Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I used to be against open race and class combos but not anymore.

However, the only issue I have is against DH and lock Maghat.

Like even velf paladins can be explained using disc priests but how can you justify Maghar dh and locks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    So you would just be forcing players to play races they don't want to play, by attaching gameplay benefits to them. Awful system.
    I'd say it'd be more like giving certain races some special perks just to sweeten the deal, like how Goblin and Gnome Hunters come with Mech Pet training or how Elven Hunters now have access to Dark Ranger customizations.

If you look at the OP's examples, he's more talking about customization and lore style perks than immediate gameplay boosts. And racial style perks aren't really a deal-breaker here. I mean, Mechagnomes were given some pretty strong Racials and it's not like everyone started rolling new mains.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-09 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'd say it'd be more like giving certain races some special perks just to sweeten the deal, like how Goblin and Gnome Hunters come with Mech Pet training or how Elven Hunters now have access to Dark Ranger customizations.

If you look at the OP's examples, he's more talking about customization and lore style perks than immediate gameplay boosts. And racial style perks aren't really a deal-breaker here. I mean, Mechagnomes were given some pretty strong Racials and it's not like everyone started rolling new mains.
    I did say that thw gameplay would slightly chance like a gnome or goblin placing turrets or an elf using bows and elune power changing a little the damage of some abilities but not to the point were they directly make one race better than the rest of them just some more survivability and/or a little more damage (not more than 2% more) making wverything just make you feel like your character really is different form others of the same class but from other race

Quote Originally Posted by DracoTH View Post
    I did say that thw gameplay would slightly chance like a gnome or goblin placing turrets or an elf using bows and elune power changing a little the damage of some abilities but not to the point were they directly make one race better than the rest of them just some more survivability and/or a little more damage (not more than 2% more) making wverything just make you feel like your character really is different form others of the same class but from other race
    I think racial glyphs for existing abilities could also work for this.

Like if Turret gameplay is what you want, have it specific to certain classes like Warlocks, Shamans or Mages and have a race-specific talent or customization option to change their minion/totems into Turrets.

I actually think with enough visual customization, a Tinker could be an entire class skin for casters. As a Tinker skin, you get to visually equip the backpack contraption that allows you to visually fire rockets and beams and toss explosives at your enemies. Mages, Warlocks, Shamans could all have variant skins that share Tinker FX and visuals. Big fiery spells would be changed into rockets and explosives. Arcane, frost, lightning and shadow spells would visually become beams and lasers. Minions would be given robot minion overhauls, bringing in classic Clockwork Goblin style looks or as Mobile Turrets.

I tend to look at MOBA style Hero skins as an example of how far you can really get with just changing the visuals of abilities to make a completely different character.

To be honest, the only downside I see is the amount of artwork that may be needed for what is otherwise a glorified transmog. But I think it'd go a long ways in character customization, moreso than say what they did with the Dark Ranger skins for Elves.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-09 at 08:47 PM.

I'd rather have racial identity translate into cosmetic armors and character customization than in yet another progress thing that would require balance, and would constantly be changed, cut down, rebranded, etc.

The racials we have are a small touch, nice enough as it is.

Although, there are some funny ideas here. I like to have more human realm distinctions and more gadgets for gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think racial glyphs for existing abilities could also work for this.

Like if Turret gameplay is what you want, have it specific to certain classes like Warlocks, Shamans or Mages and have a race-specific talent or customization option to change their minion/totems into Turrets.

I actually think with enough visual customization, a Tinker could be an entire class skin for casters. As a Tinker skin, you get to visually equip the backpack contraption that allows you to visually fire rockets and beams and toss explosives at your enemies. Mages, Warlocks, Shamans could all have variant skins that share Tinker FX and visuals. Big fiery spells would be changed into rockets and explosives. Arcane, frost, lightning and shadow spells would visually become beams and lasers. Minions would be given robot minion overhauls, bringing in classic Clockwork Goblin style looks or as Mobile Turrets.

I tend to look at MOBA style Hero skins as an example of how far you can really get with just changing the visuals of abilities to make a completely different character.

