Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Cortez Mastro just took a ~5000 vote lead in NV. NBC just called and projected her the winner.
    So that’s the Senate. 50-50 or 51-49 after Georgia’s runoff.

Republicans favored to win the House still, but the outcome is still in doubt from abysmally low counting speed.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

idk if I agree that they don't want to put up with a loser, considering how badly he lost in 2018 and 2020.
    2018 wasn't as bad thanks to gerrymandering and they could just chuck it up to historical data but this election pretty much spits in the face of all that. This midterm pretty much shows it's not history it's Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Close,

The establishment Republicans had no problem with him overthrowing democracy and endangering national security to put THEM in power. But instead he COST them power and that is unforgivable. Sure he gave them the courts they wanted but to quote an old Eddy Murphy stand up, "What have you done for me lately?" is their mindset.
    yup all them put up with his behavior because they thought he would give them more power now they are left with nothing to show for it. McCarthy and McConnell are probably losing their minds right now, all that groveling and this is their payback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    So that’s the Senate. 50-50 or 51-49 after Georgia’s runoff.

Republicans favored to win the House still, but the outcome is still in doubt from abysmally low counting speed.
    Almost like republicans changed the rules in those states to make counting slower and more tedious /s

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    2018 wasn't as bad thanks to gerrymandering and they could just chuck it up to historical data but this election pretty much spits in the face of all that. This midterm pretty much shows it's not history it's Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

yup all them put up with his behavior because they thought he would give them more power now they are left with nothing to show for it. McCarthy and McConnell are probably losing their minds right now, all that groveling and this is their payback.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost like republicans changed the rules in those states to make counting slower and more tedious /s
    And nothing is stopping them from making stupid excuses this time to put up with a loser like they did those times. You expect rational thinking, I expect stupidity.

Not nothing, he did get them a super majority on the supreme court and the repeal of RvW that they wanted, but that cost them as well while creating a huge push to pack them or mandate ethics requirements that they know their picks won't be able to meet.

McConnell cheered when he got them picks, but regretted it when they did something so unpopular in an election year. McConnell would have preferred the RvW case wait till around now when it was too late and gave a full 2 years before the next election for them to hope it passed.

Edit: And while the party as a whole gladly supported this move, none of them individually wanted it at the cost of themselves or their own power.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-11-13 at 03:09 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

And nothing is stopping them from making stupid excuses this time to put up with a loser like they did those times. You expect rational thinking, I expect stupidity.
    Nah I am counting on self preservation and greed, these hacks live and breathe power they sold their soul to Trump for more power. If Trump can't come through they are going to do their best to replace him.

Nah I am counting on self preservation and greed, these hacks live and breathe power they sold their soul to Trump for more power. If Trump can't come through they are going to do their best to replace him.
    And meanwhile they're talking about replacing McConnell...

I saw the amount of backstabbing, side switching and infighting is going to be soooo good. I am going to be sad if DeSantis takes some kind of backdoor deal and runs as his VP.

I saw the amount of backstabbing, side switching and infighting is going to be soooo good. I am going to be sad if DeSantis takes some kind of backdoor deal and runs as his VP.
    Guess that civil war actually manifested afterall, entirely within the GOP, and the Russians did get involved to boot!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're welcome to try. I, in fact, would love them to try. McConnell has avoided being a 100% pure Trump cultist since the outset. Considering Trump's stock is falling faster than Twitter's and Trump is being directly blamed by most R's for the Shitshow, it's going to be hard to turn against the guy who was right the whole time.

But there are enough cultists who just plain refuse to see this is their own damn fault, that they'll try.
    @Draco-Onis is correct. I hope the two parties tear each other apart. Figuratively, of course, I have to spell that out for some of the hammer-wielding terrorists and/or supporters of hammer-wielding terrorists on these forums.

Please tell me you have a link to this. Will definitely look because I want to hear about this one.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Please tell me you have a link to this. Will definitely look because I want to hear about this one.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-be-postponed/

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, there's a fair amount in the scrollback. I am linking one of my own posts but there are others.

Thanks, good to read. Was so hoping for them to go as over the top against him as they have against AOC and others, but was hoping for too much. Still good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, there's a fair amount in the scrollback. I am linking one of my own posts but there are others.
    Much appreciated, looking through them now.

I should give credit, my knowledge of this was taken entirely from Breccia's post here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was so hoping for them to go as over the top against him as they have against AOC and others
    Ladies and gentlemen, the Greene party:

Republicans are going to have to be the new Republican Party. We can no longer be the party of Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Dick Cheney, George Bush and Mitt Romney...or any other sell-out, weak Republican.
    Yep, that's some Party of Trump language. "We're taking the Republican Party from the Republicans, those Republicans are RINOs, we're the Republicans because we say we're Republicans".

Yep, that's some Party of Trump language. "We're taking the Republican Party from the Republicans, those Republicans are RINOs, we're the Republicans because we say we're Republicans".
    Haha, thanks man. God I hope this continues, they made a deal with the devil for power and deserve every bit of the damage this causes, just hope it takes them down entirely because of it knowing its all their own fault for their decades of cosying up with crazy and grooming their supporters to be crazy with their media outlets.

Here is to hoping it costs them all and are forced to watch as they go down in national and world history as the villains where they know that is what history will know them and their name for.

That was prior to the midterm elections. Rick Scott a far-right die hard Trump Senator from Florida though the midterm election would be a giant red wave showing Trump's followers should be in leadership of the Senate.

However as reality has shown the red wave never happened, it wasn't even a red ripple. So he has since pulled his bid for leadership in the Senate.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...artin-00066400

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The red wave isn't just something that happens, it's something we're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    That was prior to the midterm elections. Rick Scott a far-right die hard Trump Senator from Florida though the midterm election would be a giant red wave showing Trump's followers should be in leadership of the Senate.

However as reality has shown the red wave never happened, it wasn't even a red ripple. So he has since pulled his bid for leadership in the Senate.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...artin-00066400
    Florida man strikes again.

Still can't believe the GOPs biggest hopes for 2024 seems to be DeSantis who managed to turn Florida into one of the biggest welfare queens in the union. Yet none of the Democrats call him out for it.

10+ Year Old Account

Looks like the red wave is turning into red whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.