Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    If they win out they're in, but that seems like a long shot at this point. If they have one loss and a conference championship, it's a hard question imo. Assuming the Pac-12 is gonna Pac-12 and eliminate itself, you have Georgia in, winner of OSU/Michigan in, then you get two out these 4: 1 loss TCU, 1 loss Clemson, 1 loss Tennessee, loser of OSU/Michigan. I'd put Tennessee in, and have a hard time choosing between OSU/Michigan, Clemson, and TCU. Best team very likely is the OSU/Michigan loser, but neither one of them has exactly beaten a tough schedule, unlike Tennessee who has wins over Alabama and LSU. And it would feel highly unsatisfying to have the 1 and 2 teams be playing against teams that the other one beat already.
    Hoinestly Id put TCU in over clemson. Big 12 is by far more competitive than the ACC

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Hoinestly Id put TCU in over clemson. Big 12 is by far more competitive than the ACC
    Agreed. Should have been in during 2014.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Got back from the mountains and got to watch the replay.
    A perfect capstone to reactionary billionaires having an awful week!
    Let's give it up for Mr. Phil Knight, who failed in his attempt to purchase the Oregon governorship and then had his NCAA football subsidiary blow a 4th quarter lead to the Huskies in Eugene.
    The UW Huskies did the nation a great service. By sparing everyone another week of Kirk Herbstreet and Reece Davis arguing that losing by 45 to Georgia is basically the same as losing by 12.
    Your ridiculous hatred for Oregon is hysterical. Always a pleasure reading your unreasoned and unimaginative posts.

The Ducks loss to the Huskies was unfortunate, and it certainly makes the pac-12 out of the CFP (can't wait for the 12-team fomula). Hopefully Nix is healthy and we can win out for the Rose Bowl (probably against Michigan). Utah looks tough, but, assuming Nix is healthy, we're going to be a tough team to beat after that fantastic game against Washington.

Does USC have any reasonable shot at the CFP? If they win out and take the Pac-12 title? This is for everyone else, not you, milchy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Lol ucla lost
    I could not believe that happened. To AZ no less. W.T.F.

- - - Updated - - -

If they win out they're in, but that seems like a long shot at this point. If they have one loss and a conference championship, it's a hard question imo. Assuming the Pac-12 is gonna Pac-12 and eliminate itself, you have Georgia in, winner of OSU/Michigan in, then you get two out these 4: 1 loss TCU, 1 loss Clemson, 1 loss Tennessee, loser of OSU/Michigan. I'd put Tennessee in, and have a hard time choosing between OSU/Michigan, Clemson, and TCU. Best team very likely is the OSU/Michigan loser, but neither one of them has exactly beaten a tough schedule, unlike Tennessee who has wins over Alabama and LSU. And it would feel highly unsatisfying to have the 1 and 2 teams be playing against teams that the other one beat already.
    Lol, the Pac-12 indeed Pac-12'd itself. We're out, barring some miracle that USC wins out and there is somehow a spot for them. I don't see that happening - too many teams ahead in line that are likelier to stay ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awful shit: https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status...87101105512448

Have not read anything yet about the guy being caught or his motivations, though, so who knows what might still happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking it's just a matter of time when something like this this is linked NIL money. Jealousy over NIL money or a shakedown over a NIL payday.
    I'm all for players getting paid, but the unregulated NIL deals are an invitation to to all kinds of shenanigans.

I also hope athletics departments are coaching up their players on tax obligations.
    Government Affiliated Snark

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Your ridiculous hatred for Oregon is hysterical. Always a pleasure reading your unreasoned and unimaginative posts.

The Ducks loss to the Huskies was unfortunate, and it certainly makes the pac-12 out of the CFP (can't wait for the 12-team fomula). Hopefully Nix is healthy and we can win out for the Rose Bowl (probably against Michigan). Utah looks tough, but, assuming Nix is healthy, we're going to be a tough team to beat after that fantastic game against Washington.

