Poll: Should Draconic form have both male and female body types?

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    It's not a top. Use viewer of some kind and you will see. What's clear is that Blizzard can go and fuck themselves.
    "i can't stare at dragon tits so Blizzard can go fuck themselves".

Go elsewhere for your fetish. There is art online. Go nuts, have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Dragons in WoW never had different sexes. So Blizz had it right when making them. Besides I'll most likely be in Visage form while not in combat.
    Dragons in WoW....never had....different sexes....... well we know what we found here don't we?

If dragons don't have sexes then they wouldn't have consorts......which are used.....for.......breeding....
    Someone should also go tell Deathwing he never needed to rape Sinestra in the books cause apparently he could of just laid those eggs himself....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    The current devs are literally trying to undo the work of the Old Guard that made WoW what it is. I mean, look at the new Hogger model. It's disgusting. Old Hogger had fucking blood dripping from his mouth - new Hogger looks like a plushie with an accute, severe instance of Down's Syndrome. The Heroes of the Storm Hogger model is actually true to the original and updated for modern standards. I can GUARANTEE you if the Old Guard made the Drac'thyr, we'd have male/female option, with the male looking mostly like the buffed up BWL Drakonids that twirl their polearms around while cleaving through T2 geared tanks, and the females looking like the Dragonspawn, who have tits and feminine clothing. Of course, no visage form, cause fuck that (just like you rarely see Worgen players chilling in Human form, or Guardian/Feral druids chilling in anything but Bear/Cat form).

Whoever posted that deviant-art-furry-dragon-humanoid picture was spot on. That's what the current Drac'thyr look like. DeviantArt fantasies of people who get turned on by anthropomorphic animals. They even have their own name, I learn. "Scaleys" they're called. Now I have no issue with w/e people like to do in their private time, but don't bring that stuff into WoW. Turning the badass oldschool WoW dragons/drakonids/dragonspawn into....whatever Drac'thyr are, is a farce. And a bad one at that.

To deny that the new devs are actively moving away from the old-school WoW aesthetic is dishonest.
    The woman who designed them literally has a furry twitter page

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Dragons in WoW....never had....different sexes....... well we know what we found here don't we?

If dragons don't have sexes then they wouldn't have consorts......which are used.....for.......breeding....
    Someone should also go tell Deathwing he never needed to rape Sinestra in the books cause apparently he could of just laid those eggs himself....
    No dude, what are you doing!? Are you bringing logic and facts into the discussion!? Are you bringing historical records of WoW dragons actually having BINARY SEXES throughout their whole existence?? How dare you!! Pitchforks and riots!!! Reeeee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm stating simple fact. You, on the other hand, live in the past and would like to hold the current devs hostage to something created more than 15 years ago. Guess what, the current devs don't care and would rather show you a middle finger. What will you do about it? Stamp your feet some more and call the devs names? Go ahead, lets see where it gets you
    Of course you are which is why you have to change tactics. The fact of the matter is that the new devs can't think of how to properly implement things that make sense and just add in their own fanfic creations not giving a shit if it fits in with the story they create. There are a dozen ways they could have implemented thin Dracthyr and made it make sense in the story but they didn't. They gave one dude free run to implement his childhood fantasy without thinking about how it fit in the story.

Have you seen the new lore for Drakonids? They uplifted Tarasek to create them. Tarasek are much smaller and closer to Dracthyr in size. Deathwing thinks the Tarasek are just pathetic and Drakonids are great just not adaptable enough which is why he creates the Dracthyr. So why on earth would he take a walking tank and devolve it back into a Tarasek with wings?

But yeah keep defending half assed implementations of shit.

You don't change already established aesthetics of a game in the middle of it. You make a new game if you wanna change it up.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-11-15 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post

The woman who designed them literally has a furry twitter page
    You can't be serious...please tell me you're joking.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Of course you are which is why you have to change tactics. The fact of the matter is that the new devs can't properly think of how to properly implement things that make sense and just add in their own fanfic creations not giving a shit if it fits in with the story they create. There are a dozen ways they could have implemented thin Dracthyr and made it make sense in the story but they didn't. They gave one dude free run to implement his childhood fantasy without thinking about how it fit in the story.

