Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The fact he'll never be majority leader again makes me happy.
    I hope not, but never say never yet. He might live till 2024 and never underestimate the Democrats ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

If he survives till 2024 without the GOP own goaling themselves too hard, he might stand a chance. Must still keep an eye out for now.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I hope not, but never say never yet. He might live till 2024 and never underestimate the Democrats ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

If he survives till 2024 without the GOP own goaling themselves too hard, he might stand a chance. Must still keep an eye out for now.
    Nah after tonight his shot is gone. GOP will find someone to replace him whenever they get the majority again. Unlike the house plenty would be happy with top senate position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Your entire country is smaller than most of our states. Your population is 1 million higher than one of our smallest states.
    My country is 70 millions and we have the results at 20h when the office polls closes at 18 or 19.

Nah after tonight his shot is gone. GOP will find someone to replace him whenever they get the majority again. Unlike the house plenty would be happy with top senate position.
    Him getting majority before he dies is iffy. If he gets replaced, that would mean that the Trump sect of the republican party took over I would think.

As much as I hate the man, he has been really effective and gave them a lot of power and powerful people, even if at the expense of this nation and its citizens. He didn't choose Trump, his base did and he played Trump as far as he could.

McConnell's only real mistake was he didn't impeach Trump on the second go and start cleaning house.

Will love to see him replaced, not sure if they have anyone NEAR as effective as he was at what he did.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Him getting majority before he dies is iffy. If he gets replaced, that would mean that the Trump sect of the republican party took over I would think.

As much as I hate the man, he has been really effective and gave them a lot of power and powerful people, even if at the expense of this nation and its citizens. He didn't choose Trump, his base did and he played Trump as far as he could.

McConnell's only real mistake was he didn't impeach Trump on the second go and start cleaning house.

Will love to see him replaced, not sure if they have anyone NEAR as effective as he was at what he did.
    That's the ironic thing right. McConnell IS a very good politician, if we define good as being good for YOUR interests. The man delivered. And now they're turning on him, lol.

Like it's his fault they lost big and not Trump's toxic brand of politics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Betting that DeSantis will be the next Pres. Candidate for Republicans. And that's kinda scary thought, since he's basically Trump but smarter. Trump own-goaled himself a lot. DeSantis likely won't be quite as sloppy if he sits in the oval office. Full fascism ahead.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    That's the ironic thing right. McConnell IS a very good politician, if we define good as being good for YOUR interests. The man delivered. And now they're turning on him, lol.

Like it's his fault they lost big and not Trump's toxic brand of politics.
    Yeah, kicking him out would be nothing but MAGA scapegoating him which means they are a much bigger part of the party now and effectively control it. And as loud as they are don't think they have enough influence in the leadership to change that and would have to rely on their base threatening his family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Betting that DeSantis will be the next Pres. Candidate for Republicans. And that's kinda scary thought, since he's basically Trump but smarter. Trump own-goaled himself a lot. DeSantis likely won't be quite as sloppy if he sits in the oval office. Full fascism ahead.
    Yeah, but the Democrats can also point out how he turned Florida into a massive welfare queen where, even when the economy was booming, Florida required $3,200 per year per Floridian in welfare from other states to keep itself running and while Florida had America as it's sugar daddy, America does not.

I wouldn't say it was his only mistake, but it certainly was the biggest by far. And now, any of these vultures with even the tiniest hint of personal ambition are circling. I'm not convinced it'll be a Trumper who replaces him, might end up being some sort of compromise though with whoever for more power.

I wouldn't say it was his only mistake, but it certainly was the biggest by far. And now, any of these vultures with even the tiniest hint of personal ambition are circling. I'm not convinced it'll be a Trumper who replaces him, might end up being some sort of compromise though with whoever for more power.
    Outside of Trumpers, who is really trying to replace him though? And do any of them hope to do any better than he did? He was like a Sith Lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of Trumpers, who is really trying to replace him though?
    Lindsey Graham.