To be honest, the only downside I see is the amount of artwork that may be needed for what is otherwise a glorified transmog. But I think it'd go a long ways in character customization, moreso than say what they did with the Dark Ranger skins for Elves.
    I do want a tinker, but not as a class skin, a complete class could be easily added, but even though a lot of races use technology only gnomes and goblins can be seen tinkering, so it would be just like dh and evoker, a really restricted class, for at least one or two expansions.
    I like warlocks having demons and not turrets, so my idea is to get turrets for the race, and depending on your class your turrets will do some kind of damage, so if you're an arcane mage your turrets will do arcane damage, but if you are a destro warlock, your turrets would do chaos damage (everything except physical and holy) and you could keep it that way, the other path were you have more personal gadgets would get you more movement and casting speed for casters and for melee more damage, the path for the energy storage would be just like I described and it would be helpful but wouldn't give you damage boosts or somethings like that, and unlike the turret + mechsuit or the personal gadget builds, you wouldn't be able to fly with a machine inside instances.
    So basically every class would be compatible with every possible form you could build your racial talent tree, wanna be a thecnomage goblin or gnome, be one, wanna be a fel runic blade master being a belf dh or lock, be one, the possibilities I see would be endless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I'd rather have racial identity translate into cosmetic armors and character customization than in yet another progress thing that would require balance, and would constantly be changed, cut down, rebranded, etc.

The racials we have are a small touch, nice enough as it is.

Although, there are some funny ideas here. I like to have more human realm distinctions and more gadgets for gnomes.
    The cosmetic part would be constant, yeah, your race could change on effectiveness when the expansion changes, but your visuals would still be there

I have wanted gnome druids forever and even bookmarked an old post where the guy like highlighted everything that would make Gnome Druids make sense.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...bo-Gnome-Druid

At this point, I feel like every race/class/faction have worked together long enough, just unlock it all and let us pick our faction.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    In part because of racial cultural taboos. As an example, any race that holds the concept of "honor" as preeminent in ideology isn't going to even consider any class that goes against that.

"Culture" is just another thing that the writers never bothered with. And I see that as an immense loss since there's "work-arounds" that can be played with.
    Problem is - "honor ideology" isn't racial thing. It's cultural, but not racial. Therefore race choice =/= ideology choice.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Problem is - "honor ideology" isn't racial thing. It's cultural, but not racial. Therefore race choice =/= ideology choice.
    But that's not the "belief."

But that's not the "belief."
    I mean, just being born as certain race doesn't make you good or bad. Culture does. But race =/= culture. One race can have several cultures. Some can choose to be Paladins, but some others can pick Rogues instead. And such choice is more RPish, than artificial restrictions, we had before.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I mean, just being born as certain race doesn't make you good or bad. Culture does. But race =/= culture. One race can have several cultures. Some can choose to be Paladins, but some others can pick Rogues instead. And such choice is more RPish, than artificial restrictions, we had before.
    I'm looking to the real world for examples, not fantasy. And in doing that I admit the problem of having only one race, the human race, for perspective. And I can't go much further without delving into topics that are taboo here.
    Hmm...in my rewrite, I ask how to quantify "being;"
    "human" being;
    "tauren" being;
    "orc" being;
    "dwarf" being, etc... The spiritual being of Tauren could never have anything in common with the grasping greedy goblin. Sure, there may be an exception, but such an exception would be the example of going against one's own nature.

Blizzard is not releasing this so they can bait you later with it since they know people in these forums will be baited hard with all class/race lawl kek

The spiritual being of Tauren could never have anything in common with the grasping greedy goblin.
    Why not? What you talk about - are nothing more than racial cliches. Everybody can be greedy regardless of race.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-11-10 at 11:55 AM.

Why not? What you talk about - are nothing more than racial cliches. Everybody can be greedy regardless of race.
    Nope. It's about how culture is tied tightly to "being." *shrugs* If you imagine that's bad, then you won't like how I have certain classes structured in my rewrite. For example, "paladin" has a commonality within respective beliefs between Tauren and Human, but differ because of cultural characteristics. That much should be obvious. Less obvious will be differences seen in "priest," "druid," "shaman" among others. But belief structures are always connected to cultural being.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2022-11-10 at 12:41 PM.

Only issue I have is justification for maghar locks and DH.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoTH View Post
    This is what I would love to have if they give us all clases, but not like some might think, it wouldn't be purely cosmetic, or just a few points to make our racial stronger, we would also have new mechanics, that would change between races, here are my ideas for every race(allied races included)
    Says every race. Forgets Pandaren.
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny

Nah I dont want to see this attempt to be balanced, Im down with making classes more accessible to more races, im down with making racials impactful again, im just not down with something blizzard would be incapable of balancing.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Says every race. Forgets Pandaren.
    Oh my god I did
    I'm a fan of the pandaren how could i forget them
    I'll add them in a few minutes when I get to my pc

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Like even velf paladins can be explained using disc priests
    Except paladins are infused with light unlike priests who channel it. And since void energies are highly unstable and, more often than not, explosive when mixed with other energies so a void infused elf also becoming light infused does not sound like a healthy mix.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh really? There are people who like Pandaren?
    I only play Pandaren.
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny