Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No. Monk has been my main sincd mop. I can not stand the other healers. They are boring and to blatantly braindeas easy to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb take, but it is your opinion.

Allied races are literally that. Allied offshoots of the main races.
    UH mistweaver is breadead easy too. Get off your high horse

Quote Originally Posted by LuxTheGamer View Post
    What makes necromancer cool is that you can summon minions at your whim to destroy your foes, wear cloth, and even sap the life from your enemies to benefit yourself, it'd be cool if you could take their souls and use them as juice, etc, and summon so many minions.
    Death Knights do all of that minus wearing cloth and Demo Warlocks all of that aside from sap enemies life and add it to their own. However, they do sap their own life. A spell they use named "sap"... Just messing around but your literally for asking stuff we already have but wanting to give it a different name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest they could probably remove all classes except for 'Warrior' and 'Mage and just make everything else a spec out of those two archetypes.

If not removal of classes, I'd also agree with spec trimming for the sake of it. There's plenty of classes that I think don't actually need their 3rd specs, even if people play em. All you need is an intermediate expansion where certain specs get nerfed into the ground, then they get removed entirely while the spec's flavour gets re-added through Glyphs, Talents or as a part of a new "Hero" customization system.

I kind of think the Spec system should be reserved for Roles rather than different types of gameplay. So Hybrid classes like Paladins or Shamans or Druids would still have separate specs since they fill different roles, but any class with multiple overlapping roles would have a single DPS spec that has branching gameplay options instead. Instead of separating Fury and Arms, have it as one DPS spec that changes up gameplay based on your Stance and Talent choices. Instead of Fire, Frost or Arcane specs, have one Mage spec that encompasses it all while having Glyphs and Talents and Hero customizations provide the flavour back in.

If you want to play as a Frost or Fire DPS Mage, you pick the appropriate glyphs and talents to get your Pure Frost or Pure Fire gameplay. And by cutting down pure specs, they could then go back in and add new roles to existing classes. Mage with a Healing spec, Shamans and Warlocks with a Tanking spec, etc.

And with customization pushed to Talents and 'Hero' customization, this allows a proper Dark Ranger or Beastmaster or Mountain King or Blademaster through picking the right branch of talents. Just make sure any Hero specific abilities get balanced appropriately at a talent level, so they don't have to build entire new classes or specs for these identities.
    That's not a bad idea. Not exactly how I would do it but it seems well reasoned. For mages I always thought frost could be a tank spec that uses ice as armor or shielding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Not a fan of monks in any kind of rpg, but at least they have some fantasy elements going for them.

Warriors on the other hand are just bland. I wouldn't miss them at all. Instead give me a properly themed berserker/barbarian class.

Oh and they can keep evoker as well.. give me a proper storm mage spec instead of adding a 4th god damn fire caster spec... 'effin wankers at blizzard.
    By Storm Mage do you mean Elemental Shaman???

Axe the Evoker.

You know they half assed the design so now you are gonna get a half assed class.

They could have made it a 5 spec class making it the most flexible class to play( before saying that is a lot a druid is already 4 spec)

Black-tank
    Red-healing
    Bronze-buffs and healing or the option to also be a caster with specialty time buffs.
    Green-melee
    Blue-caster

But alas, activision blizzard(i will continue to call them this because this is now activions blizzard) is to worried about mtx to make a good game anymore.
    Last edited by Roflfaceroll; 2022-11-15 at 04:27 AM.

