Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not feeling it either. I also think the big bad looks kinda... shit.. it doesn't even look like a proto drake.
    It almost seems like it has a beak and looks more like an uglier version of the dread raven mount, sans the feathers and instead it has drust antlers.
    I prefered the hike of the stone dude from the previous cinematic. The new one wants to sell me an open world that the previous two expansion's managed to utterly disconnect me from. Also Dragthyr still don't do it for me, especially after playing them on beta.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    When does it go live in EU? CET? 0:00?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm just not feeling it. This looks way more like a Disney/Pixar movie, such a huge departure of what their cinematics used to look like back in WC3 up to Cata. If you watch the throne room scene with Arthas you just can't believe that its from the same franchise that this cinematic came from.
    Have you considered, that this is more like Final Fantasy art?

I think they are focusing on a specific audiance. You see that from the simplified gameplay(talents and not systems)to the art.

Definitely visually stunning as usual, but I also agree that it's very much a departure from the style and tone of something like WC3 in particular. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Not feeling it either. I also think the big bad looks kinda... shit.. it doesn't even look like a proto drake.
    It almost seems like it has a beak and looks more like an uglier version of the dread raven mount, sans the feathers and instead it has drust antlers.
    I prefered the hike of the stone dude from the previous cinematic. The new one wants to sell me an open world that the previous two expansion's managed to utterly disconnect me from. Also Dragthyr still don't do it for me, especially after playing them on beta.
    So - you are finally done with the game or what are you implying? Does a cinematic break it for you?

W3 and WoW are two different games, ppl seem to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    So - you are finally done with the game or what are you implying? Does a cinematic break it for you?
    He is fair too, the last 2 expansions have been awful frankly and a lot of players pretty have much said they will give it one more shot and that's it. Dragonflight just does not tick the boxes and it feels like it is trying really hard to be something it is not or be just FF14. The dragon-riding thing is pretty much the mechanic from Heavensward. Wow cannot be like FF because they are so tonally different but built differently.

I love dragons and I love Disney, so this trailer is an absolute jackpot hit for me. The game itself has to be fun, but for now I feel like they made this all just for me. That together with the talent trees, tier sets and no borrowed power, I really can't wait for it to fully launch!

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It does nothing to change my feeling about WoW, not that a single cinematic was going to move mountains anyway, but it really just does nothing for me. As for me being done with WoW, I will keep playing it every now and then for the people I've met there, as spending time with them is enjoyable. But the game itself, without having played the leveling content yet (deliberately to keep it as fresh and engaging as possible), will probably remain a glorified chatroom. As a fantasy and story nerd I would have just prefered if other parts of the game would also still engage me, currently I fear it will be running keys with buddies for the next 2 years once again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Looks like a Disney movie trailer made for 6 years old kids.
    Bro your profile pic is a bipedal talking cartoon cow who uses magic…..

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    It does nothing to change my feeling about WoW, not that a single cinematic was going to move mountains anyway, but it really just does nothing for me. As for me being done with WoW, I will keep playing it every now and then for the people I've met there, as spending time with them is enjoyable. But the game itself, without having played the leveling content yet (deliberately to keep it as fresh and engaging as possible), will probably remain a glorified chatroom. As a fantasy and story nerd I would have just prefered if other parts of the game would also still engage me, currently I fear it will be running keys with buddies for the next 2 years once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdentVeteran View Post
    He is fair too, the last 2 expansions have been awful frankly and a lot of players pretty have much said they will give it one more shot and that's it. Dragonflight just does not tick the boxes and it feels like it is trying really hard to be something it is not or be just FF14. The dragon-riding thing is pretty much the mechanic from Heavensward. Wow cannot be like FF because they are so tonally different but built differently.
    Money talks.

Do you know what it means? It's not you and I that will pay them the most. It's the FF and Heavensward players that WoW will attract.

Do you understand? Ive played WoW for 18 years - my playerbase can't keep the game alive anylonger. We are too few.

Dragonflight remains the most lacklustre and poorly fitting expansion to date - forget systems or gameplay, this god awful writing team is going to be what finally kills this game

"iTs NoT sUpPoSeD tO bE lIkE wArCrAfT 3"

Yes we know, and that's exactly what's wrong with it - it's clear the actual talent behind this once great franchise has long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Bro your profile pic is a bipedal talking cartoon cow who uses magic…..
    You should watch the vanilla cinematic video then. That cartoon cow looks and behaves way more badass compared to these two randos literally jerking off on dragons while smiling and laughing at each other. War is removed from Warcraft in DF.

I loved the trailer. It gave me feel good and nostalgia vibes. I was never one to hate on Disney and Pixar movies because I think it makes me feel more badass.

Feels like world of lovecraft, not my game anymore i guess ruined by the woke cult running blizzard in 2022.
    Makes the WoD cinematic look like a master piece of a totally different game and franchise.

We need to face it that WoW is now disney and a franchise for childeren below 12 years old.
    The blood and thunder vibe and the rock and roll of the 90s has been remove completely.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-11-15 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Feels like world of lovecraft, not my game anymore i guess ruined by the woke cult running blizzard in 2022.
    Makes the WoD cinematic look like a a master piece of a totally different game and franchise.
    You can probably quote this from MoP during the Kung Fu Panda days. And we got one of the best expansions... then got WoD which was hyped to be a return to "BADASS SAVAGE WARCRAFT" , then got the worst expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    A more colorful, lighthearted cinematic. All good to me.
    Aye, I enjoyed it. its a VERY nice step away from "its the end of the world as we know it" the last few expansions have been.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Cinematic has feeling of joy in exploring new world, having fun with friends and getting into sudden encounters with big enemies, yet there are still ppl who claim "this is not wow!".

I mean, what?
    The comment of the poster above you could have been transported from the past when Mists was the newest expansion (excluding the Danuser reference obviously). Mists was definitely too light and happy and fun and silly to be part of WoW!

Like that time Garrosh nuked Theramore out of existence to open the expac and then abducted the civilian survivors as they tried to escape the city and then tortured those civilians all over Orgrimmar for funsies. He also destroyed the Vale and killed all those Golden Lotus NPCs, unleashed the power of an old god, gut stabbed Taran Zhu and left him to bleed out, and was basically just WoW Hitler all expac.

Oh yeah also those panda people had spent generations as slaves to the horrendously oppressive mogu as well.

But it was super lighthearted and silly and had no place in a dark and edgy world like WoW. I expect Dragonflight to be no different.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What? That was Disney-esque kiddie garbage. The 1st one was an actual, grand cinematic.
    The first one had horribly sluggish pacing, if you compare it to basically every previous trailer launch cinematic. "Watch stone man walk and climb for like 2 minutes" just felt all sorts of terribly drawn-out to me, and why I consider it my second least-favorite cinematic, only behind the SL one. The pacing in this wasn't jank, and that's enough to view it as better from a viewer's perspective.

World of Warcraft: How to Train your Dragon