about Biden's drop in unemployment with at least the same amount of sincerity as the OP who said they had no strong feelings about Biden then named only four topics of discussion and painted Biden negatively in all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Electric cars weren't even mentioned in the speech I linked.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with electric cars. They're as good a fit for 95% of drivers as internal-combustion vehicles, if not better in a host of ways.
    The US has almost no infrastructure for EVs outside of major population areas. They are an attractive option but not practical for the majority of the country right now. For many you kind of need a backup internal combustion engine or know a friend who does just in case you have trouble charging your car, which you will because charging stations are limited and setting up home charging isn't easy/cheap enough for the masses. Get stuck on the side of the road? You're rolling the dice with how fazt/affordable assistance might be.

I can drive across state, say from Miami to Jacksonville in Florida, I my car with little gas at a hotel and be fine in the morning because gas is everywhere and within walking distance. With an EV I have to add a couple of hours to to an already multi-hour trip. When I get to my destination I might have to leave my car miles away from my hotel in an unwalkable city to be charged.

A push for EVs in the US, a real one, has to come with making FAR easier to maintain and operate in the US before you tell people to stop using gas.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The US has almost no infrastructure for EVs outside of major population areas. They are an attractive option but not practical for the majority of the country right now. For many you kind of need a backup internal combustion engine or know a friend who does just in case you have trouble charging your car, which you will because charging stations are limited and setting up home charging isn't easy/cheap enough for the masses. Get stuck on the side of the road? You're rolling the dice with how fazt/affordable assistance might be.

I can drive across state, say from Miami to Jacksonville in Florida, I my car with little gas at a hotel and be fine in the morning because gas is everywhere and within walking distance. With an EV I have to add a couple of hours to to an already multi-hour trip. When I get to my destination I might have to leave my car miles away from my hotel in an unwalkable city to be charged.

A push for EVs in the US, a real one, has to come with making FAR easier to maintain and operate in the US before you tell people to stop using gas.
    Something like 85% of car drivers in the US never go more than 100 miles or so in a given day, which is well within EV range capabilities. EVs aren't a perfect solution right out the gate for every driver, but for most, they are. While EV chargers aren't free to install, it's cheaper to get it installed than it is to pay for gasoline. And charging stations are becoming more and more common; gas stations have about a century of infrastructural lead time in establishing themselves.

In the end, I really don't see the value in pointing to the minority fraction of US drivers for whom EVs aren't a perfect solution as an argument to prop up the sunk-cost fallacy of existing gasoline-provision infrastructure as an argument against EVs.

In the end, I really don't see the value in pointing to the minority fraction of US drivers for whom EVs aren't a perfect solution as an argument to prop up the sunk-cost fallacy of existing gasoline-provision infrastructure as an argument against EVs.
    "Well what do you mean 'we need to build more gas stations'?! We have all these perfectly good watering troughs and fences to tie your horses to, ain't nobody got time to wait for those 'gas stations' to be built, and when they are you'll run out of gas trying to get to the next one! Just stick with what works, good old horsepower!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Gas has been at an all time high under Biden I'm just saying.
    In this entire thread you've yet to actually provide an argument, evidence, or proof of HOW the administration can control prices. Only continued to insist that they somehow magically can.

Of course, we know that taxing the ultra wealthy to fund gas subsidies would work. That's literally how the farmer stimulus works. Government pays farmers to sell their crops at a loss so that groceries on the shelves are cheaper than they normally would be.

Also orange man didn't need to be baby sat and wasn't getting lost around Whitehouse grounds like our current dementia patient.
    ????????? This literally didn't happen with Biden, at least not how you're framing it. And ironically enough, did happen with Trump.

Only good thing the old man administration did was lessen my wife's student loans.
    So he's objectively saved you and your wife more money than orange man did?

Old man couldn't even protect his lib's RvW, lol
    It's almost as if Trump packed the courts with activist conservative judges! And it's almost if an acting president can't do shit about sitting judges other than investigate them for ethics violations and suggest their removal to the Senate - so in the end, Biden had about as much control over this as he does gas.

Lastly, orange man had golden internet content. Old man's internet content is sad and scary.

Here's to Orange man Rebirth 2024 or Kanye 2024
    Ah yes, "Politician made me laugh so therefor they're superior!"

If a comedian performs heart surgery on you, you're not allowed to complain if you die.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Ah yes, "Politician made me laugh so therefor they're superior!"

If a comedian performs heart surgery on you, you're not allowed to complain if you die.
    Yeah... Running a country shouldn't be entertainment, but that seems to be what the situation in the US has devolved into. Get some colorful balloons, and the dumbasses will dutifully clap.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah... Running a country shouldn't be entertainment, but that seems to be what the situation in the US has devolved into. Get some colorful balloons, and the dumbasses will dutifully clap.
    "Bread and circuses" has been a political criticism for, oh, nearly 2000 years now.