Thread: Genshin Impact

Had to burn through the new Archon quest this week seeing as I can't fall behind on the newly required weekly mats for Nahida talents. Random thoughts below.

Honestly thought it was great. Feel like they do a great job of writing "smart people dialogue" in the few battle of wits. But somehow all the Scaramouche stuff seemed tacked on. Guy is over there trying to become a God and he's treated as a small after task while dealing with the sages takes center stage. I can guess it's more because he's going to take a better focus next patch, but still.
    Also what was the entire point of making that fake Canned Knowledge in the beginning about how we changed the whole political landscape? Didn't see that come back up later in the entire quest.
    Loving the more animated cutscenes, hope we see more and more of those over the years.
    A bunch of guards protecting the Grand Sage really shouldn't be played off as a big deal as anyone with a vision could probably kill everyone in that room. Not nearly enough respect or acknowledgment is thrown to vision holders.
    Nahida taking on Scaramouche in the boss fight was great. I'd call it a perfect mix of Dr. Stranging and Izanagi.

Nahida: "I just asked all of the people of Sumeru for ways on how to defeat the false god.
    All of the people of Sumeru: "We don't got shit!"

Dehya to female traveler: "Just pay me with smile." A perfect example of a line that probably wouldn't have flown if Dehya was male.
    Looked up the whole "skies in teyvat are fake" stuff. Turns out it references back to a similar line Scaramouche said in the first event where we initially met him. Content I'm guessing Mihoyo wishes they made permanent. Also wish Nahida had just flat out told us what the Doctor said to her about it.
    Aloy is definitely one of these descenders!
    The whole after party seemed very discriminatory towards all the four star characters. I thought they would be above these pointless cliches.
    Really want to know what that forbidden knowledge is that caused all this corruption.
    Also really feel like the Traveler should have told Nahida about Greater Lord Rukkhadevata. She sacrificed her existence because she had to for the corruption, not because she honestly wanted to be forgotten.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2022-11-06 at 07:47 AM.

The new boss is long. Not hard, just long. Its nice they have a mechanic to help. Also, a lot of his attacks, I just don't really understand how to avoid. I just stand there and eat them most of the time. The team comp I am using during him is a bit on the slow side for damage, but its safe. No chance to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Got Nahida winning 50/50 at early roll on 2nd account, i already have 60k hp Nilou+key there, gunna be fun especially if i get her weapon
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    So i was playing with updated simulator:
    https://wishsimulator.app/

Goal was C6 Nahida and her weapon maxed.

C6 Nahida costed 100800 primos or 1600 dolars. 630 total pulls.
    R5 weapon costed 70400 primos or araund 1100 dolars. 440 total pulls

Extra 5 star -- 1 Jean 1 Keqing and 1 Mona and for weapons 1x skyward atlas + primorial jade spear + R2 thundering pulse + Skyward spine + Skyward pride

- - - Updated - - -

Also this happened:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The new boss is long. Not hard, just long. Its nice they have a mechanic to help. Also, a lot of his attacks, I just don't really understand how to avoid. I just stand there and eat them most of the time. The team comp I am using during him is a bit on the slow side for damage, but its safe. No chance to die.
    If you do the fight how it's intended, it's not long at all and the team strength doesn't really matter all that much for this fight which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Also really feel like the Traveler should have told Nahida about Greater Lord Rukkhadevata. She sacrificed her existence because she had to for the corruption, not because she honestly wanted to be forgotten.
    If he had the corruption might have returned. Because her whole existence had to be erased for it to vanish.
    I just wonder why Nahida kept the "lesser lord" title, makes no sense after the whole thing.

And i found it strange that it ends with "So you are going to fontaine now" "Yeah we are leaving soon" when there are still 6 Patches to come.

I really like the storytelling of Sumeru, i found most lore/quests really interesting and well made (although they are really lacking actual gameplay, the whole archon quest seemed more like a 4 hour anime with some small fights at the end) but Mihoyo really ends their stories too quickly. Was the same in Inazuma, the whole vision hunt decree and the rebels were a cool story but they ended it superfast and then had to invent some additional inconsequential stories for their later patches (lizardmen, really?).
    Here it seems the same. The Sumeru story finished much too quickly. I thought one patch would be Akademya, one patch Scaramouche (with this World Tree zone as a new zone) and one would be the Doctor. But no, all in one go.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2022-11-07 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    If he had the corruption might have returned. Because her whole existence had to be erased for it to vanish.
    I just wonder why Nahida kept the "lesser lord" title, makes no sense after the whole thing.
    She only erased the memories of Rukkhadevata as a separate entity and the exact reason why she had to die. The current memories of the world are that Rukkhadevata and Nahida are the same entity, she just lost almost all her power and knowledge when she sacrificed herself 500 years ago. So she's calling herself "Lesser Lord" now to denote that she's basically a weaker version of her former self. Any physical data from before she changed the memories would stay as they were and would mention the two titles, so merging the two characters and keeping the distinction of "before" and "after" versions was the only way to avoid any suspicion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    She only erased the memories of Rukkhadevata as a separate entity and the exact reason why she had to die. The current memories of the world are that Rukkhadevata and Nahida are the same entity, she just lost almost all her power and knowledge when she sacrificed herself 500 years ago. So she's calling herself "Lesser Lord" now to denote that she's basically a weaker version of her former self. Any physical data from before she changed the memories would stay as they were and would mention the two titles, so merging the two characters and keeping the distinction of "before" and "after" versions was the only way to avoid any suspicion.
    Well to be more precise Nahida is Plant cutting of the original tree (Rukkhadevata). A non-corrupted clone of her.
    Nahida wiped her *data* as it was corrupted (bad knowledge) and it was causing people to get that disease. Also people got this disease by that machine they were using next to their ears.
    In other words, she fixed the bug 100%, while her old version only removed 99%.
    Also in story Rukkhadevata got the forbbiden knowledge via that device from people who were looking for it and caused to slowly corrupt her.
    This is also a reason why Nahida removed it, to prevent this hive mind corruption from happening ever again.

Just saw there are new craftable weapons. May get one of each if they look cool. Not sure how good they are. Seems info on them is still hard to get
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw there are new craftable weapons. May get one of each if they look cool. Not sure how good they are. Seems info on them is still hard to get
    If you have a lot of Dream Solvents you can convert your old billets into new ones and craft those weapons.
    Sapwood Blade is ok for a traveler right now, but it could also be used on other 5 star dendro sword in future.
    Forest Regaliai is kinda ehh for now. Dori can use it tho.
    King’s Squire is good for collei due to decent atk stats.
    Moonpiercer is more or less made for Cyno.
    Fruit of Fulfillment is garbage.... do not give this to your Nahida ever.

Also this is coming next patch:
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/i_n14512/?lang=EN
    ...this looks a pretty decent weapon for Klee..

The second phase is pretty BS to me. Pretty clear all the characters you built up are useless and just meant to run around and avoid his attacks. Then he does his big 1 shot attack when he loses his shield which is even more BS as not a single character in my team can even damage those flying spawns you have to kill so it hits me everytime and I lose out on the big stun phase. The entire thing is basically just run around and wait for your floating companion to gun him down.

The second phase is pretty BS to me. Pretty clear all the characters you built up are useless and just meant to run around and avoid his attacks. Then he does his big 1 shot attack when he loses his shield which is even more BS as not a single character in my team can even damage those flying spawns you have to kill so it hits me everytime and I lose out on the big stun phase. The entire thing is basically just run around and wait for your floating companion to gun him down.
    Just bring a pyro archer, probably cryo and catalyst works as wel..

I use Ganyu and one shot them. But I do agree, it seems like comp is useless.

The entire thing is basically just run around and wait for your floating companion to gun him down.
    If you're just waiting around for that, then sure it will take a long time.

Thought I had enough fungus to level Nahida. Nope. Turns out, there is two types of it. Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere in game, but defeating the mushroom enemies with electro or pyro being activated on them makes them change to the inactive version. Kind of annoying that the mobs can drop a different version depending on what reactions they have. Made the tons of fungus I killed not help out as much as I thought.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2022-11-09 at 07:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thought I had enough fungus to level Nahida. Nope. Turns out, there is two types of it. Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere in game, but defeating the mushroom enemies with electro or pyro being activated on them makes them change to the inactive version. Kind of annoying that the mobs can drop a different version depending on what reactions they have. Made the tons of fungus I killed not help out as much as I thought.
    Yeah it's kind of unclear because it says it's activated by pyro. But if you use electro or pyro you get the inactive ones /shrug
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dont think anyone is surprised the multi billion dollar gacha game company knows how to make money.
    There are plenty of multi billion dollar companies go bankrupt.
    In fact, it is very rare to have a hundred years old company.

It is just recently that the companies pay very little tax and the interest rate is very low.
    It seems that the big companies are too big to fall.
    When the inflation and the interest rate is 10%, they drop like flies.
    (Wait, the inflation is 10% now.)

In China, tons of "successful" gacha games made a bad decision and dead overnight.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty easy, kill shroom(fungus+birds muties) enemies with ELECTRO on them = active, do same with PYRO = inactive; same as you do with starshrooms.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Its pretty easy, kill shroom(fungus+birds muties) enemies with ELECTRO on them = active, do same with PYRO = inactive; same as you do with starshrooms.
    No, this is actually wrong. You need to kill them without Electro or Pyro to gather the materials for Nahida. You will probably need to switch up your exploration / gathering team to use Dendro, Geo, Anemo, Hydro, and Cryo. Hopefully you have taken the time to have a balanced roster and not just stick to a one trick pony.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    An oversight from a man with such great taste with the goblin slayer reference. Tsk tsk.

As Zurok said you dont wanna use pryo or electro
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.