Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what lame cheap shit.

i get the feeling, SL cost effectiveness is the new gold standard for Blizz. especially story telling. just throw in some quick nonsense cheap shit story, pull some heroes and some lame villains out of your ass and call it a day. imo it’s very cheap.

to me it seems Blizz tries out, how many subs they can loose again, while still making good profit, by using huge cost savings and by polishing profits via token. when WoD was there and was a fiasko, they at least tried to steer against, by delivering things. things like introduction of m+, order halls, weekly quests (new stuff at that time). you can say what you want about Legion, but there was at least still a try.

now lets look at the SL fiasko. they realized „oh, ppl just hate treadmill shit (or repetitive stuff, preventing alt playing), like soulbinds, gems, Korthia, Anima and so on. So lets just kill it for DF (spoiler: good descission). They also hate bad designed covenants, with problems timmy and his grandma already in beta realized. blizz was now also again like „just lets get rid of systems in DF“. (spoiler: again, good descission) but then that one single guy asked: but what we do instead? and blizz answered: nothing. do not improve quality. do not add more content. instead be even cheaper than SL, add nothing, create new talent trees, based on existing stuff and call it a dax. DF will be cheaper than SL, without Systems or Covenants (as i said: a good descission) and without more quality or content (not so good descision).

DF will be the cheapest xpac, ever released. you can quote this in 5 months from now, when everyone is realizing, HOW less and HOW cheap Blizz can deliver.
    i am so fucking confused what in the hell you are talking about here and what any of this has to do with the cinematic.

especially since dragonflight is one of their most expensive expacs, since they hired on if i remember correctly 200 more devs to work on it, and is our biggest expansion continent to date, one to also introduce mount customization finally, and preform a complete overhaul of the Ui and professions, all things you would not do if they were "trying to make cheap shit"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    When you do the Dracthyr starting area, you learn that Evokers are actually fairly rare, and your character is one of the only Dracthyr still alive that completed the training. I don't think you meet any Evoker NPCs.
    There is a fair few others, although in the like overall scope of what they once werte they are super rare.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    what lame cheap shit.

i get the feeling, SL cost effectiveness is the new gold standard for Blizz. especially story telling. just throw in some quick nonsense cheap shit story, pull some heroes and some lame villains out of your ass and call it a day. imo it’s very cheap.
    This really doesn’t make any sense.

If they were for quick and cheap they wouldn’t be spending the money to have there concept artist make up new looks for the aspects, wouldn’t be retelling the aspects getting there powers and deathwings fall as it only cost money to retread already finished story’s and animation isn’t cheap.

If you wanted to be cheap your just put out this one trailer reuse old designs and likely use 3D animations which are easier to make then drawn ones.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    And Jaina's. like 3 total rn
    Kimberly Brooks (captain gerrick) is one of the voices I hear most often in this game

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    When you do the Dracthyr starting area, you learn that Evokers are actually fairly rare, and your character is one of the only Dracthyr still alive that completed the training. I don't think you meet any Evoker NPCs.
    Oh I see.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This really doesn’t make any sense.

If they were for quick and cheap they wouldn’t be spending the money to have there concept artist make up new looks for the aspects, wouldn’t be retelling the aspects getting there powers and deathwings fall as it only cost money to retread already finished story’s and animation isn’t cheap.

If you wanted to be cheap your just put out this one trailer reuse old designs and likely use 3D animations which are easier to make then drawn ones.
    exactly the opposite is true.

they rehash things, because its cheap. re-telling existing story and creating new looks, based on existing ones, is way faster and way cheaper than invent and create something completely new.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-11-10 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    But is he though? The moment his Titan Slave Machine tm broke (why did titans make that?)
    Well that's an Artifact of Order, so that makes sense that such artifact can make an army behave as one instead of leaving any degree of free will (which would probably lead to chaos at one point)

People asking about why couldn't Nozdormu see these events need to answer "when has nozdormu EVER seen detailed, certain and preventable events in wow history?" If that were true he would have been able to prevent any tragedy that has ever occurred in Azeroth and he hasn't. He didn't see the legion attack the first time, he didn't see the legion attack the second time, he didn't see Deathwing was going to betray them, he didn't see the cataclysm coming.

Regarding Dracthyr with melee weapons: Blizzard decided the class they wanted to make was evokers but that doesn't mean they as race can't do anything other than that. There are many humans and night elves etc in Azeroth that fall into different classes than the ones we can actually play. Take Death Knights. In vanilla we couldn't play them, but we knew for a fact they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    You understand that this character should be a dragon human hybrid right??.???
    If you think that an animal like that would sound like a female human then this voice acting is prefect. In my mind they would sound different and not the same as humans.
    They sound exactly the same as Dragons have since whenever they first got voice acting. Why would they be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well that's an Artifact of Order, so that makes sense that such artifact can make an army behave as one instead of leaving any degree of free will (which would probably lead to chaos at one point)
    But it is not keeper size? Who would wear it? A stonecarved vrykul? To unify the earthen?

