Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    Most of that stuff gets completed in a day. Also, "duty support for heavensward dungeons"? That isn't content for people that have been playing since then. This game has the width of an ocean, but the depth of a lake.
    The Loporrits won't be finished in a day.
    The Extreme won't be finished in a day.
    The Custom Delivery won't be finished in a day.
    The Island Sanctuary won't be finished in a day.
    The ultimate DEFINITELY won't be finished in a damn day, if the previous one is anyone to go about.
    The Treasure and Deep dungeons are designed to be done again and again.
    And Duty Support not only added actually new storyline bits to old MSQ, but also actually... you know, increases the value of the game for the new players, which is among the most important thing to do to keep the game healthy.

One of the major things about FF14 is that they add in a bunch of content and spread it out so that there's always something to do and you're not having to dedicate your entire life into doing it. They try and put in just as much for the RPers, crafters, and casuals as they do for the hard core ultimate players. Simple as that.

If you don't like it? Then by all means, Shoo. Go away. We don't care to hear your complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    The ultimate DEFINITELY won't be finished in a damn day, if the previous one is anyone to go about.
    And Duty Support not only added actually new storyline bits to old MSQ, but also actually... you know, increases the value of the game for the new players, which is among the most important thing to do to keep the game healthy.

One of the major things about FF14 is that they add in a bunch of content and spread it out so that there's always something to do and you're not having to dedicate your entire life into doing it. They try and put in just as much for the RPers, crafters, and casuals as they do for the hard core ultimate players. Simple as that.

If you don't like it? Then by all means, Shoo. Go away. We don't care to hear your complaining.
    While i agree generally speaking, which kind of content do you think is being made for rpers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    While i agree generally speaking, which kind of content do you think is being made for rpers?
    Explorer mode, actually, which I think actually would finish up the rest of Heavensward (If it hasn't already) and would probably go on to work in the ARR stuff. You'd actually be surprised the amount RPers I've seen actually use the dungeons in Explorer mode to fulfill certain events or fantasies. I also count anything that adds substantial glam to the game in the RP category, considering that there are some people who will legit just get the gear for looks alone. One RPer I knew went crazy over the Aglaia glam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explorer mode, actually, which I think actually would finish up the rest of Heavensward (If it hasn't already) and would probably go on to work in the ARR stuff. You'd actually be surprised the amount RPers I've seen actually use the dungeons in Explorer mode to fulfill certain events or fantasies. I also count anything that adds substantial glam to the game in the RP category, considering that there are some people who will legit just get the gear for looks alone. One RPer I knew went crazy over the Aglaia glam.
    Well, rpers aren't that monolithic

At least in the german scene i know of no one who uses explorer mode mostly due to how many people you can get into a dungeon, and also the time restriction (rp takes a lot of time).

Glam is a much more controversial topic - a lot of glam that gets introduced is actually despised by some RPers (anything modern - you would be surprised how many people run mods to REMOVE glams from the game).

Granted, i have only a glimpse into the german rp community, but i think its a bit of a reach to sell it as rp content...

Edit: Just to clarify - i know this is just the way the people i play with see it. I don't do clubbing/social and/or erp - so i don't know how these (sub)communities feel about it - but personally i dont consider this as rp (no true scotsman fallacy, its just something different to what i have been used for decades)
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-11-13 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, rpers aren't that monolithic

At least in the german scene i know of no one who uses explorer mode mostly due to how many people you can get into a dungeon, and also the time restriction (rp takes a lot of time).

Glam is a much more controversial topic - a lot of glam that gets introduced is actually despised by some RPers (anything modern - you would be surprised how many people run mods to REMOVE glams from the game).

Granted, i have only a glimpse into the german rp community, but i think its a bit of a reach to sell it as rp content...

Edit: Just to clarify - i know this is just the way the people i play with see it. I don't do clubbing/social and/or erp - so i don't know how these (sub)communities feel about it - but personally i dont consider this as rp (no true scotsman fallacy, its just something different to what i have been used for decades)
    To be fair, it could just be the group of RPers I know personally, but I know my Ex loved hanging out in dungeons in Explorer modes for their RPs. The timer was a hinderance, to be sure, but nothing that was going to stop the rp from going on.

