Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Diablo 4 rumored release date is in...

... April!

[url]https://www.eurogamer.net/diablo-4-will-allegedly-launch-in-april-2023[/url]

Let's hope for that - but it makes sense from the statements before aiming to a first half of 2023.

Gameplay has to be good. Like, real good.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Let's hope for that - but it makes sense from the statements before aiming to a first half of 2023.

Gameplay has to be good. Like, real good.
    According to the reports/closed beta leaks, Diablo 4 is
    Diablo 1 dark theme
    Diablo 2 itemization
    Diablo 3 combat
    Open world

...and all that coming together well, so a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    According to the reports/closed beta leaks, Diablo 4 is
    Diablo 1 dark theme
    Diablo 2 itemization
    Diablo 3 combat
    Open world

...and all that coming together well, so a really good game.
    Thought the combat was supposed to be more deliberate than 3, like having to dodge axe falls and counter attack. That might just be all in my head though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Thought the combat was supposed to be more deliberate than 3, like having to dodge axe falls and counter attack. That might just be all in my head though.
    Those in closed beta are very impressed by the game. I'm going all-in and hopefully on physical collectors edition.

Fools. /10char

Those in closed beta are very impressed by the game. I'm going all-in and hopefully on physical collectors edition.
    A friend of mine is in and he said he's having lots of fun. From what i've seen, they have actually taken some notes form Lost Ark about how content is delivered and how world is built. D4 seems to be shaping as a solo player game with mmo-lite features and coop.

A friend of mine is in and he said he's having lots of fun. From what i've seen, they have actually taken some notes form Lost Ark about how content is delivered and how world is built. D4 seems to be shaping as a solo player game with mmo-lite features and coop.
    Do you know if you can opt-out of meeting random people in the world map?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

How do you know? They've signed an NDA

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not really, he's super tight as NDA is in place. Until i get to his home (and it's not really feasible unfortunately) i cannot see anything first hand. Hope when the beta goes public he can stream something to me.

I don't remember devs mentioning something on the line though. Would be awesome.

Remains to be seen if it has legs though, Diablo Immortal was really fun at during beta too. Granted it changed for a completely different reason. I'm not negative around the game though, just not hyped before I get to play it myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Lost Ark is really amazing in many ways, so if they can copy the good parts without the monetization aspects, D4 would be my GotY already. Then again I doubt it will go to as much of an MMO as Lost Ark is, which is a bit of a shame, but we'll see I suppose. I don't put much wait on the leaks as they are breaking an NDA, so there might be just as many people who don't like the game, but won't break their NDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I've not heard anything announced about an opt-out feature, and they seem pretty adamant about this being a social game. In particular, there are PvP areas that just wouldn't work if you could opt out of playing with other people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I've not heard anything announced about an opt-out feature, and they seem pretty adamant about this being a social game. In particular, there are PvP areas that just wouldn't work if you could opt out of playing with other people in the world.
    Sometimes it's all about promotion and marketing. If they want to push a feature before release they don't mention it's either forced or optional. Hence my question if he knew since he knew someone who is in the beta.

PvP areas are opt in. You decide to go there or not. Even with not being able to encounter people in the world. PvP areas can still let you do so. It absolutely can and will work regardless of the 2 modes. I'm not saying "offline" play.

Encountering random people in the world might not be opt in. And that worries me. I know what happened in Immortal and the world stuff were garbage because you constantly had other players there.

So I'm still hoping until I hear 'you are forced to play with others' which I haven't heard is the case. Only that they are pushing for a social experience.

If It becomes as forced as Immortals the game might be a skip for me. Sadly... I doubt It though.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-11-09 at 07:37 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Diablo 4 will stay away from Lost Ark and stay closer to its original roots.
    Lost Ark is okay-ish, but it's a completely different game. It's also a Korean game and Korean MMORPGs are a grind. Sure, Diablo is all about grinding, but not no-life grind like Korean games.
    In my opinion, the only good thing in Lost Ark is the combat. Everything else is bad. The story, the character design, animation, sound, etc.... I don't like any of those, while I love everything Blizzard is doing about Diablo. Lost Ark has content because it's been out for a while, just not in the west.

I think I read somewhere about Open Beta in February available to all who preorder? Which if true suggests they are very confident with their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think I read somewhere about Open Beta in February available to all who preorder? Which if true suggests they are very confident with their product.
    They should be.

For those worrying about the LA influence, it's really the verticality and traversal, climbing, using ropes to ger across ledges and stuff like that.

Eh, not really. It was a lot of rose tinted "OMG I AM IN BETA" feelings I added 50+ people during it and we all quit within a week with the same conclusion. It's a very shallow experience atm, years away from being an ARPG to meet the standards PoE/Last Epoch etc. are setting.

I'm hoping Diablo 4 will stay away from Lost Ark and stay closer to its original roots.
    Lost Ark is okay-ish, but it's a completely different game. It's also a Korean game and Korean MMORPGs are a grind. Sure, Diablo is all about grinding, but not no-life grind like Korean games.
    In my opinion, the only good thing in Lost Ark is the combat. Everything else is bad. The story, the character design, animation, sound, etc.... I don't like any of those, while I love everything Blizzard is doing about Diablo. Lost Ark has content because it's been out for a while, just not in the west.
    What about the end game in lost ark ? good or bad ?

I am sorry but Immortal had shown us that they will go straight for peoples money.
    Pay for game and then pay for faster progress... or stay behind whales.
    This will be LA minus futuristic themes and 'casual' (like tropical isles) places.

No tradable item is a no for me , feel too much like d3.