But it is not keeper size? Who would wear it?
    There's a tonne of Keeper and Titan artefacts that don't match the mammoth size of either.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    People asking about why couldn't Nozdormu see these events need to answer "when has nozdormu EVER seen detailed, certain and preventable events in wow history?" If that were true he would have been able to prevent any tragedy that has ever occurred in Azeroth and he hasn't. He didn't see the legion attack the first time, he didn't see the legion attack the second time, he didn't see Deathwing was going to betray them, he didn't see the cataclysm coming.

Regarding Dracthyr with melee weapons: Blizzard decided the class they wanted to make was evokers but that doesn't mean they as race can't do anything other than that. There are many humans and night elves etc in Azeroth that fall into different classes than the ones we can actually play. Take Death Knights. In vanilla we couldn't play them, but we knew for a fact they existed.
    Well, Nozdormus job isn't to prevent this stuff. He might know, but he can't say, cause he was told that he has to keep time flowing the way it is supposed to.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    exactly the opposite is true.

they rehash things, because its cheap. re-telling existing story and creating new looks, based on existing ones, is way faster and way cheaper than invent and create something completely new.
    You don’t update designs going the whole concept process if you want to be cheap you take what you already have and reuse it.

You also don’t spend the movie retelling lore to a wider audience if you want to be cheap instead you just point them towards the books and put out less episodes of legacy Saving massively on animation cost and Mabye even making a small profit of people who want to fill in the gaps.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Divada View Post
    Was that the last animated short? Super underwhelming.
    I thought we were supposed to get 4?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    Leads an army, army is defeated by a greater enemy, uses power they know they shouldn't use to overcome said enemy, falls to darkness because of it, has to be stopped by the heroes of azeroth, gets retconned by newer expansions, has a mini series about it.
    Damn when you put it that way...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    You understand that this character should be a dragon human hybrid right??.???
    If you think that an animal like that would sound like a female human then this voice acting is prefect. In my mind they would sound different and not the same as humans.
    This, they are basically mini dragons their voices should be more guttural than just a normal female voice. It makes no sense, I'd give it a pass in visage form but not this. Just shit implementation of VA and not thinking things through.

But it is not keeper size? Who would wear it? A stonecarved vrykul? To unify the earthen?
    Let's be real here, they've uninspiredly designed the infinity gauntlet, so let's assume it can also adapt to the wearer

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Let's be real here, they've uninspiredly designed the infinity gauntlet, so let's assume it can also adapt to the wearer
    Yes, I forgot WOW was a fantasy universe. Heck even cheap grey gear can adapt to any race or species to try them on. A gnome can wear a pair of tauren boots and not only will they not be too stretched out the soles will grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You know what's weird about this uh clip? All the Dracthyr use polearms instead of being spellcasters.
    It's not really when you know the lore of the dracthyr: the dracthyr race, as a whole, are not the powerful spellcasters that the evokers are. The dracthyr evoker is literally the 'creme de la creme' of the dracthyr, i.e. the "elite" or "blessed" or what-have-you, superior to the other dracthyrs, those who could wield all the five dragonflights' powers.

Not all dracthyr can wield the dragonflights' powers. Those that can't become the foot soldiers, the front liners, the ones wielding the halberds in the cinematic. Which is a good thing, in my opinion, because that means it's possible that those non-evokers dracthyrs in the future become playable as member of other classes, like a dracthyr warrior, or mage, or priest, etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not really when you know the lore of the dracthyr: the dracthyr race, as a whole, are not the powerful spellcasters that the evokers are. The dracthyr evoker is literally the 'creme de la creme' of the dracthyr, i.e. the "elite" or "blessed" or what-have-you, superior to the other dracthyrs, those who could wield all the five dragonflights' powers.

Not all dracthyr can wield the dragonflights' powers. Those that can't become the foot soldiers, the front liners, the ones wielding the halberds in the cinematic. Which is a good thing, in my opinion, because that means it's possible that those non-evokers dracthyrs in the future become playable as member of other classes, like a dracthyr warrior, or mage, or priest, etc.
    Begs the question why can't they be warriors etc now lol. Their own lore shows that Dracthyr can be more than Evokers lmao.

Begs the question why can't they be warriors etc now lol. Their own lore shows that Dracthyr can be more than Evokers lmao.
    Because Blizzard decided they want them to just be evokers right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Yeah, your guess is as good as mine in that regard.

My guess and hope is that Blizzard might open more classes for the dracthyr in the next expansion, but we'll likely start at just level one, instead of level 60 like the evoker, and might get a new, if tiny single-zone starting area, like the allied races.