Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    But is the market really that big, just because the population is? You have a lot of rural china for example. Then China also is far cheaper from box sales to actual sub. I dont disagree its a big market but im legit wondering if its worth all the hassle in the end.
    Did you just unironically straight up type out "I don't know if the country with the second largest GDP on the entire planet is worth the hassle"?

It's always worth the hassle. It's just a question of how, not why. This is a sign that things might get spicy in the next few months but there's simply too much at stake for Blizzard to flat out ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Blizzard has been putting some more meat on their plate as of late (WoW DF/WotLK, OW2, Diablo: Immortal, HS expansions, upcoming D4) yet still they don't seem to come back to the MAU numbers that they used to have, considering how much they lost over the last 5 years.
    Dragonflight is not out yet, and q3 ended long before dragonflight's prepatch was even close
    wotlk released only 4 days before the end of q3
    overwatch 2 didnt release till after q3 ended.
    Diablo immortal was a mess in the west
    hearthstone expansion yeah that was decent timed.

idk how "upcoming d4" effects current player counts?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Activision Blizzard Monthly Active Users were 368 million.
    Does anyone know what the MAUs were for this time last quarter and year?
    It's buried deep down here:
    https://investor.activision.com/news...er%20of%202021.

Just search the page for Monthly active users.

For the lazy people:
    Activision as a whole had 390M last year, Blizzard had 26M.

Also, Blizzard gained 4M MAU's compared to the previous quarter.

Notice how they don't even talk about the number for Diablo Immortal lmao. And there is nothing innovative about Dragonflight.

You know mmochamp has had blue posters for over a decade right? Like as in actual blue posters with the special blizzard employee title and everything?
    Rhetorical question is rhetorical. Of course I know and my answer remains the same. Literally none of their employees are going to get on here and troll on alt accounts nor are they likely to get on here and advocate for their company. Why? That's easy: it's not worth the internal response and potential outcome.

I'm not arguing they can't. I'm arguing that they won't. Paranoid conspiracy theories are not a good use of time or brain space, but you knew that already so why bother doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    Rhetorical question is rhetorical. Of course I know and my answer remains the same. Literally none of their employees are going to get on here and troll on alt accounts nor are they likely to get on here and advocate for their company. Why? That's easy: it's not worth the internal response and potential outcome.

I'm not arguing they can't. I'm arguing that they won't. Paranoid conspiracy theories are not a good use of time or brain space, but you knew that already so why bother doing it?
    Playing devil's advocate and pointing out that they do venture here and while very unlikely, its not really off the table either. Specially not in a climate off buying reviews and review bombings?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    And there is nothing innovative about Dragonflight.
    Dragon riding is pretty awesome but yeh, you're not gonna get anything spectacular closing in on year 20 as a game.
    It made me think, what could they actually do or implement that would be considered innovative or a smash hit success/expansion at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loutzi View Post
    Suspiciously silent about Diablo Immortal Profits outside of China. I guess western audiences weren't too happy about it after all, who would have thought...
    China man so oppressed he doesn't mind spending his money on mobile games.
    The perfect market really.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Playing devil's advocate and pointing out that they do venture here and while very unlikely, its not really off the table either. Specially not in a climate off buying reviews and review bombings?
    I never get the sense you play Devil's advocate so much as you like to stir the pot. Not for productive purpose so much as to see how people react to your trolling. That's not a good look.

10+ Year Old Account
    But is the market really that big, just because the population is? You have a lot of rural china for example. Then China also is far cheaper from box sales to actual sub. I dont disagree its a big market but im legit wondering if its worth all the hassle in the end.
    Yeah, it really is.

Lets assume that 60% of the population has a smartphone, and slightly over half of the people who own a smartphone are men. Narrow that down further into men between the ages of 20-50, so lets cut it by another quarter. Lets also say that only half of those men spend money on mobile gaming.

1.4 billion*0.6*0.51*0.75*0.5=160,650,000

I can list the reasoning behind each estimate if you're wondering how I decided upon the numbers, I can also take it a few steps further and come up with an estimated range and breakdown of average spending (Fermi estimates are fun to do).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    China man so oppressed he doesn't mind spending his money on mobile games.
    The perfect market really.
    More like "Countries outside the US use public transport for commuting and sometimes it takes hours. An electronic device can play games so why not use it for gaming."

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon riding is pretty awesome but yeh, you're not gonna get anything spectacular closing in on year 20 as a game.
    It made me think, what could they actually do or implement that would be considered innovative or a smash hit success/expansion at this point?
    Dragonriding is hardly innovative. I think it's ridiculous that they're trying to hype up the game by using the wrong adjectives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post

Blizzard is the same company with GMs that have actively griefed players on their own forums. I wouldn't put it past them to do the same on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    You guys are like pull-a-lever quote machines.

Not having an annual subscription option would be a fucking terrible business decision, for any company with a subscription product. Subscription's major cons are that your income stream isn't guaranteed month to month, but the pro is that a user might pay and never use their access during the month, meaning they cost you nothing to serve and were pure profit. Not only that, but for most people it's literally something for nothing because they're going to pay 12 monthly subscriptions anyway, and this way they get some money off every month and some shit for free.

I find it legit hilarious how many people on this forum think they know how one of the largest companies on the planet operates just because they use one of their products. Imagine spending your time posting on the internet about how 'desperate' McDonalds are because they're running Monopoly again this year.
    I was resistant for a very long time and now I have no idea why I didn't get a 6 month sub before. When I see what I have after the holidays are bought for I'm probably gonna get the 12 month sub. Luckily DF pre-order and the Wrath pass (whatever it was called) pushed my renewal date out to Jan 2023 so I'd be dumb not to get the free mounts.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Dragonriding is hardly innovative. I think it's ridiculous that they're trying to hype up the game by using the wrong adjectives..
    So answer the question then? What, at this point, would be considered innovative or a smash hit success?

So answer the question then? What, at this point, would be considered innovative or a smash hit success?
    Not sure he can. Apparently he did something to get himself banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    More like "Countries outside the US use public transport for commuting and sometimes it takes hours. An electronic device can play games so why not use it for gaming."
    I used to commute for 4h every workday, and the thought of playing on my phone just irks me. It's the absolute last medium I want to play a game on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water