Have you seen the new lore for Drakonids? They uplifted Tarasek to create them. Tarasek are much smaller and closer to Dracthyr in size. Deathwing thinks the Tarasek are just pathetic and Drakonids are great just not adaptable enough which is why he creates the Dracthyr. So why on earth would he take a walking tank and devolve it back into a Tarasek with wings?

But yeah keep defending half assed implementations of shit.

You don't change already established aesthetics of a game in the middle of it. You make a new game if you wanna change it up.
    I can discuss with you.

What do you think this community is? Are we all the red shirt guys?

The majority don't care. Drakonids could be made out of dragon poop - nobody cares.

And if nobody cares - Blizzard won't and shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I can discuss with you.

What do you think this community is? Are we all the red shirt guys?

The majority don't care. Drakonids could be made out of dragon poop - nobody cares.

And if nobody cares - Blizzard won't and shouldn't either.
    If you don't care then why are you trying to argue against stuff?

To deny that the new devs are actively moving away from the old-school WoW aesthetic is dishonest.
    Who's denying it? I'm embracing it! They are doing it at least since BfA and some people still don't have a clue and are surprised Drakthyrs are not burly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The point of the video doesn't apply to baseline troops. I won't even bother addressing the absurdity of the way Lothar killed Blackhand, because unless fel dropped his heart or brain to balls, I don't see how he lost that way. Lothar's way of thinking is based on the idea that Orcs are intellectualy inferior and will undermine Humans and rely on strength alone. Tropes don't make fights.

They clearly are envisioned this way considering their use of halberds and today's quote about fighting with wings and talons. The very idea that Neltharion somehow thought 'I'll make them soopah doopah magic users but I won't bother to give them impressive physicality to match' is bizarre to me. He wasn't a game designer making them with game balance in mind, he made them from dragons and mortals. There's no reason why they shouldn't be both swole and able to use all dragonflights powers. In fact, Legacies show that they indeed can be big.
    There was nothing absurd with the way Lothar killed Blackhand - Blackhand was never that smart (the primary reason Gul'dan chose him as the figurehead to lead the Horde), and despite his enhanced strength both as an orc and from the Fel, he stood no chance against an opponent who was skilled, nimble, and strong even if the said opponent wasn't quite as strong as he was. That's how fights tend to go in real life as well when you pit skill against undisciplined strength.

The argument about muscles equaling strength makes even less sense when you apply it to a fantastical race created by a demigod-like dragon, where their effective strength could just as easily be a product of magical enhancement than any kind of physiological trait. In point of fact, Neltharion didn't seem to care overly about the physique of the dracthyr and was more concerned with their potential to be able to channel all five forms of Aspectral powers. He couldn't care less if they were spindly or swole, as long as they managed that paramount feat - which is why Evokers are the elite of the dracthyr, being able to mostly realize what Neltharion hoped they would. Trying to argue that dracthyr should objectively be musclebound is foolhardy in that light - and while it may be your subjective preference, it by no means harms either the story or the setting that they aren't.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They are doing it since BfA, and like I've said, you still don't have a clue. Did you discover it with DF & Dracthyr announcement? Really? They are chaning it since years now, and they will continue to change it with every new expansion (which will still come), until it doesn't look like old WoW at all (except for the classic races, which are here to stay).

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I'm not dodging anything, I said they are the strongest warriors and my answer remains unchanged. I didn't say it would give an automatic victory, but it would give advantage, a big one. Dracthyr aren't like modern soldiers, they weren't made to wield firearms. They are draconic hybrids made by the chaddest of Dragon Aspects. Perfect soldier should combine both might and magic. They lack the former. You replied to me, go away yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Not bodies, but they have different head features depending on sex.
    I'd like you to look at a Dragon's head and tell me it's gender without knowning beforehand.

