Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    lol, I tend to avoid Youtube comments so missed all that.

But you're right in that he points out that it's neither super-duper-awesome nor is it horrible-awful-worst-thing-ever. It's dumb in a lot of ways yet still entertaining to some people. And he could have lifted arguments on both counts directly from this thread supporting either viewpoint.
    Honestly I think most pro-she-hulk people here have mostly been arguing that it's ok, worth watching but not fantastic?

It's growing on me though. I'm starting to think that the last three episodes were legitimately great. It might be the show/characters I'm most looking forward to seeing again.

Or it might be Ms Marvel, she was great all the way.

I'm upset Jennifer Walters doesn't show up in Wakanda and make Kevin fix their problems. Oh well, I'm sure she donated 50 cents a day to save a child in Wakanda. Thank goodness I just assume anything from phase 4 isn't cannon and the MCU doesn't feel like it sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Honestly I think most pro-she-hulk people here have mostly been arguing that it's ok, worth watching but not fantastic?
    Then you have an issue with your vision.

I'm starting to think that the last three episodes were legitimately great.
    Yep, seems like it.

You may have missed the collective swoon when "OMG, the show is making fun of the people who disagree with us!". Which Ryan correctly points out was fairly stupid on many levels.

Almost everyone in this thread has been extreme about this show in one direction or the other, there's been very little nuance.

You may have missed the collective swoon when "OMG, the show is making fun of the people who disagree with us!". Which Ryan correctly points out was fairly stupid on many levels.

Almost everyone in this thread has been extreme about this show in one direction or the other, there's been very little nuance.
    If you ignore the context, sure.

It's not hard otherwise to see that almost everyone agreed the show wasn't perfect and could be better, but it was enjoyable and about on par with most Marvel content. Nothing groundbreaking, but watchable.

Enjoying the fact that the show called out the exact massive trolling that was happening every episode was just the icing on the cake.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    That’s certainly how I describe it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you ignore the context, sure.

It's not hard otherwise to see that almost everyone agreed the show wasn't perfect and could be better, but it was enjoyable and about on par with most Marvel content. Nothing groundbreaking, but watchable.

Enjoying the fact that the show called out the exact massive trolling that was happening every episode was just the icing on the cake.
    Just to cite myself, since I posted pretty heavily and criticised a lot of bad takes throughout the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    On this point, before people come back with weak elements, I'm not arguing the writing is genius. Just serviceable. On par with any other decent sitcom. There's a whole lotta room between "bad" and "excellent", and I'm disputing "bad", not claiming "excellence".
    That was posted in the week after episode 6. I definitely wasn't ever "extreme" in my views on the show, just generally enjoying, especially as She-Hulk is a personal favorite character. In general terms of craft, I'd honestly rate it pretty low among MCU shows, with the caveat that even the "worst" one is like a 7/10 at worst (Falcon and Winter Soldier, IMHO, FWIW). Hence my hostility towards those claiming it was the worst thing ever and killed your dog.

Ryan points out that it might antagonize the people that are being made fun of. And, yeah, he might be right...but the issue is that those people have already proven they cannot be reasoned with. I'm not sure why it's on the rest of us to turn the other cheek.

Also, He does not, at any point, say that they were wrong about the things they were making fun of people for. Just that making fun of them isn't likely to cool things down.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

It's growing on me though. I'm starting to think that the last three episodes were legitimately great. It might be the show/characters I'm most looking forward to seeing again.

Or it might be Ms Marvel, she was great all the way.
    I don't think Kamala Kahn as Ms Marvel is going to get a lot of runtime in the MCU after the collective meh that was the reception for the series. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't particularly good either and got panned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't think Kamala Kahn as Ms Marvel is going to get a lot of runtime in the MCU after the collective meh that was the reception for the series. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't particularly good either and got panned.
    I don't know where you think it was "panned", but as UnifiedDivide pointed out, pretty much all reputable critics were effusive about it.

And before you link audience scores on anything like IMDB, review bombing/brigading is a thing and if you aren't using an aggregator that removes such scores, you're using intentionally tainted data and nobody should accept it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where you think it was "panned", but as UnifiedDivide pointed out, pretty much all reputable critics were effusive about it.

And before you link audience scores on anything like IMDB, review bombing/brigading is a thing and if you aren't using an aggregator that removes such scores, you're using intentionally tainted data and nobody should accept it.
    Critics does not and never has equated to viewer numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Critics does not and never has equated to viewer numbers.
    You're moving goalposts. You said it wasn't good and got panned. Now you're trying to talk about viewership. Those aren't the same thing and there isn't even really any direct connection; a lot of highly popular things are critically garbage. See the Transformers films, or Twilight films if shitting on Micheal Bay will get your ire up.