Does USC have any reasonable shot at the CFP? If they win out and take the Pac-12 title? This is for everyone else, not you, milchy.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, the Pac-12 indeed Pac-12'd itself. We're out, barring some miracle that USC wins out and there is somehow a spot for them. I don't see that happening - too many teams ahead in line that are likelier to stay ahead.
    Yeah, USC is their last hope. Win out and get a nice win over ND and that’s a pretty solid resume - especially factoring in that ND stomped Clemson, one of USC’s likely rivals for that last spot.

Yeah, USC is their last hope. Win out and get a nice win over ND and that’s a pretty solid resume - especially factoring in that ND stomped Clemson, one of USC’s likely rivals for that last spot.
    Wild weekend for sure. There are talk shows talking about the possibility of 3 SEC teams and Ohio State playoffs or replace Ohio State with TCU.

Crazy college football!

10+ Year Old Account
    A win out would likely include a win over Utah. Which would redeem their loss.

Networks basically saying they would prefer the Pac10 sends USC ....

A nice comfy primetime slot.
    Second place is a set of steak knives.
    Last place is go fuck yourself in the dark, at freezing temperatures.

Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    A win out would likely include a win over Utah. Which would redeem their loss.

Networks basically saying they would prefer the Pac10 sends USC ....

A nice comfy primetime slot.
    Second place is a set of steak knives.
    Last place is go fuck yourself in the dark, at freezing temperatures.

Notre Dame USC would get priority placement if both teams were 3-6.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Wild weekend for sure. There are talk shows talking about the possibility of 3 SEC teams and Ohio State playoffs or replace Ohio State with TCU.
    If you were to google how to get a 12 team playoff in 2024, this would be the top result.

If you were to google how to get a 12 team playoff in 2024, this would be the top result.
    It will help but the 12 team playoff is still gonna be a SEC heavy affair until the other conferences change perception by beating SEC teams on the field.

This year if we had a 12 team playoff it would be 4 SEC teams getting in for sure maybe even a 5th if they could justify getting ole miss in. 2-3 B1G teams, 2 Pac 12 teams, TCU, Clemson and one of UCF/Tulane/Cinci. Ole Miss and Penn State would be the argument for the last spot so it could of been extremely SEC heavy with 5 teams or still SEC heavy with only 4.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It will help but the 12 team playoff is still gonna be a SEC heavy affair until the other conferences change perception by beating SEC teams on the field.

This year if we had a 12 team playoff it would be 4 SEC teams getting in for sure maybe even a 5th if they could justify getting ole miss in. 2-3 B1G teams, 2 Pac 12 teams, TCU, Clemson and one of UCF/Tulane/Cinci. Ole Miss and Penn State would be the argument for the last spot so it could of been extremely SEC heavy with 5 teams or still SEC heavy with only 4.
    That's still way better then taking 3 out of 4 playoff spots.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

The pac-12 is taking one conf game off their required schedule (so down to 8 conf games). Hopefully the teams will start scheduling each other. At the very least more conf vs conf games would help perception. What would be great is if the other conferences started scheduling more SEC games as well. I know it won't/can't be many, but even a few more would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

That's still way better then taking 3 out of 4 playoff spots.
    Exactly - 4 out of 12 is better, in every measurable category, than 2/3 out of 4. I agree with you as well that if they are 3 SEC teams in the CFP there will be a huge push to more to the 12-team model next year. I with they would just do it regardless.

I also think the CFP committee will work hard to prevent 3 SEC teams in the CFP this year. How would it play out to see 3? Mich gets stomped, driving them down past Tenn. Somehow TCU loses? What else?
    Last edited by cubby; 2022-11-16 at 03:52 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The pac-12 is taking one conf game off their required schedule (so down to 8 conf games). Hopefully the teams will start scheduling each other. At the very least more conf vs conf games would help perception. What would be great is if the other conferences started scheduling more SEC games as well. I know it won't/can't be many, but even a few more would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly - 4 out of 12 is better, in every measurable category, than 2/3 out of 4. I agree with you as well that if they are 3 SEC teams in the CFP there will be a huge push to more to the 12-team model next year. I with they would just do it regardless.

I also think the CFP committee will work hard to prevent 3 SEC teams in the CFP this year. How would it play out to see 3? Mich gets stomped, driving them down past Tenn. Somehow TCU loses? What else?
    Fun fact: The Pac-12 is the only P5 with 6 ranked teams right now. The mighty SEC? 5.
    Last edited by Lilithvia; 2022-11-16 at 05:22 PM.

