Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There are ways to express yourself without using bigoted terminology. If you simply cannot express your views without using hate speech then you have issues well beyond the scope of what I'm asking from people here.
    Right... because calling people bigots or phobic is not hate speech according to your one-sided definition?

There are ways to express yourself without using bigoted terminology. If you simply cannot express your views without using hate speech then you have issues well beyond the scope of what I'm asking from people here.
    Your idea of bad terminology is subjective perception. There is no objective view on good/bad words, strictly speaking words dont even hold the same meaning for different people, you just operate on the assumption its identical and so you interpret people under your definition unknowing if the other person didn't even mean it like that. I find it also hypocritical to always praise diversity but act like the sky is falling when you actually encounter people from different cultures who think different. Gotta pick, either you bunker down and join the build a wall fans or you accept people from different cultures will also have different worldviews that clash with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Right... because calling people bigots or phobic is not hate speech according to your one-sided definition?
    If the shoe fits?

This isn't complicated. If you don't like being called a bigot maybe don't use bigoted terminology? Respect your fellow human beings and do your part in making this world a better place for everybody to live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    Your idea of bad terminology is subjective perception. There is no objective view on good/bad words, strictly speaking words dont even hold the same meaning for different people, you just operate on the assumption its identical and so you interpret people under your definition unknowing if the other person didn't even mean it like that. I find it also hypocritical to always praise diversity but act like the sky is falling when you actually encounter people from different cultures who think different. Gotta pick, either you bunker down and join the build a wall fans or you accept people from different cultures will also have different worldviews that clash with yours.
    Except there is an objective truth here. Using transphobic or homosexual slurs is objectively bad. There is no room for bigotry in modern society.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You flunk out of school or something? Hate speech is based on innate characteristics that can’t be changed, being a bigot isn’t Innate or unchangeable pal.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

If the shoe fits?

This isn't complicated. If you don't like being called a bigot maybe don't use bigoted terminology? Respect your fellow human beings and do your part in making this world a better place for everybody to live in.
    Here's the difference in way that even you should be able to understand:

Random person: I hate gays/trans!
    LGBTQ community: You bigot!
    This one is valid.

Random person: I don't want to get involved in this discussion.
    Hate speech from the community.

Random person: I don't want to watch this tv show because it's pushing an agenda instead of being good.
    Hate speech from the community with a minor valid point.

Random person: I want the option to play as a tough looking male in game.

Random person with a science degree: Research shows that gender swapping is bad for a child's development.

See the pattern here and who is actually causing more hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    I might be an outlier but that's fine. This race and the two classes just do not appeal to me. They look very strange and odd like, not in an attractive quality but in a very fake quality. The two classes look clunky and unfun. I think I will wait to give them a try deep into the expansion once it's more refined from live play.

I'll be honest, there might not be a good race that I think they've added. They've all been goofy in their own ways. Even the original models. Let's just say the character models aren't a strong suit for World of Warcraft.
    That's cause they were pulled out of a 2nd life scalie fan fic, it's almost uncanny how similar it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Your comparing clowns at a bank with avoiding a race because it reminds you of gay/queer people.

If the idea of gay/queer people upsets you to this extent your fragile and there’s no reasonable way around that.
    Less an upset feeling, more of disgust. Why would I want to play a character that appears gay to me if I'm not gay?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzards gone super woke, snapping to the other extreme after all their dirty laundry exposed how shitty they treat their employees, especially women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    You're arguing about something else that has nothing to do, nobody is saying not liking something automatically makes you a bigot lol.

You don't white shirts because you prefer the color black. I don't like Dracthyr because I think they look more like lizards than dragons (think of the CRPG Divinity). He doesn't like Dracthyr because he thinks they look queer.

Which one is the bigot?
    I don't like them because #1 yes the look like geckos and not actual drakonid, they look lanky and weak. and #2 the visage forms look like drag queens which are often gay, i dont want to play a character that looks like a drag queen, insane i know. If you can remove all the makeup shit I might try them out, but even then its dumb that they are restricted to blood elf/female human forms.

If the shoe fits?

Except there is an objective truth here. Using transphobic or homosexual slurs is objectively bad. There is no room for bigotry in modern society.
    And again just your opinon on it. The only objective part here is you cant be objective since you always just say im right.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Wait a second! Why she-dragons don't have dragon-boobs?!
    The most important question. This is a customization that we desperately needed, Blizzard!

More seriously, I wish they would've toned down the 'Visage Form' extras, and instead opened it up to a bunch more race/gender options. Male elf or female human is... stupid. Why not male and female for both? Also add in Orcs and Night Elves? Or Trolls and Draenei? More options are required here.