Outside of Trumpers, who is really trying to replace him though? And do any of them hope to do any better than he did? He was like a Sith Lord.
    Could be a Graham as mentioned. Or If we use the sith analogy, could be Thune, seeing weakness might go for the master's throat.

@Breccia @beanman12345

Lindsey used to get the vapors when it came to Trump but ever since Russia let it be known they have GOP emails, he has been a Trumper ever since.

Has he legit turned on Trump now? I know I saw him begging to support Walker but haven't seen anything with him recently saying he is against Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Have some faith! we just beat fascism. We can do it again. And if DeSantis is their candidate and loses, who they got?

- - - Updated - - -

@Breccia @beanman12345

Lindsey used to get the vapors when it came to Trump but ever since Russia let it be known they have GOP emails, he has been a Trumper ever since.

Has he legit turned on Trump now? I know I saw him begging to support Walker but haven't seen anything with him recently saying he is against Trump.
    I think he's a Trumper, but he'd love that spot.

I think he's a Trumper, but he'd love that spot.
    He might like that spot but he has to know he has a snowballs chance in hell of getting that spot. I have a better chance of spontaneously developing Wolverines healing factor than he does of being elected leader given how disliked he is across the board.

He might like that spot but he has to know he has a snowballs chance in hell of getting that spot. I have a better chance of spontaneously developing Wolverines healing factor than he does of being elected leader given how disliked he is across the board.
    Is he that disliked by his GQP senate colleagues? Hadn't heard that.

Is he that disliked by his GQP senate colleagues? Hadn't heard that.
    With the GQP not so much outside of all the stuff he said before the Russia leak, but the rest of the GOP yeah, he is not liked to my knowledge especially with how he shot them in the foot with his abortion bill or the skeletons in his closet that they HAVE to know is there.

He isn't well liked and to the rest, they have to see him as a huge potential landmine, especially if his suspected sexual proclivities get proven about him. How many do you think will like it if their leader was outed as a gay man with a father/son role play kink?

With the GQP not so much outside of all the stuff he said before the Russia leak, but the rest of the GOP yeah, he is not liked to my knowledge especially with how he shot them in the foot with his abortion bill or the skeletons in his closet that they HAVE to know is there.

He isn't well liked and to the rest, they have to see him as a huge potential landmine, especially if his suspected sexual proclivities get proven about him. How many do you think will like it if their leader was outed as a gay man with a father/son role play kink?
    I'll just say this, the only personwho has less a chance at being the next majority leader for republican's whenever they get the senate than McConnell is Ted Cruz. idk who it'll be, it won't be those two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Lindsey Graham.
    Graham is not nearly savvy enough to pull off taking McConnell's place. He's a lacky with dogshit political instincts, look at what he did with his abortion legislation.

McConnell is an operator and a historically effective whip for the GOP. Thune is the heir apparent if McConnell ever actually dies, which I think is up in the air since he looks like Darth fucking Sidious.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-11-13 at 07:28 AM.

I'll just say this, the only personwho has less a chance at being the next majority leader for republican's whenever they get the senate than McConnell is Ted Cruz. idk who it'll be, it won't be those two.
    Will be interesting, if the old school GOP has control, it would likely be McConnell in charge unless he agrees to be sacrificed to public image. If he is forced out, then the old school have no power.

But who would replace him, neither Cruz nor Graham stand a chance on that one, MTG has a better chance than those 2 if the GQP is in charge and even if the old school GOP is still in charge and McConnell is gone, they STILL wouldn't allow either of them anywhere near those positions. We got a better chance of them trying to bring Cheney back to put there than those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Admit it: yes, you do.
    You’re right. Fell into that nonsense of saying I don’t know, because even as I’m saying it the disappointment in the truth of what I said.

It’s a human condition they’re afflicted with and a trait so many other humans can be vulnerable to.

Trumps a master selling what these people want to believe.

I wonder exactly how much money he’s milked from these people.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis