Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    In dragon form? Nah. The ugliest race are goblins followed by male dwarves imo. The dracthyr look fine to me.
    They just move funny and I can't get passed the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    That's assuming they know the word flamboyant and what it means. And generally speaking a flamboyant gay man typically has a far more drastic appearance than a flamboyant straight man. If you were to google both I highly doubt you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and which one looks closer to a Dracthyr visage form.

Certainly some of them hate it cause its "gay" that doesn't mean all of them do. I like Scene girls, I like Worf and used them as an example of what they look like even though I hate the dracthyr appearances. If I say I hate them because they look rednecky that doesn't necessarily mean I hate rednecks. It will however help you see the traits I don't like about them based on your perception of them like missing teeth, a beard, flannel or a wifebeater, etc...

Yes you can have more muted hair/scale colors and remove all the jewelry but you can't fully remove the scales or the ear fins??(not sure what to call them). The problem is Blizzard isn't showing that to them in the preview images. Infact if you didn't do any research you would assume you are forced to have body scales based on the preview which luckily you can remove just not the scale skullcap thing. You can't really blame people for getting upset if Blizzard is only showing the flash.

I didn't play in the alpha. Lorewise are they actually wearing armor that shapeshifts or is it an illusion they cast on their normal Dracthyr form? I don't understand why they half assed the transmog, and vision form and shit on a race that is creating 99% of it with magic.
    bolded- and that would be fine, issue is all of them who bring it up say they hate it cause it's gay, fi they hate it cause its flamboyant, does not matter if the person is gay or not, cause as you say both can be, it is a trait any single person can have, regardless of gender or sexuality.

there is no ear fins... you just have elf ears...

The visage form armor is fake, the real armor is what they wear in their dragon form.

the reason the mog is so limited is because of their size, they are super tall but also skinny, they are tauren tall, and unless they also made them tauren wide, which would look fucking insane, any armor their wear would be streched to fuck, nevermind their feet cant use boots, their heads cant wear normal helmets well

so they did the 3d parts, belt, shoulders, and weapon. otherwise we may see the rest later.
    but really that is better off then druids, who have to sit in zero transmog all day every day, dracthyr get more customization then all the allied races combined, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    So by that logic, if I don't want to date a trans person? I'm a bigot?
    Even for you, that's a wild stretch bro...
    When the actual fuck did I say that? You know, for a guy that loves to accuse me of strawmanning you certainly seem to have a pretty firm grasp of them yourself.

I don't care whether you feel like dating a trans person. I care if you think using bigoted language to describe trans people is socially acceptable. It isn't.

Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    What the hell are you on about? The world is not some happy place where everything is rosy and smells like freshly ground coffee beans. It's fucking harsh out there man. If you don't know how to deal with shit, others who do will eat you up. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there man. You should try going out and seeing for yourself. It never hurts to be prepared to deal with situations, instead of saying "Well he SHOULDNT have done that". Well guess what. He did. Whatever X is. And now you gotta deal with that. So deal with it.
    This is the type of language MRAs and idiots like Andrew Tate use to rile up the masses to get behind wildly misogynistic and anti-progressive ideology. The whole "toughen up" movement completely bypasses the very real struggles that people on the receiving end of targeted hate have to deal with. This isn't about "dealing with" a cruel and unjust world. It's about making sure that a cruel and unjust world doesn't exist in the first place.

And page 10 this is what it looks like to be a shit show that as ascended to a level beyond a shitshow we will call this shitshow 2....

And this....IS SHITSHOW 3

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is no ear fins... you just have elf ears...

The visage form armor is fake, the real armor is what they wear in their dragon form.

the reason the mog is so limited is because of their size, they are super tall but also skinny, they are tauren tall, and unless they also made them tauren wide, which would look fucking insane, any armor their wear would be streched to fuck, nevermind their feet cant use boots, their heads cant wear normal helmets well

so they did the 3d parts, belt, shoulders, and weapon. otherwise we may see the rest later.
    but really that is better off then druids, who have to sit in zero transmog all day every day, dracthyr get more customization then all the allied races combined, and then some.
    Theres points on the ears. Like its a hybrid between a fishman/dragon ear and an elf ear.