Remove:

Monk
    Demon Hunter
    Dracthyr

Monks and DH I just don't like, but the Dracthyr concept seems so far away from what the general playerbase had in mind for a playable dragon class. Also they look like something degenerate scalies would be in to

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Remove:

Monk
    Demon Hunter
    Dracthyr

Monks and DH I just don't like, but the Dracthyr concept seems so far away from what the general playerbase had in mind for a playable dragon class. Also they look like something degenerate scalies would be in to
    I would remove Vulpera or Pandarin well before Dracthyr personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstaar View Post
    By Storm Mage do you mean Elemental Shaman???
    The Shaman theme is just a hodgepodge of elements; which is kind of the point. I want a class that can specialize in lightning and water (maybe even wind) magic and is not bound coming with yet another fire spec. I also want one that uses water (not ice) offensively, not just for boring healing. Storm mage (for a lack of a better word) would be more like the kul tiran guys in BfA. Shaman also has the theme of being dependent on elemental creatures, I'm thinking more standard evocation magic like mages. Again, if we can have every element shared among multiple classes, I don't see a reason why fucking Shamans get to hog Lightning for their filler spells..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    The Shaman theme is just a hodgepodge of elements; which is kind of the point. I want a class that can specialize in lightning and water (maybe even wind) magic and is not bound coming with yet another fire spec. I also want one that uses water (not ice) offensively, not just for boring healing. Storm mage (for a lack of a better word) would be more like the kul tiran guys in BfA. Shaman also has the theme of being dependent on elemental creatures, I'm thinking more standard evocation magic like mages. Again, if we can have every element shared among multiple classes, I don't see a reason why fucking Shamans get to hog Lightning for their filler spells..
    Why not just make a 4th Shaman spec then and have each element be the sole focus of each spec?? Actually, as I think about that you still wouldn't get your water DPS spec because water would certainly be a healer spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Maybe they could do to DKs what they did to Rogues, pick a spec and completely revamp it. I would be in favor of removing Unholy and replacing it with a true Necromancer spec.
    A good backup idea if no other specs could be added.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would remove Vulpera or Pandarin well before Dracthyr personally.
    Yes but we are talking classes and not races

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    UH mistweaver is breadead easy too. Get off your high horse
    No holy priest is braindead easy
    Resto druid is brain dead easy
    Shaman is braindead easy

A propely played mw (as in being on melee at all times and doing correct hps and dps has the following)

16 keybinds
    4 different buffs track
    Correct dps rotation to follow
    Correct healing spell priority to follow

All other healing specs are not even close to monk.

Why not just make a 4th Shaman spec then and have each element be the sole focus of each spec?? Actually, as I think about that you still wouldn't get your water DPS spec because water would certainly be a healer spec
    That would also mean that you'd get some specs just as melee or range, also again, the point of shamans is that you are in touch with the elements. Technically mage specializing in an element also contradicts the way magic in WoW is supposed to work, but it is an easier sale than shaman. Also mail is the worst armor class in the game. :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Feral dps druid, none plays that anyway
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No holy priest is braindead easy
    Resto druid is brain dead easy
    Shaman is braindead easy

A propely played mw (as in being on melee at all times and doing correct hps and dps has the following)

16 keybinds
    4 different buffs track
    Correct dps rotation to follow
    Correct healing spell priority to follow

All other healing specs are not even close to monk.
    Fyi, keybinds do not make a class hard. Some of the most complex classes I have played have been in games with a lot less keybinds.

For classes, remove this skinny twink dragon class purely because of it being tied to that race. Putting the race aside, then I would remove DH. Get rid of that DH community

Honestly i don't think wow has unfitting classes. Until Evokers... they are... weird... completly different to any other class.
    It is just to far removed and i don't like the drift towards action gameplay

Out of all those classes you listed as wanting the only two I would even play would be Necromancer and Battle Mage.

There is definitely a place in WoW for a battle mage IMO.
    I don't think that should be an entirely new class. Something like that should be an additional melee spec for the mage class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    I don't think that should be an entirely new class. Something like that should be an additional melee spec for the mage class.
    That none will play just like surv hunter, people roll mage and hunter because they want to play ranged, i'd rather have a ranged rogue spec tbh
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by mrnatas View Post
    Not classes but specs

Misty Monk
    Disc Priest
    Arcane Mage
    Demo Lock
    Survival Hunter
    Demo lock can stay, destro can leave
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Monks. No objective reason, I just don't like them.