15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The fact you said that proves you DON'T get it, try again.
    No, I COMPLETELY get it. These people just put way more stock in their joke of a "game" than anyone else does. That's the thing, I completely understand this game. It's you who doesn't. Just because they think they've won in their own mind doesn't mean jack shit. Nobody is mad or raging at them. They've convinced themselves they've elicited some kind of negative emotional reaction when no such thing happens.

They're playing stupid games for stupid prizes. There's a reason these people also almost exclusively hang out on 4chan: They've been banned pretty much everywhere else.

Again, exhibit A: https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...38/025/db0.jpg

This comic has been around on the internet before this troll culture "game" even existed my dude. People have been doing this since before the internet, thinking they're being edgy and smart with ironic humor. Then they find themselves on the fringes of society where nobody takes them seriously.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    No, I COMPLETELY get it. These people just put way more stock in their joke of a "game" than anyone else does. That's the thing, I completely understand this game. It's you who doesn't. Just because they think they've won in their own mind doesn't mean jack shit. Nobody is mad or raging at them. They've convinced themselves they've elicited some kind of negative emotional reaction when no such thing happens.

They're playing stupid games for stupid prizes. There's a reason these people also almost exclusively hang out on 4chan: They've been banned pretty much everywhere else.

Again, exhibit A: https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...38/025/db0.jpg

This comic has been around on the internet before this troll culture "game" even existed my dude. People have been doing this since before the internet, thinking they're being edgy and smart with ironic humor. Then they find themselves on the fringes of society where nobody takes them seriously.
    It's like when kids used to sneak skateboards into the mall so they could brag about being banned from the mall for skateboarding. They're bragging because they "won" by getting banned. And to any other perspective, they were shitheads, and now they aren't allowed to bother people any more. Literally nobody else gives a shit about their "game", because it was never a real game. They're just being tryhard shits, and people telling them to fuck off doesn't mean they "win", it means they get made to fuck off. Which means, by any other perspective, they lose.

Same here. Nobody gives a shit what games Varx was playing. We weren't. And neither Varx nor Fugus get to tell us we were. That anyone's endorsing this childish bullshit as a legitimate form of engagement is absolutely ridiculous. Should I ignore the kid kicking my seat in an airplane, or should I file a complaint with staff and get him kicked off the flight and barred for life? Sure seems like the latter's a win for me and everyone else who flies. If he wants to puff himself up and brag about how he "won" at "being kicked off an airplane", he can go nuts, but he's just deluding himself.

Just like the trolling; there is no gap between "I said stupid shit to get a reaction" and "I'm stupid enough to believe the shit I say", to anyone else. You're not "winning", you're just stupid. The only scoreboard that matters is society's.

@Cthulhu 2020

I meant in regard to you calling someone a racist when simultaneous pretend to be both a black and white supremacist like it is logically possible to be both at once. Which you tried to do rather than accept the fact that, as Endus just said, they were being a shithead and nothing racist about it from them beyond their attempts to screw with you.

And they think they won their game because that was the game they were playing and got exactly what they hoped for. And both you and me have been here long enough to see people get infraction after infraction and ban after ban because they got mad and/or frustrated at them, to pretend otherwise would be lying.

@Endus your analogy is wrong on this, it wouldn't be the skateboarders bragging about getting banned. No, this is the guys who prank call you from an unlisted or blocked number or the guys in the WoW analogy who got you saved to a cleared raid, they didn't lose anything. Varx didn't lose anything, his account isn't permanently banned so he can come back whenever as his account doesn't even really have much value to him and if it did get a permaban, he can still make another one.

Whether you admit to playing his game or not, you were still an unwilling/unwitting participant in it and in his game, you lost. His reward is watching you guys waste 10 pages on here because you couldn't just let his posts roll off knowing they were just for a reaction.

In his game, he acted stupid to get you to act stupid in return feeding him, that's the part you guys haven't managed to figure out in the decade all of us have been here so you fall for it every time. If I was still in my teens, I would have had a blast here because you are like James Woods in Family Guy with candy, you always fall for it.

And again, where did he get banned from a plane? Where did he get kicked out of a mall? Does MMO-Champion charge for admission? What prevents him from making a new account? He didn't take a loss when you look at it, he got a temporary break before he gets to come back and try again assuming he doesn't have an alt account where he actually tries his serious stuff if not just does more of the same. Where did he take a real loss from this?

Quite literally, he had a ball stringing you along, he gets a break with no real consequences before he gets to come back and do it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, in all seriousness, we can continue this over the next few days if you want or we can drop it till the next time I call you guys out for falling for the same joke again and since I ignore it most of the times you decide to be that gullible, will try and let it slide for a while hoping you guys understand what you are actually playing in when you do it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you admit to playing his game or not, you were still an unwilling/unwitting participant in it and in his game, you lost.
    Nobody cares what "game" he might have been playing.

You keep expecting us to feel shame for "losing" a game we were never playing. It's not ever gonna happen. That's not how anything works.

