Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Before the 3rd war the council members were secret, we have no way of knowing how they got the roll or even if they need to show great arcane power to get the job or if a dragon could fake it or even take some one else’s place with there visage.

So that really isn’t evidence that they can become casters beyond there flight powers.
    Krasus taught Rhonin the arcane, he was recognized as an archmage.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Krasus taught Rhonin the arcane, he was recognized as an archmage.
    I haven’t read this book so the wiki could be wrong given how unreliable it is but the first mention of Krasus on Rhonins page is about them teaming up for a mission not any teaching.

Rhonin didn't grow up in a mage family. A rift appeared between him and his kin when he decided to enter the ranks of wizardry, not ever seeing any of them again after acting on his chosen calling.[5]

As a student of magic, Rhonin's nose was once broken by a fellow apprentice.[6] Rhonin decided by his own choice to not get it properly fixed by magic.[5]

Second War

Rhonin was once a promising mage of the Kirin Tor until a disastrous mission involving the reckless use of magic during the Second War — whilst Rhonin was casting a spell, others in his group got in the path of his attack. Rhonin's action succeeded in preventing a band of orc warlocks from raising a demon from the dead, but it also cost the lives of all his comrades. Rhonin was cast into probation until the opportunity for penance arose with a dangerous mission into Khaz Modan. He was assisted in this mission by the high elven ranger Vereesa Windrunner, the warrior dwarf Falstad Dragonreaver, and the dragon-mage Krasus (who was the instigator of this mission).
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rhonin#cite_note-6
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-11-08 at 08:25 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to believe that Krasus didn't use Magic as he was on the council of Six. It wasn't said but that doesn't mean he couldn't. Its like saying well if its not documented it doesn't exist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I mean he is called a Dragon Mage, he fought together with the Council in Visage form as a mage and no one there knew he was a dragon, he used divination and scrying, he could even assist with time magic, he gave shape to the Sunwell into the form of Anveena. I mean he was a caster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Krasus didn't use Magic as he was on the council of Six. It wasn't said but that doesn't mean he couldn't. Its like saying well if its not documented it doesn't exist.
    The question isn’t really rather he used magic it’s rather he used arcane magic or could get by with the flight magic.

The blues/greens we know use arcane/nature but the blacks have there own magic and don’t use the elements, same with the bronze and time magic and presumably the reds and what ever they focus in. Rather a dragon can just pick up a magic school and go beyond what they were made for is the dubious count.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean he is called a Dragon Mage, he fought together with the Council in Visage form as a mage and no one there knew he was a dragon, he used divination and scrying, he could even assist with time magic, he gave shape to the Sunwell into the form of Anveena. I mean he was a caster.
    See these are better examples just being on a secret council or even fighting with mages doesn’t really display that he’s using arcane and not say just doing What dracthyr do with there red powers but stuff like scrying time magic ect is outside of the reds wheel house.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Why would a Dragon, one of the wisest and oldest races on Azeroth NOT be able to become a mage? There is literally nothing that would prevent them from doing that.
    Last edited by Jaggler; 2022-11-08 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Why would a Dragon, one of the wisest and oldest races on Azeroth NOT become a mage? There is literally nothing that would prevent them from doing that.
    Because Evoker is like Mage, but better. No need to channel frost & fire when you can spit/fart/poop it directly from your body

So in Dragonflight questing, there is a small questline about there being "something" underground that is able to mind control draconic creatures.

Did someone restart Neltharion's work on the command artifact, or did Neltharion himself restart work on it as Deathwing? If he could somehow reach the Isles from Deepholm...

Also, if Neltharion used a void portal to suck Razsageth away, and Razsageth is in a vault on the Forgotten Reach... does that mean that the Forgotten Reach has a void portal in it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Because Evoker is like Mage, but better. No need to channel frost & fire when you can spit/fart/poop it directly from your body
    Dragons besides Neltharion did not know Evokers existed until two days ago in lore. And we still don't know how he made them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would a Dragon, one of the wisest and oldest races on Azeroth NOT become a mage? There is literally nothing that would prevent them from doing that.
    Same reason many class restrictions existed some races just aren’t made for X power and dragons could be the same which is why they rarely go beyond there flight powers.

As the lore moves forward and things get retconned these restrictions go away which is why I asked if they could always do so or if it was new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason many class restrictions existed some races just aren’t made for X power and dragons could be the same which is why they rarely go beyond there flight powers.

As the lore moves forward and things get retconned these restrictions go away which is why I asked if they could always do so or if it was new.
    Or the restriction never existed in the case of Dragons being able to use Arcane Magic, they just don't.

So in Dragonflight questing, there is a small questline about there being "something" underground that is able to mind control draconic creatures.

Did someone restart Neltharion's work on the command artifact, or did Neltharion himself restart work on it as Deathwing? If he could somehow reach the Isles from Deepholm...
    If it is the gauntlet, one has to wonder where it came from. Its a Titan artifact to be sure but what was the purpose for and how did Deathwing I mean Neltharion get a hand on it.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-11-08 at 09:07 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Or the restriction never existed in the case of Dragons being able to use Arcane Magic, they just don't.
    There’s no way to know that without actual examples of them being able to use X power in the lore, with no lore examples there’s no reason to think it’s a possibility even more so in the old lore where things were a lot more restrictive.

From the looks of up there is a single example and said example is mainly in missable books.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There’s no way to know that without actual examples of them being able to use X power in the lore, with no lore examples there’s no reason to think it’s a possibility even more so in the old lore where things were a lot more restrictive.

From the looks of up there is a single example and said example is mainly in missable books.
    But you literally have an example of them being able to use that power.

You can learn being a mage, just like you can learn to be a hunter or a warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    But you literally have an example of them being able to use that power.

You can learn being a mage, just like you can learn to be a hunter or a warrior.
    Yes there is now an example and there wasn’t one before which is why I asked in the first place and wanted clarification on rather they were actually using arcane and not the natural flight magic.

If it is the gauntlet, one has to wonder where it came from. Its a Titan artifact to be sure but what was the purpose for and how did Deathwing I mean Neltharion get a hand on it.
    I think there is a lore book on the Dragon Isles that talk about the Titan Keepers giving the Dragon aspects something or other which the Keepers assumed the Dragons didn't know the purpose of. Seems likely it was the gauntlet, and that controlling people are just one of the functions it has.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

New build today?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    New build today?
    We already had a release build. I think at this point we are unlikely to see more builds but rather likely to see hotfixes?

We already had a release build. I think at this point we are unlikely to see more builds but rather likely to see hotfixes?
    Sadge. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    New build today?
    Builds are done. The only thing I expect is a long down time on monday/tuesday
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Btw I find it interesting that the Void was OK with Neltharion stopping the Primalists. It was not in the Old Gods' interest for the Primalists to win at that point.

Btw I find it interesting that the Void was OK with Neltharion stopping the Primalists. It was not in the Old Gods' interest for the Primalists to win at that point.
    The old gods, and N'zoth specifically, prefers playing the long game. By letting the Primalists lose they got an even more powerful pawn with Neltharion, who seems both more capable, and far more intelligent.
    Let the Primalists win there and they would probably just be stopped by the Titan Keepers.
    The world revamp dream will never die!