Who's denying it? I'm embracing it! They are doing it at least since BfA and some people still don't have a clue and are surprised Drakthyrs are not burly enough.
    But that's the point...what they're doing is flat-out wrong. You don't change a games aesthetics mid-way, you create a new game. You seem to be bringing up BFA alot. Guess what was added in BFA? Burly human sailors, the Kul'Tirans. Upright Trolls and Orcs, the Zandalari and the Mag'har respectively. Mechagnomes, cyborg gnomes. Moose-Tauren. Draenei with golden tattoos. The only thing added in BFA that isn't buff is Vulpera - the exception to the rule.

And a perfect soldier is one that will go into any fight obediently - just like the Dractyhrs were supposed to do when Neltharion created them. They don't have to be "best" at everything, because soldiers are expendable. Why do you think did he create so many?

EDIT: Also, the very existence of Evokers disproves your claim, because if they're "better" Dracthyrs, then it means Dracthyrs are far from perfect.
    It's one of qualities of a perfect soldier, yes. They do have to be great at everything tho. To have an army. Even among Dracthyr there are better and worse weyrns, like the Adamant Vigil, who are elite of already elite race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    "i can't stare at dragon tits so Blizzard can go fuck themselves".

Go elsewhere for your fetish. There is art online. Go nuts, have fun.
    Strawman harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    I'd like you to look at a Dragon's head and tell me it's gender without knowning beforehand.
    Named dragons? Easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    People aren't saying that muscle only wins. But someone has to have never been in a fight before to think mass doesn't matter. Theres a reason there are weight classes in MMA/Boxing.
    Mass can certainly matter, but the strong implication behind the rhetoric here is that it's all that matters. Both MMA and Boxing carry the implication that fighters will be closely matched in skill, and so mass/size determines their relative ranking in a tightly regimented context. But actual combat isn't tightly regimented, and skill gaps often exist and matter more than size or strength, especially where combatants are armed (with either weaponry or magical abilities in WoW's case).

Because the drakonid were engineered for one job, and the dracthyr for another. With the dracthyr, Neltharion wanted a race that could tap into all five forms of Aspectral power - something the drakonid simply can't do. Perhaps this required a form closer to the tarasek to achieve, perhaps hulking physiology simply wasn't a concern - and, as previously stated, perhaps for dragons physiology doesn't matter at all because their strength is entirely magical in nature and not connected to their physiology in the first place. Trying to apply some kind of real-world comparison here is probably foolhardy on its face because they're an entirely mystical race of beings created by magic for a specific purpose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

But that's the point...what they're doing is flat-out wrong. You don't change a games aesthetics mid-way, you create a new game. You seem to be bringing up BFA alot. Guess what was added in BFA? Burly human sailors, the Kul'Tirans. Upright Trolls and Orcs, the Zandalari and the Mag'har respectively. Mechagnomes, cyborg gnomes. Moose-Tauren. Draenei with golden tattoos. The only thing added in BFA that isn't buff is Vulpera - the exception to the rule.
    Most of those are reworked races anyway, Zandalari Troll is already leaner than the comically muscular Orc, and Kul Tirans are overall just big, not a body builder type. And why would you focus on the player races alone? It's about the whole artstyle, which became much more colorful and "softer" in BfA.

As for it being wrong, that's like, your opinion, man. They are doing it and they don't seem to care that you prefer old aesthetics. What can you do about it? Do you think they'll change their mind just because you're not supporting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There was nothing absurd with the way Lothar killed Blackhand - Blackhand was never that smart (the primary reason Gul'dan chose him as the figurehead to lead the Horde), and despite his enhanced strength both as an orc and from the Fel, he stood no chance against an opponent who was skilled, nimble, and strong even if the said opponent wasn't quite as strong as he was. That's how fights tend to go in real life as well when you pit skill against undisciplined strength.

