Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Great example how Blizzard changed their target group.
    I do not feel it at all.

Was that a KulTiran or human riding the blue drake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Kind of odd she's had this power the whole time and has been chilling in Twilight Highlands for the last decade.
    That was my immediate thought as well. She's been hiding her potential for a time now, guess she doesn't consider it worth it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I believe it's a female Dwarf.

Not a fan of this colorful friendship between alliance and horde races...

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Huh. the DF launch cinematic was actually an improvement over the DF reveal cinematic, by virtue of actually having decent pacing. Who knew.
    What? That was Disney-esque kiddie garbage. The 1st one was an actual, grand cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Not a fan of this colorful friendship between alliance and horde races...
    Blizzard has said they want to take a major step back from the faction conflict as a story point.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    That's actually what I first thought too. That so much of this was trying to depict in game stuff, so I hope you see the aspects and Primals randomly flying around doing their thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? Bad take.
    Not a bad take at all. In fact, it is an accurate take. This one absolutely looks like it came from Disney/Pixar.

I am so stoked about playing Dracthyr, I been playing beta but now it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Blizzard has said they want to take a major step back from the faction conflict as a story point.
    Ok sure, but does it have to be like this? It's like we are best friends now.

This trailer is so weird, then I realized this is the same feel and style as the damn FF14 x million players trailer they released in 2020. It is almost shot for shot too. That is just sad and I bet that was the intention because Blizzard really wants that audience. It's very casual but pretty positive and they tend to complete their jobs then come back for the following patch and story stuff. It is also scarily similar to the opening few minutes of How to train your dragon 2.

I just don't get the feel of this expansion but also SL was a danger zone for me. This though is tonally bad, it shows nothing really of the game and story and is so tonally everywhere. I agree the prior DF is pretty trash it again just does nothing.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Both Dragonflight cinematics feel... a bit off...

I mean, they are great and all but I don't have the "warcrafty" feeling watching them

A more colorful, lighthearted cinematic. All good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuskarr (check)
    Female Dwarf (Check)

well thats all I need to make this a good cinematic lol

But for real, I thought it was a nice, bit of a chill cinematic which I kind of appreciate. all these cinematics with impending danger, its nice to see a more laid back one. also got huge How To Train Your Dragon vibes from this cinematic :P

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    That's actually what I first thought too. That so much of this was trying to depict in game stuff, so I hope you see the aspects and Primals randomly flying around doing their thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? Bad take.
    It's not a bad take at all. Danuser wrote a bloody children's book, that's likely how he see's WoW now if this cinematic is anything to go by, it's absolutely a far cry from the dark world WoW used to have such as Arthas murdering his father and all his people, I'd say the differences are night and day.

Cinematic has feeling of joy in exploring new world, having fun with friends and getting into sudden encounters with big enemies, yet there are still ppl who claim "this is not wow!".

I mean, what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Dwarf, mate
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Not just only a Dwarf, but looks to be a Wildhammer Dwarf with the tattoos and all, which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Cinematic has feeling of joy in exploring new world, having fun with friends and getting into sudden encounters with big enemies, yet there are still ppl who claim "this is not wow!".

I mean, what?
    You'll have to excuse those fans. For them, this cinematic sucks because there were no big shootie explodey explosions or a white-haired guy with sword and an uneven temperament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What? That was Disney-esque kiddie garbage. The 1st one was an actual, grand cinematic.
    People said the same thing about this one

The better question is how often do Blizzard show good moments in their lore? Not often, its a break from the dark brooding stuff, sorry if your macho image only wants doom and gloom 24/7 but its nice to have a break away from that and show the world (of warcraft) as being something other than some doomers wet dream.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance