https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/...Ir8d_LXGA&s=19

Decent thread overall but can anyone specifically tell me what the fuck this word salad even means?

So like...a bank? Backwards compatibility? Checks? A single balance sheet? What the absolute fuck lol, Twitter has a bright future with Elon at the helm.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Decent thread overall but can anyone specifically tell me what the fuck this word salad even means?

So like...a bank? Backwards compatibility? Checks? A single balance sheet? What the absolute fuck lol, Twitter has a bright future with Elon at the helm.
    No idea. But have never used a single check in my adult life to pay for anything.

On the Eli thing since twitter is private now would that have a legal standing to sue for losses?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Musk is trying to turn Twitter into a super app. Like China’s WeChat, which started out as a messaging app, then expanded into payments, shopping, food ordering, cab services, etc.

The closest comparison we have in the US is Facebook, with Marketplace, Pay, Shop, etc. Unfortunately for Zuck, the US regulators nixed Libra.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-11-11 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    No idea. But have never used a single check in my adult life to pay for anything.
    Rent checks are still very much a thing at least, but that's about the only time I use that legacy paper.

On the Eli thing since twitter is private now would that have a legal standing to sue for losses?
    Good question! Will be interesting to see if they think they have legal options to pursue. There's only on party responsible for this now, Elon.

Interesting? This is a major eff up on Twitter with the verification. Likely thin ice of succeeding.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Not just them, Lockhead Martin and other Pharma companies are seeing stocks tank as impersonators hit twitter with fake announcements.

But no, advertisers are pulling out of Twitter because the Woke Mafia has strong-armed them into not bowing to King Elon; and not because Musks' stupid as fuck changes to the platform are a tangible threat to the brands' financial stability.

Granted, it's fucking' hilarious to see Arms manufacturers and predatory pharma companies taking massive Ls because their stock investors are twitchier and more easily startled than a Doe on Cocaine and fell for obviously fake tweets without doing a modicum of research.

Good i hope they dive even more.
    The shame of this country allowing companies like this to make insulin a huge profit driver is embarrassing.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Granted, it's fucking' hilarious to see Arms manufacturers and predatory pharma companies taking massive Ls because their stock investors are twitchier and more easily startled than a Doe on Cocaine and fell for obviously fake tweets without doing a modicum of research.
    If ever there was a better example of investors and markets responding to feels rather than anything in reality, this is probably it.

It's like they're permanently high on weed, but in the "deep paranoia" state and never getting to the "chill" state, lol.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rent checks are still very much a thing at least, but that's about the only time I use that legacy paper.

Good question! Will be interesting to see if they think they have legal options to pursue. There's only on party responsible for this now, Elon.
    I haven't found one that wouldn't take a money order or transfer of funds to a bank account
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Another major ad agency recommends pausing Twitter ad campaigns

Omnicom, one of the world’s biggest ad firms, representing brands like McDonald’s, Apple, and PepsiCo, is recommending clients pause spending on Twitter, according to an internal memo obtained by The Verge

Rumor is Pepsi suspended and maybe Coke(?). It's complicated but obviously big corporations use multiple ad agencies to advertise. Sorta why Fox will get some of the main corporations. Well, let's be honest they can't help having all the old eyes watching a tv channel 12 hours a day to bombard them with advertising. Sorry I got off track.

Personally who wants it to burn I love these fake accounts. Honestly most of the are "based". Most make fun of free insulin, when insulin was intended to be free but is now price gouged. Forget which weapons company speaking about Saudi weapons for war. Of course overthrowing South American governments for Banana Republics.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhh... Really? This tweet tanking the stocks like that seems rather strange. Surely people didn't actually think it was going to be literally free?

I don't really buy this guys reasoning either, that millions are suddenly questioning why they have to pay for it so much, when it was made to be affordable. Surely people on insulin already knew that, but have to keep paying anyway. It's not like they can just stop taking insulin to protest the prices or something, right? And I'm pretty sure the stock holders ought to know that.

Either way, I'm not complaining. Fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Uhhhh... Really? This tweet tanking the stocks like that seems rather strange. Surely people didn't actually think it was going to be literally free?
    Considering investors have never, as a group, acted rationally, this absolutely makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If he declares bankruptcy he wouldn't be liable for the loan or the interest on it but he can restructure the company and sell it for parts. He doesn't need to make 44 billion dollars by doing so just his part of the investment. The problem I can see with this strategy is that Twitter is too high profile to do a vulture capitalist / money laundering scheme of his stocks for profit. There's too much scrutiny and he would be audited by a government agency if nothing for national security. There's also the fact that he took money from the Saudis and the Chinese the kind of people that bone saw you if you get on their bad side.
    Still crazy how easy and acceptable for the weathly to wiggle out of debt via bankruptcy but you will middle mfers standing in the way of any sort of debt relief for college students.

Sometimes society deserves to get exploited by billionaires like Musk.

Yes and China would absolutely be on his ass if he pulled that shit. Sounds like Chinese praise but it's not, just highlighting the shit the US let's people get away with.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account

No comment
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

This free speech sure is amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Considering investors have never, as a group, acted rationally, this absolutely makes sense.
    This is exactly right.

Must be hard defending Musk.

People really think stock bro's are some deep thinkers on stocks, when they are much like over reacting teenagers. Also you see stocks jump on major announcements

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHA LMFAO I seriously haven't laughed this good in a long time, HOLY SHIT!

These KIDS are Brutal!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I feel soo bad for laughing but OMFG I don't know if this is legit but if it is and that is because of this verify shit THAT IS A FUCK TON of MONEY! People are going to lose their jobs over this shit.

I can't imagine Twitter surviving some MAJOR lawsuits over this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I was initially on team "let Twitter die" but like...I genuinely hope the current state of things continues forever.

This is absolutely the best comedy that someone else spending $44B can buy, and being able to enjoy all of this for free is just a delight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020;53963028/IMG

[IMG]/IMG]

No comment

$8 = Way too much fun

- - - Updated - - -

I was initially on team "let Twitter die" but like...I genuinely hope the current state of things continues forever.

This is absolutely the best comedy that someone else spending $44B can buy, and being able to enjoy all of this for free is just a delight.
    I've not done the math on this one, but I am fairly certain I just got fucked $$$$ because of this prank a little bit. Eli, Lily and Co is probably in my portfolio. I mean I am pretty damn sure it will correct itself, but DAMN!

That being said I am laughing not because of those doing this but Elon being stupid enough to have let this happen. I am sure those that just lost a shit load of money are going to want to have a word with Elon along with his investors.

I can imagine that meeting "You Just cost me 100 Million Dollars MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

The kind of money some lost like with Lockheed Martin are not going to be amused!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

never been an easier time to scam. Make verified support account from company for 8 bucks, 'American Airlines Support', go into the tweets of people complaining about tickets or service in the actual account, start interacting and finding marks to hand over their sensitive details. What a place.