Thread: Evokers

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Evokers

For those who have the beta what is your impressions of Evoker? How do you enjoy the DPS spec? How does it play?

Quote Originally Posted by rsf316 View Post
    For those who have the beta what is your impressions of Evoker? How do you enjoy the DPS spec? How does it play?
    I went in super hyped and came away extremely disappointed, Empowered spells are too clunky and breaks the flow of rotations and the class during levelling feels extremely weak and squishy the armour from your visage what there is of it looks awful if you have barbershop armour on and female visage is literally a boring copy/paste of the human female they should have made all races available if they were just gonna copy past it.. and I was super excited and now im debating on whether I will bother much with DF.

I played the Evoker through the beta. He was super squishy at the initial leveling, now after the buffs he is great for me.
    He still needs some fine tuning, but he makes me a lot of fun.
    When I look at the last videos of jerico etc., he seems to keep up well with the DPS and has some utility.

PVP he seems to have some problems, there was also removed at the last second a talent.

Healer should be more fun than the DD, but I can not judge, because I have not played him yet.

So far from what ive played of the healing spec im really enjoying it. The dps spec is pretty fun too. It takes some getting used to but im glad i was wrong and can’t wait to start maining it come the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by rsf316 View Post
    So when evokers were announced I was completely not interested in them, I did not found them appealing to me. But after watching few streams and videos I did not get hyped about them but somehow curious.

So when I got into beta like week ago I just decided to test them. I went into dummy to see how the rotation look like. And it was a total mess for me, I did not had idea what I'm doing and was just mashing randomly buttons and obviously the result was horrible. So I checked abit about the rotation and talents and results were much better so I decided to test it in some dungeons.

And surprisingly I had alot of fun running dungeons and I'm not talking about damage results because it was not important for me because there was still alot of tunning to be done. Had also some annoying moments like tanks dragging out mob packs out of your empowered spells range, or dashing with zephyr in some random bad stuff, the worst experience I had when totally overgeared party just runned through whole dungeon and stopping only at bosses. Basically could not cast anything and Pyre wasn't buffed yet so it was hard to do dmg at all.

I checked mostly DPS spec but I liked also healing one. It feeled unique to me but I heal only when Im bored with DPS or for faster queues in some easier content so I don't have alot of experience with healing in general.

Overall the class is not for everyone. There are fun parts and also flaws. Rotation is not very complicated but it has some interaction and you need to play around Giantkiller mastery (Dragonrage with Tyranny talent) to have nice results so mashing butons randomly that are glowing won't give you good dps. Positioning is also very important but after awhile it's not that hard to get used to it. Theres also only 1 dps spec but for me its a plus. Played before Warlock, having more options give you more chance to have atleast 1 decent spec but I loved only affli and was forced to play other specs (by myself) because destro/demo was basically better in almost all raid tiers. Also I don't like to prepare gear sets for 3 different specializations anymore, got kinda lazy in that regard.

The best way to check it is just give it a try at prepatch if you don't have beta access. Don't listen other people, some will tell you it's amazing, some will tell you it's horrible and both will be right because it's all subjective.

I'm still torn between Shadow Priest and Evoker but also considering Demon Hunter. I like the fast paced DH playstyle but don't like too much the visuals of their armor sets (I know silly reason lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    So when evokers were announced I was completely not interested in them, I did not found them appealing to me. But after watching few streams and videos I did not get hyped about them but somehow curious.

So when I got into beta like week ago I just decided to test them. I went into dummy to see how the rotation look like. And it was a total mess for me, I did not had idea what I'm doing and was just mashing randomly buttons and obviously the result was horrible. So I checked abit about the rotation and talents and results were much better so I decided to test it in some dungeons.

And surprisingly I had alot of fun running dungeons and I'm not talking about damage results because it was not important for me because there was still alot of tunning to be done. Had also some annoying moments like tanks dragging out mob packs out of your empowered spells range, or dashing with zephyr in some random bad stuff, the worst experience I had when totally overgeared party just runned through whole dungeon and stopping only at bosses. Basically could not cast anything and Pyre wasn't buffed yet so it was hard to do dmg at all.

I checked mostly DPS spec but I liked also healing one. It feeled unique to me but I heal only when Im bored with DPS or for faster queues in some easier content so I don't have alot of experience with healing in general.

Overall the class is not for everyone. There are fun parts and also flaws. Rotation is not very complicated but it has some interaction and you need to play around Giantkiller mastery (Dragonrage with Tyranny talent) to have nice results so mashing butons randomly that are glowing won't give you good dps. Positioning is also very important but after awhile it's not that hard to get used to it. Theres also only 1 dps spec but for me its a plus. Played before Warlock, having more options give you more chance to have atleast 1 decent spec but I loved only affli and was forced to play other specs (by myself) because destro/demo was basically better in almost all raid tiers. Also I don't like to prepare gear sets for 3 different specializations anymore, got kinda lazy in that regard.

The best way to check it is just give it a try at prepatch if you don't have beta access. Don't listen other people, some will tell you it's amazing, some will tell you it's horrible and both will be right because it's all subjective.

I'm still torn between Shadow Priest and Evoker but also considering Demon Hunter. I like the fast paced DH playstyle but don't like too much the visuals of their armor sets (I know silly reason lol).
    Echoing this. For me, the Evoker trashes Demon Hunter and Spriest but my love for Paladins and Rogues will remain.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I had fun playing preservation. Devastation needs a rework tho

5+ Year Old Account
    The dps spec's rotation seems rather dull to me. Barely any buttons, no depth. A ranged demon hunter, pretty much.

I didn’t like it at first, but I realized part of it was not understanding the rotation/when to use what level of empowered abilities, and also the leveling template character starting with ilvl 180 felt bad compared to my other characters.

I fairly quickly started to enjoy it and now for the first time I’m heavily considering starting an expansion as the new class. I find myself hopping on beta just to play Evoker for fun.

I still am not a fan of the Dracthyr models and hope they get improvements, but at least there’s a toggle to automatically go to the visage form upon leaving combat. My only complaint with the visage form is that I want to have the option to completely hide all the scales, as it stands there doesn’t appear to be a way to hide the forehead scales, so I’m just using a hairstyle that mostly covers it.

I will also echo what others have said that I think the healing spec is going to be a lot of fun.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I like it.
    My main issue with casters is that they didn’t feel engaging enough in PvE. Evokers don’t really feel that way partially because of the empowered system.

On the PvP side it is nice to have multiple schools of magic so if you’re interrupted you can still deal damage.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I noticed since recent damage buffs is that it is incredibly easy to pull threat off of tanks in keys though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I like it.
    My main issue with casters is that they didn’t feel engaging enough in PvE. Evokers don’t really feel that way partially because of the empowered system.

On the PvP side it is nice to have multiple schools of magic so if you’re interrupted you can still deal damage.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I noticed since recent damage buffs is that it is incredibly easy to pull threat off of tanks in keys though.
    ..pull threat off of tanks in keys though? Ehhh, you mean mythic+ ?
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    ..pull threat off of tanks in keys though? Ehhh, you mean mythic+ ?
    Yes.
    Keys are M+
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yes.
    Keys are M+
    I have absolute never never NEVER heard of anyone saying keys when referring to mythic+ ! Haha!
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

I have absolute never never NEVER heard of anyone saying keys when referring to mythic+ ! Haha!
    Which is weird because the servers I played on would always talk about running high level keys and even had one of those annoying advertising spammers selling high key runs.

Didn't enjoy it at all. The empowered spells feel awful to cast and the reduced range is miserable.

My tendency is leaning towards it being trash, I don't think the devestation spec flows well at all and the charge gimmik feels super bad. Maybe the later will be fixed when playing on EU servers, but on the beta servers in the US the ping made it just feel awful and clunky.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-11-14 at 06:17 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

People I Play with EXCLUSIVELY use the term Keys when referring to M+ wdym

I rather like it overall. The healing is very interesting (though I really don't have enough experience yet to give any detailed opinion). The DPS side is fine, lots of buttons that do flashy damage. Squishy as heck at first until you get your iLevel up to like 340-350+ at level 70 (which is pretty easy). The empowered spells don't bother me, they're just long-cast nukes like most "mage" type classes and the effect seems proportional to the cast time. If you want twitch go play Sub Rogue or something. Damage also scales up pleasantly with iLevel, similar to survivability. Always be moving.

5+ Year Old Account
    Then that's a you problem, haha!
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

I really enjoyed it, and I will be maining one for DF.

I main a elemental shaman, and it feels very similar to my personally.

A elemntal shaman can face tank, but the goal isnt to. I always bob and weave as it were and evoker emphasis this.

I havent played in the last 2/3 week so I havent felt the new tanky changes, but I loved them at their squishiest.

Highly Mobile, flying around, spaming spells, rooting into large bursts of AOE damages, funneling for massive amounts of damage. It was great.

I noticed alot of people playing the suggest build which lead heavily into Red and i knew thats now how I wanted to play.

I respect into blue and loved it.

I felt powerful and in control.

I helped alot of evokers on beta who started enjoying the spec once i shared my input.

I saw lots of mistakes early on from some player, the squishyness at the start for example is easily played around with you visage.

People were staying in dragon for, but if you set it to go to visage form after combat, you heal ALOT, almost no downtime pack to pack.

I would pull HUGE PACKS, claw claw claw claw claw, keeping up that slow so nobody would touch me, hover for the speed put and get them into a nice pack, land slide them all into a root, hard cast a 4 stack flame breath, and then insta cast a rank 4 eternity surge.... if it wasnt dead yet... the final deep breath ended everything.

Any damage, healed up with the rapid regen you get in visage for....rinse and repeat...

You can collect Dragonriding token using soar... made it super easy to get some of the harder tokens *im not the best dragon rider yet*

in starter greens I was easily soloing the elite 3-5 person quest mobs was a sinch.

I dungeoned some, and did great damage.

Pain points were aggressive tank that i couldnt keep up with when trying to set up my loarge burst aoe rotation cause of them moving them.

Disintegrate with scintilation feels OH SO GOOD

I know this got nerfed a bit with the Eternity Surge nerf, but it was needed.... I mean with scinitilation procs, I was melting anything in my way.

Im happy with it and it felt natural to me.

Wish more of the armor would show on the model.

Customization is a chefs kiss.

Im pleased.