I've actually not seen that kind of reaction from the RPs, though again, it could be just the exposure I've had in my neck of the woods. While I have run into that Rper or two that absolutely hates anything modern, there are others that absolutely love it and specifically design themselves around it. That said, some of the bigger glams I have seen lately have been things like what Ameliance gives you after you finish up her custom deliveries and the surprisingly some of the Binding Coils gear. There's an aiming top that one RP I know has based an entire back story on how they got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it could just be the group of RPers I know personally, but I know my Ex loved hanging out in dungeons in Explorer modes for their RPs. The timer was a hinderance, to be sure, but nothing that was going to stop the rp from going on.

I've actually not seen that kind of reaction from the RPs, though again, it could be just the exposure I've had in my neck of the woods. While I have run into that Rper or two that absolutely hates anything modern, there are others that absolutely love it and specifically design themselves around it. That said, some of the bigger glams I have seen lately have been things like what Ameliance gives you after you finish up her custom deliveries and the surprisingly some of the Binding Coils gear. There's an aiming top that one RP I know has based an entire back story on how they got it.
    Depends on the people and what they prefer to play about. I'm part of a group that only plays Xaela in a steppe environment - and they're not that happy with flying cars disturbing their dzo herds

Of course there is always a compromise to be made - my group is currently playing a plot where some ninjas infiltrate an abandoned garlean military base to get some intel on a traitor in their own ranks. Some of the people want to play typicsl ninja rp, others are on board with garlean technology, so there is a line to walk for me. At the end of the day the tesla coil will be disabled by some ninja-clone-technique or whatever they come up with (hint: i'm not a big fan of ninjas ^^)

Personally i don't care as much about it as others, but if one of my ninjas would be jumping around in the street attire, i can understood why it would ruin immersion for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I always like to say that bosses are very considerate to bend over and put their heads on platforms for us to punch.

But really, it's all just gameplay nonsense. It's never going to mesh with lore, so why bother. For all we know, canonically the WoL just defeats everyone with sheer force of will and crushing their resolve with our dominating Echo power and...something...so we're not even really physically punching Nidhogg on a bridge or whatever.
    The Warrior of light in action : http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vuZ5oTZkzd...cle+wizard.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Val: "Paper Thin"
    Continuation of Main Scenario Quest - This is normal per patch?

Continuation of Tataru’s Grand Endeavor - ok and how is this tied to meaningful content that doesnt die on day 1?

Continuation of Tales of Newfound Adventure - This is normal per patch?

Continuation of Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (patch 6.35) - Should of been in earlier in the expansion so yes paper thin to stretch out the expansion.

New Tribal quests for Loporrits (patch 6.35) - yes because dailies is meaningful content, this is designed to stretch out paper thin content.

New MSQ dungeon, Lapis Manalis - mean we use to get 3 dungeons per patch then 2 now 1, so yes still paper thin.

New trials, ??? and ??? (extreme) – boss identity kept secret - This is normal per patch?

New unreal trial, Containment Bay P1T6 (Unreal) - mean, who is this meaningful for? vets? new players, if you are a Vet its useless content, paper thin here.

Continuation of alliance raid, Myths of the Realm part two - Mean its that specific patch for this, its expected and will is done on day 1.

Ultimate duty five (two weeks after 6.3 release) - The only meaningful content in this patch.

New deep dungeon, Eureka Orthos (patch 6.35) - See, this is being released some time after the main patch in order to stretch out the paper thin content, not because its not ready yet.

New Treasure Dungeon, The Shifting Gymnasion Agonon - these are fine I guess, but not meaningful in any way, good for downtime, the only content here that actually has decent replay values.

Duty Support added for remaining Heavensward dungeons – The Great Gubal Library, Sohr Khai, The Aetherochemical Research Facility, Xelphatol, The Antitower, and Baelsar’s Wall - this is not content, this is padding patch notes lol.

New Crystalline Conflict arena in Kugane.

Tool enhancement quests (patch 6.35) - presume crafting related and content for crafters depending how good it is.

New custom deliveries - not content.

New spearfishing location will be added to Upper La Noscea, making it the first area from A Realm Reborn to allow diving, not really content as oppose to expanding something that currently exists because its already paper thin?

New sanctuary ranks and visions mean its not much in the way of content.

New item rewards, materials, crops, animals, isleworks handicrafts, and structures - not content.

Gold Saucer – new course added for Leap of Faith - not really content much is it.

Issue is, it is still paper thin, it looks a lot with the many lines but go over each one, its not much at all.

This list is only meant to impress new players, but people whove played long enough sees right through it.

Most of that is done in day 1, some of it isnt content at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah interesting, first of all, ive gone over this, but the extremes get done in a day always.

See people have complained about improving the game, should they go away too?

People have complained to add things or take away things in the game but got implemented into the game.

You really are protective of the current situation FF14 provides but you are are far newer player to the game then me?

I should be telling you to go shoo ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    snip
    For a moment there i though val quoted themself..

You (just like val) seem to have a very narrow expectation of what this game should be. Which of course is fine, but will set you up to disappointment. Just because it isn't meaningful for you, doesn't mean it isn't meaningful to others - not saying your opinion is wrong, but both can exist at the same time.

You post with A LOT of bitterness. E.g.: You invalidate the dungeon because back in the days they released more. Not wanting to get into this discussion, but lets assume they are slacking on the stuff and you're right, how does this invalidate the one dungeon? Same with the deep dungeon. You jump to the worst possible conclusion. You could also say that they want to spread out the content to not overwhelm people. Given i know 2 people that are really looking forward to the deep dungeon and will probably get lost there for a few weeks, i'm glad for them they don't have to try to get their favourite new glam form the alliance raid (which again, is YOUR preception that it'll be done in one day - on the other hand the smn of my static went 27 time aglaia in the first week until he got the chest piece) at the same time.

So yeah, if that is your opinion, i wont say it is wrong, but i think "content is paper thin" is more subjective than objective.

Edit: And this only goes at your take on "meaningful content", claiming that new items, structures, etc. are not content, when this is the textbook definition of patch content... i somehow get the impression of you not posting in good faith. I mean i get the "meaningful content", but "not content" is just plain weird.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-11-13 at 01:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, I really hope we can only do one quest of the MSQ per week and have to wait until every tuesday so that we can stretch out the content!

/s
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

It's so disingenuous to complain about only getting one dungeon during a patch. As someone who's played the game since day one on average those dungeons are some of the worst in the game as they focused more on quantity than quality back then. Dungeons today are of much higher quality and they're there to serve a gameplay segment to a story that otherwise doesn't really have any.

Also funny how anyone who claims they have played since ARR (well I am assuming this based on wording) to complain that the patch is paper thin based on things like dungeons and such. Outside of 2.1 which was basically adding in content that they couldn't release at launch Endwalker is looking like it'll beat Stormblood handily in terms of content quantity and probably quality too.

Ah interesting, first of all, ive gone over this, but the extremes get done in a day always.

See people have complained about improving the game, should they go away too?

People have complained to add things or take away things in the game but got implemented into the game.

You really are protective of the current situation FF14 provides but you are are far newer player to the game then me?

I should be telling you to go shoo ;/
    First off, there's a difference between saying that the game should be improved and just writing off all the stuff they put into the game that is there to be content. They are always improving the game by offering varied and wildly available content instead of, you know, smacking on a difficulty slider to something that never ends and saying 'There's your content'.

Second off, if you've claimed to be around for ages, you know how this shit goes. You know how they develop the game, how they design their content, and how they structure their patches. Which if that is the case, what you're doing by echoing Val above there is what we call baiting and, if we were in the forums I modded back in the day, you would have gotten at least a warning if not an infraction for shamelessly trying to taunt others into an argument.

Third off, if your complaint that all that content being added to the game 'isn't for you' and that what makes you upset? That's a legitimate complaint... but you want to know what the answer to that is? STOP PLAYING AND GO TO ANOTHER GAME. No body cares if you think the devs aren't catering to you because whole point of their design is to have content that's always there for everyone.

To put it plainly, if all you're going to do is be here to put the game we enjoy down, to try and start fights, and in general be a nuisance? I reiterate: Shoo. We've got better uses for the time, web data, and oxygen then to waste it on you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    It's so disingenuous to complain about only getting one dungeon during a patch. As someone who's played the game since day one on average those dungeons are some of the worst in the game as they focused more on quantity than quality back then. Dungeons today are of much higher quality and they're there to serve a gameplay segment to a story that otherwise doesn't really have any.