The argument about muscles equaling strength makes even less sense when you apply it to a fantastical race created by a demigod-like dragon, where their effective strength could just as easily be a product of magical enhancement than any kind of physiological trait. In point of fact, Neltharion didn't seem to care overly about the physique of the dracthyr and was more concerned with their potential to be able to channel all five forms of Aspectral powers. He couldn't care less if they were spindly or swole, as long as they managed that paramount feat - which is why Evokers are the elite of the dracthyr, being able to mostly realize what Neltharion hoped they would. Trying to argue that dracthyr should objectively be musclebound is foolhardy in that light - and while it may be your subjective preference, it by no means harms either the story or the setting that they aren't.
    Everything about it was absurd. He might not have been a genius but cut to a groin is basic move and one he should have known to protect himself from, especially considering enemy's height. Not to mention that it would have not killed him instanteously.

That's how physical strength is displayed in this universe. It doesn't make sense for draconic hybrid to be so weak looking when Tarasek were uplifted to Drakonids. They do harm art style of this game. Like I said, Legacies show that Dracthyr can be bulky. Such options should be in game.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't be serious...please tell me you're joking.
    He's serious

Last edited by Auburst; 2022-11-15 at 07:56 PM.

Mass can certainly matter, but the strong implication behind the rhetoric here is that it's all that matters. Both MMA and Boxing carry the implication that fighters will be closely matched in skill, and so mass/size determines their relative ranking in a tightly regimented context. But actual combat isn't tightly regimented, and skill gaps often exist and matter more than size or strength, especially where combatants are armed (with either weaponry or magical abilities in WoW's case).

Because the drakonid were engineered for one job, and the dracthyr for another. With the dracthyr, Neltharion wanted a race that could tap into all five forms of Aspectral power - something the drakonid simply can't do. Perhaps this required a form closer to the tarasek to achieve, perhaps hulking physiology simply wasn't a concern - and, as previously stated, perhaps for dragons physiology doesn't matter at all because their strength is entirely magical in nature and not connected to their physiology in the first place. Trying to apply some kind of real-world comparison here is probably foolhardy on its face because they're an entirely mystical race of beings created by magic for a specific purpose.
    Obviously its not all that matters.
    People drop weight so they have a weight/mass advantage.

He has the Dracthyr use the Tarasek as targeting dummies and has always been a more power dude and even as a protodragon was all about strength. If they were made by Alexstraza or Ysera for a different purpose I wouldn't be complaining. And yes they are magical beings which also have a humanoid form nearly identical in size. Why wouldn't he give them a more massive form and a smaller visage form to help cover any weaknesses one might have? Can't cast spells anymore and surrounded? Transform into your big ass dragon form and start eating motherfuckers. Dracthyr can't do that they can't even be properly used as infiltrators since they can't 100% hide all their draconic traits in their visage. Literally the only thing they can do thats "elite" is use the powers from the different flights and isn't that only the evokers and not the race as a whole?

Obviously its not all that matters.
    People drop weight so they have a weight/mass advantage.

He has the Dracthyr use the Tarasek as targeting dummies and has always been a more power dude and even as a protodragon was all about strength. If they were made by Alexstraza or Ysera for a different purpose I wouldn't be complaining. And yes they are magical beings which also have a humanoid form nearly identical in size. Why wouldn't he give them a more massive form and a smaller visage form to help cover any weaknesses one might have? Can't cast spells anymore and surrounded? Transform into your big ass dragon form and start eating motherfuckers. Dracthyr can't do that they can't even be properly used as infiltrators since they can't 100% hide all their draconic traits in their visage. Literally the only thing they can do thats "elite" is use the powers from the different flights and isn't that only the evokers and not the race as a whole?
    Even his visage form is that of a chad human who looks like an omega slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It's a reptile. They ley egg.
    It's a fictional anthropomorphic dragon. They do whatever the author designs them to do

it always amuses me when people try to apply real life biology and anatomy to nonexistent fantasy creatures

Specifically in regards to MMA and boxing is why I think the thread argument is so dumb. Those are sports. Not real fights. People are arguing for massive meatheads like a UFC fight when a soldier doesn't actually look like. Or need to. I can't wrap my head around it beyond wanting to project fantasy status of giant Bigdick McManhuge. And hiding it behind a lie about realism, bad design and nonsense.