10+ Year Old Account
    So MSNBC lined up a bunch of FOX News (and similar media) dumping on Trump.

Pointing out that Trump is only now getting the same treatment that any other political loser would have gotten immediately. The MSNBC host names McCain and Romney specifically, but he may as well have mentioned Clinton and Gore. Trump didn't get that treatment...until now.

Now what I'd love to see, but would take a ton of work to do would be: is the current outpouring of desupport of Trump for losing in 2022, more or less than the desupport of Trump on Jan 7th? Is the Republican Party now admitting, in public, that they were willing to support a traitor and a terrorist, as long as he got results?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Pointing out that Trump is only now getting the same treatment that any other political loser would have gotten immediately. The MSNBC host names McCain and Romney specifically, but he may as well have mentioned Clinton and Gore. Trump didn't get that treatment...until now.

Now what I'd love to see, but would take a ton of work to do would be: is the current outpouring of desupport of Trump for losing in 2022, more or less than the desupport of Trump on Jan 7th? Is the Republican Party now admitting, in public, that they were willing to support a traitor and a terrorist, as long as he got results?
    Eyo that's the dude that can't fuckin stop quoting rappers in all his segments and shit.

Either way it's kinda funny, I wonder if we'll see an endless circuit of speeches to decreasingly small crowds of people who want to listen to grandpa and his best bud talk about that time they threw the touchdown at the homecoming pass in their hometown of 23 people and it was the greatest accomplishment in human history.

He's gonna continue to have a rabid audience, I just hope he causes some chaos for Republicans with it. They signed a fuckin deal with the devil, which is oh so fitting for them as a party given their positions, lol.

So...remember all the times a bunch of us said Trump's lawyers should be in trouble for all the bullshit they tried in court?

Judge sanctions Trump lawyers over handling of ‘frivolous’ lawsuit against Hillary Clinton, DNC

Lawyers who intentionally work for Trump and follow Trump's orders should beware. This is hardly the worst thing that's happened to them.

Also, remember how Trump had a deadline to respond to that subpoena and it was today? Big surprise, Trump refused to comply and sued instead. Why yes, he is claiming Executive Privilege. Why yes, running for re-election doesn't count. Communications with, say, the Oath Keepers doesn't count.

I don't think the timing has anything to do with the low Republican results in the midterms. I think he waited until the last minute, then stalled again. I wonder what Bannon would say about that? Perhaps Trump could ask during visiting hours.
    Sorry but while those damages might be significant to the defendant getting payed, I highly doubt a lawyer is going to be worried about a small monetary fine.

Call me when they start getting disbarred. Until then the risk of Trump not paying them is going to be a bigger deterrent then possible sanctions.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The fine isn't a big deal. But the judgment itself is a legal red flag warning.

So, Trump went on his usual late night complain-a-thon about stuff. However, this time, he was pretty charged up about something. Complaining that someone stole an electron in Arizona. Blake Masters must be upset he is one electron short now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...b1506554bf8b04

‘They Stole The Electron!’ Trump Goes on Late Night Rage Binge Over Arizona Races Called After Maricopa Update

Ex-president Donald Trump has been livid over the midterm elections, in which his candidates fared poorly and Gov. Ron DeSantis did very well.

Trump threw several tantrum non-tweets up on his Truth Social account on Friday as results came in and races were called or projections were made. His first trigger was when CNN, the AP, and other media including Decision Desk projected Democrat incumbent Sen. Mark Kelly has defeated Trump-endorsed and promoted Republican Blake Masters.

In his first post-Masters post, Trump decreed “Do Election over again!”

The reason? They stole his candidate’s, um, electron.

“This is a scam and voter fraud, no different than stuffing the ballot boxes,” said Trump of wait times and problems with some voting machines. Which errors he posits were at a quantum level, saying “They stole the Electron from Blake Masters.”

That’s a serious (cough) charge.

Trump then went ballistic on Sens. Mitch McConnell and Lisa MurkowsKi.

And then on to short outbursts as the hour got later.

Trump then went on to twee — err, post on Truth Social about his daughter’s Saturday wedding at Mar-a-Lago.

Arizona results are still coming in, but several races had projected winners on Friday, including Democrats Mark Kelly, Adrian Fontes, and Greg Stanton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    So, Trump went on his usual late night complain-a-thon about stuff. However, this time, he was pretty charged up about something. Complaining that someone stole an electron in Arizona. Blake Masters must be upset he is one electron short now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...b1506554bf8b04
    I’m sure he’ll have evidence of that election fraud aaaaaany minute now.

Fascinating how keyed into the electoral process of Arizona trump must be to have access to the relevant polling information, knowledge of a grand election conspiracy, considerable evidence of its extent, all but three days after Election Day and before the votes are even finished being tallied and despite trump holding no political position anywhere in the country, let alone in Arizona.

Oh, wait, no, he’s just lying.

Oh, let’s see here… @tehdang @D3thray @Linkedblade what are your thoughts on Trump’s completely made up outrage over this completely made up situation?