Also funny how anyone who claims they have played since ARR (well I am assuming this based on wording) to complain that the patch is paper thin based on things like dungeons and such. Outside of 2.1 which was basically adding in content that they couldn't release at launch Endwalker is looking like it'll beat Stormblood handily in terms of content quantity and probably quality too.
    "Higher quality" meaning what? Dungeons today aren't any better than dungeons back then. Maybe they're prettier, but I'd rather have slightly more variety in my expert roulette than having a single prettier-than-normal dungeon.

You might have a point if dungeons weren't brainless AFK content. But they are, so you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    Most of that stuff gets completed in a day. Also, "duty support for heavensward dungeons"? That isn't content for people that have been playing since then. This game has the width of an ocean, but the depth of a lake.
    Lots of stuff on that list that will last a great many players far longer than an afternoon.

Like take the deep dungeon, it takes most people trying for a solo run of the ones we already have a good couple of weeks of practise to get there for their first top floor clear, and that's when the community already knows it's quirks inside out and have compiled information on it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Lots of stuff on that list that will last a great many players far longer than an afternoon.

Like take the deep dungeon, it takes most people trying for a solo run of the ones we already have a good couple of weeks of practise to get there for their first top floor clear, and that's when the community already knows it's quirks inside out and have compiled information on it.
    How many even try for a solo clear, though? It's not very fun for the gross majority of players. Even many who otherwise enjoy the DD's don't bother with solo clears because they're so time-consuming and often very, very tedious to do. I don't think it's a good metric to go by.

Most of the stuff they listed will indeed be "completed in a day." Oh, sure, the custom delivery isn't *technically* completed in a day, but there's nothing *TO* custom deliveries and each week's batch of deliveries is identical to the last - it's very much a space-filling kind of thing, something engineered to ensure you log back in once a week for at least a few weeks.

I dunno, man. Not much to be excited about in 6.3 if you're not into ultimates. But that's pretty par for the course for in-between patches, isn't it? They've generally been the weaker ones.

Some of you recurring posters: do you even like the game? Looks like you trot out literally every excuse to shit on it. "Only ONE dungeon per patch! I'M OUTRAGED! I'll go to one of those other MMOs that don't introduce any new dungeons in patches at all!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    How many even try for a solo clear, though? It's not very fun for the gross majority of players. Even many who otherwise enjoy the DD's don't bother with solo clears because they're so time-consuming and often very, very tedious to do. I don't think it's a good metric to go by.

Most of the stuff they listed will indeed be "completed in a day." Oh, sure, the custom delivery isn't *technically* completed in a day, but there's nothing *TO* custom deliveries and each week's batch of deliveries is identical to the last - it's very much a space-filling kind of thing, something engineered to ensure you log back in once a week for at least a few weeks.

I dunno, man. Not much to be excited about in 6.3 if you're not into ultimates. But that's pretty par for the course for in-between patches, isn't it? They've generally been the weaker ones.
    I figured it didn't really need saying, but even for people who aren't doing challenge runs into the much higher floor sets, it'll have greater longevity than that too.

We didn't get any optional exploration zone this time, there's a gap after Bozja that isn't filled at present by anything but spamming duty finder dungeons.

snibbidy snabb :ddd
    "If it doesn't personally appeal to me, it's not actual content."

Great mindset. Now what if I were to tell you that.... for a grand majority of the player population,Ultimates aren't real content? Because they're unlikely to ever set a foot in it or care about it?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I figured it didn't really need saying, but even for people who aren't doing challenge runs into the much higher floor sets, it'll have greater longevity than that too.

We didn't get any optional exploration zone this time, there's a gap after Bozja that isn't filled at present by anything but spamming duty finder dungeons.
    Bozja to 90 isn't actually half bad, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Some of you recurring posters: do you even like the game? Looks like you trot out literally every excuse to shit on it. "Only ONE dungeon per patch! I'M OUTRAGED! I'll go to one of those other MMOs that don't introduce any new dungeons in patches at all!"
    It's not a day on the forums without checking the, "Someone tells people to just leave the game." post, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It's not a day on the forums without checking the, "Someone tells people to just leave the game." post, I guess.
    There is no "just leave the game" post there. But admittedly, if you think everything is bad and the game is never adding real content except for Ultimates, I do wonder, unironically, why you stick around?

If you have critique to offer, fine. But just going "uhm sweaty that's not ackchually real content because i say so," then what do you expect people to say? Applaud you for your profound insight? Sympathize with you? It's all a bit comical, really.