Poll: Which edition did you go for and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I usually go for the extra stuff but this time just the base. I can’t imagine the dragon mount will be that special once we get our DF mount, and all the rest seems pretty lame. The hearthstone too is a letdown.

Also I really don’t like boosting characters. You never get that connection with them.

So.. this time I’m just base.

The rewards for anything above Basic aren't worth it, believe me.. I bought that edition and everyone has it, nothing unique about them, the wings are tiny, the pet is ugly, the mount is alright but everything in DF will take a steaming dung on it

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure. I don't like anything in the epic but with the 30 day game time is only $5 more (using USD since poll is in GBP and doesn't include epic anyways). I haven't been subscribed so still weighing if I will do a month or two or come back for at least 6-months. I don't even really care to much about the Heroic edition and I don't have anything for a boost to 60 since drac'thyr have that built in.

So I might even get the standard edition for the first time since WotLK.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    No chance I'm getting that pCE if it only comes from Blizzard's rip-off store. I don't really like most of the CE digital rewards this time around, so I will probably not get that either. If there was a version below basic I would probably get that until I have at least a shred of confidence that Blizzard did better itself in the last year...

It's a Blizzard game. The game itself comes from Blizzard's store.

And I got the physical collector's edition, because I've gotten every collector's edition since TBC, and I'm not stopping now.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Even the base expansion is a rip off, nevermind the larger expansions.
    40 pounds for an expansion is nowhere near reasonable, and to then charge 10-15 bucks per month on top of that makes WoW's price point laughable.

To then up that to 130????
    Look, if you are a diehard fan you will shell out whatever Blizzard asks, but for the rest of us, there is no way to justify that price point, especially when you barely get anything extra for it, and most of what you do get is for dead/irrelevant games.

CE, because I own all the other CE's, including vanilla. It is however the only CE's or physical boxes I ever buy.

I sell carry runs each week while gearing via vault so I have an absurd amount of gold. I mostly get the collectors edition because there isn't really any feasible thing I could spend the gold on otherwise barring removed bmah mounts.

Its not listed here for some reason but I got the Epic Edition for $90. I was originally planning for Heroic but epic was only $5 more because it includes a month of gametime

10+ Year Old Account
    First expansion I am not buying. I noticed that my gaming tastes evolved. I am less and less interested in RPGs.

I still get the itch to play but I have no interest in chasing WoW's raid/dungeon/pvp treadmill anymore. That basically leaves the initial expansion questing experience, which I'm sure would be fun but not worth the entry price. Besides, it's not hard to find a content creator that will tell you all about the latest lore.

Not interested in DF but if i decide otherwise in the future... i love physical stuff i can put on my shelf so CE all the way.
    Any in-game 'goodies' are absolutely worthless for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot imagine paying $130 for some useless swag.

I bought heroic edition. Was thinking about CE again but I just don't have space for more in my house.

Always buy the Collector’s Edition - it’s the only game I do it for tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Its not listed here for some reason but I got the Epic Edition for $90. I was originally planning for Heroic but epic was only $5 more because it includes a month of gametime
    Basically this. The extra $5 is nothing for the extra items you get, plus the cool knick-knacks for the heroic edition. Me and my friend are playing the game everyday together for the last month, so I'm willing to spend more to enjoy some extra things. I used to always get the physical CE's for WoW, but, they are overpriced box art now. You get a lot less than what you used to for even more cost (Or the same) which is unfortunately bad value.

Base game

Gotta try this new expansion thing. Haven't checked the news or anything for months. Don't even know the exact launch date. Maybe that makes it a bit fresh for me, not knowing anything.

Whats this talent thing? Geeez

I'm going with base... as someone said.. I also have a difficult time "connecting" with a boasted char. and leveling nowadays is not that time consuming

Do as I always do: buy the basic version and wait for the discount on the Epic version, so this way you can play the xpac at launch and collect the perks that come with the Epic version. Unless you want the CE's box, so that leaves you with only one option.