Oh lord it kicked up the ant hill.

Least viewed show. Critically reviewed well because "don't want to be that guy"

The irony how correct that video was.

- - - Updated - - -

You're moving goalposts. You said it wasn't good and got panned. Now you're trying to talk about viewership. Those aren't the same thing and there isn't even really any direct connection; a lot of highly popular things are critically garbage. See the Transformers films, or Twilight films if shitting on Micheal Bay will get your ire up.
    It got panned by anyone who is actually critical of movies, not by people paided to say nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    It got panned by anyone who is actually critical of movies, not by people paided to say nice things.
    Ah, the good ol' "they disagreed so they must be paid".

The audience score was also high. Tinfoil hat theories don't make your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Oh lord it kicked up the ant hill.

Least viewed show. Critically reviewed well because "don't want to be that guy"

The irony how correct that video was.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't care what Youtube hate reviewers think about, well, anything.

Ms. Marvel was well-received. Sure, a bunch of people brigaded and shitposted about it, but so fuckin' what?

Disney stock is slumping. And they blame the losses on their TV streaming schtuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Disney stock is slumping. And they blame the losses on their TV streaming schtuff.
    What.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disne...174514502.html

"A big part of the miss was really on the parks side," Geetha Ranganathan, senior media analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence, told Yahoo Finance Live (video above), citing the parks' consistent performance up until this quarter.

"We were seeing them report some really, really stupendous numbers in terms of park profitability," Ranganathan added. "So I think investors might have kind of thought that they can extend that. And there's been some really good steps taken by management, whether it's price increases, whether it's more operational efficiencies. But I guess the costs finally caught up."
    I don't know how much more clear that could be.

They do note that D+ is losing a bit, but that they expect it to start going upwards again with the new tier subscription.

Edit- This is also after D+ surpassed Netflix it looks like in sub count even.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-11-10 at 02:17 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Yo I’m one of the swooned and I’ll happily point out that while predicting and making fun of the angry man children who raged about the show was amazing to see and show cases how paint by numbers the complains were always going to be the show over all is just kinda ok. not great like moon knight and not bad like love and thunder.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Ms. Marvel was well-received. Sure, a bunch of people brigaded and shitposted about it, but so fuckin' what?
    Honestly surprised it didn't get more hate. But I guess they couldn't fall back on the "we should have gotten the traditional white blonde Ms. Marvel instead!!!" excuse...because we all saw how well they coped with that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yo I’m one of the swooned and I’ll happily point out that while predicting and making fun of the angry man children who raged about the show was amazing to see and show cases how paint by numbers the complains were always going to be the show over all is just kinda ok. not great like moon knight and not bad like love and thunder.
    Yeah apparently "I thought the way they made fun of online trolls was funny" equals "Everything about this show is super duper awesome"

Along similar lines...I don't think Love and Thunder is a very good movie...but goddamn do I love those goats.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-11-10 at 05:50 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah apparently "I thought the way they made fun of online trolls was funny" equals "Everything about this show is super duper awesome"

Along similar lines...I don't think Love and Thunder is a very good movie...but goddamn do I love those goats.
    I also think people sleep on the single goriest, most brutal fight scene in the entire MCU; that big fight in Zeus' realm. The blood's all gold, rather than red, which is why they get away with it, but the entire dais and all our heroes are just absolutely drenched in gold "blood" by the end of it.

It's not the best fight scene in Marvel, but it's kind of hilarious when you realize the silliness of changing the color and suddenly it's A-OK with the censors who determine ratings.

I also think people don't understand what they did with Gorr. He's a satirical take. He's the Edgiest Edgelord. He's a complete dork, and that's sort of the point. Gorr isn't even what's scary about him, it's the Necrosword itself, which is pretty much literally an Edge Lord, in that it's a sword, and one of the "kings" of swords in the known Marvel universe. They don't get overt on this, but it explains why Gorr's so sympathetic outside of the Necrosword's influence, and how utterly childish and tryhard his characterization is when he's using it. That's not really Gorr. That's the blade. And it's so fucking emo. Its idea of "badass" is cool sketches a 14-year-old emo kid draws in his notebook of super cool swords and monsters and shit. That's why it's kind of hard to take Gorr seriously; because he comes off like a kid obsessed with Death Note or something.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-11-10 at 05:59 AM.