15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    War crimes beget justice. Never conflate justice with retribution.
    Good ole semantics. If they're an armed aggressor in an invasion effort, then I have zero sympathy when they get shot. That's justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I've not made an excuse for anyone for anything.
    Really now? Because it sounds like "millions of people relied on Ukraine for food" "Well Russia only thought this war would take 3 days" is some kind of excuse for Russia's continued attempts to invade. Face it, "All life is sacred" is poppycock when the invading country shows a reckless disregard for human life. Russia treats its own soldiers poorly. Russian soldiers rape, loot and murder civilians and civilian buildings. The countries who relied on Ukrainian food are having millions starve.

If you truly value human life, removing Russia from Ukrainian lands is the best way to express that love of human life. Moral grandstanding about not wanting Russian soldiers to die ain't it chief. The sooner Russia withdraws, the sooner human lives can return to normal.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Losing wars has consequences. A common one is losing your "empire".
    I just hold the notion if Japan could be redeemed, Russia can still be redeemed. But they need to be occupied for that to happen. Considering claims of imperialism unto others if that happens, who knows when it will be
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Good ole semantics. If they're an armed aggressor in an invasion effort, then I have zero sympathy when they get shot. That's justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Really now? Because it sounds like "millions of people relied on Ukraine for food" "Well Russia only thought this war would take 3 days" is some kind of excuse for Russia's continued attempts to invade. Face it, "All life is sacred" is poppycock when the invading country shows a reckless disregard for human life. Russia treats its own soldiers poorly. Russian soldiers rape, loot and murder civilians and civilian buildings. The countries who relied on Ukrainian food are having millions starve.

If you truly value human life, removing Russia from Ukrainian lands is the best way to express that love of human life. Moral grandstanding about not wanting Russian soldiers to die ain't it chief. The sooner Russia withdraws, the sooner human lives can return to normal.
    Nope, that is war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that is war.
    Yeah, which is what Russia is doing in Ukraine.

The more Russian soldiers that are unable to fight, the more people live. Simple as that.

The only way that can come about is that they either surrender, are taken prisoner, or die. If you have a problem with Russians dying or with the above equation, you should blame Russia for sending Russians to kill and die for no reason.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah, which is what Russia is doing in Ukraine.

The more Russian soldiers that are unable to fight, the more people live. Simple as that.

The only way that can come about is that they either surrender, are taken prisoner, or die. If you have a problem with Russians dying or with the above equation, you should blame Russia for sending Russians to kill and die for no reason.
    Where did I say I have an issue with Ukraine winning ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I say I have an issue with Ukraine winning ?
    That’s going to require Russia losing.

The way Russia loses is that it can no longer fight.

I suppose you can hope that they lay down their arms and surrender, you can hope that the Russian government orders a withdrawal, but that’s just hope. Hope that doesn’t protect Ukraine in the here and now. Meanwhile, blowing up Russian soldiers, gunning them down, and the continued funding and supplying of the Ukrainian war effort? That’s what keeps Ukrainians alive.

For as long as Russia fights, Ukrainian soldiers and civilians will die. The fewer Russian soldiers there are, the more Ukrainians will live.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That’s going to require Russia losing.

The way Russia loses is that it can no longer fight.

I suppose you can hope that they lay down their arms and surrender, you can hope that the Russian government orders a withdrawal, but that’s just hope. Hope that doesn’t protect Ukraine in the here and now. Meanwhile, blowing up Russian soldiers, gunning them down, and the continued funding and supplying of the Ukrainian war effort? That’s what keeps Ukrainians alive.

For as long as Russia fights, Ukrainian soldiers and civilians will die. The fewer Russian soldiers there are, the more Ukrainians will live.
    Yes and ? What is your point ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and ? What is your point ?
    That people are going to die. And most people in this equation know that the invading Russians need to be doing the ones doing it. Because if it isn't them, it's Ukrainians.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That people are going to die. And most people in this equation know that the invading Russians need to be doing the ones doing it. Because if it isn't them, it's Ukrainians.
    Yes and ? People dies in war, we know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and ? People dies in war, we know that.
    So your pearl clutching about "oh no but that's war!" are infinitely hollow.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So your pearl clutching about "oh no but that's war!" are infinitely hollow.
    Not really no, but I am not surprised you can't get my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really no, but I am not surprised you can't get my point.
    Seeing as you like posting single-line phrases with the errant assumption that it makes you sound pithy, what the hell is your point?

War is already here my guy. Russia (and only Russia) saw to that.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Seeing as you like posting single-line phrases with the errant assumption that it makes you sound pithy, what the hell is your point?

War is already here my guy. Russia (and only Russia) saw to that.
    Again, not what I am saying or anything close.

I don't think I've implied anything like what you're saying at all. But keep fighting the air.

15+ Year Old Account
    So we can expect to see less moral grandstanding about "muh human lives" being killed when they're invading foreign land while pillaging, raping and murdering?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So we can expect to see less moral grandstanding about "muh human lives" being killed when they're invading foreign land while pillaging, raping and murdering?
    If you can't see the difference between cheering for Ukraine and hope for their victory and not rejoice (like cheering) at the killings (but necessary) of Russian soldiers, that's on you.

If you can't see the difference between cheering for Ukraine and hope for their victory and not rejoice (like cheering) at the killings (but necessary) of Russian soldiers, that's on you.
    This is a very stupid hill you've decided to die on.

This is a very stupid hill you've decided to die on.
    I know that simple minded people can't understand what I am saying, no need to demonstrate it.

I know that simple minded people can't understand what I am saying, no need to demonstrate it.
    Bruh, you clearly don't remember me well enough if you think just calling me simple minded will make me mad lol.

Bruh, you clearly don't remember me well enough if you think just calling me simple minded will make me mad lol.
    Just stating fact, I have better things to do than trying to get people like you "mad".