His reward is watching you guys waste 10 pages on here because you couldn't just let his posts roll off knowing they were just for a reaction.
    I don't consider it a "waste". As I said to him directly; the goal was never to convince him to change his mind. That's not the game being played.

In his game, he acted stupid to get you to act stupid in return feeding him
    We weren't "acting stupid" in the first place. Whatever his opinion on that doesn't matter. To anyone.

that's the part you guys haven't managed to figure out in the decade all of us have been here so you fall for it every time.
    We know the argument. It's just such a silly and baseless argument and puts every conversation into a framework of being for trolling, first and foremost, over and above all other value; if trolls participate, it's all about the trolls and nobody else gets to decide why they're involved.

I fundamentally dispute that such a position is remotely reasonable. It's lunacy. You don't get to decide that shit. Nor does Varx.

And again, where did he get banned from a plane? Where did he get kicked out of a mall?
    He's literally banned right now, dude.

@Endus

Nothing about shaming you, just showing how pointless it is, you aren't correcting him or doing anything that matters because no one believes him, not even himself.

Here is a question, you weren't trying to convince him which is understandable but you also weren't trying to educate anyone else, so what were you trying to do? Because practically speaking you were basically pissing into the wind, which is acting pretty stupid.

He's literally banned right now, dude.
    Really? So you are saying he can never return? He can never create an alt account? He has to pay money for another account?

Being temporarily suspended from MMO-Champion isn't the same as being banned from a plane or a mall, not even remotely. If I get banned from here, fine, I just go about my life, can still read it and in a few days to weeks can get back on or, if I really wanted, make an alt account and keep going.

If I am banned from a mall, can I just walk in 2 weeks later? I can't just make an alt account that would require facial reconstructive surgery or at the least a fake ID which is illegal and unlike MMO-Champion's forums that does potentially impair my actual life if I want to shop there.

If I am banned from a plane, can I just walk in shortly later? No, same deal as the mall.

If you get banned from a plane or a mall, that is a big deal, getting banned from an online site that is temporary, does not impact your life outside of it and you are able to evade with alts that is a minor inconvenience to anyone unless they are mentally depended on this place and their screen name. This is a free to use forum, not Amazon.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Nastard said, his goal wasn't to debate you, if he was trying to engage in something that intellectual, then he would be considered to have failed. But that was never his intent, his intent was to get you guys worked up and wasting time and energy engaging him and watching how frustrated you would get doing it.

The only way to win his game is to not play. He didn't care if you were right or he was wrong, your reactions and engagement is what he was going for and he got it. When I called him out on it, even he admitted that if you guys stopped responding to him he would have likely moved on.

Every time you responded to him, he won, you lost. For the 10 pages you guys kept responding to him that was 10 pages of him kicking your butts. When you guys stopped responding to me when I called you out for it, THAT is how you guys need to react to him and others like him.

And am I suggesting we ignore people who say stupid shit? Depends, are they saying stupid shit to engage in an actual debate or are they intentionally saying stupid shit to get a reaction from you?

If they are trying to engage in a real debate and question, by all means respond, debate, and educate.
    If they are just trying to get a reaction and interaction from you, ignore and move on, they will get bored and move only pretty quickly when they aren't getting the attention they crave.

As far as his time, who knows what his time is like in real life? Could be someone stuck working a lot of "On Call" positions, could be retired and bored, could be mentally stunted and in the mindset of a child or quite literally just be a child who's parents "Home School" them using a website and no oversight of them.

He won when you kept engaging him and watching how you would respond to him and get frustrated at him. He didn't care if you were right, he cared that he got reactions from you guys and got under your skins and responded to him, THAT was his game.

This is a situation where you can't look at it from the perspective of a good faith debate, this is the mindset of someone bored and just having fun pissing people off, when you see his posts with that mindset, you understand what he did and what you fell for.

Kinda like Bart's repeated pranks on Moe's Tavern in the Simpsons if Bart had stayed on the phone and kept it going.
    you assume that statement is true and not that we were having some fun of our own

You assume we are frustrated, I can say I am/was not.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    you assume that statement is true and not that we were having some fun of our own

You assume we are frustrated, I can say I am/was not.
    Congrats, so you admit you are attempting to troll me?

As far as me being frustrated, not really, honestly just really bored right now. Wanting to sleep but have to wait a little bit longer.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you are saying that you guys don't care that you guys are paying played for fools in his eyes and many others feeding into a pointless back and forth where they don't care about the merits of the conversation at all but just to get a response from you?

It isn't a case of it just being him who thinks he won, to anyone who sees the game he is playing, he won. You maybe have won the game you think you are playing with him, but that isn't the game he is playing at all.

But, if the logic boils down to.
    1) I don't care if he won his game, I wasn't playing.
    2) I won my game even if he wasn't playing it.

Just seems like a really bad take and just a consolation prize when he never intended to play your game and he drug you into his game whether you admitted it or not. But up to you guys.

