7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well that cinematic was gorgeous. It wasn't meant to be anything but gorgeous but hey, it did that.
    I mean, it is a launch cinematic.
    Its whole purpose is to essentially be a long ad.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-11-15 at 08:27 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, it is a launch cinematic.
    Its whole purpose is to essentially be a long ad.
    Yeah as an ad, it wouldn't be succesful for me. Worst thing is an ad from a videogame that looks NOTHING like the actual gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as an ad, it wouldn't be succesful for me. Worst thing is an ad from a videogame that looks NOTHING like the actual gameplay.
    But that's what the survival guide pre-patch trailer are for that came alongside it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    But that's what the survival guide pre-patch trailer are for that came alongside it.
    So I am just wondering why was all that money spent for this. Because it looks cool but its utility seems purely aesthetic to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I found it to be an excellent advertisement for dragon riding and the new Evoker class.

So I am just wondering why was all that money spent for this. Because it looks cool but its utility seems purely aesthetic to me.
    It's another thing they can show off to those who are on the fence about WoW, or who are looking for something new.
    Yes it doesn't do a whole ton, but if you are into the idea of flying around on dragons then this cinematic shows exactly that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's another thing they can show off to those who are on the fence about WoW, or who are looking for something new.
    Yes it doesn't do a whole ton, but if you are into the idea of flying around on dragons then this cinematic shows exactly that.
    Honestly I'll be specific, I wished that if they did a cinematic approach of dragonriding, I'd have loved for them to actually make it look like it does in game. So if you touch a surface you lose your momentum in game so don't use that scene. When the wildhammer lady is climbing up, have the dragon climb in a corkscrew motion.

Honestly I'll be specific, I wished that if they did a cinematic approach of dragonriding, I'd have loved for them to actually make it look like it does in game. So if you touch a surface you lose your momentum in game so don't use that scene. When the wildhammer lady is climbing up, have the dragon climb in a corkscrew motion.
    Ehh, the specifics of what animation is used sounds like s nitpick to me. They used dragonriding for a race, she took a shortcut, failed in avoiding an obstacle, then used an ability to propel herself upwards.

I just hope dragonriding feels closer to what we see, rather than whether it looks exactly like it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

There's no big story at launch. This isn't a story expansion... yet.

Cinematic is fantastic and those clamouring for the 4k version look no further;

Again, not saying it's not a gorgeous cinematic. It is. I am just used with cinematics being used to tell a story.

Again, not saying it's not a gorgeous cinematic. It is. I am just used with cinematics being used to tell a story.
    Since Shadowlands they seem to have a cinematic for launch that just showcases stuff to look cool, it's the Dragonflight version of this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Since Shadowlands they seem to have a cinematic for launch that just showcases stuff to look cool, it's the Dragonflight version of this:

I still say when this cinematic was made they wanted to do more with the character but got scrapped for...reasons.

Back on topic though, The cinematics are beautiful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I still say when this cinematic was made they wanted to do more with the character but got scrapped for...reasons.

Back on topic though, The cinematics are beautiful.
    I think they will do more with the Dragonflight ones like they did BFA, Shadowlands got cut short for obvious reasons.

This cinematic reminded me of the Classic and TBC ones, just showing different stuff.

the launch cinematic was literally scenes from how to train your dragon and House of the dragon so 10/10

im assuming iridikron is the eldest of the primal incarnates and im ready for him to be the biggest threat ever

Damn I wish I didn't see tons of thumbnails from datamined cinematics right now. Can't wait for an eventual "X character DIES!" with a thumbnail showing their dead corpse literally staring at me on the youtube frontpage.

can you not do the legion intro questline right now, the broken shore invasion, portal to dal, etc?
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2022-11-16 at 05:56 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    Terran Gregory and the other gal there were the only two who weren't painfully scripted, indeed.
    Tbh to my European ears, Blizzard presenters always had a rather artificial, corporate-y sound, even though Metzen made more of a show of it, but much of that was enhanced by the stage and live audience.

That's just how Americans talk in presentations, in my perception.

Anyway, I really don't like the "speaker talks to front camera, but is filmed by side camera" shots. Have them talk at each other or at the 'active' camera (obviously rather an issue with cutting afterwards, since this isn't live)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Raszageth's voice actor slaps. The model still looks ridiculous to me but I am looking forward to more cinematics with her.

Also Dadgar is coming to the rescue and remains cool as a cucumber. If they mess up his inevitable death, I'll send letters (not sure where, but I'll send them!)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-11-16 at 06:48 AM.