Do you feel that this blind outrage and flagrant lying is befitting of a politician? Do you feel that these lies are potentially harmful to a functioning democracy? Do you feel it’s worth your time and effort supporting and defending a party led by a moron like this?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Brahmslover1278/...Luj2qSt6g&s=19

11/11/22 has been a day for the history books.

Twitter fake accounts caused the market to lose tons of money. Musk and Twitter are imploding.

Trump and the GOP are having a HARD breakup. Republicans perhaps finally doing a bit of introspection? Doubtful. They didnt abandon him with the violent insurrection. They abandonned him because his image is a liability to their power. No soul searching at all. Just more naked power coveting.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

What I'd love to see, if Trump piss off enough Republicans, that the next time the Jan 6th Committee comes out to do something, you see House Republican Leader Jebadiah Forsutohavakid stop, think for a moment about things, then go "Right, carry on." and get the fuck out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking of Trump's lawyers needing lawyers
    has there been any news on what punishment Sidney Powell is gonna face for skipping on that grand jury subpoena back in Sept?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    speaking of Trump's lawyers needing lawyers
    has there been any news on what punishment Sidney Powell is gonna face for skipping on that grand jury subpoena back in Sept?
    It has not been a great week for them. Sidney Powell wanted her Wisconsin sanctions tossed. She failed.

A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday said Wisconsin can pursue attorney misconduct sanctions against Donald Trump ally Sidney Powell despite her objection that a panel of judges had no authority to hear the state's case.

The Chicago-based 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in a brief order rejected Powell's bid to quickly dismiss Wisconsin's appeal of a lower court order denying sanctions. The state sought to punish attorney Powell over a lawsuit she filed on behalf of a Wisconsin voter alleging Democrat Joe Biden won a fraudulent presidential election in 2020.
    Giuliani's not doing so hot either.

In March, a Manhattan judge advanced Smartmatic’s lawsuit against the Fox Corporation, Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs, and Giuliani, who succeeded in dismissing only some of the counts against him. Jeanine Pirro and Sidney Powell were able to scuttle the lawsuit against them entirely.

On Wednesday, the judge agreed to revive one of the counts that Giuliani had successfully dismissed. That count alleged that Giuliani defamed the company by claiming that their “election technology was designed and used to fix, rig and steal elections.”

“Since such a defamatory statement impugns the basic integrity of SUSA’s business, ‘an action for defamation lies and injury is conclusively presumed,'” Manhattan Supreme Court Justice David Cohen wrote in a seven-page ruling.

Smartmatic filed its $2.7 billion lawsuit in February 2021, accusing Fox of engaging in a “disinformation campaign, which has damaged democracy worldwide and irreparably harmed Smartmatic and other stakeholders who contribute to modern elections.”
    OANN isn't doing any better.

Voting company Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against One America News Network (OANN) can move forward, a judge ruled Monday, as Dominion and rival company Smartmatic pursue a dozen defamation lawsuits over baseless election fraud claims about their voting machines.

Dominion’s lawsuits against Powell, Lindell and Giuliani aren’t likely to go to trial until late 2023 or early 2024, based on a schedule the judge set, and the exact trial date won’t be known until at least July. Dominion’s lawsuit against Fox News will go to trial in April 2023, and Nichols set a scheduling order in Smartmatic’s OANN lawsuit suggesting it won’t go to trial until at least fall 2024. It’s still unclear when the other defamation cases will move forward to a trial.
    It's been a busy week. "Minor" headlines like these got swept away by the red wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’m sure he’ll have evidence of that election fraud aaaaaany minute now.

Fascinating how keyed into the electoral process of Arizona trump must be to have access to the relevant polling information, knowledge of a grand election conspiracy, considerable evidence of its extent, all but three days after Election Day and before the votes are even finished being tallied and despite trump holding no political position anywhere in the country, let alone in Arizona.

Oh, wait, no, he’s just lying.

Oh, let’s see here… @tehdang @D3thray @Linkedblade what are your thoughts on Trump’s completely made up outrage over this completely made up situation?

Do you feel that this blind outrage and flagrant lying is befitting of a politician? Do you feel that these lies are potentially harmful to a functioning democracy? Do you feel it’s worth your time and effort supporting and defending a party led by a moron like this?
    I'm not a republican. I don't don't give a fuck what Trump thinks. Don't mention me in such stupid shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I'm not a republican. I don't don't give a fuck what Trump thinks.
    These two statements are in direct opposition. Trump, leader of a major political party, claimed without evidence that there was election fraud. By refusing to condemn such a claim, you are, in fact, taking Trump's side, much like someone witnessing a robbery or rape and not calling for help. Silence is complicity, and you were asked directly. You refused to answer.

Also can't help but notice Kale didn't say you were a Republican, only asked your opinion, which clearly differs from his. So your claims about political party can only be viewed as deflection. Which, in turn, sounds like defending Trump. So, yes, it sure sounds like you are a Republican to me, because it sounds like you're a Trump defender by virtue of refusing to condemn his behavior.