And again just your opinon on it. The only objective part here is you cant be objective since you always just say im right.
    Wait. Are you saying it’s not bad to use hate speech? Is that your take on this topic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    That's cause they were pulled out of a 2nd life scalie fan fic, it's almost uncanny how similar it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Less an upset feeling, more of disgust. Why would I want to play a character that appears gay to me if I'm not gay?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzards gone super woke, snapping to the other extreme after all their dirty laundry exposed how shitty they treat their employees, especially women.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like them because #1 yes the look like geckos and not actual drakonid, they look lanky and weak. and #2 the visage forms look like drag queens which are often gay, i dont want to play a character that looks like a drag queen, insane i know. If you can remove all the makeup shit I might try them out, but even then its dumb that they are restricted to blood elf/female human forms.
    With views this narrow, you must have a hard time seeing the walls going down a hallway.
    You had two decent points in all your responses that don’t have some kind of homophobic undertones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wait. Are you saying it’s not bad to use hate speech? Is that your take on this topic?

- - - Updated - - -

With views this narrow, you must have a hard time seeing the walls going down a hallway.
    You had two decent points in all your responses that don’t have some kind of homophobic undertones.
    Whats so narrow? that i don't like playing characters that appear queer to me? ok? lmao I don't care if your gay or want to have a character that looks queer, that's your choice. It's just not for me. I don't hate anyone, that term has really become watered down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Heresy laws would be more accurate description to how the term hate speech is used in west to silence opposition against current trends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since when is being a bigot an immutable characteristic? You can choose not to be a bigot. It's really easy, in fact.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Whats so narrow? that i don't like playing characters that appear queer to me? ok? lmao I don't care if your gay or want to have a character that looks queer, that's your choice. It's just not for me. I don't hate anyone, that term has really become watered down.
    “Gay/Queer people disgust me, but I don’t hate any one!”

Like really who would buy that?
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-11-11 at 05:38 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heresy laws would be more accurate description to how the term hate speech is used in west to silence opposition against current trends.
    What, current trends like not marginalizing or harassing groups of people based on their skin color or gender?

I don't know why you're fighting so hard for the right to hate people you don't even know.

- - - Updated - - -

Your personal freedom stops at the point where it infringes on the personal freedom of others. Discrimination, harassment, hate speech, these things have no place in a civil society, and those who voluntarily engage in those behaviors should be ostracized from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What, current trends like not marginalizing or harassing groups of people based on their skin color or gender?

I don't know why you're fighting so hard for the right to hate people you don't even know.

- - - Updated - - -

Your personal freedom stops at the point where it infringes on the personal freedom of others. Discrimination, harassment, hate speech, these things have no place in a civil society, and those who voluntarily engage in those behaviors should be ostracized from it.
    Forbes recently wrote they plan to make more money from the trans customers than the entire movie industry. Its worse than the crackhead business since there is no rehab for cutting your dick off. And every time people point out its a scam the proponents want to hide behind the hate speech cover. Imagine people would tell you you cant say anything against drugs thats hate speech. Even criminals werent so shameless.

You literally had a post stating gay people disgust you.
    Then you say the male Dracthyr look like drag queens. If that’s your idea of a drag queen then I’m pretty sure you’ve never actually looked too closely at one.
    If you don’t want to play a character because of how it looks, fine, but the reasons you gave have some connotations about you that you might not even be aware of. You didn’t say you don’t want to play them because of their look doesn’t appeal to you, or anything else that sounds better than your wording of disgust.

- - - Updated - - -

Except those don’t apply in the context of this conversation. We aren’t discussing whether or not I’m threatening to expose someone for hate speech in a private conversation I had with them with no witnesses around or written proof. The topic was people not being bigoted and using hate speech in general, and your stance on it seems to be that it’s okay, because otherwise not being a terrible person means that you’re being subjugated by others.

You’re taking the stance that people should be allowed to say whatever horrible thing they want and people should accept it, otherwise they would be subjugated to a lie. Meanwhile, you overlook the fact that you want the people on the other side to be subjugated to the whims of people who hate them by not saying anything and just allowing people to be mean and hurtful. It’s a bit hypocritical.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Wow. The first page of this thread is the most intensely bigoted experience I've had in a year or so. Of course you have MAGAisms like woke, snowflake and, of course, the "i have nothing against gays" followed by a bunch of homophobic remarks. Interesting community we have.

EDIT: Holy moly it's the entire 11 page thread. What have we come to? It's almost like the Human Male Paladins are specifically targeting Evokers because it threatens their manhood. Freaky stuff.
    Last edited by Koollan; 2022-11-11 at 07:31 PM.
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

15+ Year Old Account
    Forbes recently wrote they plan to make more money from the trans customers than the entire movie industry. Its worse than the crackhead business since there is no rehab for cutting your dick off. And every time people point out its a scam the proponents want to hide behind the hate speech cover. Imagine people would tell you you cant say anything against drugs thats hate speech. Even criminals werent so shameless.
    Some of the most psychotic shit I've ever read on these forums which is saying something. Thanks for the entertainment.

Overall I think they look fine. Nothing groundbreaking in their design (with the exception of the sheer amount of customization options). Regardless, I will try one out and perhaps main it if it's a blast to play. My main issue with them is the lack of armor options usable on the Dracthyr form. Maybe in the future we will see transmog options open up.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact you just can't wrap your mind around how horrible your sentence is and what is wrong with it speaks so much for your education.

Imagine you were saying what you just said to someone about their race, including using racial slurs.
    I ain't gunna copy your sentence, cause holy fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content