Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Primal Storms Event Preview and Rewards - Dragonflight Pre-Launch Event

Primal Storms Event Preview
    Primal Storms is the Dragonflight pre-launch event where players defend Azeroth from the Primalist's attacks, and prepare for the Dragon Isles expedition.

Primal Storms
    • Primalists have invaded several areas throughout Azeroth, imbuing nearby creatures and empowering massive elemental lords.
    • The invasions take place in Northern Barrens, Un'Goro Crater and Badlands, and rotate every few hours.
    • Each elemental lord has 100 stacks of Elemental Protection, which gets removed by defeating lesser creatures in the area.
    • The elemental lords drop 252 ilvl catch-up gear and Primeval Essence, a currency used to purchase rewards from the Storm Hunter vendors in Durotar and Stormwind.

Primal Storms Event Rewards

To complete the Dragonflight pre-launch event achievement, players have to defeat the elemental lords from each type of invasion.

NameCategory
    Against the ElementsDefeat each of the elemental lords during the Dragonflight pre-launch events.
    Events

The heirloom is obtained by combining the Dimmed Primeval Fire, Dimmed Primeval Water, Dimmed Primeval Storm and Dimmed Primeval Earth, which have a chance to drop from the elemental lords.

The Primal Stormling battle pet is rewarded by completing A Primal Threat, one of the last quests of the Dragonflight pre-launch event questline.

The Bag of Furious Winds can be purchased for 100 Primeval Essence from the Storm Hunter vendors in Durotar and Stormwind.

The 20 slot reagent bag can be purchased for 5 Primeval Essence from the Storm Hunter vendors in Durotar and Stormwind.

• Transmog & Catch-Up Gear

The Storm Hunter vendors in Durotar and Stormwind also sell 252 item level catch-up gear at the following prices:
    • Full Armor Set - 290 Primeval Essence
    • Two-Hand Weapon - 45 Primeval Essence
    • One-Hand Weapon - 25 Primeval Essence
    • Off-Hand Weapon - 25 Primeval Essence
    • Cloaks, Necks, Rings - 25 Primeval Essence
    • Trinkets - 45 Primeval Essence
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-11-17 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "and rotate every few hours."

Guess it's gonna be reduced when people will complain about having nothing to do betweet 2 invasions

So in the end they didn't change the ilvl of the items... Why would they set it lower than even lfr? It's completely meaningless if you're not a fresh lvl 60

Quote Originally Posted by Albertillo View Post
    So in the end they didn't change the ilvl of the items... Why would they set it lower than even lfr? It's completely meaningless if you're not a fresh lvl 60
    Why does it matter? The ilvl is good for when you first start the new expansion. Anything beyond that is just a bonus, which you can easily get by jumping into LFR or just low M+. This is mostly just for transmogs anyways.

You literally don't need higher. For non fresh-60's you do it for the transmogs, toys, heirloom etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Feel like they'll never top the Legion invasions for me. Had fantastic exp and they were fun to do.

Because it's meant for fresh level 60. That's what catch up means. If you've been running LFR you're caught up to current raiding (albeit LFR raiding but still). This is catch up armor meant for new 60s who just leveled to max from the Winds buff.

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    Because it's meant for fresh level 60. That's what catch up means. If you've been running LFR you're caught up to current raiding (albeit LFR raiding but still). This is catch up armor meant for new 60s who just leveled to max from the Winds buff.
    This.

Most people will probably just go for the transmogs, heirloom, bag and toy.

Can non-level 60's help with the events to at least level up and get currency for a head-start when hitting 60? Or is it a 60 only event.

This is easily much better then the starting Ilevel gear you will get in DF at launch, and will carry you further than you think, at least from what I was getting in beta as a fresh evoker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Can non-level 60's help with the events to at least level up and get currency for a head-start when hitting 60? Or is it a 60 only event.
    As I understand it, the creatures, like in dungeons, will go to your level, so as early as lvl 10 you can participate, per what SOULBREEZY said in his video about it not too long ago

You can do it low-level and level with them (though they aren't as good as legion invasions)

I wish they'd come up with something else for these pre-launch events; it's been the same thing since Legion. Bad guys invade only select areas of the world (for some reason); players kill minor mobs, kill big commander, get currency, buy FOMO items.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    You can do it low-level and level with them (though they aren't as good as legion invasions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    As I understand it, the creatures, like in dungeons, will go to your level, so as early as lvl 10 you can participate, per what SOULBREEZY said in his video about it not too long ago
    That's good to hear! It makes playing with friends and doing some of these events together more enjoyable. Sad to hear it isn't as great as Legion's leveling. But seeing as how the curve between 38 - 60 was MASSIVELY reduced, and leveling to 38 in general is quick just from questing and a few dungeons anyways -- that isn't really a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I wish they'd come up with something else for these pre-launch events; it's been the same thing since Legion. Bad guys invade only select areas of the world (for some reason); players kill minor mobs, kill big commander, get currency, buy FOMO items.
    Don't fix what isn't broken ideology. It works, people enjoy it and participate. I do agree they should add more to it than just this - even if each event has these base principles.

Interesting they really went with 252 when current anniversary event already gives out 272. In two weeks all gear becomes invalidated, I see very little reason to take an "cautious" approach here and it would help out equipping an evoker to try out some non trivial content without being carried all the way.

That's good to hear! It makes playing with friends and doing some of these events together more enjoyable. Sad to hear it isn't as great as Legion's leveling. But seeing as how the curve between 38 - 60 was MASSIVELY reduced, and leveling to 38 in general is quick just from questing and a few dungeons anyways -- that isn't really a big issue.
    Bring a Guild Battle Standard, and AOE your little heart out, enjoy the bonus exp from all the tagging youll be doing.

And it ain't exactly like the pre-launch events before that were terribly different. It's always been the same "Oh no! 'Blah blah blah' group is attacking and we have to stop them! They're the biggest threat we've faced yet!'"

Using the same hook for 18 years is pretty weak.

EDIT: Though BFA's was actually decent, imo. Definitely wasn't perfect, but there was actual story going on in the prepatch.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2022-11-15 at 02:29 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you defeat (and loot) the same elemental lord multiple times when it's up or is it once a day?
    Last edited by echo808; 2022-11-15 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Interesting they really went with 252 when current anniversary event already gives out 272. In two weeks all gear becomes invalidated, I see very little reason to take an "cautious" approach here and it would help out equipping an evoker to try out some non trivial content without being carried all the way.
    Well there is also Dracthyr and Uldaman, so it's not like that is the only thing happening.

This, sorta.
    They could've added in a player element like during the original zombie plague, or like when you turn into a faceless for N'zoth's shard thing.

That way you can get emergent gameplay.

The main jarring thing is that the four zones are a "bit" limited.
    I guess the Badlands has Uldaman and Un'goro has titan stuff, Tirisfal has Tyr's grave but what do the barrens even have apart from barrens chat?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Revamping the Cata pre-release event I see...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like fun. for 10 minutes.

Oh well, get my FOS and back to Classic I go