There is no shot 3 SEC teams get in. LSU will be left out even if they win the SEC because they got blown out in their own house by Tenn and have 2 losses. Tenn and UGA would get the nod over them. Similar to 2016 where OSU didn't win the B1G but got in with 1 loss over PSU who beat OSU, won the B1G but had 2 losses and one was a humiliating blow out to Michigan.

That's just ESPN trying to sell their big purchase and hype it up, there are way too many non SEC people on the CFP Committee to ever allow 3/4ths to be SEC.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no shot 3 SEC teams get in. LSU will be left out even if they win the SEC because they got blown out in their own house by Tenn and have 2 losses. Tenn and UGA would get the nod over them. Similar to 2016 where OSU didn't win the B1G but got in with 1 loss over PSU who beat OSU, won the B1G but had 2 losses and one was a humiliating blow out to Michigan.

That's just ESPN trying to sell their big purchase and hype it up, there are way too many non SEC people on the CFP Committee to ever allow 3/4ths to be SEC.
    Not sure how you can just casually say "no shot" when all it would take is LSU winning the SEC, Michigan getting annihilated by OSU, and TCU losing a game. Poof! That leaves:

1. OSU
    2. Georigia
    3. Tenn
    4. LSU

Don't get me wrong, I would be horrified, and it would push hard the need for an immediate 12-team playoff rather than wait till 2026. But absolutely not a "no shot" situation.

Fun fact: The Pac-12 is the only P5 with 6 ranked teams right now. The mighty SEC? 5.
    All 5 are in the top 15 though, and it's no surprise the middle and bottom of the SEC suck, they usually do. SEC is always top heavy, it's just that top is usually the top of the elites on cfb.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how you can just casually say "no shot" when all it would take is LSU winning the SEC, Michigan getting annihilated by OSU, and TCU losing a game. Poof! That leaves:

1. OSU
    2. Georigia
    3. Tenn
    4. LSU
    You're ignoring a 1 loss ACC Champ and potential 1 loss USC Pac 12 champ in this. They need a hell of a lot more than that, LSU needs full 2007 level chaos to get in with 2 losses, one being an absolute blowout in their own house. They're high ranked now but USC beating UCLA, ND and another highly ranked team in the Pac 12 championship is going to pass them up if happens. The ACC champ is more sketch but still think they give the nod to a 1 loss power 5 champ over a 2 loss one since no 2 loss team has ever got in.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-11-17 at 01:29 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're ignoring a 1 loss ACC Champ and potential 1 loss USC Pac 12 champ in this. They need a hell of a lot more than that, LSU needs full 2007 level chaos to get in with 2 losses, one being an absolute blowout in their own house. They're high ranked now but USC beating UCLA, ND and another highly ranked team in the Pac 12 championship is going to pass them up if happens. The ACC champ is more sketch but still think they give the nod to a 1 loss power 5 champ over a 2 loss one since no 2 loss team has ever got in.
    I'm not ignoring the ACC champ any more than the Committee is - they put them two spots behind the already 2-loss LSU.

However, I think you're spot on re the Pac-12 champ spoiling it for LSU (the irony). If USC wins out, having beaten UCLA, ND, and then Oregon in the Champ game, that would definitely be worth considering. And you made another good point, we won't see the 2007 chaos in this mix. It's highly unlikely, for instance, that TCU loses, and they'll be in for sure winning out and being Big-12 champ. Michigan will probably keep OSU close, so a tight win for them keeps them in the mix as a 1-loss team the same that LSU is in the mix as a 2-loss team.

Plus - I think the CFP would be highly reluctant to lean towards trying to get a 2-loss team into the CFP. The only big issue I can see is if they beat/blowout Georgia, which is highly unlikely.

There is chaos for sure, but none that would really put LSU into the #4 spot. But then again, this being college football, who knows - anything could happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    All 5 are in the top 15 though, and it's no surprise the middle and bottom of the SEC suck, they usually do. SEC is always top heavy, it's just that top is usually the top of the elites on cfb.
    Five? Bro. You don't seem to be up to date on the ONLY rankings that matter: CFP