Now, would you care to give it a second try? Because this here, that may not have been the answer you wanted to say, but it is the answer you did say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    what are your thoughts on Trump’s completely made up outrage over this completely made up situation?
    Did you think it would be any different than when he lost in 2020? Ask yourself seriously now.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Did you think it would be any different than when he lost in 2020? Ask yourself seriously now.
    No, I didn't.

But I don't support him or his party in the least. I don't errantly believe that his stupidity or dishonesty is "benign" enough to warrant humoring and supporting him and his follower's malignant hostility to achieve some niche political aim.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-11-13 at 05:33 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

These two statements are in direct opposition. Trump, leader of a major political party, claimed without evidence that there was election fraud. By refusing to condemn such a claim, you are, in fact, taking Trump's side, much like someone witnessing a robbery or rape and not calling for help. Silence is complicity, and you were asked directly. You refused to answer.

Also can't help but notice Kale didn't say you were a Republican, only asked your opinion, which clearly differs from his. So your claims about political party can only be viewed as deflection. Which, in turn, sounds like defending Trump. So, yes, it sure sounds like you are a Republican to me, because it sounds like you're a Trump defender by virtue of refusing to condemn his behavior.

Now, would you care to give it a second try? Because this here, that may not have been the answer you wanted to say, but it is the answer you did say.
    I wasn't even taking part in this thread and got mentioned. Fuck off.

It wasn't Trump that lost them the midterms. It was their stance on abortion which is not shared by much of their own voters let alone conservative-leaning independents. It was also the party allow for extremist clown candidates, candidates that have been common among the GOP before well before Trump. The Democrats should absolutely turn this narrative that is rapidly forming and is scapegoating Trump for what is a failure of a major part of the Republican policy and their platform. Obviously let the GOP keep blaming each other but their message should be firm that it's all their fault, not just his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It wasn't Trump that lost them the midterms. It was their stance on abortion which is not shared by much of their own voters let alone conservative-leaning independents. It was also the party allow for extremist clown candidates, candidates that have been common among the GOP before well before Trump. The Democrats should absolutely turn this narrative that is rapidly forming and is scapegoating Trump for what is a failure of a major part of the Republican policy and their platform. Obviously let the GOP keep blaming each other but their message should be firm that it's all their fault, not just his.
    You sure about that? I think i saw an NBC (?) clip about how Trump candidates underperformed compared to "regular" republicans. Sure abortion plaid a huge role, but it was also a defeat for trumpism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    You sure about that? I think i saw an NBC (?) clip about how Trump candidates underperformed compared to "regular" republicans. Sure abortion plaid a huge role, but it was also a defeat for trumpism.
    And that's not a useful narrative for the Democrats. It lets Republicans off the hook if they somehow manage to have someone other than Trump on the ticket in 2024. And "Trump candidates" did not underperform because they were Trump candidates, they underperformed because they belong in the loony bin. But are they recognizably different than a Tea Party candidate from 2008-2012 like Michele Bachmann? This isn't new and it's not unique to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It wasn't Trump that lost them the midterms. It was their stance on abortion
    Let's be honest, it's a trail mix of reasons, but this trail mix is loaded with nuts.

The Republican Party has intentionally gone further and further away from the view of the average American. I'm going to ask you "When was the last time they won the popular vote?" and you're going to raise your finger to answer, realize you don't actually remember, then go look it up, and say "Oh shit". Trump is 100% part of that, but it's been going on for a while.

I think it's fair to say "all abortions are illegal" is an extreme view, considering the last 50-whatever years, but that's what they're going for. But they're also siding with a known Nazi sympathizer, a known adulterer, a known thief, and a known traitor. I think those count as extreme views, too. The GOP hasn't had the middle of the country in such a long time, the US now has two lefts -- Clinton and Sanders.

Trump will remain the focal point for a while, because of Trump. As long as he insists on being the only issue in the Republican Party, it's fair to target him specifically. But the Democrats should continue to act like decent human beings, and continue to serve a growing majority of the country until, as we're seeing, even gerrymandering's not enough.

I might even live long enough to see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Breccia See I am not sure I agree with your perspective here, if anything Republicans "lost" not because their horrendous views on running a government, but rather because they have such a crap cast of characters.

Put a Ron DeSantis in charge and people like him? The Republicans will win by a landslide, even though he's quite frankly a piece of shit purely because of his stance on COVID restrictions. Though I admit I've found that my faith in democracy has collapsed significantly with COVID seeing how many people didn't care at all about trying to help their fellow man out by not killing them via a pandemic spread. So perhaps DeSantis represents what voters actually want: He won Florida by 20 points, by all that is good he won democratic strongholds.

Regarding Trump? Trump was elected because he represented and campaigned heavily as someone that would not be the same scummy self-center politician ( feel free to disagree but remember that is precisely how Trump won the election, by convincing enough people of this ), then he governed exactly like a self-centered politician, and took it to the extreme even.

If he had not governed like a self-indulgent piece of trash he would have smashed Biden, but as long he keeps it going about "ME, ME, ME!" he and his party will lose.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-11-13 at 06:02 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."