But can't you be naked in dragonoid form?

Yeah I guess it is better than druids but druids were designed decades ago. They could have made the dragon form either use armor better or make them more dragon like and no armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    When the actual fuck did I say that? You know, for a guy that loves to accuse me of strawmanning you certainly seem to have a pretty firm grasp of them yourself.

I don't care whether you feel like dating a trans person. I care if you think using bigoted language to describe trans people is socially acceptable. It isn't.

Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the type of language MRAs and idiots like Andrew Tate use to rile up the masses to get behind wildly misogynistic and anti-progressive ideology. The whole "toughen up" movement completely bypasses the very real struggles that people on the receiving end of targeted hate have to deal with. This isn't about "dealing with" a cruel and unjust world. It's about making sure that a cruel and unjust world doesn't exist in the first place.
    Recorded human history of the past 7,000 years would disagree with you there. It's the totalitarians who claim they can create a "Utopia". Much like Stalin. It's not feasible dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    The male version looks so gay. That's stupid because much too woke.

(I have nothing against gays.)
    It's not "male" though. It's main body-- sorry, body 1.

These things looks gross. . .
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2022-11-11 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Recorded human history of the past 7,000 years would disagree with you there. It's the totalitarians who claim they can create a "Utopia". Much like Stalin. It's not feasible dude.
    I'm not asking for utopia. I'm asking for people to stop using bigoted language against people who did nothing to them other than choose to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You can choose a vairent with a much larger body, and there is many face varients without the grin so don't worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Man lamenting about the days when you could call people racial/anti-semetic/homophobic slurs and not get in trouble for it is not exactly something you should be proud of...
    I see it more as a time where people weren't as offended as today, people back in the day had a thicker skin, now everyone is made of glass
    Last edited by Dark-Zarupia; 2022-11-11 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    It's not "male" though. It's main body-- sorry, body 1.
    Yes, it's ridiculous that they call it body 1 and 2. That is pure woke bullshit.

I'm just going to call them Dragthyr from now on. It seems so fitting with their visage make-up.
    Last edited by Zalraki; 2022-11-11 at 11:36 AM.

I'm not asking for utopia. I'm asking for people to stop using bigoted language against people who did nothing to them other than choose to exist.
    Youre asking them to submit and lie to comply.

I'm excited to try them out, if nothing else. If their looks don't suit you, but the class does, can just zoom in all the way so you're playing in first-person.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    I don't want anybody to lie. I'm asking for people to have a base level of empathy and respect for their fellow human beings. This would be a fairly uncontroversial take anywhere except the WoW community.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look awesome, with tons of options. Can't wait to play a class that harnesses the power of the dragonflights.

If they had bigger heads, shorter necks and were bulkier it would be an awesome race. Could be more classes > Godlike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    I see it more as a time where people weren't as offended as today, people back in the day had a thicker skin, now everyone is made of glass
    Pretty sure it’s less of having a thicker skin and more that if you didn’t pretend things didn’t bother you that you would be further ridiculed and made fun of, which still holds true today. Or even further back, back in the early 90s, 80s, and before, where people would be beaten openly, and sometimes worse, for being who they are or show support for others.

- - - Updated - - -

So asking people to not be shitty human beings is wanting them to submit and comply?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post

So asking people to not be shitty human beings is wanting them to submit and comply?
    Of course the dude who wants people to lie lies even about the argument made... you want people to lie against their own believes just to sumbit to your own ideas. Thats all there is to it. The irony trying to shame people for what you believe is wrong to stop them shaming you for what they believe is wrong is also completely lost to you of course as that would require self-reflection.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want anybody to lie. I'm asking for people to have a base level of empathy and respect for their fellow human beings. This would be a fairly uncontroversial take anywhere except the WoW community.
    Telling people not to say what they believe is true is asking them to lie.

Telling people not to say what they believe is true is asking them to lie.
    There are ways to express yourself without using bigoted terminology. If you simply cannot express your views without using hate speech then you have issues well beyond the scope of what I'm asking from people here.