Just expect him to come back in the future after his time out is up and he will continue his game and he will continue to win in it against you because you refuse to stop playing. But that's on you guys.
    If I did I wouldn't be posting here......

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, so you admit you are attempting to troll me?

As far as me being frustrated, not really, honestly just really bored right now. Wanting to sleep but have to wait a little bit longer.
    um I didn't accuse you of anything? and troll you how?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

If I did I wouldn't be posting here......
    So be it, if you really don't mind playing into the game he is doing, so be it. It's like a crowd enjoying a heckler but it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

um I didn't accuse you of anything? and troll you how?
    Oops, my bad. I misread that, I apologize. Point taken though if you enjoy replying to him as well.

Edit: After a misreading like that, I think I need to go ahead and call it a night. I misread that reply entirely. Will call it a night.

Later man and have a good one.

Move on.
    Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    There isn't, but they'd pass it if they could.
    So you have nothing and are screeching your idiotic fantasies into the wind. Neat.

Hypocrite liberals as usual.
    Imagine being this "smart."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, pregnancy being punishment for having sex, regardless of whether the mother wants it or not, is a pretty bad take. It is completely and utterly unfair for the woman given how often men just exit from a relationship because of it. "I'd still feel this way if men could get pregnant too" is also a pretty bad excuse for two reasons.

1. You don't know if that's true because that situation doesn't exist and your feelings on the matter could vary if there's something ACTUALLY at stake.

2. That situation won't ever exist.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-11-12 at 09:00 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, pregnancy being punishment for having sex, regardless of whether the mother wants it or not, is a pretty bad take. It is completely and utterly unfair for the woman given how often men just exit from a relationship because of it. "I'd still feel this way if men could get pregnant too" is also a pretty bad excuse for two reasons.

1. You don't know if that's true because that situation doesn't exist and your feelings on the matter could vary if there's something ACTUALLY at stake.

2. That situation doesn't exist.
    The question I always ask the folks who say they would feel the same (and it's usually men) is do they believe they should be financially responsible for the pre-natal care of the woman they've impregnated. It's almost unanimously no that a man should not be held accountable for the pregnancy even though these folks bang on about "personal responsibility"' because in some reality a pregnancy only takes one person. As we've all repeated a million times here -- it's not nor has it ever been about "unborn babies" it has always been about control over women.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The question I always ask the folks who say they would feel the same (and it's usually men) is do they believe they should be financially responsible for the pre-natal care of the woman they've impregnated. It's almost unanimously no that a man should not be held accountable for the pregnancy even though these folks bang on about "personal responsibility"' because in some reality a pregnancy only takes one person. As we've all repeated a million times here -- it's not nor has it ever been about "unborn babies" it has always been about control over women.
    I imagine Narx would claim he would. But he's clearly not the average or even common pro-lifer. And with how many men who want to basically just force women to be pregnant with no responsibility are a part of the pro-life movement, making abortion illegal is stupid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

2. That situation won't ever exist.
    Add to the fact that they expressed some extremely transphobic-adjacent language. So the cases where a man would be pregnant? They'd missgender said man.
    - Lars

I imagine Narx would claim he would. But he's clearly not the average or even common pro-lifer. And with how many men who want to basically just force women to be pregnant with no responsibility are a part of the pro-life movement, making abortion illegal is stupid.
    Raising children properly is a pain in the ass. My wife and I are much happier now that our children are out of the house. Don't take it wrong. I love both of them dearly. However, I love them more when they are not living in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Most men won't even share in for an IUD before the relationship went on for a serious amount of time.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/11/...-rights-years/

In which Tennessee Republicans have a call with the Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America group, and ask them what to do about IVF and contraception.

“Maybe your caucus gets to a point next year, two years from now, three years from now, where you do want to talk about IVF, and how to regulate it in a more ethical way, or deal with some of those contraceptive issues,” said Stephen Billy, vice president for state affairs at Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America. “But I don’t think that that’s the conversation that you need to have now.”
    Reminder: Republicans have no interest at stopping at restricting or banning access to abortion services, and will absolutely try to limit access to or eliminate other key aspects of health and preventative care including contraceptives and IVF.

Even as those moves remain majority unpopular and their extremist positions are consistently rejected when put to voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/11/...-rights-years/

In which Tennessee Republicans have a call with the Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America group, and ask them what to do about IVF and contraception.

Reminder: Republicans have no interest at stopping at restricting or banning access to abortion services, and will absolutely try to limit access to or eliminate other key aspects of health and preventative care including contraceptives and IVF.

Even as those moves remain majority unpopular and their extremist positions are consistently rejected when put to voters.
    It shouldn't even matter if they're "unpopular". Pro-life positions are a naked attack on everyone's religious freedoms and on women's basic human rights. They shouldn't just be rejected, this shit should be seen as Iran-level theocratic fuckery.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/healt...sis/index.html

And another story of a woman in Texas who almost died because she needed life-saving medical care during a pregnancy complication and as a result almost dying.